• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 22, 2020

    iPad Arrived a day early!

    iPad Arrived a day early!


    Arrived a day early!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    This is my wittiest attempt at engraving just yet

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    BestBuy pre-orders have started shipping!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    Dev Software On IPad Pro

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    In times like these it's great to work mobile. So I am planning to get a new ultralight device like the Thinpad X1 nano. But I want to check alternatives first. Now I heard that the IPad Pro can replace laptop -even for work. I guess that is why it is called Pro, right? I never ever touched an iPad so I have no ideas of it's OS or Apps.

    So my biggest concern is if can actually run all the professional software. What I use on a daily basis is:

    • Git
    • Vim
    • Postgres
    • Docker
    • Visual Studio Code (with vim controls!)
    • Go
    • Python
    • Anaconda
    • Dotnet core

    This is my bare minimum. Can the IPad Pro run that? Offline, no remote stuff! This is all FOSS, so it should be possible to get it (for free!), right? And if so, is it nice to use or is it cumbersome?

    It would be great if you can share your experience!

    submitted by /u/DerHerrWolken
    [link] [comments]

    For those that don't use their iPad as a laptop replacement but own a magic keyboard, how often do you use it?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Does the trackpad + keyboard make browsing easier (I imagine navigating different apps with the trackpad finger gestures and opening things with keyboard shortcuts) or is it solely best for just typing? What was your user experience like?

    submitted by /u/That_Int3rn3t_Guy
    [link] [comments]

    What do you use your iPad for?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    Just curious on what you guys use your iPad for?

    submitted by /u/iDR3A
    [link] [comments]

    Where are the iPad Air 4 benchmarks?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Is anyone else surprised that we haven't gotten comprehensive and clear benchmarks yet?

    I come from a PC background where everything is tested and compared in all ways you can imagine on day 1 so I'm a bit surprised. Might be that Apple customers don't care about these things as much so there's no high demand for it?...

    submitted by /u/PinkHappa
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard folio peeling... How do I stop it?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    Received the Logitech Folio Touch for Ipad Air 4th Gen. Very impressed with the construction. Keys and Trackpad feel very nice. My iPad should be here Friday per UPS. Hoping that it's a seamless experience. The magic keyboard would have been awesome but this is very nice for half price.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Magic keyboard waterproof?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    So today i bought a used ipad + magic keyboard. And it looks like the guy that used it before me, was a smoker. Is it possible to wash my keyboard under some water?

    submitted by /u/kenobiwithhigground
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air 4 cover with correct opening for power button Touch ID

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Thoughts on the Logitech Combo Touch? It is VERY Heavy!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    Hey guys, first time poster here.

    I have an iPad Air 3rd Generation, and I mainly use it for emails, media consumption, social media, photo editing, and web browsing. I also have an Apple Pencil.

    I had been looking for a keyboard for my iPad for a while so I don't have to use my laptop as often. Last week, I ended up purchasing the Logitech Combo Touch keyboard. I really like it because of the smooth typing experience, the backlit keys, the smart connector, and the multiple viewing angles from the kickstand. What I don't like about this keyboard is how heavy it is. I keep thinking that it defeats the purpose of having a lightweight iPad Air. I do like that it offers a lot of protection because I carry my iPad around with me a lot, but it feel like I'm carrying around a small laptop.

    For those who have the Combo Touch Keyboard, do you get used to the heavy weight after a while? Are you happy with this keyboard? I initially bought this over the Apple Smart Keyboard because of the trackpad, but now I'm realizing that I don't necessarily need the trackpad because of my Apple Pencil. I am still very happy about this keyboard and I think it brings a great typing experience, but I'm debating returning this to get the thinner Apple Smart Keyboard because of the weight. Thoughts???

    submitted by /u/retrieverjoe
    [link] [comments]

    US buyers - will in-store pickup be available anytime soon? iPad Air 4

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Just as the title reads - in-store pickup isn't listed as an option on the Apple website right now, since the iPad Air 4 is still on pre-order. When it goes on "sale" tomorrow, will in-store pickup be made available?

    In my DC area suburb, estimated delivery if I order today isn't till 11/12 - 11/17

    Also, for anyone who's purchased a new product in store right after the launch, what was that experience like? Is it super busy? Hard to place an order? Should I just order for delivery and wait the few weeks?

    submitted by /u/57seemoreglass
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard + Trackpad + multitouch full support

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Hi Guys, I m on a hunt for a product I cannot find right now and this is getting me nuts :(

    I have an iPad Pro 2018 + Smart Keyboard (the old one without trackpad) and this is perfect for my use on the go... But... When at the office, I put my iPad in a spot which is not that easy to type on/use the screen... And I thought, well 2020, iPadOS, I can get a portable keyboard /trackpad package and use it to control my iPad using Bluetooth... And In theory yes, only one issue -> those fu$%ing trackpad, if not from Apple are not managing multitouch !

    Do you guys know about any solution for a keyboard + trackpad which manage same gestures as magic keyboard but is not physically attached to the iPad ??

    submitted by /u/Tekka90
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless charge an iPad Air / Pro with Smart Connector?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    Hi,

    so I saw that the iPad Air / Pro can be charged through the Magic Keyboard when it is connected to USB-C. Are there any 3rd party accessories that use the three dot smart connector at the back of the iPad to only charge it?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/YouHawk
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air HDR10

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    Can this new iPad Air really play Dolby Vision content like it says on the website?

    submitted by /u/Buffaloww2015
    [link] [comments]

    Clear/Transparent Case Recs for iPad Air 4?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    Given the colorful iPad Air selections, I was hoping to find some trifold cases with a clear/transparent back to show the color but didn't find that many. Has anyone ordered one already or has a seller/style recommendation from a clear pro case they used? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bomberman92
    [link] [comments]

    Nobody cares, come up with original content

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    Your thoughts on USB-C for iPad Air 4 (2020 Edition)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    I think it's pretty cool that Apple is doing this. I have too many different types of cables for different devices and this also means that I can find cheaper cables fingers crossed.

    Your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/BobaTeaSmore
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel