• Breaking News

    Monday, September 28, 2020

    macOS Just noticed that in the last few releases, Apple improved on the hideous FaceTime and Messages icon.

    macOS Just noticed that in the last few releases, Apple improved on the hideous FaceTime and Messages icon.


    Just noticed that in the last few releases, Apple improved on the hideous FaceTime and Messages icon.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    Reminders app. This is annoying, Apple.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Just discovered that you get a lot more info about these interfaces if you press on Wi-Fi & Bluetooth symbol + option

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    bluetooth requires manual connection for specific headphones only

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    posted this over on apple forums without any response yet.. thought perhaps I could check here for advice

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251844292?page=1

    gist is, for this one pair of headphones, after they autoconnect they get disconnected right away, then I have to manually press connect in bluetooth bar.

    for my other headphones this is not an issue.. logs are in above post

    thanks

    submitted by /u/dj_elo
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I restart my Mac I get this. What may be the cause ? I don’t have any external devices nor have issues accessing my files

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    Can someone help me? This glitch always happen at that moment only on macos, windows works great and if I connect external monitor the internal mac monitor works

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    Photo preview works soooooo loooooong

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    MBP 16"

    File size: 1.1 Mb

    OS: Big Sur Beta 8

    https://reddit.com/link/j182a9/video/dpuiopbgjup51/player

    submitted by /u/scratt007
    [link] [comments]

    LG Monitor 35wn75c for MacBook Pro 16"

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Hi, I am considering this monitor : https://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-35wn75c for a MacBook Pro 16"

    But in the description, it says :

    "For Thunderbolt™ 3-enabled Mac such as MacBook Pro, the maximum resolution and full system charging are not supported when USB Type-C™ is connected."

    I don't really get it.

    The Power Delivery is 94w and so can charge the MacBook Pro 16", but does it mean I will have to use a second port to connect to DisplayPort or something?

    I thought I could connect just one usb-c cable

    submitted by /u/erralb
    [link] [comments]

    Abnormally high Daily Average Screen Time for websites. Is it broken, or should I be concerned? (62hr daily average)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    System Preferences → Screen Time → App Limits

    I noticed a few websites were over 24 hours in the "Daily Average" column.

    Here they are:

    Website Daily Average Notes
    plex.tv 62h 38min. Used for local NAS
    (hidden for privacy).cloudfont.net 43h 19min. Loads indefinitely
    (WordPress theme site) 21h 2min. Not used anywhere locally
    upload.wikimedia.org 14h 6min. Used for Wiki sites (Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikimedia Commons), but I don't spend that much time, especially not uploading (I realise that I don't necessarily have to be "uploading" content for it to be connected, but there is no actual domain there instead)
    (NAS' manufacturers download server; .com) 13h 45min.
    (NAS' local IP address) 13h 20min. I guess this number is from Time Machine; I use my NAS for Time Machine backups, it has to be connected to my MacBook Pro (via Finder login)
    video.(location).fbcdn.net 11h 18min. Used for Facebook's video content delivery network (CDN)
    (my website) 8h 46min. Even though I spend a lot of time working on the site, I do not spend an average of 8 hours on it

    The websites listed after this seem a bit more normal. However some are still at high daily average numbers, and are probably more accurate as a weekly average. And it's obviously impossible for the first two websites as they both exceed 24 hours...

    Is Screen Time tracking completely broken on macOS, or is something going on behind the scenes?


    Edit 1: For to mention I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73)

    submitted by /u/SleepingSicarii
    [link] [comments]

    Spaces, Two Screens and Catalina

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    I'm using 5 different spaces on my MacMini (Catalina) with two screens. When the Mac wakes up from standby, all App-Windows on all spaces are on the left screen, don't matter if I put them on the left or right screen when the Mac went to standby. Any idea how I can change this behavior?

    submitted by /u/10vorne
    [link] [comments]

    How can I make different keyboards interact with each other on MacOS?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Hi r/MacOS

    I'm having a bit of a problem. I've set up a left handed mouse with modifier keys. On my Windows PC, this does exactly what you'd expect. You press shift on the mouse and a letter on the keyboard, and you get the uppercase character. You press ctrl on the mouse and v on the keyboard, and you paste. I've done this because I type with my right hand. My fingers on my left hand can get very painful from having to move around a lot, so typing isn't good for them.

    Unfortunately on Mac, the modifier keys on the mouse only affect the other keys on the mouse itself. In the same vain, using shift on the keyboard doesn't affect the mouse keys at all. How can I remove this weird incongruity between the boards? I hope that there's a way.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ruais
    [link] [comments]

    Charging Sound

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys! So I just finished changing the standard apple chime, when you connect and disconnect your charger, to personalized sounds on my iPhone with the new update. I was wondering if this can be done with my mac as well? I tried looking up videos but to no avail. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/stickintothefloor
    [link] [comments]

    Weird screen after I woke up. And I’m working on my dissertation to be submitted in a week’s time :( HELP!!!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    Recurring system.log process: "com.apple.dpd: Service exited with abnormal code: 75" - Catalina 10.15.7

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Hey ya'll,

    I've been trying to remove this weird recurring process that happens every second in my system.log:

    Sep 27 23:45:12 User-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.dpd[1749]): Service exited with abnormal code: 75 Sep 27 23:45:12 User-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.dpd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds. 

    It'll also randomly throw this SIGKILL message:

    Sep 27 23:51:14 User-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.mdworker.shared.05000000-0200-0000-0000-000000000000[2434]): Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by mds[122] 

    I've tried a few things so far: 1. Disabled SIP in recovery mode, ran sudo mount -uw / in terminal after booting and removed the com.apple.dpd.plist file from System/Library/LaunchDaemons 2. Re-formatted my hard drive and did a fresh install of Catalina. Repeated the above step.

    I've been Googling non-stop so has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RealityTunnelBob
    [link] [comments]

    Had this happen after installing the newest Catalina update. Any ideas? Tried resetting the smc, rebooting, no change? Late 2017 13 inch.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    muesli/duf: Disk usage utility (Linux, BSD & macOS)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    Safari 14 & Reddit Scrolling Stutter

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    I realise that safari has always had a bit of stutter when it comes to scrolling on reddit, heck even started a thread about it previously.

    However since safari v14 dropped several days ago, the stuttering whilst reddit scrolling is notably worse than v13 was.

    Chrome & Firefox have no such stuttering issues. Anyone else noticed this since v14? Any workarounds to alleviate said stuttering?

    Im currently rocking the base model MacBook Pro 2020

    submitted by /u/coffeesurfers
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet has a self assigned IP address

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Hi guys

    I recently bought a new house that was prewired with ethernet. This weekend I researched how to make the all work so I bought a switch & hooked them all up. The location of my router prevents me from plugging it directly into the switch but I have it plugged in to the ethernet port near it which I read should be fine. After setting up the switch I go to test the connection via one of the ethernet ports I connected on the switch.

    Ethernet is showing "Connected" but with a yellow dot and it says:

    "Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet."

    I have tried researching it on my own and tried a number of things to fix it but nothing I have been able to do so far has worked. I am somewhat tech savvy but networking of this nature is new to me so please try to explain it to me like i'm 5.

    Wifi works fine. The ethernet cord and port on my computer are fine as it works when plug directly into the router. Also FWIW I have ATT fiber and I have to use their modem/router combo mode BGW320-500.

    Any ideas and solutions are much appreciated!

    Thanks.

    Edit: Not sure if relevant but I noticed when I plug in my laptop directly to the modem/router it blinks on the port I plugged it into. The ethernet connection running from the router to the wall doesn't blink.

    submitted by /u/pdilme92
    [link] [comments]

    Does MacOS auto-update non app store apps?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    I'm quite new to MacOS and I use this editor called Shotcut. They put updates frequently and it's quite a hassle visiting the site to find new updates, then download the whole package and install it manually.

    Is there a way I can auto-update apps in MacOS that are not from the app store?

    submitted by /u/EuniQue0704
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina 10.15.17 respects your wallpaper as login screen wallpaper

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    Catalina 10.15.17 respects your wallpaper as login screen wallpaper

    Since I updated to Catalina I hated to see catalina's default wallpaper on the login screen after boot up, after updating to 10.15.17 saw consistency with my wallpaper in the login screen, went to check apple's update log if this was a "new" feature (it was normal in Mojave) but found nothing about it, I don't like to use those third party apps like onyx and didn't want to turn off the SIP (System Integrity Protection), so, you think this is a feature or a bug?

    https://preview.redd.it/vct3pwqegpp51.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=889e8eb4c83f39d229ea1c2e8a17ea7da7d53a8b

    submitted by /u/slDavey
    [link] [comments]

    So my Time Machine is full and it's no longer backing up my macbook even though it says oldest backups will be deleted when the desk becomes full. Any ideas? The Time Machine is a shared drive connected to my mac mini backing up all other devices.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    Remote manager issue

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Hey I bought a Mac from an auction and it won't let me set it up because it has a remote management from the place I bought it from. Anyway to like factory reset this?

    submitted by /u/foxandbearcams
    [link] [comments]

    What does "nightly" mean in the end of some packages for Homebrew?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    packages' names*

    submitted by /u/morty92222
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel