• Breaking News

    Monday, September 28, 2020

    Apple TV I had my AppleTV for over a year now, but the Music preview haven’t changed since then. I had multiple updates, including tvOS 14. Is this Billie Eilish will ever be replaced?

    Apple TV I had my AppleTV for over a year now, but the Music preview haven’t changed since then. I had multiple updates, including tvOS 14. Is this Billie Eilish will ever be replaced?


    I had my AppleTV for over a year now, but the Music preview haven’t changed since then. I had multiple updates, including tvOS 14. Is this Billie Eilish will ever be replaced?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    YouTube (dumpster fire) app updates. Feel free to add!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    Please keep this to the ATV app - perhaps another thread can be started for all Airplay to ATV issues.

    Just noticed this morning the in-video link position was fixed and thought a running-tally thread might not be a bad idea.

    As of 27 Sep 2020:

    1. 4K on ATV: not working
    2. Keyboard support on ATV: not working
    3. In-video link positioning (at end of videos): fixed

    Feel free to add your own a time goes on.

    Edits (I'll do my best to add here as users comment):

    1. u/d53197 - swipe-down control stutter: not fixed
    2. u/jim0thy - side-bar menu items missing: not updated
    3. u/oryan_dunn - long-press video for playlist addition: not updated
    4. u/vswr - YT player frustrations with HomePod and AirPod as audio source: not fixed
    5. u/GoldenChaos - No PiP support: not updated
    6. u/oryan_dunn & u/iDavid956 - logical behaviour for TV button: not updated
    7. u/Ranutso - easier way to like videos: not updated
    submitted by /u/Nyctobello
    [link] [comments]

    ATV4K navigation lag - tried everything. Looking for more suggestions.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    So, as with many people who have posted previously, I started having navigation lag after getting a new TV (Sony x900H). Things that I have tried:

    Replaced my HDMI cables with Monoprice 48mbps ones. Downgraded video to 4K SDR from Dolby Vision. Used shielded Ethernet cable. Run off wifi instead of Ethernet. Connected TV to Ethernet and disabled its wifi connection. Moved ATV away from its position to another area in the cabinet.

    No change in any meaningful way. Anyone have any other suggestions? Grasping at straws here.

    submitted by /u/xeenexus
    [link] [comments]

    I was given a free year of apple tv+ for an iPhone I didn't buy

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    I turned on my Apple TV and it immediately welcomed me to my free year of Apple TV+ that came with my new iPhone purchase.

    First of all, I didn't get a new iPhone and already had a free year that came with the 2019 MacBook Air I got in January.

    What happened? Was this just a fluke?

    submitted by /u/woundtighter
    [link] [comments]

    Can no longer hold Play button to change audio settings

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    [Solved] Since recent updates, I can no longer hold Play/Pause button on any of my Apple TV in my house to quickly change airplay audio/bluetooth outputs.

    submitted by /u/noncoolguy
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here use a soundbar via Bluetooth?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    looking at some relatively budget soundbars, and a lot of them on amazon are offering bluetooth 5.0.

    the soundbar would primarily be used to stream audio to for movies and tv shows but im not sure how good this will be in terms of audio delay.

    anyone here had any experience with this?

    thank you!

    submitted by /u/georgeward800
    [link] [comments]

    Apple 4K TV network issues after tvOS 14

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Ever since my Apple TV updated to tvOS 14 and now 14.0.1 I have been having wifi issues. I have to restart my Apple TV every time it loses connection. I have already performed a factory reset. Even changed to a different router. Any ideas besides running Ethernet across the house? Anyone else having issues?

    submitted by /u/hdt5456
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon Prime Video X-ray broken with tvOS 14

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    I can't use X-ray since tvOS 14 anymore. The upswipe gesture does nothing. Is this a common issue with tvOS 14

    submitted by /u/JoeTechnical
    [link] [comments]

    HELP

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    My YouTube app for my Apple TV is not working. Every time I pause a video the whole app freezes and I am unable to even exit the app nor use any other feature once the freeze occurs. I tried everything I could, but nothing seems to work

    submitted by /u/Officervito
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had any success controlling their internal tv speakers (not sound bars) with HDMI CEC instead of infrared with the Siri remote? Can’t figure it out.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    I can't figure this out for the life of me. I'm able to do this when I connect a sound bar, and I can control the volume via HDMI CEC which I prefer so that way I don't necessarily have to point the remote at the tv, and so I can control the volume from my iPhone, but when I try using the tv internal speakers, Apple TV only gives me the option to do infrared. Unfortunately unless I can find a fix I'm going to have to not use my sound bar anymore bc there is an audio delay issue with my tv and I can't fix that, plus the tv speakers are just about as good. I have a Samsung Q60t and also a LG UM7300 and I can't figure out how to do this. Has anyone been able to get this to work for them?

    submitted by /u/alpacapoop
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Atmos is On, but Stopped Working

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    I noticed yesterday the AVR is not showing Dolby Atmos when playing in Netflix even though the app detected Dolby Atmos and showed both, Solby Vision and Atmos in movie details. I then tested by playing a Dolby Atmos track in Tidal and it showed "Playing stereo because this device doesn't support Dolby Atmos." It definitely worked a couple of days ago, perhaps before the latest 14.2 update.

    I ended up resetting the Apple TV to factory settings, changed the HDMI cable and ports, set everything up again, turned on Dolby Atmos, it shows it's on, but none of the apps detect Dolby Atmos. Now Netflix shows DD5.1 only and the same message pops up in Tidal when playing Dolby Atmos track.

    Unfortunately I don't have any other device to test, but am pretty sure the fault is within the Apple TV, or I might be wrong. Has there been any bug with the recent updates? Can anyone help troubleshoot please? I spent more than 4 hours yesterday trying to find an answer on the net without success.

    submitted by /u/yoghovnam
    [link] [comments]

    Apple tv 4K and jbl bar 5.1

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    I have an Apple tv 3 connected to my jbl bar 5.1 connected to my tv trough arc. Works great. But I want to upgrade to Apple TV 4 and got a box. I just changed the boxes and I get no picture on Apple TV 4K. I have tried to change cables and ports both on the sound at and the tv. No picture on tv 4 but still picture on tv 3 when I swap back. Anyone got any ideas?

    submitted by /u/laffe70
    [link] [comments]

    magic remote control AppleTV 4K?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    trying to use my lg magic remote to control the atv 4k. i don't expect the cursor control thing to work [tho that'd be super cool if it did] but i would like the in-remote mic to work so i can be done with the back and forth with the on screen keyboard. how successful have you been with the magic remote?

    submitted by /u/ekkthree
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of this?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    This QR code appears on my Apple TV at startup lately and will not go away. The app itself is in the AppStore but I haven't downloaded it to any devices. AppleTV 4K.

    submitted by /u/tripsteur
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel