• Breaking News

    Friday, October 16, 2020

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Extending Apple TV+ Until February 2021

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    Why  TV can’t remember last connected AirPods,and auto connect again when open AirPods box

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    And if apple should set an option for  tv 's auto switch feature like on iPhone iPad Mac.

    submitted by /u/Juniorchen
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to force the best resolution available on the Youtube app?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    For some reason, all videos I start watching on a channel I never saw before plays at 720p, and I have to manually change the resolution.

    submitted by /u/gumnasbr
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 14.2 on Apple TV 4K supports wireless game audio with HomePods

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    It works with one or two HomePods - possibly also other AirPlay 2 + HomeKit speakers.

    submitted by /u/Rasmus_Larsen
    [link] [comments]

    New in 14.2 beta 3

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    I have my Appletv, Denton amp and lg tv all connected via HDMI-CEC and my usual was press the microphone and say "tv off". Tonight it came up with 4 options :

    appletv Demon Amp (through home bridge) Lg Tv All of them

    Kind of cool

    submitted by /u/siobhanellis
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got the 4K 2160p option on my AppleTV 4K for the YouTube app!!! (I’ve been waiting since iOS 14 developer beta 1!!!!)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    YouTube 4K working on Apple TV

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    Apple TV - Digital Volume a possibility?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Would anyone know, and subsequently be able to explain, the reasoning behind why AppleTV doesn't utilize Digital Volume or the limitations preventing its utilization so as to allow volume control from the box/content itself and not rely on IR at all? This would be an amazing solution to allow "television" volume control from the iPhone remote.

    Basically: why can't we set our max volume on the television with the IR remote and, thereafter, control the digital content volume, e.g. like how we control airplay content volume, from iPhone or even non IR dependent AppleTV remotes.

    submitted by /u/birthdaywishing
    [link] [comments]

    After Update

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    Since the update I'm having trouble where either the apps I'm watching freezes or it just stop playing..then when a commercial come you get no sound. I've done a factory reset..if it continues I guess I'll be calling 🍎. Just wanted to know,anyone is experiencing anything.

    submitted by /u/tiggerlove1
    [link] [comments]

    Flickering green screen issues. Is there a name for this so I can better search for a solution?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    Hard case for Apple TV 4 remote?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Does anyone make a hard case for the remote? The silicone ones are being torn up by my boys.

    submitted by /u/Daddgonecrazy
    [link] [comments]

    How to stream audio only over AirPlay to Apple TV?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    I have a soundbar with HDMI in and out. I want to use the AirPlay feature without the TV from time to time. Is there a way that I can stream my iPhone audio only instead of both video + audio?

    submitted by /u/derpaufler
    [link] [comments]

    No sound when Atmos enabled

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    I just got a Nakamichi 7.1.2 2019 factory refurbished model off eBay. I couldn't get Atmos through my x900h Sony TV (latest firmware) internal apps, or through a Roku ultra hooked to the soundbar HDMI so I bought a 4k Apple TV today. When I play 6 underground on Netflix on the Apple TV or Jack Ryan on Amazon video on the Apple TV I get no sound, the soundbar days Dolby ATMOS but no sound. If I change the audio output on the Apple TV to Dolby 5.1 with Atmos disabled I get sound on the soundbar. Apple TV is tvOS 14.0.2 and Nakamichi firmware 35

    submitted by /u/scuzzy987
    [link] [comments]

    TCL 6 Series no longer able to adjust DV/HDR settings inside of app.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    Looking to see if anyone else has encountered this. I used to be able to change the settings for DV/HDR on my TCL 6 Series while Netflix or Plex or AppleTV+ was playing said content but now it exits the app the second I open the settings.

    submitted by /u/mrmiyagijr
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have problems with Star Trek Discovery?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Tried watching the last episode of season 2 as a refresher and then the new season 3 episode and it kept freezing coming out of commercials and then jumping back like 15 minutes in the show. I first tried on the Amazon Prime Video app which is where I pay for CBS All Access as an Amazon channel and then I tried on the Apple TV app which was a bit better, but still had the same problems. I just downloaded the actual CBS All Access app and I'm gonna try to rewatch it tomorrow on that to see if it's any different.

    submitted by /u/Ocelotsden
    [link] [comments]

    is there an alternate remote available?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    I like the remote that came with my apple tv but watching certain streaming services like youtube tv makes me wish I had something with more dedicated buttons like previous channel or channel up/down and mute. Does anyone make a remote that looks and acts more like a direct tv remote?

    submitted by /u/ChunksOG
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to delete volume control devices

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    I recently got a new TV and when setting it up I tried to delete older tvs from the volume control page that I no longer use. Unfortunately, when I go to the edit device menu it doesn't load anything. It's not the end of the world, but it's annoying that I can't delete 4 devices that I won't use again.

    Is this a common problem? I couldn't find anyone post about it in this sub and I saw a few people post on the Apple forums about this though no one seemed to have a solution.

    submitted by /u/homiesexuals
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with white box flicker on ESPN in Apple TV

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    HDR and Dolby Vision for CBS All Access Channel?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    I have the CBS all access channel with the cbs and showtime deal, and I notice Star Trek discovery is not in DV when viewed via channels, while Picard is. Both shows are DV when I viewed them in the native cbs all access app. Is there any way to use the native app when I have subbed to the channel?

    submitted by /u/Koraboros
    [link] [comments]

    Question about watching NFL games on CBS, FOX, and NBC

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Is it possible to watch NFL games on these networks with a Cable login (specifically Comcast).

    submitted by /u/BucsLegendTomBrady12
    [link] [comments]

    Got an extra Siri Remote? Feeling generous?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    My 2 year old son has done something with our remote. Can't find it anywhere, I suspect it went into the garbage.

    Anyone happen to have an extra Siri Remote they'd be willing to part with?

    (Doesn't hurt to ask, right?)

    submitted by /u/YeahChristopher
    [link] [comments]

    TV 4K Developer HUD question

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    I'd like to see how the videos are being presented on my TV 4K box. to see if I am truly getting what I should be receiving on streams. so I tried to enable the Developer HUD Display.

    This morning I used Xcode on MBP to connect my TV. but then I never saw the Developer Listing under Settings on TV.

    Do I need to have the MBP and Xcode running nearby each time or once I set it up, the Developer Listing should always show?

    Also, do I need to have an iPhone connected to the MBP when I do this? Because I have USB-C connectors I had to switch to a different room in the house and run back and forth doing the setup. I was able to enter the numbers from TV to MBP and I saw the MBP listed under Remotes/Devices. and on Xcode I saw the TV 4K was connected.

    My impression was once it was set up I didn't NEED the MBP or Xcode running at the same time to enable the HUD Display I could just click it under settings on TV.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/BJMRamage
    [link] [comments]

    Volume OSD over ARC using Apple TV remote

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    While playing content through Apple TV volume control works from both Apple TV and TV remote. However, I only see the on screen display of volume level increase or decrease while using TV remote. No on screen display when trying to use Apple TV remote to change volume. Is there any way to fix it?

    submitted by /u/matrix0683
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI Passthrough Problems

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Hi all. I just picked up an Apple TV 4K and am having problems with an HDMI pass through.

    My TV isn't actually a TV - it's a 50" LG commercial digital monitor from work, but it worked flawlessly with my old Apple TV and my PS4. The problem is it has no speakers so I use a sound bar (Samsung HW-F450).

    My old solution with both the Apple TV and the PS4 was to run optical audio from the device to soundbar, and HDMI from device to TV. Then Apple TV 4K's only have HDMI and there's my issue.

    I'm running an HDMI from the Apple TV to the HDMI IN port on soundbar, and another from the soundbar HDMI OUT to the TV. No signal is detected.

    I've tried each cable from the Apple TV to the TV and both work fine for the picture, so it's not the cable. The soundbar supports passthrough, as does the Apple TV, so I feel stuck. Any advice??

    submitted by /u/adrh84
    [link] [comments]

    Still no 4K on my YouTube app

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Anyone else having this issue? I deleted the app and reinstalled it, and still no 4K option.

    submitted by /u/pjedi80
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel