• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019

    macOS My Very Catalyst Twitter Unsolicited Redesign: this should be the very minimum.

    macOS My Very Catalyst Twitter Unsolicited Redesign: this should be the very minimum.


    My Very Catalyst Twitter Unsolicited Redesign: this should be the very minimum.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:43 AM PDT

    The “Drift” screensaver is (sadly) my favourite part of Catalina!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:14 AM PDT

    It's so beautiful and I love how customisable it is! Especially the option to use colours from your desktop wallpaper!

    I hope in the future Apple will invest in more screensavers.

    submitted by /u/lordeofmisrule
    [link] [comments]

    Automatic Dark mode Catalina vs. iOS 13?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    Hey all, unsure if this is a thing that's happening to everyone or just me. I have automatic dark mode turned on for both iOS 13 on my iPhone and for Catalina on my Mac and for some reason dark mode turns on way later on Catalina than iOS and isn't at all in sync with sunrise/sunset times. I know for Catalina it's based on Night Shift and I have that set to turn off/on at sunrise/sunset respectively, and I'm assuming iOS 13 does automatic dark mode based on this as well. Is this happening to anyone else or might it have something to do with my settings? For context, I'm in the New England area and iOS 13 seems to turn on dark mode more in line with the actual sunset here than Catalina which turns on about 2 hours after. I have automatic date/time turned on for both devices.

    submitted by /u/deathlyhallows13
    [link] [comments]

    New in the Apple ecosystem after 18 years in Linux. Hello, world!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm a Linux advanced user. My first distro was Debian Potato (v2.2) and since then I've been installing and testing many many distros. My favourite always was Gentoo Linux (ten years of usage), although I'm also fall in love with Debian and Ubuntu.

    But because reasons, I recently bought an iMac and I'm very happy with it. It's not a great jump of quality (I understand that people coming from Windows feel that way), but I'm very comfortable and very excited about enter in the Apple ecosystem.

    Any user like me here? Any advice for me? There is some things I don't like: Nautilus is way superior than Finder, there is no package manager (the App Store is only a introduction and Homebrew doesn't fit my needs)... Any concept I must to know?

    Thanks!

    (Sorry for my English if you read a big mistake! It's not my mother tongue)

    submitted by /u/annagul
    [link] [comments]

    Smart Playlists are... STILL in MacOS Catalina Music app!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    I was sure they were going to nuke them. And in turn my sole reason for sticking with iTunes/Apple Music.

    Rejoice!

    submitted by /u/bry_chan
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to create a global keyboard shortcut which enters the current date using only macOS standard tools?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:55 AM PDT

    I'm using the current date formatted as "YYYY-MM-DD" in many cases. For example as a prefix for invoices and folders and in documentation I write.

    I know there are some applications which allow to register global hotkeys for something like that but I was wondering if it is possible to do with standard macOS tools?

    I already created an AppleScript like this and got it registered as a service:

    set {year:y, month:m, day:d, time:t} to (current date) set date_ to y & "-" & m & "-" & d set the clipboard to the date_ tell application "System Events" set frontmostApplication to name of the first process whose frontmost is true end tell tell application frontmostApplication activate tell application "System Events" keystroke "v" using {command down} end tell end tell

    But I'm hanging on the global shortcut part...

    submitted by /u/mrwinkle
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting Login, normally my name is displayed. I’m on MacOS Catalina, no Developer or Public Beta installed, Official Release. Does anybody know why? It’s not a massive issue, just came across it was all, was a bit puzzled.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    [Help] Is there anything I could do about it? Updating to Catalina was probably the worst decision of my life.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    After attempting to update to Catalina, I’m stuck on this screen. I was told by my campus computer center to erase my hard drive or attempt to restore from a previous back up.... what should I do?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:56 AM PDT

    Change iPhone back up location

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    I just recently updated to Catalina and I want to update to iOS13 via "iTunes" because I cannot connect to server OTA for some reasons.

    However because my iPhoneX & my old MBP are both 256GB I will never have enough space to do it. So I'm wondering how can I change the back up location to an external hard disk, like I used to be able to do in iTunes?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/alwinwong
    [link] [comments]

    fcpx right click screen glitch

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:39 AM PDT

    fcpx right click screen glitch

    The screen of my iMac starts glitching when I right click in final cut. This problem randomly appeared a few days ago. Since the I upgraded to Catalina and reinstalled final cut but the problem is still there. Theirs something wrong with the popups. The same weird stuff shows up when I click the wifi or audio icons in the menu bar. All while final cut runs. When I quit the program my Mac behaves normal.

    Really bad situation because this machine is like my main driver for video editing. Its an iMac late 2013 with Nvidia GTX 780M. Any ideas how I can resolve this bug? Cheers

    https://i.redd.it/1mhyr6sylxs31.png

    submitted by /u/twofacereloaded
    [link] [comments]

    Pdf's are cutted on top

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    Hello, my pdfs are cutted on the top, hiw can i fix that? On others pcs it looks normal. I use the newest Macos Catalina

    submitted by /u/burakjecko
    [link] [comments]

    Checking iOS update downloads in Catalina

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:28 AM PDT

    In iTunes you could check the iOS update download status in a dedicated little section on the top right, is there a way to do that on Catalina?

    submitted by /u/Krxnos
    [link] [comments]

    Apple: What have you done to password assistant

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:03 AM PDT

    Advice needed: Alternative Mail App

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    Hello,

    can anyone reccomend a good alternative to Apple Mail that can also open MOBX-files?

    Doesn't have to be free.

    TIA!

    D. /r/

    submitted by /u/Digitalissimus
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone's having this issue on Catalina ? It seems to be affecting only the browser.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:56 PM PDT

    How to 'opt-out' of the Beta Program, without having to wipe my computer?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:32 AM PDT

    Title.

    I did the beta update to Catalina, and its been nothing but bugs. Been thinking about opting out but now I'm really over it. Help!

    submitted by /u/ikryea
    [link] [comments]

    "Others" takes up way too much storage!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:09 AM PDT

    "Others" takes up way too much storage!

    Hello Reddit-Community,

    the storage of my 13" 17' MacBook Pro is in the past month always getting full without doing anything.

    I use my Mac for common University stuff such as pages and some light coding. Netflix and some Internet browsing is also included.

    I once cleared the cache and some other stuff I found looking up on the Internet and I managed to drop the +50 GB of "Others" to under 10 GB.

    Now it already filled up again but this time its not the cache which is taking up all that stuff.

    I'll try my best to answer to your questions.

    My English is not advanced so I hope you understand my post. If you guys have an idea, please don't hesitate to let me know how to get rid of that.

    With best regards,

    The German Batman

    https://i.redd.it/xc1sz1t6kws31.png

    submitted by /u/batmansfathersfather
    [link] [comments]

    New build of Catalina 10.15 released - 19A602

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:36 AM PDT

    in the new "profiles" section of sysprefs under Catalina, I've found this - I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming it's related to Catalina but I don't know for sure. can anyone advise? is it meant to be there? is it bad? Malwarebytes tells me I'm clean! sorry about the crappy screenshot btw

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:40 AM PDT

    Which version of ZSH is present in Catalina?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    Guys, writing a script right now on Linux which is also supposed to support macOS. The script depends on the version of ZSH available and I don't have a catalina with me right now.

    Can anyone please tell me which version of zsh is installed in catalina? Running the following command in the terminal should tell you:

    zsh --version

    Please help.

    submitted by /u/vaibhav-kaushal
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina dynamic background doesn't work/won't display

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:07 PM PDT

    Late 2013 rMBP. Really weird issue, but when I select Dynamic background in Catalina, the background sets to what appears like a zoomed in, dusk version of Mojave (a version I never even saw in Mojave- sort of in between day & night).

    Even weirder, is that when I plug in my 2nd monitor, I am able to correctly set the background on that monitor. Any ideas on how to correct this? any way to do a "hard reset" of the primary screen's background?

    It looks like the Dynamic Catalina background (day or night) does NOT work at all on the primary desktop background. As you can see here, the settings are set to Catalina (the mini preview even shows it), yet the background remains Mojave: https://i.imgur.com/9ApsSTs.png

    TIA

    submitted by /u/muhwtvracct
    [link] [comments]

    Clean install of Catalina - OS/Data volumes ?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:24 PM PDT

    • Disclaimer - I posted this about a month ago and had no replies... Just trying to understand the new OS vs. data volumes. A little hesitant to do a clean install for Catalina due to this...

    Hello,

    Has anyone done a clean/bare install of Catalina ? I.e. NOT an upgrade. Rather, booting into recovery and wiping the drive, and going from there ?

    In the past/previous releases I've always done a clean install. When I do this - I reformat the drive (APFS now, formerly HFS+...). My question and concern is around the new way Catalina sets up the volumes for user data vs. OS.

    When I wipe the disk - do I format APFS ? And then will Catalina do it's thing regarding separating the volumes ?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/vom513
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen when waking from sleep after Catalina upgrade

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:52 AM PDT

    When I Close the lid and open it again I'm presented by a black screen. This does seem to be a common problem as I've seen various Apple help threads on it but no fix has been presented. I've tried changing power settings, logging in to safe mode going to sleep a few time's and coming back out again, doing the usual nvram resets and I have on advise of an Apple representative removed unnecessary launchdeamons and launchagents. Still does it.

    Took the update for Catalina last night in the hope that would fix it. Unfortunately hasn't.

    Has anyone resolved this issue? I'm on a MacBook Pro late 2016 '13 no Touch Bar.

    submitted by /u/Golhec
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Apple E-Mail Client "Pop-up" happen in Catalina?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    Debating upgrading from Mojave and if this issue is fixed would be enough to push me to upgrade.

    submitted by /u/MarkBittner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel