• Breaking News

    Friday, July 24, 2020

    macOS It just works!

    macOS It just works!


    It just works!

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    Nice Company Logo!

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    the battery icons in MacOs Big Sur are not facing the same way

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    MacOS 10.15.6 sometimes stuck while opening lid from sleep. It stuck for about ~3 minutes, looking for keyboard. During that time, I can’t click anything or move cursor with trackpad on may MacBook Pro. I never connected any Bluetooth keyboard to this MacBook

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    Downgrade to Mojave?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone. I've been using a Macbook Air 2014 and was on El Capitan for the most part until my device had a motherboard problem. Anyway, I had it fixed by Rossmann Group and when I got it back, I decided to do a clean install of Catalina.

    It's been a month now on Catalina and I don't know if it's just me but it seems to be slower than when it was on El Capitan. Now, I'm considering doing a downgrade to Mojave if maybe that would help the lag I'm experiencing from time to time. I'm not that familiar with the OS so I thought I'd use the wisdom of the crowd and get some advice from here. Specifically if it's worth the trouble of doing the clean install again or if it's not that much of a difference.

    Thanks for reading and for the responses as well.

    submitted by /u/dimasalang1906
    [link] [comments]

    Is Big Sur compatible with my iMac. I’m feeling it isn’t...

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    MacOS Catalina 10.15.6. Got updated and buit-in camera stopped working.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Guys, feel totally frustrated with this issue.

    I have MacBook Pro 13" 2018, which I really love and use with care. As mentioned above, after update just opened Zoom for a conference call and there is no camera available.

    I tried googling and using all the advices I could ever find, nothing really helped. Well, I believe it's software issue since I had a call day before the update and it was ok.

    Since I see lots of people stuggling the same issue here and here, etc, I wanted to ask Reddit community, maybe the solution was already found. Just can't afford myself a new screen for $700 and working without web-camera is such a mess due to this Covid-19.

    Thanks a lot in advance!

    submitted by /u/undichbink
    [link] [comments]

    What is the folder: "databases-off-the-record_

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    (I posted this on r/chrome but got no response :()

    On my mac, i like to look in random folders sometimes. Today, I used the command: /Users/[my name]/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Profile 13/databases-off-the-record

    What is "databases-off-the-record"? It shows that it was created today only an hour ago. I looked it up on google and couldn't find any information about it. Should I be concerned? should I delete this?

    submitted by /u/freelandismydad
    [link] [comments]

    Touch Bar Control Strip Playback Icon Freeze/Frozen Bug

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    Screenshots: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R3pvcFw_4q39laByT68TZZdpzw8TuQT8/view?usp=sharing

    Hey everyone, I'm trying to find out if this touch bar bug is common for all macOS devices. If anyone knows of a long term fix please let me know.

    Starting from the default control strip (first image), when I play any media (i.e. audio or video) that brings up the playback icon on the left of the control strip (second image), the playback icon is frozen and does not respond to any taps.

    Then when I perform another action on the control strip (i.e. volume, Siri) or hit the function key fn, the playback icon is responsive again and tapping it brings up the playback menu (third image).

    submitted by /u/thewarrior71
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS gets stuck at login screen and reinstalling it doesn’t help

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    I know this is r/MacOS and not r/MacOSBeta, but I've seen people having this problem on stock Catalina. So basically I've been using Big Sur beta since the first developer beta in June 22nd, and on Wednesday they released the beta 3. I installed it and everything seemed to be fine until I tried to login. It just gets stuck there. I left it four hours and still no result, the progress bar just doesn't progress lol.

    I tried entering recovery mode, but reinstalling macOS also gets stuck (it says I've got to unlock the disk, but when I do it, it just doesn't do anything). If I open the logs, it gives the following error:

     inet_set_autoaddr(en5, 1) failed. Operation not permitted 

    I also tried resetting NVRAM/PRAM, and now trying to login just restarts the computer. It's been like this for a whole day now.

    What can I do to fix this? Please this is my work device (yeah I know im reaaally dumb for installing the beta on my main driver, but yeah I needed to work with the new Xcode betas for SwiftUI 2).

    It'd be awesome if I could fix this without loosing all my data, but if there's no other way, I don't mind completely resetting my computer (because I've got everything in GitHub and iCloud Drive).

    Thanks in Advance

    submitted by /u/iAlex11
    [link] [comments]

    Fancy TWMs?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    There was KWM, but now its github is dead. Any alternatives? I want smth that will look like i3-gaps. Amethyst, chunkwm don't change look of windows at all, I want it to be borderless. There's yabai, which seems to be popular option, and Hammerspoon, which is not actually a wm and kind of overkill.

    submitted by /u/Illustrious_Sock
    [link] [comments]

    Time machine took 3 days to backup 4.5GB out of 80GB

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    Why is it being so slow? It's my first time backing up, and I'm using a flash drive. but at this point I just rather Clean install my OS or something

    Btw I'm on High Sierra

    submitted by /u/JoseBasrio
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mail Junk Filter

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 12:24 AM PDT

    Whenever I purchase something from Amazon, the confirmation email- and any subsequent emails- always end up in my junk folder. Any ideas how I can stop this? The promotional emails do not end up in there, just anything order related.

    As they all have a transaction ID in the mail address, they are all different, so I can't add them to my address book. I always click 'not mail' in the hope that it 'trains' the program. I have also deleted my junk mail behaviours to try and reset it, but its still no-good. It has been happening for years, and is beginning to grind on me now! (Currently MAC OS 11.0, but as I say, it has been doing it since leopard).

    Any ideas? (Oh, and comments like 'Amazon tax' etc will be firmly ignored!!!).

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/simonpaddon
    [link] [comments]

    How to change Mac admin picture to memoji?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    I have memoji as my icloud profile picture and as my contact picture but I have no idea how to change the admin picture to animoji. Can anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/disvordiajain
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp doesn’t work.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    When I try and create a new partition with bootcamp it says the drive could not be partitioned and says to use First Aid, which I did and it still doesn't work. I also have one more question. Are users still locked out on the public beta when reinstalling macOS?

    submitted by /u/TheHyperNovaYT
    [link] [comments]

    Service Battery after updating to Big Sur Dev (20A5323l) ?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    Service Battery after updating to Big Sur Dev (20A5323l) ?

    I've been running a developer beta for the last couple of weeks and last night I decided to go ahead and install Big Sur Beta 3 for developers and I noticed that now I get prompted with servicing my battery, which is crazy considering this MacBook was custom ordered around mid March, I am really hoping it is a software bug since coconutBattery shows good battery status. I had already tried a resetting the SMC but still no luck. Has anyone else had the same issue?

    https://preview.redd.it/7gnbyyermpc51.png?width=1407&format=png&auto=webp&s=99ab3e8a2338165d7cc24a676102336ed791834b

    submitted by /u/Angel_817
    [link] [comments]

    Cursor stop working every 5-6 seconds Catalina 10.15.6

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    after upgrading to catalina .6, both my trackpad and my mouse freeze after every 5 seconds, it is really infuriating, anyone has the same issue?

    submitted by /u/DiegoTonzi
    [link] [comments]

    Any software or method to transfer music from iPhone 8 to 2019 Macbook Pro without a cable?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    I just got a replacement 16" 2019 Macbook Pro after my other one got damaged. I was looking for ways to move my music from my phone to my mac but then realized that I don't have a USB-C cable. Does anyone know of any useful softwares or anything that could solve my predicament?

    submitted by /u/hktu710
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime & Phone calls are so disruptive on macOS than iOS 14

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 got a new compact notification for calls, but current macOS and the new macOS Big Sur still has a disruptive notification for FaceTime & Phone calls.

    If you're in a fullscreen app like Photos, and you're tweaking a slider in edit mode, then your entire screen gets shifted to the main desktop just to show you that you have an incoming call...

    submitted by /u/quitethewaysaway
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina 10.15.5 Scroll Lag on Safari 13.1.1 after seconds of inactivity

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Hi Guys!

    Catalina 10.15.5
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
    2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
    Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

    Experiencing scroll lag on Safari 13.1.1 when I use two fingers up or down after seconds of inactivity. I had noticed the issue while reading on Safari without touching the MBP and then seconds after I intend to scroll up or down, there is an annoying lag for like 4-5 seconds and then it responds abruptly.

    As a "fix" for this annoying lag, I can avoid the issue using three fingers in upward direction (like doing the default MISSION CONTROL gesture but not doing it completely) and then continue with the two fingers up or down to continue reading.

    Is there any fix for this?

    submitted by /u/garivera
    [link] [comments]

    Sierra installer trouble

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone. So I'm installing Sierra in VirtualBox via this tutorial: https://youtu.be/9lXlKQAj4m8

    I've tried restarting twice, but whenever it gets close to finishing, it fluctuates back and forth between "About 3 minutes remaining" and "About 4 minutes remaining.

    Is this a normal thing for the Sierra installer to do? If so, how long does it usually do this for before continuing to install? Any info is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/FletchableYT
    [link] [comments]

    Terminal keeps flashing between Python and zsh

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    When updating early 2015 Air from 10.15.5 -> 10.15.6 it "installs" 10.15.5 instead?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel