• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 22, 2020

    macOS Microsoft is using macOS in its native Windows 10 Tips app

    macOS Microsoft is using macOS in its native Windows 10 Tips app


    Microsoft is using macOS in its native Windows 10 Tips app

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    How do people use a mouse and trackpad at the same time? I tried it but I don't get it. Does it fit some sort of niche workflow?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    Update on turning macOS Mojave into Mavericks: I finally have system-wide Mavericks UI! Along with a new Siri icon!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Any on MacOS Big Sur with any experience how it runs on a working machine?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    Any on MacOS Big Sur with any experience how it runs on a working machine?

    submitted by /u/exilen
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Not Available

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    Earlier today I was using my Mac perfectly fine I had my AirPods connected and they were working fine. I went back to use it later and now it says "Bluetooth Unavailable" I've done a google search and tried a few things but I can't figure it out. I'm on Catalina. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Vannzilla
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with the keyboard. “O” and “L” automatically add coma suddenly, so : ó and l’. I can’t do anything like this. Writing from my phone.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    all of a sudden this happens. It also started writing kommas '''''' by itself for a moment ?

    Edit: now the"L" started writing by itself too.

    submitted by /u/derailedunicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on the "Folder with Question Mark"

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    Recently been having trouble booting up my iMac, running into the Folder with the Question Mark.

    Is this a sign that its time is almost up?
    Should I get a new Mac? How long should I expect until it dies?

    Or is this just a minor problem that can be overlooked?

    Thanks for your help in advance!

    (My iMac is a late 2013 model)

    https://i.redd.it/jrtmrkar27c51.jpg

    submitted by /u/callmecutiepie
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a Calendar widget in Big Sur?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    I'm anxiously hoping that there will be a calendar widget. For years, I've wanted to see Apple add a drop down mini calendar when clicking on the date/time in the menu bar on top of screen. But that's never happened. Could someone with the Big Sur beta confirm whether or not there is finally a calendar widget either in the notifications sidebar or in the menu bar? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/cercant01
    [link] [comments]

    How can I fix this? It is fine on other user accounts.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    homed high cpu usage

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    I have 100% usage on homed constantly. everytime i login i have to kill the process or my computer is laggy and fans go full blast. What can I do? I do have homekit but it's not actively being used on this mac at all.

    submitted by /u/zvekl
    [link] [comments]

    Does OS Catalina work on Macbook pro mid 2012?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    13" Core i5 4gb ram and 120gb ssd. Will it run smoothly on the new OS?

    submitted by /u/pullupskrrr
    [link] [comments]

    Weird "local state" file

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Hi all, I just have a quick question. usually a "local state" file will open and show where it came from and how you can find it. But today there was a second "local state" file, which is somewhat odd, and there was no folder that it was located in at all. When I clicked to open it, I got the message:

    "The alias "Local State" can't be opened because the original item can't be found."

    Why does this happen? I wasn't using my computer when this file was made, so I'm curious as to why this occurred and what it all means. I just want to make sure my mac is running fine

    submitted by /u/freelandismydad
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find .dmg files for GarageBand? (legally or otherwise)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Title says it all, I need the .dmg file for the latest version of GarageBand I can find. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/holodayinexpress
    [link] [comments]

    I can't click on anything when the screen turns on? So I can't log on, any ideas why this might be? This mac is from 2009 ish and hasn't been turned on in a few years (hope its ok to post here)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    MUSIC - Albums and Artists split into multiples! Anyone else getting this?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    So I have some albums that will be split in two with different songs for each. Same with artists, I will have 2 identical artists and each with different songs and albums. I always thought it had to do with different metadata, so I would make sure it was all the same. Sometimes it would still be split and duplicate. What then worked was for me to rename both albums/artists to something different by adding a character, then changing it all back without extra character and then voila it was combined properly.

    I was satisfied this method would be a solution but now what it is doing is after I have combined it via the renaming twice method I just mentioned, it all looks good, then I close music, and relaunch and all these albums and artists I just fixed will be separate and duplicate again!

    I can't be the only one this is happening to. This isn't some new issue, its been going on for years on various MAC OS's, and even with iTunes, but only now am I trying to get to the bottom of it and it's making no sense!

    submitted by /u/Paulienater
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Flicker

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    Received my MacBook Air Package today and started setting up my laptop. Everything was fine at first but after I installed Software Update 10.15.6 parts of my screen will Flicker occasionally. I guess what I am trying to ask is if this really is a software issue from the update or a hardware issue as well as any solutions to my problem. Thank you for advising!

    submitted by /u/Waifu2Die4
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to restore Mac with Time Machine back to Mavericks

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    So I jumped from OSMavericks to OSCantalina, and my computer has been extremely slow ever since, so Id just like to revert back to Mavericks. I made a backup right before I did that to my external hard drive, thinking worst case I could just restore the backup, but when I go to revert I get the error message(Link below):

    Im thinking I have to likely just wipe out my hard drive and then restore to the backup, but Im confused what I have to delete in order to do that. I also attached this disk utility (link below):

    https://imgur.com/a/5lFUt5c

    Is it just the entire container disk 2 that I have to delete in order to do this including the data part, or just one of the parts?

    submitted by /u/dratdude
    [link] [comments]

    Internet stopped working on MacBook. After adjusting the location settings in System Preferences.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    As I can remember me adjusting the location settings, such as turning off maps. Bc it was bothering me. The WiFi is connected to all my devices and working except my MacBook. I did turn off the location settings for maps, and after that the internet is not working. Tried to switch it on again, but internet is still not working. Please help.

    EDIT: using MacOS Catalina

    submitted by /u/lollipock777
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know how to change the window buttons on macOS snow leopard?(exit,minimize,full screen)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    I'm trying to change the window buttons on macOS snow leopard to look like the macOS Yosemite buttons but I don't how to replace them and also if you know where I can find the OG Yosemite window buttons that would be great

    submitted by /u/yotashie_boii
    [link] [comments]

    new mbp. any help?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Hi, just received a MacBook Pro.

    I've been a windows user my entire life. now how do I navigate this thing? Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.

    Recommended fan control? Do I need antivirus? Recommended USB-C hub? Recommended things in system preferences to move about?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/wotevenwho
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to create a shortcut to turn on Do Not Disturb?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    I know that I can create a shortcut for a specific app, but I think I would need a shortcut for the entire system. I'd like to be able to do a quick shortcut and toggle Do Not Disturb on or off. Is this possible? Any apps that would do this?

    submitted by /u/tillwehavefaces
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to redownload the installer if I deleted it?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    I upgraded to Big Sur and then deleted the installer. I'd like to make a USB installer disk, but I can't figure out how to redownload the installer. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/rocket_platypus
    [link] [comments]

    I’m trying to make snow leopard look as similar to Big Sur as possible, I already have the icons done but does anybody know how to change the trafic lights on windows and other suggestions?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    FileFault blocking brightness controls on lock screen?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Last year when I updated to MacOS Catalina, I reinstalled the OS and enabled FileFault for the first time on my Mac, since my MacBook Pro 2014 didn't come with a t2 chip.

    However what I've noticed since then that I can't control the screen and keyboard brightness until I'm logged in. Furthermore the computer doesn't connect to external monitors until logged in.

    It's really annoying to start your computer at night without being able to see the keyboard, while the screen hurts your eyes with 100% brightness in a dark room.

    I've ambient light sensors active for both screen and keyboard, but like I said that doesn't affect them until logged in.

    Is this something Catalina changed or are these security measures enabled by FileFault?

    Independent of that, is there a way to activate automatic brightness on the lock screen?

    Does anyone else have this problem?

    Thank You very much

    submitted by /u/Manfred_89
    [link] [comments]

    Applecare + cost for fixing a MBP 2019 with Liquid Damage?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I spilled some soup on my Macbook Pro, any guesses for how much I am looking at for a fix here? It won't boot anymore, and I have AppleCare +. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/nelsonnyan2001
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel