• Breaking News

    Monday, March 8, 2021

    Apple Macbook This machine is insane, last time I felt like this was when i went from an HDD to an SSD (base M1 MacBook Pro)

    Apple Macbook This machine is insane, last time I felt like this was when i went from an HDD to an SSD (base M1 MacBook Pro)


    This machine is insane, last time I felt like this was when i went from an HDD to an SSD (base M1 MacBook Pro)

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:48 AM PST

    The glorious MBA M1. How I love you.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:42 AM PST

    Does anyone else regret buying Macbook Air Intel i5 in June 2020?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:38 PM PST

    I was a Windows user and bought this Macbook Air when they are giving away free Airpods. At first I was quite happy with the Airpods Pro but not that happy with the bluetooth wireless mouth (Mine is Logitech MX3) cause its way more smoother when using Windows with a receiver and I was not used to touchpad. And after M1 Macbook Air releases, I feel like its way better than mine considering its speed and upgraded screen

    submitted by /u/Dear_Ad_3283
    [link] [comments]

    Keybaord is adding random spaces and periods

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:39 PM PST

    Title. It's making typing anything impossible. I just have to keep backspacing every few words. I have tried lowering the key hold sensitivity for double spacing for periods but it didn't do anything. I use my laptop for school and I write a lot of papers. It's making it literally impossible to type anything without spending 10 entire minutes going back and erasing a bunch of random periods and spaces. Please help

    submitted by /u/woomybii
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] How do I downgrade to Catalina from BigSur?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:33 PM PST

    So, I have an MacBook Pro 2020 and am running on BigSur. I want to jailbreak my phone and get altstore. But, I've heard people say you have to be running Catalina in order to get altstore. So I tried getting Catalina but it says it's not comparable but I'm running macOS 10.4 or later and I have a lot of storage left. My question is how do I downgrade to Catalina? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tylerthecreator7
    [link] [comments]

    Screen cracked, while closing the screen. Macbook Air 2020 M1. Story in the comments

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:02 PM PST

    What MacBook do you recommend for a college student on a budget?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:39 PM PST

    I am fine with a used one. I was considering buying the new air but $800 is still a lot. I would like a MacBook that is dependable but not extremely expensive. Are MacBooks from 2017 still good? I need something to last at least 2 years. I always have had windows that hardly worked even when I bought them brand new. Apple is the best.

    submitted by /u/Pearltherebel
    [link] [comments]

    Any good cleaning cloths that don't leave small scratches on MacBook screen?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:43 AM PST

    Is Nintendo Switch charger okay for macbook pro 13?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:28 PM PST

    So I forgot the cable to charge my macbook at home but I have my switch cable, is it safe to charge my macbook with it? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Wellant
    [link] [comments]

    Can an M1 MBP drive 3 monitors?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:56 AM PST

    Hello,

    Like the title says, I would like to know if the M1 MBP can have 3 external displays plugged in. I intended to buy the CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock to plug in my current 2 displays. Could the remaining Thunderbolt port be used with a USB-C to HDMI / DP cable?

    Quick Info: This will be my 1st Apple computer. I have always been on Windows. I can't wait to receive it!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/kast0r_
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know the ballpark of this repair? If it’s over a few hundred it’s probably not worth it. No internal damage just broken screen?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 01:00 PM PST

    2 monitors with a 13 inch macbook pro?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:17 AM PST

    Hello, I want to connect 2 monitors to my macbook pro 2017, which only has 2 USB C ports, one of which I use for charging. Can I run 2 monitors through only one USB C port if I use 2 daisy-chained dongles? thanks.

    submitted by /u/taco_fisher
    [link] [comments]

    Moving from Macbook '12 to M1. Should I move my content to a new Mac, or is it recommended to start 'fresh'?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:01 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I am lazy, and my current MacOS storage isn't big (I think I have only about ~80GB to move, but within that is 20GB of 'other'). Mostly because of the 'Other' which I have no idea which is that, and because I am moving from Intel to M1 I think about starting fresh, but from the other side it would be much more convenient to just move my content from one Mac to another, and then clean/delete any files I do not need.

    Is there any reason to do it one way or another?

    submitted by /u/skend24
    [link] [comments]

    Worth it to upgrade Macbook Air 2012 from 128GB to 256GB for XCode?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:18 AM PST

    Hi, looking for opinions about whether or not it's worth it to upgrade a 4GB 13" Air from 128GB storage to 256GB. I can do this for relatively cheap ($50 Canadian) by getting a M.2 adapter kit and 256GB ssd. I'm constantly running out of space for updates.

    I'm mostly a Windows coder, but would like to try some XCode. I'll probably be using VNC to connect to the machine. Opinions, thoughts? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/zzmaster
    [link] [comments]

    HD350BT connects than disconnect with macbook pro

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:20 AM PST

    Recently bought one HD350BT that was working fine with my phone and my macbook pro 2017. But today it started no longed keeping the connection, it shows connected but soon after loses the connection. None of the workarounds that I've found (PRAM reset, deleting preferences, etc) worked.

    I'm at macOS 10.14.6.

    Does anyone else facing the same problem?

    submitted by /u/TorresmoStarship
    [link] [comments]

    2020 M1 internal screen refresh rate?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:03 AM PST

    Hello! What is the macbook's internal scren refresh rate? I can t find anything about this. I guess it s 60hz??

    submitted by /u/7Delusions
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 12” USB Dongle recommendations

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:06 AM PST

    I have a MB 12" (2016) which only has the one USB-C port.

    I occasionaly need to use an external USB hard drive (which is powered via its sole USB3 port/cable) and I often need to use it together with other peripherals (which need data but no power, such as Midi controls).

    I bought this USB Dongle off of Amazon called "Meco Eleverde" which has one USB 3 and two USB 2 ports.

    If I use it and connect my HDD and devices and plug it to my original Apple Power adapter the harddrive keeps losing power: shuts off, starts up etc all the time.

    It appears not to get enough power through the dongle and this is killing the drive.

    My conclusion is this dongle is absolute trash.

    Can someone recommend a high quality, reliable dongle with stable power? I need 2, preferably 3, USB ports.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Technoist
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with partition /Time machine- please help!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:55 AM PST

    Problem with partition /Time machine- please help!

    Hey Guys,

    I had created a time machine backup some time ago.

    To do this, I have the complete hard drive splitted, because I wanted to use it sometimes under windows.

    now I have it again connected to the MAC to make a backup. this has failed, because probably not enough space on the partition was - this is not true - I suspect there was an error because time machine automatically deletes the old data normaly. however, this did not happen and on the time mashine there were several folders. So i deleted all folders to create a new clean backup.

    Unfortunately I have 2 partitions which can not be deleted. Does anyone have an idea how I can make both "Time Mashine" partitions into one, encrypt it and it will automatically overwrite old data?

    i always get an error code when I use the disk tool to delete both time mashin partitions

    Now I have a third one - and it looks like it's mirrored or so? or just creating the copy 3x?

    Thank you

    https://preview.redd.it/davlqc6ggml61.png?width=1302&format=png&auto=webp&s=f8401f3e0ee6bb7c65e81b3afb7ff59f005a82ea

    https://preview.redd.it/ogmzbwfkcml61.png?width=920&format=png&auto=webp&s=56f16aa96a91747f487e41c0753e90edc3df25ef

    https://preview.redd.it/1k8agvakcml61.png?width=939&format=png&auto=webp&s=3a878c4ae5d5928d522d8c551c84dd19ff8f3673

    https://preview.redd.it/7dwejg7kcml61.png?width=953&format=png&auto=webp&s=dd9e3a0f1405c284eaff6a67b568d34254dd1306

    https://preview.redd.it/6y6jznakcml61.png?width=946&format=png&auto=webp&s=1be89d462e4b1c5f8e038715d82cb4a095a81c3b

    submitted by /u/RamboRabbit
    [link] [comments]

    ? Can some tell me how to fix the date and time please?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:50 AM PST

    Keyboard Spill Help

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:27 AM PST

    Hi all, just a quick question regarding cleaning a sticky keyboard as someone accidentally spilled a Coca-Cola on my 2018 MacBook. Can I take the keys off the MacBook and clean them separately? I have removed keys on older desktop keyboards, but did not know if it was possible on newer MacBooks. Thanks everyone in advance.

    submitted by /u/jackod71
    [link] [comments]

    Anti-reflection/glare options for Macbook Pro

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:55 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I love the Macbook but find the glare to be really harsh on my eyes.

    I'm looking for a screen filter/protector of sorts that has anti-reflective/anti-glare properties. Anyone has any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/boowhee123
    [link] [comments]

    m1 Mac bad battery life?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:30 AM PST

    m1 Mac bad battery life?

    Hello, I wanted to share my concerns with you. After a month of using my m1 Air, the battery suddently started to deplete much more. In sleep, the battery loses some percentage and when in use, the battery depletes much more than before. Quite interestingly, my iPhone 11 did the same thing when battery life got much worse, but after a week or so, everything came back to normal.

    I just wanted to ask, did anyone have the same experience?

    On the picture, you can see my battery graph overnight.

    Thanks for help

    https://preview.redd.it/2om3hhdrpll61.png?width=546&format=png&auto=webp&s=dec86c506ea14a525ec5e6ebf1656d1ae8b03022

    submitted by /u/Natural-Wasabi-3336
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel