• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    Apple Help Left my macbook on my desk for about 2 minutes to use the restroom and I came back to the screen looking like this. I have never dropped it or anything. I tried shutting it down and restarting but that didn’t fix anything

    Apple Help Left my macbook on my desk for about 2 minutes to use the restroom and I came back to the screen looking like this. I have never dropped it or anything. I tried shutting it down and restarting but that didn’t fix anything


    Left my macbook on my desk for about 2 minutes to use the restroom and I came back to the screen looking like this. I have never dropped it or anything. I tried shutting it down and restarting but that didn’t fix anything

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    Will Apple services fix my laptop if I tried to fix it myself

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Back in March when everything was shut down shut down I my laptop battery was doing incredibly poorly and since I was doing classes online (and needed programs non of my relatives had) I decided to order a space battery and one of those kits with the tools to replace it yourself. I don't think I put the battery in correctly as I am now dealing with more battery issues (it says service battery which I know it can wait to be replaced but again the battery doesn't hold much and I'm again in online classes and need it to hold a charge). Since I know it was very likely an issue of me putting it in wrong I want to take it in and get fixed by people who know what they're doing. I just don't know if they'll take it since I tried to fix it myself. If it matters it's out of warrant anyways so it can't affect that I just need to know if it's worth trying to bring up (because I have very little spare time because again, online classes, and don't want to waste it)

    submitted by /u/blazechime
    [link] [comments]

    Not receiving any notifications on my iPhone

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I haven't been able to receive any notifications on my iPhone 8 plus since yesterday. So, I only get my WhatsApp messages when I open the app. Same for my Gmail. I'm running iOS ver 14.1. Even when using WhatsApp web, the messages on my browser (chrome/Windows 10) only get sent and received when my app is open on my iPhone.

    As of now, I've tried restarting my phone and resetting all settings. Turned off bedtime mode and toggled do not disturb on and back off as well. I don't receive the notifications on my apple watch when I'm wearing it. When taken off, phone doesn't beep either. Calls can come through fine.

    Would appreciate any help. Thank you!

    Edit: Just noticed that unlocking my iPhone doesn't automatically unlock my watch like it usually does.

    submitted by /u/dioprem
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi Calling Question

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    So I just moved into a new apartment and it has absolutely zero cell reception. Inside the apartment I am completely unable to make calls or receive incoming calls. I find out after speaking to my neighbor in the unit next to me that the only way to make calls in our section of the building is to enable wifi calling. I enabled it and it worked, but then it seems to eventually sometimes revert back to cell signal instead of wifi and will no longer work, even though wifi calling is still enabled. I can tell it is doing this as I can't make calls when ever the top left corner of my phone says verizon or verizon lte, but can make calls whenever it says vzw wi-fi. How can I make it so it is constantly using wifi calling as supposed to cell service in the apartment. I've been told I can turn off cellular data but this is a less than optimal solution for me as I will constantly forget to turn it back on when I leave. Any and all help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/freelancemusician12
    [link] [comments]

    What iPad gen is this? And is it legit because I can’t read the serial #

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    2011 MBP Fans Issue

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    So I bought this MacBook listed as used and I encounter a strange issue. So I replaced the battery and the fans are always running high enough for me to hear them. However they will have random burts where they are just going as fast as possible. Then they will go back to slow. How can I fix this? I have SMU reset multiple times and have done PRAM resets as well. Activity monitor will show random CPU increase but they are never consistent. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Omie454
    [link] [comments]

    Did I purchase stolen airpods/case?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    So I purchased "new in box" Airpod Pros on Mercari and everything is going fine, as they came today. I ran the serial code on the case on the Apple verification page and it gave me the code "item has been replaced", but when I ran the serial code for the airpods itself, everything was legit and they're even covered under the limited warranty until the end of the month. Does this simply mean that the case the Airpods were in is not the original case? Are they possibly stolen? I just want to know if I should return the item or if I'm okay using the case it came with.

    EDIT: after reading the apple website article on serial #s for airports, I realize that airpod pros have a different serial number than the case, but i'm still confused as to why the case serial # is flagging.

    submitted by /u/cretrop
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring media to IPad Pro from Samsung T5 SSD

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Hoping someone can help! I am not very techie in rewriting my ssd or anything but I am having an issue where I am trying to copy videos / photos from my Samsung T5 SSD to my iPad Pro to eventually use in Luna fusion. When I select videos to copy over I find out that not all videos are copied over and there is no warning. Since I shoot a lot of vids it's hard to figure out which did not copy and which did so I look to totally selected for transfer to what's been transferred over.

    Anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks you!

    submitted by /u/boarderguy1411
    [link] [comments]

    Text Message read status across devices.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I've got an iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Watch 6, iPad Pro and a MacBook Pro. Every device is running the latest available public release.

    iMessage and text messages sync fine across all the devices ... except if I read a text on any device it will show as unread on the rest of my devices. It's been an issue for a few months but it's getting tiring.

    Chatting with a friend over text on my phone. Look at my watch: 67 unread messages. Click it and it's the conversation with my friend and I'm the last to reply. Open my MacBook ... 67 unread messages. Same on the iPad.

    I've tried disabling text message sync. Rebooting my devices. I just dunno anymore.

    submitted by /u/TheKrs1
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 13" Early 2014 | Internal mic does not work, but dictation do!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    So, I have this problem for quite a few years now. Somewhere back in time my internal mic stopped working for some reason. I took my MB Air to the Genius bar and the answer was that they had to replace the logic board. That was around USD 200 in parts, + USD 200 more in service (i don't recall the exact numbers, but something absurd like that).

    Since I mostly used headphones with built-in mics, I never bothered. Kept using it like nothing. Then one day, I realized dictation still worked, and it is using the internal mic.

    So I reinstalled the OS, thinking it could be something I did. Nothing. So I tried clearing PRAM and NVRAM. Again, nothing. Then I went nuclear and erased the HD from Recovery and reinstalled the OS. Absolutely nothing.

    The thing that bugs me the most is that DICTATION WORKS. And it works well, too! But the mic does not pick sound anywhere else on the system.

    When in the sound preferences panel, if I tap on a VERY specific spot, on the small hole further from the charging port on the side of the computer, it DOES register the taps as sound. And if I scream like a horny monkey directly at it, it DOES register very faint words that needs to be played at max volume and still sound like I am whispering from 10 bananas away.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/aleguiss
    [link] [comments]

    I bought my iPhone 12 @ Apple w/ a trade-in and they’ll be sending me a box to ship my old iPhone back to them. Can I take it to an Apple Store instead of mailing it back?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    Apple Airpod Pros Making Strange Noises

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    My airpod pros have been making strange noises.

    The first is a crackling from bass/low frequencies noises happening around me such as a car or bus revving it's engine, when I speak, or even stomping on hollow ground. Also can happen when bass plays on the airpods coming through when I play music.

    And the second is most comparable to almost like a humming sound when a metal pipe or a wine glass vibrates when it's tapped. It doesn't sound identical but imagine that sound on an airpod sized scale. If I tap the airpod it'll make that type of sound, or it'll even happen just from me putting them in my ear.

    They both go away sometimes but always come back. Also usually happen in either Noise Cancellation mode or transparency mode. I have nooooo clue what the problem could be.

    submitted by /u/cterreson
    [link] [comments]

    Safari won't open, since I rebooted.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    Tried restoring Safari with Time Machine and it wouldn't work (didn't save the message).

    Safari is no longer a separate item in the App Store, so I can't download it either. Tried renaming a couple of Preference files, but that had no effect either. I guess I am stuck using Firefox until the next MacOS update to Safari.

    https://preview.redd.it/5tfuwdnxhku51.png?width=242&format=png&auto=webp&s=2bcf3d9f17ac970a3c593427c27eac3f49210399

    submitted by /u/JonathanSwift_FL
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know if this is a software issue with the AirPod pro? It doesn’t happen with my old airpods only the new ones and sometimes causes my phone to freeze (iPhoneXS MAX)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    2019 MacBook Pro won’t power on

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    I was playing a steam video game on a windows partition on my MacBook Pro (2019). All of a sudden the screen flashed black 3 times then went black. Not like it has power but it's black, like it's a black screen with no sign of power. It won't turn on but when I plug it in it makes the charging noise. I've tried all the restarts (safe mode) (reset smc) etc etc and it won't show any sign of having power. Since the crash occurred while in a windows partition do I need to do anything different then I normally would if it crashed while on ios.

    submitted by /u/jgiroux4
    [link] [comments]

    Music playing even when it's not on device?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have a question regarding playing music through the Apple watch. So I have the non-cellular apple watch and was doing some testing around where wifi, was off, not connected to my phone and I don't have any music stored on my device yet with all that I'm still able to play music. I have posted screenshots below for your reference. The only music I can play are the one with the cloud icon however I don't have apple music and I'm not connected to any source of internet. Can someone explain the reason for this?

    (this is what I see when I go into music's app on my apple watch)

    (An example of what I mean by the cloud image; here you can see the song \"Alive\" having that icon but no other song has this. I can play this song yes)

    (Able to play music even though I don't have any stored on the device)

    submitted by /u/deathtoy101
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do if I want to use Hide My Email? (Screen after choosing Sign In with Apple on eBay)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    Why am I getting a Google Cloud Print dialogue?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I just turned on my printer and got a Google Cloud print dialogue asking if I want to set it up. Although installed, I do not have Chrome running on this machine, nor on any of my other machines connected to my appleid or on my network. OMM 10.14.6.

    More importantly, what do I need to delete to get rid of Google's spyware?

    submitted by /u/davesoverhere
    [link] [comments]

    iPod iflash issues 64gb card not working

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    So before I was using 3 32gig sd cards and that worked great but it wouldn't play flac files so I decided to get 2 64gig as cards that were faster and now it won't work it will go to the restore screen for a second after I format them them I get the sad pod. I thought it was because it wasn't formatted in fat32 but after I formatted it into fat32 it did the exact same thing. I'm using Sandisk extreme plus 32 gig sd cards and a iflash quad on a 5th gen iPod classic. I was able to get into the diag menus for a second and checked the drive info and it said I had 97 gigs of storage which checks out but everything else wouldn't work. Now it's in a boot loop. Thanks any advice would help a lot

    submitted by /u/jason-barter
    [link] [comments]

    If I delete images on laptop will they disappear on my phone?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    So I don't remember ever linking my phone to my laptop or anything and I used to not get my images from my phone on my laptop. But just now I went on my laptop and my pictures are on my laptop. They weren't there yesterday and I haven't used it since yesterday so I'm confused. If I delete the pictures off my laptop will they delete off my phone too?? If so, is there a way to make it so I can delete them off my laptop (MacBook Air) but keep them on my phone (iPhone 6)??

    submitted by /u/Cluckcluckchickenboi
    [link] [comments]

    Does connecting a time machine hard drive to a new macbook remove the old time machine backups?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    I connected a time machine external hard drive to a new macbook and set it up to use that as a time machine and when I went to the time machine, I only see the new states from today. The hard drive still says about the same size is taken up, so I'm thinking the old backups are somewhere on there.

    submitted by /u/FirePowerCR
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music Problem — Does anyone else experience this?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    In the settings on my iphone,under “Name,Phone Number,Email” and under “Reachable At” it only shows one email address,which is my apple id,what if i were to remove it?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Under "reachable at" in the names,phone number and email settings on my iphone it shows a number and a phone number under it,the email address ends in gmail.com and under it,it says "apple id" if i click edit it allows me to remove the email,would doing that delete or change my apple id? what exactly will happen or will it not let me change it since its the only email on my apple id?

    submitted by /u/WhereWeDroppinMales
    [link] [comments]

    my screen time was extremely high today so i got confused and checked it out, only to find it showing that i spent over 7 hours on a random safari website. i dont use safari ever and i have verizon, not t-mobile. is this a normal bug or should i be worried about this? (iphone 7, ios 14.0.1)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel