• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 18, 2020

    iPhone I cant hear sound

    iPhone I cant hear sound


    I cant hear sound

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    So when i receive calls i cant hear the other side and they cant hear me, but when im calling somone i can hear perfectly, i tried different areas of reception and it still happening, is that a known issue? Im using iphone 11 pro max if that helps..

    submitted by /u/moses7800
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown App using Camera

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    My phone was locked last night. I pushed the home button and saw the green dot (for video recording) in the top right corner. It disappeared. I opened the control center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. There is a green circle with a white camera that says "Unknown, recently". It looks like the FaceTime icon. However, when I actually tested FaceTime, the message says "FaceTime, recently". I haven't been able to replicate "Unknown, recently" with any other app on my phone. Is there a way to see what app accessed my camera? Any other troubleshooting options?

    submitted by /u/Cpalltheway012
    [link] [comments]

    Will there be a way to disable 5g on the iPhone 12?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    iPhone 6 Help - Stuck after Restore Backup!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I recently stored a backup of my iPhone 6. The problem is that my home button is broken. I am stuck on a white screen that states "Press home to upgrade." I cannot press home, and I can't figure out a way around this.

    For instance, my iTunes won't recognize the iPhone as I must first enter in the passcode; without first pressing home to bypass this white screen, it seems I am stuck.

    Can anyone please offer help?

    submitted by /u/KakaRostam
    [link] [comments]

    “No Sim Card Installed”

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    iPhone 11 Pro Max

    Software 14.0.1

    Phone displays said message (above) atleast 3-5 times a say.

    Hard reboot is the only thing that fixes it (for now).

    Bad SIM card?

    iPhone issue?

    Please save me a trip to the AT&T/Apple Store.

    submitted by /u/NolaDutches
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s Screen Time not Accurate

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    I use the Screen Time feature to keep track of how much I use my iPhone 6s. The time for the day listed above the bar graph is always around 20 minutes higher by the end of the day than the sum of all of the categories or the sum of all of the apps that are listed down to the ones that only have 20s of usage or so. Apple Support couldn't fix it. I tried resetting screen time and doing a force reset on the phone. This has been an issue since before I got iOS 14 so I believe it is not iOS specific.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/tthssssss
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 not used in a few years is stuck updating

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    Bought an old factory reset iPhone from a friend because mine got water damage and i needed a new one fast. I have tried setting it up and since it hasn't been used so long it seems to be way behind as far as updates go. It is attempting to install IOS14.0.1 and it has been doing so for several hours. It is stuck on the screen that says it's installing. It won't let me transfer any of my stuff over from my old phone without doing this update. Can this be solved? Thanks for any advice!

    submitted by /u/AmaziingGrace
    [link] [comments]

    How do I completely remove myself from a group text?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    I just switched to an iPhone from Android, and I'm trying to figure out how to remove myself from a group text. It's a family group, but everyone is arguing about politics and whatnot, so I want to completely remove myself. With my Android, my SMS app had a way to archive a conversation so I didn't have to see it or get any notifications. I would prefer not to see it in my conversation list or get any badge notifications. On the group info section, there is no option saying "leave conversation"

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Cremacious
    [link] [comments]

    This one is weird

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    iPhone 7. I can make and receive calls when connected to Apple CarPlay. It works. However, I cannot hear anyone and they cannot hear me when making a phone call that is not connected to CarPlay. I cannot connect through Bluetooth to the car or to any other device. When I insert the headphones, it does not connect. When making a call not connected to CarPlay, the speaker button is grayed out and I cannot select it. I've played with the mute button but that wasn't the problem. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Thefreshi1
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone storage backup

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Hi reddit world. I'm currently in a situation I'm pretty sure is impossible to fix but I figured I'd try my luck on reddit hoping someone can help me. Please excuse my grammar I'm kinda in a rush. Anyways I'm an iPhone user and I accidentally deleted a thread of messages between me and my girlfriend. I then tried to recover the messages by using and iCloud back up but the save file was from 2019 and that only made my situation worst. I don't believe my phones data was backed up anywhere else (which is why I think there is no way of fixing this) but I really need that information back because I'm missing my passwords, photos, stuff for college and notes I've been writing for a book. If anyone could help in any way that would be amazing. If you think it's hopeless please tell me as well because at least I can stop wasting my time. Thank you very much for taking time to read and help me out with this situation.

    submitted by /u/EnvironmentalRun676
    [link] [comments]

    Activation Lock Connected to Apple ID or Phone #?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Relevant info:

    • Apple ID account was made with iCloud email

    Back story:

    • sister uses a long form password instead of a 6-digit password
    • forgot password today
    • spoke with Apple support and did a hard reset
    • Apple ID had activation lock, info sent to email to unlock
    • email used was iCloud email...which is locked
    • Apple needed Verizon receipt
    • could not find Verizon receipt

    I ordered her the iPhone 11 last week before all this happened.

    Question: When putting in the SIM card, will the activation lock carry over or is it attached to the Apple ID? Do I just make her a new Apple ID or should I change the phone number for good measure?

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/Chronic_Indecisive
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR Battery

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    I got my iPhone XR about 16 months ago, worked great and was super impressed with the battery. I charge it to ~90% then leave it unplugged overnight. After updating to iOS 14 the battery is definitely tanking. It'll drain ~30% overnight after unplugging it. Will getting the battery replaced fix it, or do I need to upgrade? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Codewordvictory
    [link] [comments]

    I deleted then re added my gmail account to my mail app and now I am missing all emails between now and 2019. Please help me get them back.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    The emails are on my mac app and on gmail when I log on through the website.

    submitted by /u/andywu2334
    [link] [comments]

    Speakers are unbalanced on different volumes iphone SE 2020

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    So basically when i turn on a random video, the top speaker is somehow louder than the bottom one, but when i max out my volume it balances out/ the bottom one is slightly louder. There isnt any mess in the bottom one

    submitted by /u/1pakon1
    [link] [comments]

    RTT is turned off but just started popping up for one number only in place of mute

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Sorry if formatting is weird I'm on mobile.

    It's not my phone but my moms. She keep wanting me to fix it but everything I've googled I've done and it's still showing up for One specific number. RTT is off on my moms phone so I told her to text the number asking them to see if it's turned on for that phone. Supposedly it's not so I'm at a brick wall for what to do.

    RTT shows up in place of the mute button and is acting like mute. It's turned off on my moms phone. I'm at my wits end for what to do and hoping you guys might be able to help.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/SilverSoulFox
    [link] [comments]

    Microphone not working

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Hi there. My partner just recently bought an iPhone 11 after his iPhone X developed a microphone problem. When making calls he was able to hear the other person but the other person was unable to hear him. We thought that he just needed a new phone so he bought the iPhone 11 but after downloading his data from iCloud the microphone problem returned! The new phone is running on iOS version 14.0.1 and we're based in the U.K. The only thing that works is if he wipes everything and restarts with factory settings but he really doesn't want to lose everything. Please help as a weekend without gadgets is putting him in a very bad mood!

    submitted by /u/kesterclarke82
    [link] [comments]

    Is it time to upgrade my X? Battery and camera issues have started

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    My iPhone X is a few years old and I didn't have trouble with it until I upgraded to iOS14. For the first couple of weeks with the update, my battery was draining like crazy - like 100 to 50 in a couple of hours. So I was charging my phone a lot. After I updated to 14.0.1, it solved it for the most part but the phone heats up all the time still.

    The problem is that a week after that my front camera started acting up. When my phone gets hot, which is often, thick purple lines appear on the camera. It's especially noticeable when I'm video calling people, as they can see my face with random purple lines throughout the call. I've tried a few different strategies to offset the purple stuff but it hasn't stopped it completely.

    My battery health is at 79% and it's recommending I get the battery replaced. But will a battery replacement fix the camera issue too? Or should I call it a day and upgrade to a new phone?

    Should also mention that I'm not in the US and battery replacements are a little pricier where I am. I just want to know if it will be worth it to replace the battery :(

    TL;DR: battery health is down to 79% on my phone and the front camera has started glitching with purple lines all over it. Should I update or would a battery replacement solve the problem?

    submitted by /u/kitastropheb
    [link] [comments]

    Best (free) way to get photos off of your iphone in full quality

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    I have an iPhoneX, with way too many pictures on it, but I don't want to delete them. My icloud is full (and it's a whole other issue, I can't get into my icloud, it's been full for years, and I actually tried to download pictures from it a few years back, and somehow deleted everything, got it restored by contacting apple, but still have never been able to get in it... so it's completely useless to me), so I just want to save the pictures to my PC. I connected via USB and could get some of the pictures off that way, but for some reason, some of them are just not accessible. Every app I find for transferring is either paid, or free, but will only download a lower resolution version of my pictures. I've tried using itunes, but I can't see any way to do it using that app, and well... I'm just frustrated... I can't seem to get my own pictures off of my own phone.

    Any help would be really appreciated, thank you!

    submitted by /u/lonelady75
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 getting hotter when turned off

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    The phone suddenly switched off but continued to get hotter up to 65 celsius, before then cooling. It was then totally unresponsive. I just switched out the battery as a speculative fix and it still didn't turn on but again the area over the processor (right of the top of the battery) heated to about 65 degrees fairly quickly. Is there any hope of a fix? I disconnected the battery to be safe.

    submitted by /u/Ormoniuk
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me find out what’s wrong with my display?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    iPhone 8 is dropping frames while swiping on the home menu, as well as when scrolling on any app or webpage. Also not running at 60hz. It's seemingly running at 30 from what I can tell, and is still dropping frames, even after it being just 30. Any help to get it to run at 60 without dropped frames?

    submitted by /u/Phil_Wil_Tape_U
    [link] [comments]

    Hi! Could anyone help me turn off the bar with undo/copy/cut/paste/redo functions in GarageBand? It appears as soon as I press three keys at a time and messes up the recording process. iOS 13.3 GarageBand version 2.3.7

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    My iPhone is always overheating

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    My iPhone 6 always overheats every 2 minutes I use it how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/toblett
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel