• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 7, 2021

    Apple iOS How to prevent safari sites from running in the background?

    Apple iOS How to prevent safari sites from running in the background?


    How to prevent safari sites from running in the background?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:31 AM PST

    What’s the little spinny thing next to the wifi? I thought it would go away but it’s been days.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:18 PM PST

    G Calendar ios 14.4 widget problem. Any solution?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:43 AM PST

    Don't you wish there were an option to turn Deep Fusion off?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:31 AM PST

    To start, I don't hate deep fusion. It is great and magical because in some lighting situations I am able to pull off sharper photographs than with my Android phone that has a far higher res camera hardware. But sometimes it outputs really weird and artificial photograph and it looks oversharpened. This bothers me especially in portraits where I prefer a slightly natural look. I know I could do something about it in post processing but having an option on the iPhone would be nice to have, right?

    submitted by /u/__aakarsh
    [link] [comments]

    Strange YouTube notification. What is that?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:54 PM PST

    Iphone 8 doesn’t sound the same after ios 14 update

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:03 AM PST

    I am using iphone 8 plus. Usually i always leave earphone safety setting on while using my headphones. As you know, apple changed the place of settings for earphone safety with ios 14. Apparently now you have to adjust the settings from sound and haptics section. Anyways, one day i was outside and decided to close sound safety setting for my headphone because it was very loud outside. When i look at the option button i saw safety is already close. But it is very obvious that my headphones sound way, way less loud. I checked the internet if there was another setting i should be checking but couldn't find anything. Is there anyone else who has the same problem ? Or am i just missing out something ?

    Edit : Typo

    submitted by /u/Mediterranean0
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone says Service while I’m on 89% health. How is that possible?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:51 AM PST

    I have enabled Health data sync with iCloud but I still have half a gig of data on my phone. Is there way to force backup this data to iCloud?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 03:52 AM PST

    WiFi Disconnection Issue On Networks With Auto-Join Toggled Off

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 01:40 AM PST

    Device: iPhone 12 pro Max

    Caution: Long Post

    I have searched quite a lot about auto disconnection issues of WiFi for iPhone and some suggest Resetting Network Settings (Done) and to disable Networking and Wireless under Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services (not in favour of doing this).

    My exact issue is that I have 3 WiFi SSIDs (One is 5GHz band SSID, one is 2.4 GHz SSID and the last one is also a 2.4GHz SSID that belongs to my WiFi extender).

    Since I use 5GHz band always for better speeds, I have enabled Auto-Join for it under WiFi settings for my iPhone so that it always connects to this network first, as the other 2 are also within the range of my room. Now I know 5GHz range is shorter than 2.4GHz and hence having 2.4GHz SSID enabled from the same router and also using a WiFi extender that used 2.4GHz band, therefore when I'm in a room with no 5GHz coverage, I manually select one of the two 2.4GHz networks because they have coverage.

    Now here comes the issue, since I have Auto-Join toggled off for both of the 2.4GHz networks since I only connect to them manually when I want, the WiFi disconnects as soon as the iPhone locks/goes into sleep mode and as a result, have to wake it up and reconnect manually. This issue doesn't exist if the Auto-Join is enabled for the network.

    My question is, how can I circumvent this issue? Because both of these 2.4GHz networks overlap with my 5GHz network as well and as a result almost most of the time I will see that the iPhone is connected to a 2.4GHz network as opposed to the faster 5GHz network. It makes me wonder as to why would the WiFi disconnect automatically when the networks are saved and trusted networks just because the Auto-Join option is toggled off for them.

    Anyone who has an idea or a similar case?

    submitted by /u/OneTrueKingSlayer
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon app is used for almost 20 hours everyday? Is this in iOS issue or Amazon app issue?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:17 AM PST

    Why does the software update on my phone keep ‘downloading’ every few days?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:06 AM PST

    I don't want to update this specific phone. It keeps downloading the 14.4 update which tanks my battery life dramatically, and it's annoying. Like, it downloaded a while ago and I had the option to install it. I chose not to, but every few days I find that it downloads the same update again and again.

    I don't get it. Shouldn't it just stay there until I choose to install? Why the fuck does it keep repeatedly downloading the same shit every few days? It's really annoying, and I know exactly when it happens because my battery life turns to shit.

    submitted by /u/Bubushan
    [link] [comments]

    Battery 11 pro

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:16 AM PST

    Hello everyone I recently bought an used iPhone 11 pro. I've been using it for a week and a half now and everything seems fine except the battery usage. The phone shows 99% battery health but comparing it to my friends new 11 pro with 100% battery health there is a big difference. I did 4 hours and a half screen time and 50% of my charge was gone. My friend did 4 hours and 50 minutes but he still has 85% charge left. Why is there such a big difference between the two phones even tho he only got 1% battery health more? We both used most of the time on social media and some videogames. What can be the problem with my phone? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/TeariestCactus
    [link] [comments]

    Where did the three dots go (used to create stations and stuff)??

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:02 AM PST

    Software update issue

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:48 AM PST

    Hello everybody! I recently had forgotten my Apple ID password and my phone got activation locked, so I took it to a service. everything seemed fine after I got it but then I went into my settings app to see if I had any software updates, the software update button is missing, Siri isn't working she just says "something went wrong" face time and iMessage are also not working. Any solutions?

    submitted by /u/Quadzel
    [link] [comments]

    How to sync selected songs/albums over iCloud music library?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:46 AM PST

    Before having an apple music subscription, I could select which albums from my computer I wanted on my phone, but now I can't do that and can only sync over iCloud, which means I have to sync my entire library. Is there any way to manually select albums/artists again?

    submitted by /u/BlingaKinga
    [link] [comments]

    Safari taking almost 8gb of storage. Normal? and any fixes?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 03:49 AM PST

    Alarm screwy after iOS update. Help.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 03:25 AM PST

    Ever since I updated to the latest iOS, my iPhone 7's alarms become erratic. I thought it was the sleep analysis bedtime alarm part that was bugging so I turned it off completely( it used to be my favorite feature before the update)

    But now the alarm just rings whenever the duck it wants to. All the alarms are in off mode when I go and check. Also, I've been waking up at odd times so haven't even set an alarm the past few weeks yet at certain times of the day(I haven't noted) the alarm just goes off(no reason, no actual set alarm when checked)

    How do I fix this? Updated from iOS 11.something (out of box OS) in IPhone 7 to the latest one three weeks ago.

    submitted by /u/JehovasFinesse
    [link] [comments]

    Having two passcodes on the same device

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 03:03 AM PST

    Having two different passcodes on the same device

    First of all, I'd like to state that I am aware that this is not how the iPhone security works, but it would be nice to solve this little problem, especially because I think I am not alone.

    My problem is, that I love using Apple Pay, it is very easy to pay just by double pressing home. However, if Touch ID doesn't work for any reason, a passcode is also accepted for the cards.

    Now the problem is, that I am not the only one, who knows my passcode, and the reason is simple: it just happens that other people are using my phone: my girlfriend, my roommate, or any friend who is putting music at a house party, using the maps while I'm driving or looks up sthg on the Internet for me. For the sake of simplicity, I give them my passcode: I want them to have access to 99% of my phone.

    Although I trust them, I still feel a bit uncomfortable having them known a 4 digit code with which they can use my credit cards and buy anything online.

    It would be great in my opinion to have a secure passcode for all safety stuff: cards, passwords, secret notes, settings, etc. and another one only for unlocking the screen.

    Do you happen to know a solution for that? If not, do you guys share my problem?

    submitted by /u/akosweak
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone user - so confused

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 02:32 AM PST

    Just came to iPhone from Android but I'm really struggling. Hopefully some experts can help with the following:

    • On Android, I can use the web bull stock widget iand size it to full screen, which easily allows me to see 12 stocks with out opening the app. I can then scroll within that widget to see additional stocks. On the iPhone, the widget is only letting me see six stocks, and it's not letting me scroll down to see more. The only way to see all my stocks is to click into the stocks app, which defeats the purpose of a widget. How do I make it show all stocks, or some stocks then more by scrolling on the widget?

    • I'm using SwiftKey on the iPhone just like I did on Android. One of the biggest time saving features was swiping left to delete a word. I can't find that function in the ios app. In fact, I can't find it in any ios keyboard app. Am I just missing it?

    • How do I put more apps on the homescreen like in Android? My current iphone layout is 4 x 6, but on Android I can resize the homescreen as I see fit and put 35+ individual apps on the homescreen. The launchers make this pretty simple.

    • How do I make a specific home screen the main one? And then what button do I press so it goes directly to it? This is a great function in Android that prevents having to swipe through every homescreen to get to the main one. Can't find it in the iPhone.

    • I've looked everywhere for this, but I can't figure out how to do split screens in iOS, which I used regularly with Android.

    Apologies for the newbness of these questions, I'm sure Apple has solutions for these that I'm just missing.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Beachybumm
    [link] [comments]

    How do I delete the devices I don’t need? Pls help

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:08 PM PST

    Screen record Snapchat story...does it notify the person?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:02 AM PST

    If you use the iOS screen recorder to record a person's Snapchat story, does it notify them like it does if you take a screenshot of the chat or story? I read that when this tool first came out, it did not notify the person, but that was a year or two ago and I do not know if that has changed, and am unwilling to test it out until I know for certain.

    submitted by /u/bluejedi24
    [link] [comments]

    need keyboard suggestion for iphone

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:30 AM PST

    keyboard with long press to access the symbols and numbers quickly

    i used to have gboard in my android having this feature but missing in ios

    submitted by /u/p__3
    [link] [comments]

    ok WHAT is happening to my pop up notifications and how do i fix it?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:00 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel