• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 7, 2021

    Apple Help Replacing touch id on iPad Air 4th gen. The fingerprint reader is broken. Maybe from dropping my bag. The glass is broken. Apparently it’s fragile asf. What price am I looking at for replacing?

    Apple Help Replacing touch id on iPad Air 4th gen. The fingerprint reader is broken. Maybe from dropping my bag. The glass is broken. Apparently it’s fragile asf. What price am I looking at for replacing?


    Replacing touch id on iPad Air 4th gen. The fingerprint reader is broken. Maybe from dropping my bag. The glass is broken. Apparently it’s fragile asf. What price am I looking at for replacing?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 01:20 PM PST

    Did Apple sell me a used computer? Why can't I create an Apple ID?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:18 PM PST

    " This mac has been used to create too many new AppleIDs. Contact Apple Support to request another Apple ID to use with this Mac"

    During setup it gave me this message, but this is my first apple product EVER. It would not allow me to set it up. Did they sell me a user computer?

    submitted by /u/White_Mlungu_Capital
    [link] [comments]

    If the SSD of a recent MB(P) dies or malfunctions, do you need to replace the whole board?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:53 PM PST

    They say that the SSD is soldered on, and due to software locking (so-called 'security'), third-party cannot replace the SSD. Can Apple replace just the SSD (in that case, how much does it cost?) or do Apple tell you to replace the whole board or the bottom assembly (must be as expensive as buying a new MB(P))?

    submitted by /u/evolution2015
    [link] [comments]

    Very confused about iCloud when it comes to photos. Will my imported photos be wiped?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:26 PM PST

    I have manually imported my photos to my Mac since I first had a Mac years ago. Everyone has told me to enable iCloud photo sharing but I'm so confused by the whole thing. If I have already imported 30,000+ photos to my computer and now I am uploaded my photos to iCloud, where do my imported photos go? Is there a possibility all of them would be deleted on my Mac? I enabled the photos to go to iCloud through my phone but I don't want my imported photos to be wiped if I'm doing that. Please kindly help! Thank you in advance. :)

    submitted by /u/asadlittlebeansprout
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring photos?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:08 PM PST

    I'm having some trouble transferring my photos from a computer (non Apple product) to my new iPhone. Not sure how to go about it. I've got about 1.1k photos/videos I'd like to put back on this new phone of mine.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/MrReaux
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple displays available on a headless Mac Mini, connected to using Remote Desktop

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:38 PM PST

    I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to set up the remote connection to a Mac (in this case a Mac Mini) so that it shows two desktops (displays) without having two displays actually plugged in to the Mac mini.

    Just to make myself clear...

    When you connect to a Mac using Remote Desktop. If the Mac has two display connected it shows as two desktops in Remote Desktop. If it has one or no displays it shows one desktop/display.
    I have a headless Mac Mini (no display connected) that I use for a server of things. When connecting to the Mac Mini via Remote Desktop, it shows one desktop/display for use.
    What I am asking is… Can I add another virtual display so that the Remote Desktop connection connects like the Mac mini has two displays (or more) connected.

    submitted by /u/d0gg75
    [link] [comments]

    Can the iPod Touch 5th gen download apps with its latest iOS?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:03 PM PST

    I'm looking to use an old ipod touch for work to play music on spotify or pandora. I used to have an old iPod Touch 4th gen and it stopped being able to download apps because they would all require a newer iOS version (7 I think?). Is the same case for the 5th gen?

    I'm looking for an older, cheap iPod Touch because I'd like to leave it in a locker and not worry about it getting stolen. Plus I don't want to spend a lot on it. An old iPhone might work as well

    submitted by /u/svangen1_
    [link] [comments]

    my notes password

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:37 PM PST

    i recently switched phones (xr to an 11) and i cannot open my locked notes since i have switched. i cant reset the password, it doesnt change the password on the locked notes. i have very important things on the notes i cant unlock and i am willing to try almost anything so i can unlock these notes. ive checked everywhere and it looks like there is no way to do this, but i feel like there is a way and this is one of the places i have left that might be able to help me (btw yes, i do have a hint, but ive tried many combinations that could match up with the hint and none of them have worked). if you know how to help, please lmk, i really need to unlock these notes.

    submitted by /u/Reilly1504
    [link] [comments]

    Should I change the Iphone battery not with original product, but with china made ones?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:33 PM PST

    My battery health is at 70% now and I have been using this phone for 4 years now . So it is obvious battery had to be replaced . I asked around and I found out that the Official Apple shops offer a new replacement for 80$ and some freelance technicians offer 20$ to be replaced with batteries made in china with 6 months warranty .At this point I am at a dilemma . Replacing chinese batteries for multiple times until you get a functioning battery or just spend 80 dollars downright . I know if i spend 80$ it will be better again . but I still don't know the pros and cons of replacing a chinese battery. Has anyone ever done that before? any explanation is appreciated .

    submitted by /u/neolee203
    [link] [comments]

    Create an @icloud.com email address

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:19 PM PST

    I setup my Mac using my @gmail.com address as my AppleID. I also want to have an @icloud.com email address because I want the ability to create aliases for online shopping.

    These directions are telling me to turn on iCloud in settings but if I do that, am I just syncing my email to iCloud?

    This YouTube instructional creates a new @icloud.com address by creating a new AppleID. But I don't want a new AppleID; I want to create an @iclould.com email associated with my current AppleID.

    How do I create an @iclould.com email address for my existing AppleID?

    submitted by /u/IamWarmduscher
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage search glitch?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:32 PM PST

    Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this problem:

    When I search up key words in the Messages search bar, it works perfectly fine and I am able to click on any message and it takes me specifically to that conversation where that key word is. However, I seem to have a glitch with one contact; every time I try to do a keyword search to try and open up an old message, it only goes as far as showing me a preview of the old message with the key words, BUT when I click it, it opens up to our most recent message.

    I'm wondering if anybody else has had this issue before? I just find it strange that it only happens with this one contact... please let me know if you have any insight, or if I need to clarify anything. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/lunafranksmum
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to fix this or am I going to have to get a new ipad

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:00 PM PST

    Macbook Pro (2010) High Sierra will not detect iPhone 12 Pro Max on iTunes 12.8.2.3 Workaround

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:23 PM PST

    My Macbook Pro (2010) High Sierra will not detect my iPhone 12 Pro Max on iTunes 12.8.2.3.

    iTunes does not detect my iPhone and sometimes when it does, it asks me to "Trust" my Macbook device but the pop-up that prompts you to trust it doesn't appear sometimes. Even if you do manage to get it to prompt the trust device pop-up, the iPhone disconnects from iTunes almost immediately. I tried the following things to try and find a solution:

    • Used different lightning cables to connect my iPhone 12 Pro Max.
    • I tried connecting different iPhone 12 Pro Maxs to my Macbook (Connecting an iPhone X worked fine)
    • Restarting both Macbook and iPhone.
    • Putting my Macbook Pro in SafeMode and connecting my iPhone 12 Pro Max.
    • Going to Finder > Go > Go to Folder... > /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources then opening "MobileDeviceUpdated" (This seemed to display my iPhone on iTunes for several seconds the first time before it disconnected but then didn't seem to display it anytime after that).
    • I contacted Apple through the online chat and after informing them of my issues they asked me to d some of the steps mentioned above but at the end they concluded that the iPhone 12 Pro Max is not compatible for with iTunes 12.8.2.3 which seems to be the highest version possible on High Sierra which is the latest possible version you can obtain on a 2010 Macbook Pro... So basically they told me I could go into an Apple Store to connect my iPhone to backup, restore, and transfer data (Which is not ideal!) or I could buy a newer Laptop/PC (Which I should probably do but it's not ideal at the moment for me).

    So if items above did not work for you either, the only workaround that I was able to find that worked for me which is not the best but it's the only one I found that worked and it's cheaper than buying a new laptop is the following:

    1. I kept plugging in my iPhone 12 Pro Max until iTunes prompted me to trust it. I felt like sometimes using an older lighting cable (lighting to USB-A) or different ones helped trust my Macbook Pro to my iPhone 12 Pro Max faster. Sometimes I found that if the phone was locked when plugged in, it would prompt the trust pop-up quicker but I've managed to do it with it also not being locked when plugged in.
    2. After spending several minutes getting the iPhone 12 Pro Max to trust my Macbook the next step is to download an app to you Macbook Pro called "iMazing" this app also has a trial so you can test it if it works for you, the trial has limitations like it only allows you to transfer 30 songs/contacts. It also has more features that iTunes would normally not let you do that you may find on their website or check out reviews on YouTube like this one I found that also where the YouTuber also includes a discount code.
    3. After you download iMazing, it should detect your iPhone 12 Pro Max once you connect it to you laptop via your cable since the iPhone 12 Pro Max trust your Macbook Pro. Sometimes you will need to close iTunes so it doesn't interrupt any Syncing done through iMazing.

    Please note: If click forget this device on iMazing or iTunes (if your phone manages to display that long) it will no longer connect to iMazing until it trust the devices again so you would need to repeat step #1 again. Same will happen if you reset specific settings on iMazing or if you go to Go to Settings > General > Reset > and then select "Reset Location & Privacy" so I would just be careful when reseting settings to avoid the painful step #1.

    Hopefully this workaround works for you too if none of the bulleted options worked for you. If you know any other workarounds or solutions feel free to post them!

    submitted by /u/Mage1987
    [link] [comments]

    Purgeable storage: is this what it normally does?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:20 PM PST

    So as I understand it this is supposed to be for iCloud files, storing them locally. It's consuming all the drive space created when I delete files though, over a fourth of the hard drive right now. That's around 200 times the size of all the files in my iCloud. Also, the Mac doesn't free it up when it's needed. After hours of trying to figure out how to free up this space again, the Mac finally released some of this space so that it was actually free. I could use my Mac again, but there's still a lot of drive space being used up by this PS.

    It sounds like this is pretty common. I'm not sure if it's the way this normally works though. Some of the comments I came across when googling this say that the way they implemented this causes a lot of confusion. I'm just not clear on some things yet. Mainly, is this a problem with my Mac, or is this just how this so called optimization feature works, taking up about a fourth of my hard drive currently? (also, if anyone has a way to just shut this down completely and clear the PS, I'd appreciate that a lot. Turning off optimization and all iCloud backups didn't do it).

    submitted by /u/imagine-a-boot
    [link] [comments]

    Items in bin that can't be deleted, but can't be put back

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:20 PM PST

    Hi There!

    I accidently put a couple of system type files in the bin with a cleaning app.

    It won't let me delete them (and I'm sure I shouldn't)

    But it won't let me put them back either ("The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items.").

    So I obviously shouldn't have been able to bin them in the first place.

    Any idea how I can get these out of the bin? Now every time I want to delete something I have to press skip a billion times......

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Stemmer2000
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone calendar issue

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:16 PM PST

    Hey everyone! I'm having this problem with my iPhone where even though my calendar is set to Gregorian on settings, all my shortcuts and apps show the date in the Islamic calendar. Anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/filerday
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone moving app/data/passwords, settings in apps/icon layout

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:27 PM PST

    Hi, is it possible to move data/app/password/settings and password in app to new phone automatically? Icons layout

    Currently with android, I need to manually do it for the 300+ apps that I have......

    I hate to do that every time I get a new Android phone.......

    If iPhone can do that, I'll get a iPhone right away

    submitted by /u/ballontree
    [link] [comments]

    Why??? I turned off photos, but it still shows up in storage.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:05 PM PST

    Can I enable automatic downloading of a newly synced file in my files/iCloud Drive app on my iPhone?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:07 PM PST

    Hey everyone,

    I am trying to mimic what i could do in dropbox where the one database file can be accessed from anywhere and be updated from. When say I update the db from my iCloud Drive on my laptop, on my phone it will sync, but has to be manually downloaded after that. I wish it could sync completely by itself included updating it self so its current. Currently with an app I am using it senses the file is their when it hasnt been downloaded after an update from another device using my drive. I have looked through all of the settings panes I could mobile and desktop and I found nothing useful sadly.

    Any ways to make this problem go away? Enable automatic downloading at least from my phone?

    submitted by /u/vanillaicewherever
    [link] [comments]

    Removed apps from home screen

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 03:44 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this the right place to post but I removed my photos app from my home screen and I'm not sure how to put it back on my Home Screen any help please ?

    submitted by /u/gtbr998
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on Login Screen (Progress Bar)

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:41 PM PST

    Hey guys. Today I replaced the battery on a friend's Early 2013 Macbook Pro and upon logging in I encountered a weird problem. The progress bar stops at around 85-90% and then the screen appears to freeze. I also see a weird black and white line at the top (shown in photo).

    Processing img 9fy56kkprql61...

    I've tried:

    • Booting into safe mode
    • Using recovery tool to "repair" drive
    • Clearing CMS and NVRAM

    With no luck. I've spent about 8 hours on this today and it's just driving me insane. Any help is greatly appreciated. I cannot restore the OS since this is not my computer.

    submitted by /u/azpinstripes
    [link] [comments]

    Volume problem I think

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:35 PM PST

    Whenever I'm on someone's Snapchat story or Instagram story it's always muted even if the volume isn't muted and it only unmutes when I change the volume level, is this normal or what

    submitted by /u/Skullz_7
    [link] [comments]

    Fresh install of El Capitan-“No packages were eligible...”

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:01 PM PST

    So I am running El Capitan on my old MacBookPro Mid 2009 from an external firewire drive.

    I bought a new SSD for a freah install. I have the SSD in an external HD caddy.

    I downloaded "Install El Capitan" from the app store and ran it, chose the new SSD, everything looks ok till the restart, then I get this message:

    "No packages were eligible for install"

    I am not sure why, any ideas?

    https://i.imgur.com/eXrb6Ny.jpg

    submitted by /u/Runningoutofideas_81
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what is going on? Old macbook has power but not turning on

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:59 PM PST

    Is there any app or game worth or having in app purchases of 24 cents?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:57 PM PST

    Wanted to change my region but these 24 cents be blocking that

    submitted by /u/as904465
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel