• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    iPhone iPhone XS Camera and Flashlight Troubles

    iPhone iPhone XS Camera and Flashlight Troubles


    iPhone XS Camera and Flashlight Troubles

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:27 PM PST

    G'day. I have an iPhone XS. About two weeks ago, my rear camera (1x zoom only) and flashlight stopped working. I don't know how these stopped working, they just stopped working seemingly out of nowhere. I find it weird because the 2x camera works, as well as the front facing camera (but I don't think that camera is related to the rest). Would anyone have any advice or recommendations as to how I might be able to fix the one camera and flashlight? I might have to resort to paying for a repair, but I would obviously prefer a free fix. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's hardware related (but still could be a software issue). Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/CaptainAlphaMan
    [link] [comments]

    control center acting up

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:24 PM PST

    I have an iPhone XR, I wasn't playing any music but when I swiped down to the control center, the music playback said "recorded" with a few random numbers for a split second before changing back to "not playing". I did not have my screen recording on at all and have no idea why it would say "recorded" and then immediately change back to normal. There wasn't an orange dot which indicates that your microphone is on either. Any ideas why this happened

    submitted by /u/the100candy
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 12 cellular setting freeze.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:03 PM PST

    When I go into cellular option in setting, i'm unable to interact with anything in that page. I can't even go back to the main setting page. I can still go back to the home screen and I can turn my 4g on and off via the top right option. Anyone having the same issue?

    submitted by /u/nin10dohz
    [link] [comments]

    my iphone is in a weird loop

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:32 PM PST

    hi, i have an iphone 7 and a few hours ago, my home button stopped working completely: the fingerprint, the click, everything. i searched it up and found that i could restart it to see if anything changed, so i tried it. now, my phone is in a constant loop between the apple logo, a dark-on screen, and the turned off black screen. i plugged it into my computer and managed to reach the restore screen, i did what apple told me to, but it only went back to that weird loop again. i would really appreciate it if someone could help me, otherwise ill just have to take it to an apple store, thank youu

    submitted by /u/misslp894
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone 4S] Locked Out - Any Options?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:39 AM PST

    found my old iPhone 4s recently, but could not for the life of me remember the passcode and locked myself out. After looking it up, it seems it's possible to access the data on a 4, but not a 4S that I could find.

    Any hope of me ever accessing my old data? Or should I just forget sitting on it/recovering it and just reset it to mess around with?

    I know many here are more knowledgable than myself, just curious!

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/enemawatson
    [link] [comments]

    Live Photo video and pictures are separate

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:18 PM PST

    My live photos are now showing as separate videos and photos. Anyway I can join them back together?

    submitted by /u/qblk
    [link] [comments]

    Typing lag

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:22 PM PST

    My friend has been texting me complete nonsense lately. She says that her phone is lagging immensely. She can't restart the phone and it's very hard to type. A few days ago she said that she accidentally dropped her phone in bleach but the problem is only happening now. Is this a permanent issue or something that she can get rid of? Any thoughts or help would be very useful.

    submitted by /u/catfriend763
    [link] [comments]

    How do I transfer an MP4 to my iPhone 12?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    My passcode expired?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:49 PM PST

    I've been using the same 10 digit passcode for 4 or 5 years, today there was a pop up saying my passcode expired. I changed it, checked for viruses, then updated to iOS 14.3. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

    submitted by /u/jsrath
    [link] [comments]

    HELP?? IPhone 11 pro suddenly shot down and went into swipe up for upgrade

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:45 PM PST

    So my screen suddenly went black with the loading sign and then there was just the screen which sais: "swipe up for upgrade", but I didn´t even want to upgrade.

    Then it asks for my code which I then put in but then theres again just a white screen which sais that it cant recover my data. With this screen I cant do anything so I tried to reset it, which worked but then again the same happens again.

    Anyone had the same problem? Or can help me?

    submitted by /u/AcademicSwordfish387
    [link] [comments]

    I am trying to connect my iphone 12 pro max to air mouse . Can it be done? I tried but it doesn’t show in the Bluetooth list. I disconnected fro my macbook. Thanks

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:23 PM PST

    Help refunding a pending purchase (in-app purchase)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:49 PM PST

    My little brother went up to my mom and asked her to buy some in-app thing (it was password restricted but she entered it anyway thinking it was free, turns out it wasn't, but lesson learned now)

    I checked, and the purchase is still pending. I looked it up online, and the solution I found was this:

    Open App Store > tap profile image > tap Apple ID > tap manage purchases > tap cancel next to the pending purchase

    However, the "manage purchases" option is now where to be found (might be a change with IOS 14).

    Is my only choice now to report it directly to Apple (through reportaproblem.apple.com)?

    submitted by /u/DoctorConcocter
    [link] [comments]

    XR battery defect?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:38 AM PST

    Is there some known issue with XR batteries? My wife just got one only a year ago and it is not charging. Qi doesn't work at all and lightning rarely works and is very slow when it does.

    submitted by /u/Relic827
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement iPhone 12 still has oled issues

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:18 PM PST

    iPhone 12 and the oled screen green/flickering/the blacks are LCD Blacks

    So as the title says my replacement iPhone 12 came with the flickering issue/blacks aren't true oled blacks until I raise the brightness above 50% then they flicker between deep blacks and LCD grey blacks.

    My first iPhone 12 came with a greenish tint on the sides of the screen but the blacks were always true blacks. My family members also bought a total of 3 other iPhones and they're all suffering from the greenish tint issue but with no flickering or true black issues.

    So am I supposed to replace the replacement iPhone or wait until apple fixes this issue permanently through software or newer non faulty hardware ?

    I can attach images if needed

    submitted by /u/oWolver1ne
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to temporarily override the “this accessory may not be supported” thing on iphone?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:48 AM PST

    I'm on a long road trip with a lot of annoying children (church trip) and I have regular apple headphones, except I have headphones with a headphone jack, and a dongle thing that's not apple approved or whatever. I have an iPhone x and I only need to make it work for a little while. currently it only works for a few minutes at a time and in only one ear. any solution helps! xx

    submitted by /u/Ekbekah
    [link] [comments]

    Captions not appearing when watching a video on Google Drive

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 01:38 PM PST

    Hi, everyone.

    I just upload a series on my Drive to watch it through my iPhone XS. Subtitles are correct, can watch the video with them on my computer, but can watch with my XS. Does anyone know how to fix this or is it a iOS problem?

    submitted by /u/mtkdragon
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering old notes

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 01:05 PM PST

    Hi. I was trying to unlock my notes with my faceID it did not register and is requiring me to enter my password. Unfortunately I have forgotten it and cannot access it. If anyone has some tips or a way to bypass it I'd greatly appreciate it. I've already tried resetting the password and creating new notes to unlock old ones.

    submitted by /u/urumiharu
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcuts and GoogleAssistant

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:43 PM PST

    Hey all, is it possible to use shortcuts to open Google Assistant similar to Siri?

    I have not been on the iPhone since V1 and have long favored the customizability of Android. That being said, I like the longevity of iPhones.

    I'm wanting to set a functionality where I open Google Assistant when I enable Siri, either by using the toggle or the "hey Siri" command.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/BullKitty
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Constantly Shutting Down, Boot loops and camera not working

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:22 PM PST

    So my iPhone 7 recently had the camera stop working randomly and after turning the phone off and on a couple of times it fixed itself. It also overheats a lot when not using the phone. But tonight it started shutting off randomly and going into boot loops for lengthy bits of time. This would happen while using it and even trying to wake the phone sometimes. I tried resetting all settings, factory resets and a DFU reset at one point because of a boot loop that went on for an hour but nothing has helped the problem. Is it better just getting a new phone or taking this one to get repaired

    submitted by /u/Tigwanii
    [link] [comments]

    chrome showing 2/3 width web pages? screenshot link included

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:15 PM PST

    i feel like i'm doing this by accident and there's a setting i could turn off? never had this on my iphone 7 and 8. on the new 12 mini now

    https://imgur.com/a/cziuCPT

    submitted by /u/aPackofWildHumans
    [link] [comments]

    How to unlock a carrier locked iPhone 7 plus?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:05 PM PST

    Hello, I have an IPhone 7 plus that is locked to a carrier and I'd like to know what is the best and safe way to unlock it? I don't have any information about the original carrier that it is locked to, so contacting the carrier network won't work. I'd appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

    Additional info: iPhone running the latest software update IOS 14.3

    submitted by /u/SpiderBear11
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t receive texts from just a couple of people

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:42 AM PST

    I have an iPhone XR running 14.3 and using Red Pocket mobile. Everything seems to work fine except that I do not receive texts from my Wife or my Mother. I can send texts to them and they receive them. I can call them or they can call me and that works fine. When they try to send me a text it looks like it goes through on their end but I never receive it. I am able to receive texts just fine from other people. As a test, I put my SIM card in an old Android phone and then I was able to receive texts from my wife and mother. I put the card back in the iPhone and it still wouldn't work. The phone has been restarted numerous times. The SIM has been in and out numerous times. I have checked and no contacts are blocked. I have toggled iMessage on and off. I tried deleting the message thread and the contact for my Mom and resending but that didn't help. I am receiving texts fine from my brother, my son, my daughter, some work contacts, and others. I'm losing my mind. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Alert-Chemist4373
    [link] [comments]

    Certain words autocorrect wrong and I cannot figure out how to change it, I’ve gone into the keyboard/text replacement settings, doesn’t fix.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:39 AM PST

    I am becoming increasingly annoyed at this. My phone now does this with 2 words: when I try to type "lmao" , it changes to "Lmaoo" for no reason?? Really annoying when I type it in the middle of a sentence and it capitalizes it.

    The new one that just started a week ago: when I type "don't", it autocorrects to "DONT" In all caps. Super frustrating and idk how to fix!

    I've gone into the text replacement settings and tried to counteract these but nothing works.

    submitted by /u/firfkdjfss99
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to charge your phone

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:33 AM PST

    After having a IPhone 6s for almost 5 years I recently changed to the new IPhone 12. Due to heavy use on the 6s I had to replace the original battery after two years and the second one is also in bad health again. That's why I wanted to prevent this from happening again and use my new phone in a way, the battery lasts as long as possible (lifetime wise). I understand that it's best to keep your battery at around 50%, best never below 20% and never above 80%. Also avoid temperatures over 35° Celsius, especially during charging with a wireless charger. So, is it better to charge the phone a couple of times a day, for a short period of time, to stay at around 50% (during lockdown very possible), but adding more charging cycles to the battery. Or is it better to go down to 20% and charge back up to 80%. That reduces charging cycles but the battery is longer outside of its best SoC (State of charge). As one battery charge on the 12 lasts me for roughly two days, I don't need it to be full when leaving the house.

    Searching for solutions you find advise for both sides. Some say charging cycles do more damage, others say being away from 50% does more... Is there maybe anyone who has some knowledge about the best way to treat those lithium batteries ?

    submitted by /u/Interesting_Sugar351
    [link] [comments]

    iphone battery issues

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:32 AM PST

    hey there, its currently 2.33am and im facing issuez with my iphone. this is my first post in this community, hope im doing it right.

    my iPhone has been restarting on its own for the past two hours. i had similar issues in the past, contacted apple support, and was told that it was a hardware issue, and technically it was much of a help.

    i got my battery replaced 3 months ago, the battery health is at 100%. my device is an iphone 7 plus. my device is also updated to the latest ios software.

    here are some issues i encountered

    (1) im able to use my device for hours, but sometimes after using it for a few minutes it turns off by itself

    (2) battery percentage not displayed accurately. when i turn the device back on, the battery percentage displayed is at 29% and when i unlock the device it becomes 17%. restarted the device and it becomes 47%.

    (3) battery health is not showing after the device restarts on its own. you can view the images of display here

    (4) battery percentage displayed as 88%, when plugged into the charger, it is displayed at 84% charging

    i have tried force restarting my device, as well as removing my sim card as i heard that could be a reason why my device keeps restarting on its own.

    do let me know if you've faced these problems with your device, or if possible, tell me what went wrong and if there are possible ways to fix it other than physically going down to an apple store

    submitted by /u/cherylljx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel