• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 22, 2020

    Apple Macbook Question!- when will Macbooks have Face ID?

    Apple Macbook Question!- when will Macbooks have Face ID?


    Question!- when will Macbooks have Face ID?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    I need a MacBook for school later this year (I live in aus so school starts in February) and I just wanted to ask when do you think MacBooks will have Face ID?

    submitted by /u/HoHo_06
    [link] [comments]

    Can this MBP 16 inch last me a good 10 years?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    Apple MacBook Pro (16-Inch, 16GB RAM, 1TB Storage, 2.3GHz Intel Core i9)

    Amd Radeon Pro 5500M Graphics with GDDR6 memory

    Intel UHD Graphics 630

    What I'll use this on is browsing the web, streaming Netflix/YouTube/Hulu/sports, and occasional photo editing with Adobe apps.

    What are your thoughts? Will this model be sufficient for my needs?

    submitted by /u/mangocasio
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Dark Mode Reddish Tint

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    Hello, my dark mode on my macOS has very suddenly become "broken". The areas that are supposed to be charcoal grey or dark grey have become more of a reddish grey and its a noticeable difference. I cannot seem to get rid of the problem no matter what i try, can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/jxckco
    [link] [comments]

    Student/educational discount verification

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    Student/education pricing discount verification

    I heard that if you make a purchase with Apple online with their educational discounts/back to school promotions, they don't ask for any upfront verification to verify whether you are a student or not. It seems like the verification is only when purchasing in the Apple store.

    However, I also read that sometimes Apple performs random audits or calls to verify that people who purchased online with the educational discounts are actually students, so does anyone know how often they do these audits?

    Can anyone explain their experience purchasing with educational discounts online? Did they do a random audit/call with you or not?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/person48294
    [link] [comments]

    These people don't understand MacBooks.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Is the Macbook Air enough for me?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Hi, I was just gonna order a MacBook Air (2020, I3), on Amazon, but I was wondering if I should get a pro instead.

    I'm a college student, so I'd use it most of the time to write, safari, Apple Music. All stuff the Air is great for.

    When it comes to gaming, it'd be really cool if I could play Sims or specially Football Manager (let me know if it's decent on the Air!)on it, but it's not very important.

    Now is when I have doubts. I use Photoshop and Illustrator, but honestly just to edit pics when I'm traveling, so I wouldn't mind if it's slow.

    Also, I edit videos, but just for fun. 1-3 minutes videos once in a while (not in 4K). And again, I don't mind if it's slow, as long as it's decent.

    Do you think the Air is enough? It's a shame I can't upgrade to the I5 on Amazon. I only want it to last 3 years, until I finish college. Then, if I need it, I'd get a better one. I can afford the pro, but honestly I'd rather save those 350$, and I like the Air better because it's lighter (and gold!).

    submitted by /u/DavidMillo
    [link] [comments]

    2011 Macbook Pro - Photos in Preview are Getting Pixelated

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    2011 Macbook Pro - Photos in Preview are Getting Pixelated

    Hello,

    When I try to open pictures in Preview, I can't zoom in/out or the picture becomes pixelated. It will appear clear for a split second and then go back to being pixelated (see Screenshot below). I'm thinking it's because they are high-res photos but wanted to see what advice people had.

    Thanks in advance!

    https://preview.redd.it/66qecbb0dcc51.png?width=944&format=png&auto=webp&s=3d7b0e7439d516bf0fd6971b9ecc5b2a640d6aad

    submitted by /u/Two_For_Tripping
    [link] [comments]

    No Signs of Life - Macbook Pro 2012 Screen and Apple Sign Doesn't Light Up - Help!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    I have a used Macbook Pro 2012. Yesterday, the screen stopped working abruptly. The screen is completely black and the apple sign does not light up. I've tried everything and I'm just gonna bleed the battery out and reconnect to the charger. Don't know what to do. Help!

    submitted by /u/fionaman
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with macbook graphics card

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    So I'm new to this thread and ran into an issue with my beloved pro and I'm curious if you guys have had the same issues.

    I'm a pretty heavy music producer and video editor so I've been straining this computer with lots of processing since 2015. I noticed a freezing issue around 2 years ago right before the warranty ran out. Since then, I've been on over 25 calls with apple support going through possible software fixes when it turns out it was a hardware issue this whole time.

    Around January, I finally explicitly asked if they ever review the crash reports I've sent to apple, they agreed and realized I may have kernal panics due to a faulty graphics card. I brought it into the store, but instead of getting it fixed I just backdated the operating system to Mojave, since the tech said it might have been the source of the issue.

    I went a few months without issues, and now BAM, worse than ever. I called back apple support and the agent was 100% sure the crash reports from January were the result of a broken graphics card and its only $500 to fix it! Wahoo... but wait-

    Why didn't they just run the diagnostics on my computer 2 years ago when this started happening and verify the hardware issue? They strung me along with "Software" fixes until the warranty was out of date and I could no longer get the fix covered. Also, why doesn't my harddrive test come up with anything?

    Fine, so I'm SOL, but for that money, I'm considering buying an external graphics card since the computer works well unless overloaded with high processor apps. What would you wizards of the internet suggest I do? Has anyone had success with apple honoring outdated warranty claims from carryover issues like this?

    Here are my specs:

    Macbook pro 13 inch ealry 2015 10.14.6

    Processor 3.1GHz INtel Core i7

    Memory: 16GB 1867 MHZ DDR3

    Graphics INtel Iris Graphics 6100 1536MB

    submitted by /u/mastroductions
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled some water on MBA 2019

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    It wasn't much. I'd estimate like 3/4 of a table spoon. I was shaking around a glass of water getting the ice to melt and some went out of the glass. A little bit of water went into some keys and a little bit into the trackpad. Will I be fine? I turned it upside down after wiping the excess water. So far everything seems fine, I have to keep using it for work.

    submitted by /u/Lakerscoring
    [link] [comments]

    I am tired of my Chromebook.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    I like Chrome OS and all but my Acer Chromebook 14 is slow and drains the battery. So I have decided to switch to MacBook. But I am not familiar with macOS and I think that it may be hard to use. With the new Apple chip coming out this year and the new OS, I hope my experience will be easier. I can also pair my other Apple devices like my iPad to my MacBook. Any ideas if I should switch or keep my Chromebook and fix some things?

    submitted by /u/-HALSEY
    [link] [comments]

    Updating to newer, but not the newest, OS?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    So right now I'm on version 10.12.6 Sierra. Some applications require newer versions, but I DON'T want to upgrade to Catalina because of the lack of 32-bit support. Instead, I would like to upgrade to 10.14.6 Mojave. I know that you need to do some extra stuff like backing up when you're DOWNGRADING your OS, but do I need to anything extra to upgrade to a slightly newer version, or can just download it from here and update without a problem?

    submitted by /u/Nathaniel820
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to turn off the MB display while using an external display?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Annoyed with Apple. First the mail app opening during every meeting and this too.

    I want t start off by saying that I know I can use clamshell mode by just closing the laptop while connected to a monitor. That's not my goal. My goal is to turn off the laptops monitor so that I can allow the heat to dissipate when the MacBook is connected to an external monitor. Yes, some people say it doesn't affect airflow, but my MBP starts to throttle doing my workflow. Additionally, the radiant heat is trapped when I open my MBP. I'm also a victim of the 2011 MBP GPU issues.

    Aside from throttling, when the MB is in closed clamshell mode the speakers are muffled and it vibrates my desk. You might say "By cheap speakers." I say that's crazy because I can't even control the volume output from the MBP itself. You also don't have access to the Touch Bar and TouchID when in closed clamshell mode.

    If there is only a workaround to turning off the MB monitor without use of the trackpad or Touch Bar that is fine.

    submitted by /u/OrbitUnder
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good buy ? October 2018 version. Need it for school and maybe some light music production

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Which upgrade will you opt for? Macbook Pro 13" (8th gen)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Hi all, I am a student going to University (Business Management, 4 years).

    I will most probably be using the Macbook for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, WebEx, Zoom, Netflix, Light Photoshop, Light Coding (Self learn), Analytics softwares (If i major in Analytics), Bootcamps (to run softwares that is not compatible with Mac OS).

    Which upgrade should i go for ?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/weiloonx
    [link] [comments]

    Is a frozen green screen common or defective for a new Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Green flickering on my new 13’ Macbook Pro 2020

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    I just turned on my brand new 13" Macbook Pro 2020 for the first time and immediately so some flickering in the screen and a section of the screen flickering green. Is there any fix other than a replacement?

    submitted by /u/umarr05
    [link] [comments]

    College student buying Mac book

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm currently in the process of trying to decide which MacBook to purchase for college. I'll be taking social service worker so I'm assuming I'll need things like Microsoft word and things like that. I'd also like to make beats on FL studio and Netflix things like that.

    I think I want one of the 13-Inch options but I don't know much about computers, so if anyone can help with what one you'd think would be best it would be greatly appreciated. :)

    submitted by /u/fckngvr
    [link] [comments]

    Dual monitor set up

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Hello! Just recently bought the latest MacBook Pro. Will I be able to use an HP monitor as a second screen?

    I'm assuming yes but want to make sure. Also, does anyone know what type of cord I am supposed to get in order to create the dual screen?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/Significant_Falcon16
    [link] [comments]

    Sending a Fax?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    We have a fax/printer/scanner but it's not hooked up to a landline. I tried googling how to fax from a computer but just a bunch of suspicious websites came up. Is there a trustworthy way to fax from a macbook (I'm in Canada, if that matters)? And, TIL people still fax things...

    submitted by /u/lonelyfatoldsickgirl
    [link] [comments]

    Weird screen on MBP 13"

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    Weird screen on MBP 13"

    Hi all, i have just recently purchase this MBP 13" 8th gen (i5/8gb/512gb) for school (probably 4-5 days back)

    I have left the MBP on 'sleep' for awhile then when i was back, it shows this screen.

    https://preview.redd.it/n4rkrplfg7c51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e222b11378731ea2139c06f92c8c6536459f0023

    I tried to move my mouse around but to no avail.
    I have to force shut down by pressing the power/touch id button.

    Should i be worried? Is this common?

    submitted by /u/weiloonx
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot turn of startup chime

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    And I can not turn on Silent Clicking either !!

    Before, they all worked normally, no chime and no tick when clicking trackpad.

    I've tried the terminal command to turn off startup chime, but after I reinstalled MacOS, it's coming again !!

    My device is MBA 2019, so the chime is off by default and I seriously don't know why it's suddenly on like this.

    Silent Clicking is not working, not matter when I turn on or off the checkbox in System Preferences.

    It's been like this for a week and I'm desparate at this point, please help.

    submitted by /u/mushroomjs
    [link] [comments]

    When is the next Macbook sale?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    I want to buy a MacBook but I kinda want to wait to see if there is a sale coming up soon before I buy one.

    submitted by /u/Vegetarian16
    [link] [comments]

    Video editing, what Ghz is ideal?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    Getting a MacBook but not sure if to go for Air with around 1.4-1.6 ghz, or pro at 2+ ghz.

    I'm going to primarily use it for uni work and video editing; my GoPro hero 8 films in 4K, and I just need them to process the footage well and hopefully iMovie has good features.

    I'm going to buy a used one locally, and I'd rather save money.

    submitted by /u/theeyoh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel