• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 21, 2020

    Apple TV The YouTube App is horrible, boarding on unusable. I just need to rant real quick

    Apple TV The YouTube App is horrible, boarding on unusable. I just need to rant real quick


    The YouTube App is horrible, boarding on unusable. I just need to rant real quick

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Have you ever used the YouTube app? Or should I say attempted to use the YouTube app. It boggles the mind how Google, such a huge name in software, manages to put out this kind of garbage.

    They get no credit from me. It's entirely their fault. They have a custom video player interface which is completely different from the rest of the AppleTV UI. You cannot pause a video without accidentally moving forward or backwards. It took me 5 taps/clicks to pause the video I was watching with the (albeit not amazing) Siri Remote.

    Just try to watch a video and pause it. Go ahead I'll wait. You click the remote, and it pauses for a brief second before playing again. You know how to pause it? Swipe down twice, then click the pause button. Twice you say? Well the first time you swipe down it thinks you're trying to scrub, so it briefly pauses, then you need to swipe down again to highlight the big "Pause" button. Then you finally get to click.

    You know how you pause in literally every. Other. App?? YOU CLICK THE REMOTE ONCE.

    And the worst part is all they have to do is use GOD DAMN NATIVE PLAYER. The one that was, you know, ALREADY IMPLEMENTED FOR THEM.

    God watching YouTube on this thing is one of the worst user experiences I've had in recent memory. And its not just pausing, that's just the thing that set me off most recently.

    Sorry to rant. Nothing else I can do, Google isn't going to take feedback on this anywhere.

    submitted by /u/async15
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy an Apple TV 4k but is there any new news regarding if a new one is coming out soon?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    DOLBY VISION iOS14 ISSUE, ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    Channels 4.0

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    AppleTV displays the lyrics to the music you’re playing.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    The Dark Knight issue on apple TV

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Recently I watched the Dark Knight on my Apple TV. During the parking garage scene these white lines show up and flicker around the screen for about 2 minutes. Then they are gone for the rest of the film. I then watched from my phone from the Apple TV app and the lines appear on my phone as well. Can someone test this movie to see if if it happens to you too? Clearly it's an apple issue if it shows on my phone and Apple TV.

    submitted by /u/LeCareJames
    [link] [comments]

    Can Apple TV replace a DVR

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    As the Tivo company seems hell bent on going out of business, I'm looking for a replacement.

    Would an Apple TV work?

    That is, if I installed the app for each of the broadcast networks I subscribe to, could I use the Apple TV to watch all of the shows I normally watch, either in realtime or on delay via streaming?

    Tivo has a single integrated list of all shows - DVR, streaming - that I'm interested in watching. Does the Apple TV have an app that would keep track of my "list of shows"?

    Thank you for any advice you have.

    submitted by /u/Sikorsky99
    [link] [comments]

    Background data usage by CBS Sports app

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    The CBS Sports app continued to use data for streaming video after app was minimized to home screen. This lasted for hours until app was force closed, using up 3/4 GBs per hour. Seems to be a bug from newest app version. I strongly suggest force closing this app when done using if you are concerned with ISP data caps.

    submitted by /u/a2lv
    [link] [comments]

    So I thought it was my old TV and just got a new Samsung Q80T. The Apple TV keeps going black and skipping with Netflix.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    Anyone else have these issues? I'm plugged into hdmi 1 and bought a high speed cable Ethernet cable. The picture is also incredibly dark.

    submitted by /u/atooraya
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth list empty on ATV

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I've tried connecting to an andoid phone, a windows desktop, an old iphone, a speaker and headphones.

    The iphone didn't find it and the android and desktop gave me a code to match with one on the TV but none of them showed up on the TV and pressing connect anyway didn't work.

    The ATV just says ''searching...'' with a spinning loading thingy and nothing on google helped. Any idea what i can do?

    It's a 3rd gen btw

    submitted by /u/CaKeWeed
    [link] [comments]

    Shows included with Apple TV+ sub

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    I bought a iPhone recently (pre-pandemic) and got the year subscription to Apple TV+. Is there a easy way to see a listing of only the content that is included free with the subscription? When I'm browsing, all the pay to view shows are all mixed in. More recently I'm unemployed and trying to find that free content. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/rspo440
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon prime just buffering will not play

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel