• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 12, 2019

    macOS This lack of detail is surprising, different postions on 3 different Apple applications

    macOS This lack of detail is surprising, different postions on 3 different Apple applications


    This lack of detail is surprising, different postions on 3 different Apple applications

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    First time my iMac Pro has been sluggish... good ol' Music using 170GB (?!)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    Bring on the hate

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    I miss iTunes, there I said it. I've had Catalina for about 3 days, and for as bloated and slow as iTunes was, it had a lot of things that I kinda really liked. I'm going to make a couple of bullet points, and if anyone knows how to fix them, please let me know, because honestly I shouldn't be having to make this post, because I had this functionality last weekend.

    • Column browser is now gone, i think this is tied to the whole DJ thing, but honestly at this point what does song view offer if it's just one large list of files.
      • side note to this, song view no longer has the option to have album art displayed, was helpful in making sure the collection looked right
    • Moving audiobooks to Book app. Fine, probably where they should have been in the first place. However, why in gods name has this app that has been around for a VERY long time had no functionality to point to another drive. Wasn't a big deal when all we were adding was ePub files, but when you're adding audiobooks to the equation it starts adding up quickly.
    • Scrubbing isn't the same. I'm having a helluva time trying to jump to the end of tracks. I recently re-added a bunch of stuff and I have playlists based on play count. I don't want to listen to the track so just jumping to the end wasn't as cumbersome as this one is.

    Yes i know i can and have submitted this to apple for future functionality. I was stoked with the break up, but honestly I feel it wasn't implemented as well as it could have been.

    submitted by /u/fish1856
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina “Setting Up Your Mac” “Setting up...” for more than 12 hours! Help!?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    Why?!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    About the Community Flair: Macbook Pro → MacBook Pro

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    About the Community Flair: Macbook Pro → MacBook Pro

    I noticed the Community Flairs of r/MacOS are not same as apple.com.

    "Macbook Pro" should be "MacBook Pro", also all the "Macbook".

    And for the title, "MacOS" should be "macOS"

    Can we do anything about it?

    https://i.redd.it/yv2qawep71s31.png

    macOS from official site

    submitted by /u/Kyan001
    [link] [comments]

    Any fix for Safari fullscreen video issues?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    Catalina Download Cannot Be Verified

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 10:52 PM PDT

    Catalina running smooth as butter on older MacBook

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    I was hesitant to update because newer OS updates have made my Mac run slower in the past but I'm on a retina MBP 2012 16GB ram and it's actually running smoother than the previous update (forgot name).

    I'm sure my ram plays a large role but if anyone has similar specs and is reluctant about updating - fret not!

    <3

    submitted by /u/Miguimike
    [link] [comments]

    I got this notification on my Mac, has anyone else noticed this? This is really troubling

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    Catalina installer gets stuck at continue on clean install from internet recovery

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:09 AM PDT

    So, I'm trying to do a clean install on my Mid 2014 15" MBP.

    As per the instructions on this page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904#recovery, I pressed Option-⌘-R after booting up. At the installer screen, I erased my drive and began the setup for Catalina. When erasing my disk, I chose case senstive APFS at first. In subsequent attempts, I erased and re-partitioned the drive with APFS + case senstive + encrypted and then APFS + case insensitive and then just plain APFS.

    With all options, the Catalina installer just gets stuck at continue for a long time and does nothing.

    Any ideas what's going on?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/anonlerker
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having problems with wifi on Catalina? I’m using a late 2013 15” MBP and everything was working fine on Mojave

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:05 AM PDT

    Opera browser is super fast.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    Been running opera browser since safari now sucks without adblocker and chrome is a batteryhog. Opera is fast and getting really good battery life, try it guys! It also supports PIP!

    submitted by /u/lemonviking
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth is not working (maybe reconnecting ...)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    after update, on my MacBook Pro 15 inch mid 2015, from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6 my bluetooth stoped working. All of my 5 devices were listed in the System preferences -> Bluetooth, but I could only see their addresses (12 letters). There was no button to connect to any of my device.

    I tried: 1. Removing .plist files (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/ com.apple.Bluetooth.XXX.plist) 2. Resetting SMC 3. Resetting PRAM/NVRAM 4. Resetting bluetooth module + Removing all devices

    But none of them helped to solve my issue. In 10.14.6 when I clicked on Remove all devices (Bluetooth Debug option) I didn't see any device in System preferences, but when I restarted Mac I did see them (addresses).

    I hoped that this bluetooth problem would resolve Catalina, but it doesn't. Bluetooth is still not working, only change is that after I removed all devices and after restart I didn't see devices (addresses).

    In Catalina I can only see my bluetooth mouse and when I click on connect button, I can see how it is trying to connect, but not successfully (changing text from Connected to Not Connected repeatedly ... this problem I didn't have in 10.14.6). I can only see that mouse, any other devices are not shown.

    Do you have any ideas how it could be fixed? Any idea would be very appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/vik_torko
    [link] [comments]

    Making a SMB version 1 connection in Mac OS Catalina?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:00 AM PDT

    Since Mac OS Catalina the SMB connection is automatically at SMB version 3 (On Mojave is was still smb version 1). Thats bad because I cant connect to my NAS anymore because it only supports SMB version 1.

    Is there a way to set the smb on my Mac OS back to SMB version 1? Or making the connection with some software/client that uses the smb version 1 connection?

    submitted by /u/Kiraa7
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook glitching after updating to MacOS Catalina. Solution please?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:39 AM PDT

    All in one messenger app?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:34 AM PDT

    Looking for an app that will reduce the apps I have to have open (facebook messenger, whatsapp, messages). I've been hearing about All In One but see that on chrome it hasn't been updated since August 2018. Are there any good alternatives?

    submitted by /u/tsodapop
    [link] [comments]

    2012 macbook pro or macincloud?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    I was going to spend 400 dollars on a MacBook pro for swift and Xcode purposes until I discovered macincloud. is it good? And since I'm using macOS for just development purposes, is it a better offer?

    submitted by /u/bloocheesecake
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter for Mac released. Not the greatest experience since it feels like a half-baked tablet app with mouse control (which it is)...but glad to have it none the less.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:37 AM PDT

    Apple Mail rule to move mail to trash after 30 minutes?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:20 PM PDT

    I have regular alerts set up on my account . The way the alerts are set up makes them arrive in batches and they usually become much less important after 30 minutes. Is there a way to create a rule that does this (I have 1 day set up but the backlog becomes too much) or has anyone been able to create a script that can do that?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/drakeable
    [link] [comments]

    2016 MacBook Pro Also Won’t Turn Off. Guess It Just Has to Die

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:25 PM PDT

    Multiple versions of Safari and Preview???

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:18 PM PDT

    Multiple versions of Safari and Preview???

    I just updated to Catalina and so far hate it. RIP itunes.

    After updating, it now shows that I have 2 versions of Preview and 2 versions of Safari as shown on the screenshot. Anybody have any idea why? How do I get rid of the old ones?

    https://i.redd.it/3luw8o3r21s31.png

    submitted by /u/skinndoggydog
    [link] [comments]

    Verifying Random Apps MacOS Catalina

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:19 PM PDT

    In macOS Catalina, a random window would just pop up saying "Verifying ..." insert said app. Anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/nedanart
    [link] [comments]

    Not enough space to update MacOS Catalina

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    I went ahead and downloaded the latest update but when I tried to restart my computer it said "MacOS could not be installed" due to not enough space. Every time I restart the computer it takes me back to the same screen so I'm stuck with no way to go back and delete files to free up space. I'll restart, put my password in, it'll start loading, go to the black screen with the Apple logo and put me back on the page telling me "not enough space, restart computer". How can I get around this screen or get back into my profile to delete files to free up space?

    submitted by /u/bythebeardz
    [link] [comments]

    Subler not working on Catalina

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    Can't get subler to work for putting captions on movies since Catalina update . Any suggestions on something comparable and easy to use

    submitted by /u/kylewayne
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel