• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    iPhone Iphone 11 imei locked in uk, will sim work in Italy?

    iPhone Iphone 11 imei locked in uk, will sim work in Italy?


    Iphone 11 imei locked in uk, will sim work in Italy?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:40 AM PST

    A guy is selling an imei locked iphone 11 in uk (physical sim doesn't work, eSim works). If I buy it will it work in Italy? (I live in Italy) Thanks

    submitted by /u/cornuts16
    [link] [comments]

    Does 5G do much on the Verizon iPhone 12? Should I keep it on? Wasn’t sure if it’d drain battery

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:57 PM PST

    Does 5G do much on the Verizon iPhone 12? Should I keep it on? Wasn't sure if it'd drain battery

    submitted by /u/gimmesomewhiskey
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from Samsung, trying to figure out which keyboard to use.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:00 PM PST

    I'm a long time Note user that recently made the leap to a 12 Pro Max. It's...not going well.

    My job requires me to write long emails that use full sentences and correct grammar. Gboard on Samsung has long-press shortcuts to commas, semicolons, etc that make it very easy to type those things quickly. The last time I attempted to switch to iOS, this is the issue that sent me back, so I thought I'd try again now that Apple supports 3rd party keyboards.

    Alas, Gboard for iPhone doesn't seem to have this feature, which is immensely frustrating. The idea that I'd have to click to another keyboard screen, select, then go back, just to add a comma (which is far more commonly used than some letters) is a UI dealbreaker for me. I hope I'm missing something so that I can keep this thing.

    Any recommendations on what I can do to make the keyboard more user friendly? I'm open to jailbreaking it if I have to.

    submitted by /u/pastafariantimatter
    [link] [comments]

    Ipohne 6S bottom half of the screen isn't responsive

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Hey! A while ago I dropped my Iphone 6S and since then the bottom half of the screen hasn't been responsive. So far online the main solutions I've found were to factory reset the phone, reset it using the home and power buttons and open up the back and check the logic board and the display cables. The problem I currently have is that I've tried resetting and so far nothing changed so I'm guessing I either need to factory reset or open up the back, but since I've never done anything involving the inside of the phone before I'm afraid of breaking it or losing data, but I can't back anything up without entering my password so it allows my laptop to connect to the phone. Is there anything I can do from here?

    submitted by /u/Sad_Ad
    [link] [comments]

    Pulling info from a (seemingly) dead XS

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:18 PM PST

    Hey all, I've had an XS for maybe a year and a half now. No problems or anything until last week. I was checking the battery health under settings when an alert popped up saying the phone could not verify it had an authentic apple battery. At this point in time it was still the original battery. After this, the device would restart at random times. Sometimes 3, 4, 5 times in a row even. It would happen on Facebook, while on the phone, on Spotify, etc.. Flash forward to this morning, and I had the battery replaced at a battery shop. The device did not restart after this, and acknowledged that it was charging, but the percentage would not go up. The battery was never above 4%, and died while plugged in. I have not been able to power on since then. The phone still recognizes that it's plugged in, but does not power on. I went back to the shop that replaced the battery, and they tried to put in a new charging port. The tech said it was still pulling in only a few amps with the new port. I have since been to AT&T, and filed an insurance claim. Only problem is, I cannot remember the last time I synced my phone to my computer, and I don't have photos backed up to an iCloud account. I know this is totally a my bad and I should've stayed on top of things, but is there anything I can do to even attempt to recover some of the photos? Sorry for the novel of a post, and thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/beck_l12
    [link] [comments]

    How to get past iPhone X ‘unlock iPhone to use accessories’?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:23 PM PST

    I hope I am posting this in the correct subreddit! I have an iPhone X that won't charge or connect to iTunes to be restored. I saw a video online that suggested reaching out to this subreddit platform to get some guidance as to what I should do. The device's IC is off.

    I am using a Windows PC and want to see if I can get past this pop up in order to properly restore the device. The phone is passcode locked and I don't remember the passcode and it's not in my iCloud

    Thank you all for helping in advance

    submitted by /u/Phoenicia12
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR ambient light sensor shorted out. Any software solutions?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:08 PM PST

    So my XR's light sensor has shorted out causing face ID to not work, brightness to not auto adjust, phone to get hot, and drains battery very fast. Can I get the phone to stop sending power to this sensor without cracking it open?

    submitted by /u/Beginning-Swim1636
    [link] [comments]

    How do you turn Voice Over off when the iPhone 12 is locked?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:45 PM PST

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/csrabbit
    [link] [comments]

    Time traveling from 2016 (iPhone SE) to the present day (12 Mini) - notch question.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:49 AM PST

    I'm finding all kinds of games having buttons and stuff blocked by the notch or cropped by the curved edges of the screen. It is what it is. But is the notch blocking my Instagram stories (the upper navigation bars) a normal thing that I should be okay with?

    I'm kind of regretting not buying the new SE instead. How can apps be so incompatible with the new screen format after so many years? Not super happy about this...

    Unrelated question - can I go to the Apple Store and ask if I can have a SE instead? :x The phone is a day old, in perfect condition...

    submitted by /u/r_m_8_8
    [link] [comments]

    Bookmarks on Home Screen open without webapp?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:17 PM PST

    Hey all,

    Bear with me: Safari bookmarks within Safari opens a site - lets use as an example Instagram, just as a normal web page of the site. If, however, you open it from a bookmark that's been saved to the Home Screen, it opens in a webapp format. That's something that the site dictates, but I would like to know if there's a way to make it open as it normally would? I do like the notion, and for many sites I love the result. Basically you just don't need the app, since it basically is the app.

    If there's a way to achieve this, please do tell.

    Thanks, friends.

    submitted by /u/AndrewZabar
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Volume when running automations

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:24 PM PST

    I put a shortcut on my phone so that whenever it connects or disconnects from power it automatically says "connected" or "disconnected" respectfully. This was originally to let me know when my broken charger randomly disconnects. Lately the automation has been playing at full volume and it's very annoying. My phone is always on vibrate but I tried turning the ringer volume down anyway & it was still loud. I lowered the music volume and also tried looking into the shortcuts app but there was no volume option. Does anyone know what might be the reason this happens and how to fix it? It was playing at a reasonable volume for about 2 months and just started at full volume within the past couple days

    submitted by /u/voli-ii
    [link] [comments]

    How to use MagSafe charger in car?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    So I have a Honda civic and it only has a USB-A port and a cigarette lighter. I would really like to use the MagSafe wireless charger in my car (in fact, this is one of the main reasons why I bought it). Do you guys know of any adapters I can buy that are compatible with MagSafe?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/nscmd
    [link] [comments]

    Changed my Apple ID password twice. Still can’t log in due to “wrong password”.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:54 AM PST

    How do I fix this? I'm getting so pissed.

    submitted by /u/Princelovery
    [link] [comments]

    I forgot my notes password

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:13 AM PST

    I usually open my locked notes by Touch ID but for some reason this time the Touch ID didn't work and it asked me for the password after I failed trying to open it with the Touch ID. I couldn't remember the password and the hint wasn't helping at all. is there a way to open the notes again without the password or is it gone forever?

    submitted by /u/ammarossama
    [link] [comments]

    I found a strange account in my Accounts/Passwords section. Should I be worried?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:55 AM PST

    I deleted the account but I think I visited a website and the site installed the accounts because it gave me random notifications and I started to press anything so I could close the page. Should I be worried or is this is the end of it?

    submitted by /u/DereckZoolander20
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to receive texts from just one contact

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:59 AM PST

    Hi everyone, I have an iPhone 11 Pro, my cousin has a Samsung phone. For months now I have been unable to receive text messages from her. I receive phone calls and picture messages from her, just not texts. I've tried blocking and unblocking her, deleting her and re-adding her to my contacts... I receive texts from other Samsung/android users.... she also has tried the same troubleshooting methods as me. Anybody have any suggestions?! TIA!

    submitted by /u/tbone7371
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 bricked?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:43 AM PST

    Hi! Here's some technical information that I'd like to get out of the way:

    Model: iPhone 7/ A1778

    Country of purchase: Poland this January, bought in brand-new condition from a re-seller at a discounted price.

    Problem: The phone has shut down permanently, charging does not work, impossible to enter recovery mode or DFU mode. The phone itself seems to have no external damage, the screen has no cracks or "spider webs".

    So, now for a bit of context: My sister bought this phone and a few months of usage it started to experience different problems. The first thing that stopped working was the phone's signal. No matter what carrier it was (we tried T-mobile SIM cards and a few others, all working fine in other phones) she would have 0 signal bars on said iPhone and had to use another phone to call/text people. Around 2-3 months ago she stopped using it completely, as it turned off and stopped working altogether. Charging doesn't change the black screen in any way (there is no indication that the phone is even charging). She doesn't know if it occurred after an iOS update, but she doesn't rule it out (she said the problem happened overnight when she woke up the phone was already not functioning).

    We've tried using recovery mode and DFU, but the phone's screen is black all the time and Macbook doesn't even detect the phone after plugging it in.

    She's now saving for a repair, but my question is - what sort of problem could it be, and if it's costly to fix? She's wondering if it's worth repairing or is it better to move on to a newer model? Alternatively, is it possible to fix it at home?

    Thank you for any replies.

    submitted by /u/OpenYourEyes_97
    [link] [comments]

    Help troubleshooting notes

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:08 AM PST

    I changed the password to something and me being me I often work against myself and use a hint that has nothing to do with the actual password. I always used Touch ID on it but my fingers sometimes don't register and it failed multiple times, it then asked me for a password to which I have no clue on what it is. Can anyone tell me if there's any way on making the iPhone forget I failed the fingers and just prompt me the finger again and not the password?

    submitted by /u/KniccKnaccPattywhack
    [link] [comments]

    Used iPhone 6 and iPad Air pricing

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:00 AM PST

    I have a used iPhone 6 with 256gb in perfect condition. Not a scratch, dent, or bump on it. What would be a good price to sell this for. I also have an iPad Air with 32gb in the same condition, how could I price these?

    submitted by /u/TheSovietSausage
    [link] [comments]

    Weird lock screen camera glitch (Iphone SE 2020)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:45 AM PST

    Phone: Iphone SE 2020 running IOS 14.3

    Glitch happened 2-3 times, immediately after taking out of my pocket

    After trying to take a photo ( from the lock screen cam ), phone just switches the display off, and doesn't respond to clicking home or power button

    What bothers me is this does not happen consistently, (so don't think its a bug)

    It seems fine after a few minutes , but would like some help on this

    Edit : Happened a few more times, then back to normal again : (

    submitted by /u/Present_Albatross394
    [link] [comments]

    All sound aka music, phone calls on speakerphone etc ALL playing through ear peace instead of actual speakers! HELP!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:15 AM PST

    I am wondering if there is any simple fix to this? It happened out of the blue about a couple weeks ago! Music, even when I try and talk on speakerphone during a phone call all sound is playing through the ear speaker. I was told possibly to delete some apps and reinstall them on my iPhone 8+ but I'm concerned if you uninstall a game & then reinstall it will all my progress etc be lost? Any help I'd greatly appreciate ✌🏼🙏🏼

    submitted by /u/KelseyKristine
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone remembers old phone’s wifi passwords?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:23 AM PST

    When you transfer your old iPhone data to a new one does it carry over all wifi passwords? If so, does it do this automatically? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Nice-username123
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless charging good or bad?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:53 AM PST

    Just want to see cus If I use it I will use it every day and I notice my 12 Pro Max gets quite hot, is that fine and will it be damaging in the long run?

    submitted by /u/ShankZ9
    [link] [comments]

    why am I still receiving texts from a blocked number in imessage

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:05 AM PST

    iPhone 11 Pro, 14.2 software. I've blocked someone yet I'm still receiving their texts

    submitted by /u/tsemberaddams
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 stuck on boot loop

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:56 AM PST

    iPhone 7 32GB on iOS 14.?, iam not sure the exact version but its not 14.4 becouse few days ago i saw i could update to that.

    I got the i think 2 years ago for christmas so i dont where its from but text on box is in German so probably from there. Edit. the phone was brand new, in box

    Boot loop, it ocorerd when i woke up like 1 hour ago and Find my iPhone says it was last online 9 hours ago, which is very close to when i put the iPhone on charger and gone to sleep.

    I have no idea what caused the issue, i use the original charger that come with the phone, so i dont think thats it

    Tried force restart, didnt help, i tried update the iPhone throw iTunes on PC but my PC dont register the phone ( probably becouse its still booting) and i didnt yet tried anything more becouse i wanted to ask reddit before.

    If nothing helps ill bring it to Apple, but its like 1.5 hour from me and i dont have a car.

    I cant show any photos becouse i dont any other phone.

    Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/J3rkYs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel