• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    macOS This has been happening for the past 30 mins. [OSX Catalina]

    macOS This has been happening for the past 30 mins. [OSX Catalina]


    This has been happening for the past 30 mins. [OSX Catalina]

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    Photos App on Mac OS is always unresponsive when clicking on an image.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    Hey folks,

    Any one having issues with their Photos app on Mac OS?
    I'm using the latest version of Mac OS Catalina, 10.15.5
    Whenever I'm launching Photos, I can scroll and the view the photos, but if I were to click or right click on those pictures, it will start to hang and get unresponsive. I tried to repair the Photos app but holding CMD + Option key but that doesn't help, even after a reboot, the same issue persist.

    Tried to create a new library and sync my photos via iCloud but it is still crashing and being unresponsive.

    Did anyone get an idea how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Randylim27
    [link] [comments]

    Dynamic image visual glitch on macOS Catalina

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Sync purchases between iOS and MacOS?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    As much as I remember, during the last keynote, I heard that we'll be able to buy an app once on ios and then use it on macos. Is this a thing yet?

    For example, I bought a game pocket city on ios, and the same game exists on macos, can I get it or do I have to pay again ?

    submitted by /u/animasugit
    [link] [comments]

    Is the MacBook Pro worth it?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    I've gotten to the point I can afford a new MacBook Pro, and I'm just wondering from people who own a MacBook Pro if it's worth it.

    submitted by /u/PersonallyWalrus
    [link] [comments]

    Any phone(Android) companion app for MacOS?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    I have been switching a lot between Windows 10, KDE and MacOS. While both Windows and KDE(Kubuntu) have native phone companion app/program, I am not able to find even a decent 3rd-party one for MacOS.

    Receiving phone notifications on the computer is a huge convenience when you're working on something important; plus making and receiving calls too.

    submitted by /u/TyrannosaurHex
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine backups are taking up way more room than they should be.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm on a late 2012 iMac running 10.15.5. I have a 1TB SSD which I installed myself as the hard drive for the iMac. This problem doesn't seem to correlate time wise to installing the SSD.

    I have a 2TB external hard drive for Time Machine to backup to. There is nothing else on the external drive except time machine backups. It keeps running out of room after only a couple of weeks of backing up.

    Yesterday I formatted the external drive to 'start over'. It said the initial backup would be around 700GB. Okay that's cool I said.

    Flash forward to today. Finder says the external drive only has 130GB of free space, yet the Backups.backupdb folder is only 576GB in size, and it's the only top level folder on the drive.

    Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if I need to give more info. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/detergent_md
    [link] [comments]

    Is this not enough? I've tried installing also in Safe Mode, got the same results. MAB 2020 baseline model. Current is 10.15.3 Help anyone?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    Musicians!! Audio Interfaces for Catalina?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    Hey guys/musicians! Just bought a new Mac today, already came with the Catalina update installed. I'm trying to record music with an older m-audio interface which I realize won't work. I'm looking to get a new interface. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm looking at the PreSonus AudioBox USB 96, and the Focusrite Scarlett Solo (which seems like it works). Does anyone know for sure if these work? I've been searching allll night

    submitted by /u/madmuel
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2015 (Catalina) cannot see the external NVMe disk.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Hello,

    MacBook Pro 2015 (Catalina) cannot see the external NVMe disk.

    At the beginning I used Mojave and the problem occurred. After the update to Catalina, the disk appeared - I could use the data or boot the system. After a day the problem returned, again I do not have access to data.

    I have restarted NVRAM, SMC, the Disk is not visible in Disk Utility.

    The disk model is SanDisk SD5SL2-512G-1205E.

    The enclosure I use is Envoy Pro, the manufacturer's code is: OWCMAU3ENVOYPRO. The enclosure is detected by the system.

    submitted by /u/mq1
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Doesn't Like My Coding Projects

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Bit of an odd one. When I upgraded Catalina, iCloud started acting funny with the way it was syncing personal documents... Freezing on upload, never syncing, etc. Then it started throwing this error: "Your Documents and Desktop folders cannot be stored on iCloud Drive. You have too many files, too many files in a single folder, or too many nested folders in your Documents or Desktop folders."

    After messing around for an entire evening - turns out the folder I hold all of my programming projects in is the culprit. It makes sense - some of my JavaScript applications have locally installed dependencies with impressive folder depth... (5-7 layers deep with thousands of files)

    How do I solve this? I've thought it over, and I think I can:

    • Buy an external SSD and store it all there, away from iCloud, plugging it in whenever I work on something (not my favorite option at all)
    • Somehow exclude that folder from iCloud? How can I do this?
    • Work around the whole "too many folders issue.. somehow.. I'm not sure.

    Anyone face this before? There really is next to nothing out there on this - and I need some sort of file backup for my computer since my whole life and career is in it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pawsibility
    [link] [comments]

    How to bring iTunes library organization into Catalina's Music app?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    Yesterday I posted about wiping my machine and doing a clean install just to clear out the accumulated junk. It ended up being more involved that it should have been and I went from Mojave to Catalina in the process. Fine.

    I backed up everything before I wiped it, including all of my Library files. I did my best to replace the relevant file such as the iTunes folder before opening up Music (the former iTunes), and even pointed it to the drive where all of my media is stored, but it is not showing any of that.

    What files do I need to import my playlists and organization from iTunes to Music?

    Follow-up: will I need to do anything differently to make sure that my videos show up correctly in the TV app?

    submitted by /u/das_goose
    [link] [comments]

    How to view US based comments of AppStore without changing market?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    As title says, I would like to view US based comments of applications that are on AppStore since in my location there is almost no feedback. I have to be able to this without changing my country/region since I don't have any other country's credit card.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/erkana
    [link] [comments]

    Is anybody else having a problem with their mbp 2017 charger after upgrading to macOS mojave 10.4.6?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Usb-c adapter won't work all of a sudden.

    submitted by /u/mnbj31
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had this problem? I have cero clue what might be happening.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Mac not accepting Password Resets

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    My MacBook Pro stopped accepting my password. I have reset the password several times by restarting with Command+R, but every time my username is prompted to enter a password, the new passwords are refused.

    I am able to log in under the separate Admin login and have made all the available changes to try and login automatically but no matter what is done, switching to my usual username requires a password and the password is refused even when correct.

    All my files are under this username so I need to access this specific login, but it seems I have exhausted all the information I am able to find in previous threads. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/hardinthecity
    [link] [comments]

    Disk Utility has been deleting/formatting my HD for 30+ minutes — What should I do? (High Sierra)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    I decided it was time to back everything up and do a clean install. When I wiped the HD, my iMac had trouble starting up again. I've done several restarts in Recovery Mode and doing a Reinstall of the OS would show my HD listed as "locked." So I'm in Recovery Mode again, re-deleting the now-empty Mac HD, and it's been in the process for over 30 minutes.

    Is it safe to do a forced restart, or should I just let it go until it's done?

    submitted by /u/das_goose
    [link] [comments]

    Happens randomly when opening DMGs, requires a complete restart. Any ideas?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    [Tip] How to get rid of right-click delay on touchpad

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    [Tip] How to get rid of right-click delay on touchpad

    I hate that 0.5s delay! Turns out there is a way to get rid of it.

    Go to Settings > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom and disable Smart zoom.

    https://preview.redd.it/kyehycsgyp551.png?width=1336&format=png&auto=webp&s=bc20eaf1ac6bf0633c80d36994ca60e69a7622b0

    submitted by /u/koynoy
    [link] [comments]

    Standby battery drain isn't nearly as good as it used to be, even on brand new MacBook?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    I got my 2020 MacBook Pro 13" a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I've upgraded from a 2015 Pro 13" and the performance jump from dual-core to quad and 8gb of ram to 16 is huge, yet I'm amazed at the power efficiency of the new machine, lasting much much longer under the same workload. However, standby power usage can only be described as strange, and both machines are on 10.15.5.

    My first ever MacBook was a 2013 Air and the standby battery could only be described as legendary. I would charge that thing up, leave it for a week, and come back to it being only a couple % discharged if not at the complete charged I left it with, never remember this amazing standby battery life degrading either. For the last year or so of using the 2015 Pro, I would constantly be losing ~15% overnight. I always chalked this the battery just being 5 years old, even though I took very good care of it and it had, relatively, very low cycles for it's age, never once thought it was a software issue because of my great standby battery life experience I always got with my Air.

    Come to now with my 2020 machine and I'm still consistently losing %10-15 overnight?! I thought this specific issue would be alleviated with a brand new machine/battery. It must be a software issue. Researching this, it appears that bad standby battery drain was a big issue around the launch of Mojave, but considering that was almost 2 years ago it should have been fixed by now right? I'm on an, obviously, brand new installation of Catalina, no restore from backup, no obscure settings changes, only programs I've installed so far are Chrome, Spotify, and a few things I need for work, but nothing that runs contently, on startup, or in the background and I religiously quit programs I'm not using and quit all before closing the lid.

    Most guides on how to 'fix' this say to use the terminal commands to check that you're using the proper hibernate and standby settings and all of my settings match these guides? I just don't understand how my Air used to get amazing standby battery life, and now 2 Pro's later it sucks, what could Apple have changed, and is there any fix? Thank you for any information/advice!

    submitted by /u/tman2damax11
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS newbie here, who seeks for answers

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Im kinda new one here in mac os world, switched from win 10 razer blade 15 to mbp16 and my experience with mac os is a little bit tricky, so i thought to ask the community for the advice, maybe i am doing smth wrong, who knows.

    So lets go...

    1. My razer blade 15 2019 feels a lot snappier that mbp16 base model, and i think this is pure OS issue, programs are opening 2 times slower. When i hit the Outlook button on Razer - it opens like lightning. Are all MS programs so bad in terms of perfomancs on Catalina? If i resize the windows of MS Teams - it is so laggy, like my laptop from the 90s. Even the mac os boot up time is longer than win 10, win 10 loads on Razer for 5 seconds, but this annoying line in mac os can boot for 10-15 seconds, and i have only 6-7 programs in the background. That is strange to see.

    2. I searched for ages but i did not find any tool for window preview in dock (at least those which are working out of the box by default on Caralina, abd not so system modification related), like in windows start panel when you hover on it. I am working with 5-6 ppts and doc files at the same time, and i need drag&drops and all that kind of stuff, it is so confusing to do cmd+~, and what is more annoying is that sometimes when you work with multiple draft emails in outlook - you end up in Inbox and do not know where are your drafts, when you do expose - nothing there, but when you force close outlook - suddenly they appear. Sometimes the app does not want to go into foreground. So it is running, you click on it in the dock - and nothing happens, maybe i got used to windows that dock button always brings the app to the foreground...weird. How you do this?

    All other stuff is cool. Productivity and day to day perfomance bothers me a lot, but other things are better on mbp16.

    submitted by /u/drugmx
    [link] [comments]

    SMS verification code for 2FA

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    On my iphone when using chrome I can easily autofill the 2FA code sent via SMS. Was wondering if there was a way to so this on chrome when using my macbook as my company email requires 2FA every time you login now.

    submitted by /u/stpn0818
    [link] [comments]

    External Monitor Flickering 2017 Air

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    I just bought an external monitor for my Macbook Air 2017 but the monitor keeps flickering on and off after a couple seconds saying 'no signal'. I'm using a miniDP to HDMI cable from Amazon and thought that might be the issue but it works if I hook it up to my TV so assume it's something to do with the monitor?

    Any ideas on this would be great!

    submitted by /u/FugaziTy
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Catalina failed to install, now computer won’t turn on.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    One morning my iMac said it failed to install Catalina and to restart the computer. So I did. Now it tries to start up and then just shuts off. What do I do??

    I am able to start up the computer in Recovery mode. I tried "Reinstall macOS" and it didn't work.

    I ran diagnostics like it said and it tells me there may be an issue with the memory module. Reference code: PPM002

    Is there anything I can do? Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/thekaricook
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel