• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    macOS macOS is so stable usually. But when it crashes. It really crashes. I’m trying to reboot and it’s hung. Lol.

    macOS macOS is so stable usually. But when it crashes. It really crashes. I’m trying to reboot and it’s hung. Lol.


    macOS is so stable usually. But when it crashes. It really crashes. I’m trying to reboot and it’s hung. Lol.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Keka vs The Unarchiver

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    The most experienced with MacOS could tell me what's the best option for Catalina?

    submitted by /u/MikeAngel65
    [link] [comments]

    What is this app called?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Catalina

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Am I the only one still having issues with Catalina? I have reinstalled the os about 5 times now, and it'll work fine for a few weeks. Followed by the file folder w/ a question mark, or the globe with he exclamation point. Its really starting to get frustrating. Is anybody else having issues?

    submitted by /u/Dumbledoresarmy0000
    [link] [comments]

    I don't have problem with Mac OS Catalina

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    My laptop is a 2017 MacBook Air but it still doesn't have any problem with Catalina it works just fine. I don't know why but everyone has problems with Catalina. please tell me

    submitted by /u/MasterFauzChampion
    [link] [comments]

    Mac keeps having kernel panic

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    So my iMac 2017 every time it goes into sleep mode it restarts automatically because of the kernel panic error. It works fine as long as it doesn't go into sleep mode. I even turned off the power nap option but the issue is still there. It's like the mac is scared to go to sleep!

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/vikagarwal
    [link] [comments]

    Will installing Catalina wipe my computer

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    I'm stupid and didn't back up files before the update, this is urgent, is there a way to stop the update? It's almost done I need it to stop

    submitted by /u/oatmule
    [link] [comments]

    Time for me to jump back on the icon train. Here's some Adobe CC icons adapted for macOS 11. Download for more icons in the comments.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    How do I transfer purchases? MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Creating a bootable USB on Windows 10 for a older iMac (read description)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    So, I managed to score an older iMac for free (awesome!) It's a A1311. So far I've upgraded the ram and here's where my issues started. First, the display when I got it was disconnected and that's why it wouldn't turn on a display no big deal.

    Second, no hdd so I tossed an SSD that has windows on it. question 1 do I have to format it to remove that windows partition and all since I got to disk utility it won't let me format it.

    Third, I managed to find some tutorials online of how to obtain a .dmg and make a bootable usb. Here's the thing I cannot access recovery options except for disk utility so doing OTA recovery doesn't seem like an option. The .dmg I found when I went to "boot" said it couldn't be used because it's damaged.

    My big question what other ways could I make a bootable usb besides using a mac that I don't have access to download anything on. I only have my windows 10 pc I've tried most of the methods listed. I just want to get this thing working or if someone here is willing to upload me a .dmg or help me figure this problem out ?

    Edit: would it be possible to find an older version of mac os and just try and install that and then from there upgrade to high sierra ?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/batboy29011
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I try to put my mini sd card in my Mac, it says this. Does anyone know how to fix this or what is happening?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    Hello, I’m trying to wipe my personal information from the hd. Which one do I delete? Or do I delete both? TIA

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    I just bought a second hand 2011 imac 21 inch, 4gb ram. Should I upgrade to latest Os ?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    Or will it run smoother on the older systems ? (And if so is there one that stands out peraps ?)

    submitted by /u/derailedunicorn
    [link] [comments]

    There’s a weird shape around my cursor whenever i open ableton in full screen, any ideas what it could be? I tried disabling night shift and rebooting my mac, didn’t work :/

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    My laptop works really good on Catalina

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    I don't know why but everyone MacBook is the worst on Catalina nothing bad ever happened to me and I use a MacBook Air 2017

    submitted by /u/MasterFauzChampion
    [link] [comments]

    Firewall: blocking incoming connections from Brave Browser

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    So I use Brave browser. I see that my Firewall is blocking incoming connections for Brave browser. Will this affect anything? Or should I allow incoming connections? What could the connections be from?

    submitted by /u/ICUstunner
    [link] [comments]

    (Mid-2011 iMac) this has been showing up everywhere I look at the time(and safari history)(referring to the “Thursday, February 28” date)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Why custom backup tools for macOS are so slow???

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I'm trying to set up the Netatalk or Samba on Linux as a time machine for my MacBook. I'm using basic settings for that, but I don't understand why the backing up process is SO slow! For example, the backing up of 30 Gb of data may take around 10 hours. Wtf!?

    submitted by /u/mdnight079
    [link] [comments]

    Overscan/Underscan slider no longer appears. Any alternatives?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    Hi all.

    I have Mac Air 2014, 11. I am on Mojave 10.14.5.

    I am using Lenovo ThinkVision P27h-10 as my secondary screen and it is UNDERSCANNED.

    There used to be a slider in the screen settings. However it is no longer there.

    https://imgur.com/a/2i0tjrR

    My screen does not have a scaling settings that I can access, so my only chance is to solve this problem on my mac. However with the slider gone, I have no idea how to do that.

    Anyone had similar experience and would be able to help me to solve this problem? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Easyowner
    [link] [comments]

    USB Keyboard Login

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Hi all

    Running a Mac Mini on Catalina 10.15.7.

    I've just bought a USB keyboard which supposedly supports macOS, and it works great out the box with one exception - it won't respond to key input until I'm logged in. Which means I need to use another external keyboard to type the password in right now.

    I'm checking with the subreddit for that kind of keyboard to see if it's a known firmware issue, but is there anything to do with macOS itself that may be blocking the input before login?

    (Note, my other keyboard - Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic w/ mouse - still works fine)

    submitted by /u/thenewdarling
    [link] [comments]

    Mathematica on Big Sur Beta?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    Hi, I had recently installed the big sur beta and it worked fine until now. I wanted to install Mathematica but it just doesn't allow me to by saying this version is not compatible. I am installing Mathematica 12.1.x on beta 10. Did anyone else face this issue?

    submitted by /u/kc951
    [link] [comments]

    can’t downgrade from Catalina to High Sierra

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    Hey! I just purchased a 2020 MacBook Pro, and I love it. However, I make music in Ableton 9 Suite, which does not operate on Catalina. The last OS it is fully compatible with is High Sierra so I am trying to downgrade to it. I was unable to download the High Sierra installer from the App Store, but I managed to get a hold of a clean copy of the installer. I changed my laptop to Medium security, I used Terminal to copy the installer onto a USB, and I held the option key when I booted up my Mac. This gave me the option to click "install High Sierra," which I did. The Apple logo came on and things looked promising. However, it gave me an error message that read, "The version of macOS on the selected disk needs to be reinstalled. Use macOS utilities to reinstall macOS or select another startup disk." — I am so close to getting this done, but I don't know how to get past this road block. Does anyone know how I can get passed it? If so, please give me extremely detailed steps because I am very new to all of this. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ethansteiger
    [link] [comments]

    do you know a good safari blocker that doesn't have a blank page on YouTube like in the picture and doesn't take a lot of RAM like AdGuard ??

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    [Question] Unknown drive "Update" in locations

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    [Question] Unknown drive "Update" in locations

    Hi,

    Anybody have any idea why I see it in my locations tab? It's an exact copy of my hard drive, can unmount it but it returns after I restart my MBP.

    Using Catalina 10.15.7 / MBP 2018.

    https://preview.redd.it/9rz06wtypau51.png?width=438&format=png&auto=webp&s=0a975aabe168f54b7b12635a1b1add641987d286

    submitted by /u/brayozz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel