• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 27, 2020

    Apple Macbook Looking to sell my MBP 13" 2016 4 Thunderbolts, suggestions on a fair price?

    Apple Macbook Looking to sell my MBP 13" 2016 4 Thunderbolts, suggestions on a fair price?


    Looking to sell my MBP 13" 2016 4 Thunderbolts, suggestions on a fair price?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    So don't get me wrong, I love my MBP and it still works beautifully. It has a "basically" new battery, logic board, and keyboard due to the well known butterfly keyboard problem (sent it in to apple and they replaced what I said above). I used it for my last 3 years of college and I graduated a few months ago. I find myself not really using it for much other than YouTube and browsing the web. I take care of my stuff and the MBP essentially still looks brand new, I even still have the box somewhere around my house, charging brick is a bit scratched up and original cable is also a bit dated, but literally all still works. I usually sell stuff through the Facebook market place and OfferUp but I really don't know where to place the price for this MacBook. Also, I apologize if this sort of question doesn't belong here, didn't know where else to post.

    MBP Details

    MBP 13" 2016, 4 Thunderbolts 3 ports, Touch Bar w/ Touch ID

    Model: A1706

    Storage: 256GB

    Processor: 2.9GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

    RAM: 8GB

    Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536MB

    OS: macOS Catalina 10.15.6

    submitted by /u/xM3llow
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite screen size, 11.6" MacBook Air 2011

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Do macbooks in 2020 have dual channel memory?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    Since they are soldered in first place. do apple opt for dual channel in all its lineups including macbook air 8 Gig versions. Thanks

    submitted by /u/sandeepreydi
    [link] [comments]

    My hard drive got re-formatted on a different operating system is there any way I can get all my files back??

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    My dad stupidly used my western digital external hard drive to download a windows update on his laptop without asking me and now I'm trying to reformat it on my Mac without losing my files. Right now in Disk Utility it says there's only 35gigs on it when it's a 2 TB hard drive. Everything I had on it is gone. The format is MS-DOS (FAT32). Can I reformat it back to what it was and recover all my files that were on it? PLEASE HELP!!!

    submitted by /u/lakeshow97
    [link] [comments]

    Pro/16"/2019 i9 - Occasional browser rendering issues returning from sleep

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Pro/16"/2019 i9 - Occasional browser rendering issues returning from sleep

    Occasionally I'm finding that when I return my macbook from sleep all of my browsers look quite messed up, this can be Edge, it can be Wavebox, or even Safari. I suspect this is an issue concerning the GPU or the handling of the GPU but no amount of restarting the processes fixes it, I have to reboot the entire mac to make it work.

    Some quick stats:

    • MacOS 10.15.5
    • MBP 16" i9 2019
    • Dedicated GPU - AMD
    • 16GB of Ram - often heavily utilized.
    • USB-C -> HDMI -> TV as a primary monitor

    Has anyone had this? Is it a known flaw with MacOS, or something else more sinister altogether? Thanks in advance!

    https://preview.redd.it/bbo8nz3iusp51.png?width=1458&format=png&auto=webp&s=fda4495d1270e1eb574973732784302549b7f5ec

    submitted by /u/hlince
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook and minecraft

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    Was thinking of getting a MacBook for Christmas. The main thing I want my laptop for is to play minecraft and school work. Does minecraft run smoothly on MacBooks?

    Just to clarify: I'm not technical at all so In simple terms would be very helpful

    submitted by /u/sweetlemon1738
    [link] [comments]

    Digital optical output

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    So apperantly on my mac the headphones jack went to s*** im wondering is it anyway to disable auto changing output via kext?

    submitted by /u/Primozcf
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor for MacBook Air 2020

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    I love my MacBook,but after using it, I noticed that my current Matte anti-gloss monitor (held together with tape) is actually lower quality than my glossy IPS monitor. I did a brief Google search and found so many options. When I look up MacBook in the title, the HP IPS $140 shows up. But quite honestly I don't know if the monitor will have that sort of gloss quality I like with my MacBook. Anyone with an equally strong opinion? Thanks!

    Notes:

    • I work on a computer all day at my remote job.
    • Anyone use BenQ?
    submitted by /u/dwarfdefender
    [link] [comments]

    True pain. Just slapped my mbp with a metal spanner thingie. Just a small chip out of the screen thank god.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Silver bezel

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    Received a MacBook Air 2017 from work .... these thick silver bezels are kinda irritating to look at as m used to the black bezels on MbP ... is there a way to make them black can't paint 🎨 so that's not an option.

    submitted by /u/unfairand
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any downsides of customizing a Macbook Air to have an i5 processor with 16 GB of RAM?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    Would it not be the same as having a Macbook pro with those specs? Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/Exhibit_A_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Charge/revive dead MacBook Pro 2015 with Powerbank - failed

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    Macbook Pro 2020 Backlight bleedings

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Macbook Pro 2020 Backlight bleedings

    I recently noticed that my new macbook pro 2020 has distinctive and uneven backlight bleeding (images attached)

    do you guys think it's normal? since the macbook still using LED display, but i dont recall that apple macbooks have this kind quality display though

    https://preview.redd.it/actrlh6gnpp51.jpg?width=1536&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=63a69de9b155158c911cc2338b68be8f1500426d

    https://preview.redd.it/o3dy459gnpp51.jpg?width=2048&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=77d32c35eea353105af9c559423085cc6af36c28

    submitted by /u/badpuccini
    [link] [comments]

    Wife is thinking of buying either 2020 Pro vs Air - help?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    My wife's 2017 Air went kaput recently (well, the display did and it wasn't worth it to fix). My wife uses her computer this way:

    -not really an intense computer user - typical internet/streaming usage -having everything open/multiple things open at same time -light/video editing - minor amount -putting the computer through closing the screen but not shutting down.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/RivetCounter
    [link] [comments]

    Are the ARM powered Macbooks going to be cheaper than the intel powered macbooks?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    I was wondering if it was worth waiting for ARM macbooks and a reduce in price is even more incentive to wait for ARM ones. Does anybody know if the price is going to be dropped too? Specifically for 16 GB RAM laptops with good processors.

    submitted by /u/blessboi123
    [link] [comments]

    500€ budget: Which, second hand, Macbook should i pick?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    Hey there guys! I need a Macbook for my everyday browsing On the internet. I do like the Macbook 12 because it is ultrasmall, and ultraportable, and I do also love the fact it is very thin! The heaviest thing I could do on it, it is Photoshop, Final Cut pro, photo and video editing (1080p)

    Should I take it? Here, In italy, I could get a second hand:

    - MB 12 2015 --> 450€

    - MB 12 2016 --> 550€

    - MB 12 2017 --> 650€

    - MBAir 2018 --> 700€

    - MBAir 2019 --> 900€

    - MBPro 13 2016 --> 800€ (This one I had in the past from a friend for a week to test it. It game me absurd eye strain. I dont know why! I had also a 12.9 2015 Ipad Pro and no issue with that!!!)

    Which one should i pick?

    submitted by /u/crepuscopoli
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook AIR or PRO?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    I want to buy a macbook, but I dont know which one is better. I am a business student and I tend to have a lot of zoom calls. On top of that I have a lot of downloaded files and assignments every week.

    My problem is that I want to be able to carry my laptop with me, on trips, from one house to another, for studying in a library etc. and I've heard that the PRO is really heavy.

    Which one whould you reccomend?

    submitted by /u/thisismariamab
    [link] [comments]

    Maximum resolution on MBA MQD32?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    what is the maximum resolution I can get with a macbook air 2017 (MQD32) with HDMI or DisplayPort?

    i want to buy wide external monitor with resolution 2560 x 1080, is it possible?

    submitted by /u/fikfog34
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel