• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 02]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 02]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 02]

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Check our Tech Support FAQ page

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [October 02]

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Mini case next to 6S and XS with cases

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    YouTube Restores iOS 14 Picture in Picture Capability on Mobile Website

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    App Store Reportedly Earned Twice as Much as the Google Play Store in Q3 2020

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    PIP works in the YouTube app... if you’re using an AirPlay audio output. ��

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    iPhone 13 and the next iPhone SE leaks are already in.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Heads up: Safari PiP for YouTube is working again

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Currently watching a podcast in PiP on iOS 14.0.1. No need for shortcuts or a dedicated YouTube app/Subscription.

    submitted by /u/Burlaka
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Launches Revamped Maps App in the United Kingdom and Ireland

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    Apple stops signing iOS 14.0, blocking downgrades from iOS 14.0.1

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Issue with Airpod Pro's. When ever I connect them to phone the phone will not play music out of them, and the entire phone's springboard is barely useable. Works with iPad fine.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Android user looking to switch - need advice

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Hi there, I've been an android user for a few years now. Don't get me wrong, I love the OS and customization, but my current S9+ has just about died and none of the newly released android phones remotely interest me as much as the newer iPhones.

    I'm just in need of some advice on a few things:

    • Can anyone who's made the switch tell me their experience of mentally swapping over and how long it took you to get used to it?

    • Is the lack of a back button something I can easily get over?

    • Should I wait for the iPhone 12? Or are the current flagships still great?

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Nozdoz
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 13 Lineup Rumored to Feature 120Hz ProMotion Displays, No iPhone SE 3 Until 2022

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    The Indian Government is considering to open an App Store that could Potentially Compete with Apple's App Store

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Is it quicker to pre-order/order from Apple or your carrier?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    With these new sets of iPhones coming out which should I order from? Does anyone have any advice based on previous experience?

    submitted by /u/Yinzer89
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have problems with webpages loading not all the way since going to iOS14?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    As probably everyone, I update to iOS14 as soon as I could.

    But I started noticing that some webpages, Reddit in particular, sometimes load for like 50% and then just stop loading. I'm used to using the desktop site on the Safari app and thought it would fix itself when I downloaded 14.0.1 but it didn t help.

    It also seems my browser is just constantly loading, the game right part in the searchbar where you find the refresh button get's stuck on the X button, when reading threads on Reddit I sometimes scroll down and it doesn't load everything and I need to get out of Safari and kill the tab to make it reset.

    Just me or?

    submitted by /u/JCBDoesGaming
    [link] [comments]

    What direction do you see phones taking in the next 10 years?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    Smart phones these days only see relatively incremental changes year on year. A few things were seeing are folding phones, possibility of AR glasses (rumored for Apple), better integration with supplementary accessories (Bluetooth headphones, pencil/stylus etc, TVs, etc).

    However, I just see that as an extension of the phone as we know it today. The thing that intrigues me the most is the idea similar to Samsung Dex. The phone becoming an all encompassing device. You may use it day to day as a phone on your commute, laying in bed, or out and about. However, having a docking station with a desktop station for heavier tasks would be truly game changing. So with that I'll throw it back to my title question.

    submitted by /u/hurryingslowly
    [link] [comments]

    I created an app that makes sharing your social media profiles simple

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    Hey r/iPhone!

    I'm Asher, a college student studying computer science. When I first moved to school, I found it was super tedious to add new friends on each social media platform, so I made an app that lets you share your social media profiles, contact info, and links all from a single page! Any feedback would be super appreciated :)

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/alias-a-better-way-to-connect/id1458470548

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AHand
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on battery health

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Hey!

    I got an iPhone 11 Pro Max on December 29th 2019 and my battery health is 91% already. It's only been a few months. I am kind of shocked because I never leave my battery to drain under 20% and I usually don't even use it while it's charging since it charges so fast. I must say that the battery still lasts all day and beyond but...

    Any advice? Specially because I plan on buying an iPhone 12 and iPad Air 4 this month and I would like to keep their batteries healthy...

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/martukf
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X Display Replacement Program and current conditions

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Anyone have experience with this program? My screen often goes haywire, making my phone unusable--it behaves as if someone is swiping and tapping frantically. The ambient light around me plays a factor as to whether this happens.

    Is there any way I can determine whether my X has this specific issue? It seems my only option is to send it off, be without a phone for an undetermined amount of time, and hope Apple will fix it under this program. The whole thing is very open ended.

    EDIT: Thanks for the replies to all. I had the wrong impression that Apple stores were completely shut down for COVID-19. I have an appointment on Monday

    submitted by /u/gonzoleroy
    [link] [comments]

    Face ID replacement curiosity

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    If the Face ID gets damaged... can you replace it and still work properly or it will happen like Touch ID which could not be replaced as is unique?

    submitted by /u/FJCA1396
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Invents a Folding Device that includes a Layer of Self-Healing Material that could make dents & scratches on the cover disappear

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel