• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 21, 2020

    Apple Help What do you call the encircled part, and where can I buy one? I tried looking for it at the Apple store, but I can't find it.

    Apple Help What do you call the encircled part, and where can I buy one? I tried looking for it at the Apple store, but I can't find it.


    What do you call the encircled part, and where can I buy one? I tried looking for it at the Apple store, but I can't find it.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    Will my AT&T iPhone 6S stop working?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6S. I have known that I will have to replace it in the not-too-distant future, if only to keep up with iOS updates, but I like it, it works well, and is still in good condition. Today I got an email from AT&T that included the following:

    "We will soon be upgrading our network to use the latest technologies. These updates are to serve you better and bring faster speeds and greater reliability. But your device ending in *XXXX is not compatible with the new network and you need to replace it to continue receiving service. Our team is here to help you find a compatible device that fits your needs. We want to help you transition as seamlessly as possible and ensure your service is not interrupted."

    Is my iPhone really going to just stop working? I want to believe it's a strong arm marketing ploy but the wording seems pretty unambiguous. I have a lot going on right now and don't need one more thing to do/change/worry about. TIA!

    submitted by /u/schnoodlebed
    [link] [comments]

    How did a family member’s picture end up on my phone- with no record of sending it?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    I FaceTimed my father today, then this evening I see that my most recent picture is a Live Photo of him through the front facing camera. Reasons this is bizarre:

    1. He is in another state, so not airdrop
    2. We don't share iCloud accounts
    3. It was not sent or saved from text message or email, it just showed up in my recent photos!
    4. My FaceTime square of myself is not in the photo, AND the photo is live, so it couldn't have been an accidental screen shot, right?
    5. I have no other pictures of his

    HOW did this end up on my phone? Does this mean he has some kind of special access to my phone? What happened here?

    submitted by /u/Okay_bread
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable in-app purchases on iPhone X running iOS13.3?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    Why do my emails have a “To” label in the subject line?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    Battery percentage won’t decrease/increase unless i restart the phone.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    I have an iphone 11 64gb which I just bought last January. I have never dropped it, and I have both a case and screen protector. I have never (or maybe 1-3 times) let the battery get below 15%. I've even gotten the latest ios update. Lastly my charger is fully functional. Heres the problem, the battery doesn't go up or down unless I restart my phone. I have absolutely no idea where this problem came from and how to fix this. Any ideas?

    Note:

    I bought it from Power Mac Center (Apple Authorized Reseller

    I have an OEM charger and battery

    submitted by /u/nrxadmu
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro storage issues. No idea what’s taking up that much space.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    Help with finding out what's inside "other"

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Is 2020 i3 macbook air good for students ?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Is 2020 Macbook Air i3 good for students

    Im buying a macbook for my nephew for school. Base model i3 8gb ram 256gb. He's in elementary. It will mainly be used for Zoom meetings, Youtube videos and im sure some Flash Educational Games. Is i3 going to stutter while loading some basic apps like Typing or Powerpoint presentation ?

    submitted by /u/wabberjockybruh
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Backed up and moved to External drive, ok to delete backup from macbook?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    I backed up an iPhone to my MacBook, which is a hefty amount of space. I located my backup folder in the MobileSync folder and moved it to an external drive.

    My question is, if I delete the backup from my MacBook, will I be able to restore the backup to my iPhone using the copy from the external drive? If so, will I need to take any precautions before deleting the backup folder from my MacBook?

    This is a one time backup and I won't need to back up the device again if that matters.

    submitted by /u/crazedchriz
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for upgrading storage / SSD.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    2014 MBP Retina i7 / 16GB / 500GB - Need help upgrading storage!

    Hello!

    I'm using an i7/16GB mid 2014 MBP that is sufficient for my work. I don't code and use illustrator or Final Cut Pro rarely and the computing power is sufficient. Being in India I'm not able to reliably store on the cloud and my 500 GB SSD built-in storage is full. (Tried everything).

    Not too keen on using an external HDD.

    Can someone help me with options on how to upgrade my SSD to 1TB? Can I get a third party one? How about migrating my data using time machine or something as seamless.

    All ideas welcome.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bettersavethansorry
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else’s iPhone X overheats, throttles itself and starts to lag way too fast, too easily?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    For example, I woke up with my iPhone X at 0% battery this morning.

    But that's another issue and I'm not sure if it's because the charger and phone got misaligned due to me stopping the alarm or an actually iOS bug.

    I charged my phone from 0% while connected to 4G. As I typed a text message in WhatsApp, the keyboard lagged so badly. All my inputs were slow and the keyboard took a few seconds to respond to the keys.

    In Apollo, I adjusted the volume up. Again, it took a few seconds to respond and as I was adjusting the volume down, the volume indicator was still lagging and going up.

    For the display, sometimes it would dim itself, sometimes doesn't.

    In a (possibly?) unrelated issue, my iPhone X would intermittently decided to crash itself.

    There would be a black screen with the loading animation.

    I wait a few seconds and without fail every time, it would bring me right back to the lock screen.

    After unlocking, I find all my apps needing to be relaunched.

    submitted by /u/MinisterforFun
    [link] [comments]

    Please fix this I only have one app and i have so much storage taken from nothing. I barely have space to get another app

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Random number FaceTime called me and “answered on other device”

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Random number called me for second time in last month on FaceTime and hung up half way through.

    When I pressed info it said the call was answered on other device. Checked devices on iCloud and nothing unusual listed.

    What do I do?

    submitted by /u/takahashi22
    [link] [comments]

    i can't find live chat in their website?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    all i can find is call only!

    submitted by /u/mohamedahmedd7
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting this error in goodnotes every five seconds and it’s driving me crazy. I looked into the app store on both my ipad and macbook and both apps are up to date. I even updated the software on the ipad but that did not seem to work either. Anyone know how to fix this?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    ‘You are doing that too much’

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    I get a notification sometimes when I comment on reddit saying 'your doing that too much,try again in 8 minutes' how do I get rid of this? Or is it set by the subreddit?  iPhone 6 Plus iOS 12.4.8

    submitted by /u/VProPlayer
    [link] [comments]

    I can't figure out how to access my Apple ID because my iPhone X is broken.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    To start this, my apologies if this has been asked before I've been searching for solid answers for days and am still very confused, I'm not very good at this type of thing.

    I have had an iPhone X since December of 2017, it has always worked great besides needing my lightning port fixed once (UBreakIFix). I had an 18 month lease on the phone which has been paid so it belongs to me now. Well, this previous Friday, I dropped my phone into my neighbor's pool. It worked for 10 seconds then died completely. I'm not asking about how to fix that one as I was due for an upgrade anyways. That brings me to now. I've ordered a new iPhone 11 Pro from Sprint but do not have it yet. As I connect with my family through social media messaging I tried to boot up my old iPhone 6s to download some apps in the meantime. I have done this before when my lightning port stopped working and had no issues.

    This time however, when logging into my Apple ID, I was asked for a code sent to my phone number. The issue there is that my iPhone X will not turn on and I cannot open it up to dry it out better as I do not have the proper tools, and I doubt it would survive anyways based on age and it recently getting fixed.

    I'm absolutely stumped as to what to do. I started the account recovery process because I have my apple ID email, proper password, my phone number, and my debit card information which I use for ApplePay. I've been using my brother's phone number to get the code for this situation but I am the only one in my home with an iPhone or any Apple products period. I got confirmation about account recovery today but the page on iforgot says "You will be able to update you phne number in 6 days." but I'm even more confused because my phone number has always been the same and is not changing, I just can't access my iPhone X to get text messages right now.

    I've heard some things about switching SIM cards but I'm not sure on how to go about that, I have friends with iPhones if I need a second device but not super reliably or near me at all.

    Thank you all in advanced for any help, sorry if there are spelling or grammatical errors in this post.

    submitted by /u/_karls
    [link] [comments]

    Other using lots of data that seems to be invisible to mac cleaning software with full disk access enabled.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    I'm sure this is a common one, but I can't seem to find useful help anywhere. The "other" tab in storage for my MacBook is taking up 75gb, and both clean my mac X and OmniDiskSweeper (with full disk access turned on) can't seem to pick up on the fact that this much storage is being used. According to the apps I can only mess around 40gb out of the 99 that I'm currently using?

    submitted by /u/Dawiggliestone
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with broken screen.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    My brother dropped his phone and bottom half of the screen does not work. I was able to get to settings via Siri and enable assistive touch, however the assistive touch is located on the bottom half of the screen which does not work...anybody know a solution?

    submitted by /u/CrazyMexicano
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 speakers making weird crackling sound

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    I've had this issue a few weeks ago because I was using this app to get water out of your speakers and turned it to max volume and I fixed it by blowing into it. I'm having this issue again and I did the same thing again and it worked but I'm worried if their something wrong with my phone or if it's just something that got in the way. Is it maybe water?

    submitted by /u/PwCxNightmare
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPad Air 2 Question

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Was wondering if anyone new:

    • Can you get an apple pen or a third party pen for the Air 2

    • Does this pen work with any applications in order to draw and colour etc

    submitted by /u/Bunch120891
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Siri suggestions defaults to Japanese Wikipedia

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Whenever I search for something in Safari and click on the Siri suggestion for the Wikipedia page, it goes to the Japanese Wikipedia. All my language settings have always been English.

    I've tried "Delete Siri & Dictation History". I got a completely new phone.

    Been happening for about 3 months.

    Anyone know how to set this back to English Wikipedia suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Lukemute
    [link] [comments]

    Can a screen protector put on my Iphone by a street vendor track what I type or anything like that to steal my information?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    So I have got a glass screen protector installed on my iPhone by a street vendor that sells phone cases and related stuff. And I'm now a bit paranoid that the glass screen could be able to track what I'm typing. That would be highly beneficial to them as people have all their information, bank access on their phones nowadays. I just don't know.. I have got it done before last year and nothing happened but things can change.. I just would like to know if there's any possibility of it happening and working for them? Thank you so much X

    submitted by /u/Brazilianinlondon
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone is disabled: connect to itunes

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    So my phone had broken and I just got it back today and I turn on and it says "iPhone is disabled: connect to itunes.

    I grab my cable, plug it into my computer and it doesn't start charging. It does a few small vibrations every time I plug it in.

    It doesn't show up as a device on the itunes app on my computer.

    Now I have no clue what to do, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/THATONEMF
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel