• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Apple iOS iPhone X - auto lock

    Apple iOS iPhone X - auto lock


    iPhone X - auto lock

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:13 PM PST

    I upgraded my iPhone to the iPhone 11 one month ago and I am being bombarded daily with personalised advertisements every 7 posts within the news application to upgrade to the iPhone 12 from my 11. Is Apple being serious right now?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:55 AM PST

    How do I get rid of the back to shortcuts sign when I open an app via shortcuts??

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:12 AM PST

    Images show disguised Apple Watch prototype running pre-watchOS software

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:54 AM PST

    Bedtime/Alarm remnant from older OS persisting after OS 14 upgrade

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:12 AM PST

    A week and a half ago upgraded an iPhone 8 to OS14 (from 11). Every weekday morning the bedtime alarm that was set under the old OS continues to go off (and it's holidays - no one needs that!).

    Happened again today.

    We have tried resetting all settings, restarting phone, disabling data in/out to the clock app from health, disabling sleep scheduling in the health app, and everything else we've found online for this issue - but it still goes off every weekday morning.

    Desperate for other ideas. I can't be stuck with an alarm every day they i can't see, set or disable. This is nuts!

    I appreciate any help - thank you.

    submitted by /u/Topher0gr
    [link] [comments]

    How I Fixed iOS 14 Lag Issue (Freezing when unlocking, sluggish performance etc)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:10 AM PST

    I have an older iPhone 7 Plus, ever since the the latest couple of iOS updates, my phone would lag and feel kinda slow. The most noticeable issue was when I would unlock my phone and instantly interact with it, it would become extremely unresponsive for 3-5 seconds. This used to happen randomly, a few times each day. But even scrolling between pages in my home screen felt kinda off, not exactly slow, but I could feel some resistance, like there was a small input delay.

    I initially thought that this is because my phone is quite old now, or maybe it was under-clocking because my battery health is at 82% (even though it still was at "peak performance capability").

    I decided to try out removing every widget on my home screen, I had 3, one in each page of my home screen. I even removed all the old style widgets on the left side of the home screen. Then I rebooted my phone.

    The difference is massive, my phone feels very responsive and buttery smooth again. I haven't had a single phone unlock lag ever since. Everything opens up way faster, and the touch input delay is gone. Not just in home screen, but even while using other apps. Battery lasts a bit longer too.

    Now I don't know if this happened because my iPhone is a couple of years old, if there is an iOS 14 bug or if there was a widget misbehaving. But if you're experiencing similar issues give it a try and let me know if it made a difference.

    submitted by /u/cleanhappylife
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage not showing Preview for Instagram links

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:53 AM PST

    Recently, within the last month, iMessage stopped showing IG preview links for public profiles. Now it's just a standard rectangle with "Instagram.com" and white Safari compass square. I'm updated to the latest version of iOS. Is there any solution to this? It used to show previews for IG posts back in November.

    submitted by /u/acesilver1
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone vibrates when switching from camera to home screen. Why?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:24 AM PST

    If I have the camera open and press the home button once (original iPhone SE, iOS 14.3) it switches to the home screen as expected, but vibrates once and the screen shows the ringer level. Any idea why?

    I'm not adjusting the volume, so why is the ringer suddenly important? It appears to do this only with headphones plugged in but thankfully not otherwise.

    Pressing the home button with a different app open works as expected, i.e. silently goes to the home screen. Only when switching from camera does it decide to buzz and so on.

    I'm sure it never did this before, or I'd have noticed it by now. Is this another iOS 14 bug? Or if it's a feature, what is the point?

    submitted by /u/20blackbirds
    [link] [comments]

    Battery on iOs 14.3 Iphone8

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Is iOS 14.3 drainign battery on Iphojne 8.Is it better than before?

    submitted by /u/NomadRover
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14,3 Batter on Iphone 8

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:04 AM PST

    My friends Iphone 8 has a lot of lag and battery drain to the point of being unusable. Is anyone else experiencing this?

    I was waiting on 14.3 hoping it woud be stable. Looks like apple has been messing up lately.

    submitted by /u/NomadRover
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro Max stuck at "verifying restore with Apple"

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:56 AM PST

    I'm trying to restore an 11 Pro Max and so far it isn't working. I've tried on Windows through 3U and iTunes but both don't work ir get stuck. I also am trying right now on a Mac and it still gets stuck on "verifying restore"

    Are the servers under load by any chance causing this to slow?

    submitted by /u/KuLTGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Messages

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:55 AM PST

    Hopefully this is an okay place to post. If not, let me know where to post it.

    I have an iPhone 11, I'm up-to-date with iOS 14.3, but my messages have been goofy for a while now, even before the update (and after).

    MESSAGING

    -About half the time, I don't receive alerts when I get text messages. Sometimes, not even a red notification bubble.

    -When sending pictures to Android users, they won't deliver at all. I can send pictures to iOS users freely.

    -When in group messages with at least one Android user, all the responses I get come in individual threads, instead of the group thread. -3.a - Also, I'm told that when I respond in a group message, they also receive it in an individual thread as well, whether I know them or not.

    SETTINGS -All message alerts enabled (Lock screen, Notification Center, banners) -Phone not on silent (same issue in silent) -iMessages enabled -SMS messaging enabled -MMS messaging enabled -Group messaging enabled -Filter unknown senders DISABLED -iOS 14.3

    submitted by /u/illegitimatemexican
    [link] [comments]

    Weird iMessage problems on iPhone 12

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    Hey everyone.

    Have an iPhone 12 that has been acting weird with iMessage lately. First, for some contacts I don't seem to be getting text notifications. Phone is not muted, do not disturb is off, the conversation with these contacts aren't muted. Only seems to happen for a specific contact or two. Super annoying as I'll miss texts for a long time without realizing it.

    Secondly one of my contacts told me yesterday that I had turned read receipts on for them. This is super weird as I never have those on for anyone. They showed me in person that they were in fact on but when I went to my general settings they were off and when I went to their specific contact they were off there as well.

    Any advice on either of these would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/dlhades
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro on iOS 14.3 - Applications randomly freeze and need to be closed? Have you experienced this issue?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:17 AM PST

    This has been happening since I updated but I didn't really start noticing the trend until now. Initially I thought it was my screen. But I am noticing that this is happening with every application and I am only able to close the application out and reopen it for it to work. I am doing this more than several times a day.

    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

    submitted by /u/SpoopySpagooter
    [link] [comments]

    How to block specific websites from google search?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:15 PM PST

    So safari is my default browser and google is my default search engine. I would like to know if it is possible to block only specific websites from appearing on my google search results. I don't want to block adult or explicit websites (because of reasons) but I would love to block yelp and other sites that require subscription to see content. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/papi_007
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone starts overheating/draining battery while doing light tasks at random times for a couple minutes

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:47 AM PST

    I'm on iOS 14.3 iPhone 11. Sometimes, like once a week, at a random time my iPhone just gets extremely hot, battery starts draining like crazy even if I'm not using it and any app just starts crashing, not even heavy ones but spotify or whatsapp/twitter. This lasts around 3-5minutes and then goes back to normal. I try to go to the battery settings to see what was spending all that power but it doesnt show nothing unusual. Could this be background updates? But if so why wouldnt they show up on the battery stats? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nxre
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud tabs not syncing between Mac and iPhone

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:10 AM PST

    I own a 2015 MacBook Air running the latest version of macOS Catalina and an iPhone 12 mini running on iOS 14.2.1.

    I am using the same iCloud account on both devices with Safari syncing turned on. On my previous iPhone (SE, first gen.), the tabs opened on my Mac used to show up at the bottom left. With my new iPhone, this is no longer the case.

    Strange enough, my bookmarks, favorites, history etc. do actually get synced, just my opened tabs don't.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/_DrakeTheDragon
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot reset locked iPhone.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:36 PM PST

    Hi, my son had an iPhone 6 which he hasn't used in a while so I thought I would reset and sell it. He can't remember the passcode and it's now locked.

    Problem is this-

    • Don't know passcode
    • Don't have original PC it was synced to iTunes
    • Go through restore process on new iTunes download on different PC and get ' iPhone cannot be restored' message.

    How do I reset this phone so I can sell it?

    submitted by /u/T-rexathon
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to transfer Files between iPhone & Windows

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:18 AM PST

    I recently brought an iPhone 12 pro, am new to iOS. I am struggling to transfer files between PC and iPhone.

    Can anyone please help me find the best free and safest solution available?

    I tried to use iTunes on windows, but I couldn't find a way to transfer local files that I downloaded on my iPhone.

    Also I would really appreciate if anyone knows any free solution to transfer WhatsApp chats & data from Android to iOS, please!!!

    submitted by /u/Aleniko25
    [link] [comments]

    Does WhatsApp bypass Apple‘s Photo privacy limitations on iOS?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:03 AM PST

    TL;DR: Blocked all photo rights for WA. Works if I try to send pictures to friends, i.e. it leads to an empty photo library. HOWEVER, if I select a new profile picture for myself within WhatsApp, they suddenly have access to ALL my pictures. Is this a bug, bypass, or working as intended?

    iOS 14.3 and tested and multiple phones (6S, SE1, X)

    submitted by /u/HiImCipher
    [link] [comments]

    Airmail alternative (stock iOS Mail app?)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Dear redditors,

    I am turning to you with a need of advice. I have been using Airmail as my daily driver mail app for as long as I remember, but recently started noticing flaws concerning email legibility, rendering issues (inconsistencies in mail display - especially dark mode) and search (to be specific spotlight search). So first things first, the email legibility and rendering issues - I started noticing those flaws when I fully transitioned to dark mode and it for example concerns the email background which stays white regardless of the theme of the app. I tried to compare it with the stock iOS Mail app and was very pleasantly surprised that it gets it right most of the times and makes the background turn dark grey colour on those emails (I know, some emails' background just cannot be changed since some load them off the server, but still). Other times when Airmail changes the background color to black, it just does not care about the font color and I have encountered that some of my contacts use grey colored font which gets illegible with the change of the background color. The search - with the introduction of iPadOS, I have started using spotlight search more and more, and find it really as a quick, time-efficient method to find things on my devices. The Airmail supports spotlight search but the results are inconsistent and when the app actually pops up the mail I was looking for, it just says that it did not manage to find such mail when the option is selected and opened. Another thing that the stock Mail app does much better without any hiccups. Also what I noticed with the iOS Mail app is that it seamlessly loads and incorporates PDF attachments into the email, whereas Airmail just shows a PDF attachment icon which needs to be selected for the attachment to show up. I do not understand it mainly because Airmail supports attachment preview, but only while browsing the inbox and not in the actual email window. The things that I love and use extensively on the other hand are the smart folders. Having 6 mail accounts, each for a different purpose, but sharing the same labels, Airmail smart folders just make it so easy to view all emails with the same label but from multiple accounts in one place! A feature I was not able to find in any other mail client (let me know if I am wrong), even Spark's smart search cannot show me all the emails with the same label name. Other features I love and extensively use are multiple signature support (which stock iOS Mail does not have), emaile snoozing, send later feature (an absolute must for me). Due to the issues, I was really thinking about switching to stock iOS Mail app due to its seamless performance, but I would really be missing the smart folders and send later features, mainly.

    Is there a mail client that would be able to the things Airmail does, but with better mail rendering and search? Or is there a method that I am not aware of to sort emails in stock Mail app that would work similar to the Airmails' smart folders? Or should I just move all the emails with the same label from across the accounts and start with a different system of email classification?

    Thank you so much for all your suggestions!

    submitted by /u/Allandriel
    [link] [comments]

    Help with exchange!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:19 AM PST

    Hi Guys,

    After some help if I can, my exchange account (work) is not working with the inbuilt iOS apps on my iPhone 12

    Now it works on my iPad, it also works using the outlook app, I've tried all the usual, updating my phone, factory reset, reset network settings, deleted and reinstalled the apps (Mail/Reminders/Calendar)

    Anyone got any ideas of what I can do?

    My exchange details are correct and see exactly the same on iPhone and iPad.

    Thanks

    :)

    submitted by /u/Nerve010
    [link] [comments]

    I am new to IOS, I have heard about grouped notifications coming to ios but this screenshot says otherwise. Is there any option I have to toggle to enable it? This has been a really annoying lately.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:11 PM PST

    My iPhone 8 has stopped showing notifications!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:16 AM PST

    I've got an iPhone 8 64gb and recently it's stopped showing notifications for certain apps. I get notifications from messages but not for WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal. There might be some other ones too but these are the ones I noticed.

    I also noticed that when I try to use WhatsApp on my laptop it shows the "phone not connected to the internet" error even though my phone has a steady connection and is on and charged, turns out it (WhatsApp on my laptop) connects the moment I open WhatsApp on my phone and disconnects the moment my phone locks itself or I switch to another app (without closing WhatsApp).

    So I figured there might be something wrong with my phone's background app refresh but it was on when I checked it (both in general and for WhatsApp/telegram/signal individually). I tried turning it on and off and restarting my phone, that didn't work either. The update didn't help as well.

    It's really annoying, can y'all suggest anything else that might fix it? Also, this happens both on cellular data and wifi. My iOS version is 14.3.

    submitted by /u/woahthatwaclose
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel