• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 27, 2019

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 11/27

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 11/27


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 11/27

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 11/27

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:37 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Release date for Logitech Slim Folio Case for iPad 10.2 for those interested. I’ve spent days trying to either find it to purchase or find any info on availability. Finally got an answer - will be released last this week or early December and only available through Apple or Logitech initially. ��

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 04:37 AM PST

    Are there artists getting shown in major galleries who use the iPad as part of their process?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:18 PM PST

    I know David Hockney is excited about iPads. Are there any other professional, well known artists using an iPad as a significant part of their process, and can you link to them?

    submitted by /u/death_awaits_us_all
    [link] [comments]

    Why does it feel like my iPad Pro 12.9 has no ram

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:41 AM PST

    I can barely multitask and switch between apps and websites because they keep getting re loaded. If I try to switch between say photoshop, safari and YouTube its basically impossible to sustain my data the apps keep getting refreshed. It's like this thing has no ram nothing is being sustained between switching apps. Is this natural to the iPad or is there something wrong here.

    submitted by /u/Kable12
    [link] [comments]

    Safari or Chrome?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 01:34 PM PST

    I wanted to know your opinion on the best browser for iPad.

    (I have been using Safari only since now, but I experienced heavy stuttering with it lately. Anyone else having this issue? iPad Air 3 and last Os)

    Edit: Chrome on my PC sucks battery like a motherf, is it similar on the iPad

    submitted by /u/Mahaprajna_
    [link] [comments]

    got my child a mini, but i know nothing about ipad.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:55 PM PST

    is there anything i really need to know about ipads? its a gen 1 mini, we got it at a pawn shop and it looks brand new, works great from what i can tell. havent let her have at it yet cause we want to get a case for it. can you guys suggest any apps, or any suggestions on how to make it last longer for her? thanks

    submitted by /u/walkersteph6
    [link] [comments]

    Battery failure? (iPad 7th Gen, 2019, 128GB)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:34 AM PST

    Hi! I've posted here before but got inconclusive answers. I bought a new 7th gen iPad almost two weeks ago, and for the most part everything has been good--except for the battery. It shuts down at exactly 38%, and when not in use, it discharges like 25%. Is the latter normal? I'm getting really frustrated, and service in my country is extremely shotty (I live in the Philippines). Getting frustrated because my school life is on the iPad.

    submitted by /u/w_______st
    [link] [comments]

    Which iPad To Buy for Music Composition?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:04 PM PST

    Apps for reading .cbr files?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:52 AM PST

    Hey! Are there any apps for comics that reads .cbr files? Using iOS13.3 Beta on IPad Pro. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RafSarmento
    [link] [comments]

    Reverb maxed out iPad Pro with Asurion vs new with applecare +

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:01 AM PST

    I am curious if anyone has purchased a refurbished iPad Pro with Asurion 4 yr warranty from Amazon?

    Any noteworthy experiences? Pros and Cons? Horror stories or great experiences? Refurb vs new thoughts?

    submitted by /u/abe313
    [link] [comments]

    PIP with YouTube working inconsistently

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:15 AM PST

    When I press the home button while some videos are playing, they open in PIP as expected. With others, Safari closes and nothing happens. In full-screen mode, PIP works fine. I'm using PIPifier. Before installing it, I could either tap the button in the top left in full-screen or swipe up from the bottom right with two fingers (this was also inconsistent), but I couldn't use the home button. Also, returning to a video after exiting PIP would often freeze Safari. This no longer happens since installing PIPifier, but it's still not working as expected.

    Is there a better solution? I've looked at some alternatives like Cercube, but they seem like more trouble than they're worth.

    13.2.3 on 10.5" pro

    submitted by /u/crod242
    [link] [comments]

    Capture/record ipad screen on Windows?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:56 AM PST

    iPad tip - ALWAYS keep your proof of purchase

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:08 AM PST

    My husband recently was locked out of his iPad and despite every single thing we've tried (including Genius Bar at the Apple Store and Apple Support) we're screwed and it is now a useless electronic.

    One day he turned it on and got a message that it had been locked due to security reasons. No clue why. We had the apple ID and PW, but the account had been locked. Security questions didn't work. Reset email was something strange we didn't recognize. We've only use 3 emails for at least a decade and none of them was that one. Were we somehow hacked? We don't have iphones. We don't have a credit account attached to it that we know of. It's just very strange.

    Apple Support did their best to try and help, but strangely none of our secret answers matched. The tech said it "wasn't likely" we'd been hacked, but really? We could get through the first step (birthday was right). She walked us through all the questions - mother's maiden name, first pet, where did your parents meet. Those are pretty specific, but none of them matched so she couldn't unlock it. We tried answers for both my husband and myself, upper and lower case. Nope. The only solution was to provide our proof of purchase. I do remember we bought it online, but don't recall the retailer. After 3 days of searching, can't come up with it so bye-bye iPad. It's frustrating because it was working just fine.

    Now I have to try and find a new one before Christmas so I'll be lurking here on this sub to try and figure out what's best for husband's limited needs (mostly YouTube videos and FaceTime).

    submitted by /u/SassyMillie
    [link] [comments]

    Need help accessing my lectures (ipad 6th gen)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:08 AM PST

    So recently we were given learning modules coming for a UN (United Nations) website. And the problem is, when i open these modules. It seems to not load since it needs a plug in of flash or something. I literally don't have laptop or anything else for my studies, just this ipad (6th gen).

    Please help on what to do, im really desperate since i dont wanna fail this semester. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/CaptPotato1549
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping background ssh connections alive in Prompt

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 04:37 PM PST

    For any of you out there who use Prompt by Panic, Dr. Drang recently posted this tip regarding "Connection Keeper" in Prompt. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but turning this feature on causes Prompt to request access to "Location Services". This allows it to stay alive in the background so you never lose an ssh connection again (hallelujah!). Full details in the post...

    https://leancrew.com/all-this/2019/11/prompt-forever/

    submitted by /u/bftsystms
    [link] [comments]

    How do you create a new 'app' from webpage?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 03:38 AM PST

    So I have a webpage (like excel online) where I want to save it to my home page so I can access it.

    I don't want it to be opened in one of my safari tab but rather I want 'full screen'. Is that possible? I remember doing that on one of my apps, but I don't remember how I did it

    submitted by /u/hugokhf
    [link] [comments]

    Installed my new PaperLike 2 screen protector today

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:12 PM PST

    My initial thoughts:

    1. The screen quality seems greatly improved. Maybe it's just my brain looking at a brand new screen protector instead of my old scratched up cheap matte screen protector, but things seem much clearer. Brighter, much less distortion. The clarity of the PaperLike 2 seems worth the upgrade alone.

    2. The feel with my Apple Pencil feels much different than my cheap mat screen protector. The Phil is less scratchy, quieter, and softer.. It will take some getting used to. I can't say if it's equal or better than the texture of my cheap screen protector.

    3. Fortunately, they sent me a 2-pack. I screwed up the first one and was frustrated with my decision to try to get rid of one pesky dust speck under the screen protector. My efforts to remove it just made everything worse. Fortunately the 2nd one installed ok. There are a few small dust specks but it's 99 percent good so I'm going with it.

    4. It's kind of pricey, so I hope it lasts for a while.

    submitted by /u/kidtachyon
    [link] [comments]

    The latest ridiculous update to the youtube app — individually scroll each row sideways to see everything

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:34 PM PST

    They don't want you to use only one smooth motion to browse through recommendations. They want you to scroll down, scroll sideways, scroll down, scroll sideways...

    What on earth is their UX team thinking.

    submitted by /u/Mansanas_user
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel