• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 10/16

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 10/16


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 10/16

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 10/16

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentaly forgot an actual pen.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:52 AM PDT

    Making a song from scratch quickly, iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:10 AM PDT

    Is using ipad pro as a Cintiq with Windows any good?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Hey, first post btw.

    That's it. I will buy an ipad pro 2018 12.9' at some point and i would like to also use it as a second monitor for Blender and Zbrush for sculpting and maybe photoshop (not that important) to use it with the pen of course.

    So, I have heard of Duet Display and EasyCanvas, and Astropad said on twitter they are actually making it compatible with windows (they should be doing it soon with the Sidecar realease I guess). But I am afraid any of these apps can't really work good with these other programs.

    So, is any of you using one of this apps with Windows? Does it work well with the pen? Would you mind sending a quick video showing it if possible?

    I'm also considering building a hackintosh in a near future since i need a pc soon, but if this other option works good enough with windows it would be great!

    submitted by /u/j-o-c-k
    [link] [comments]

    Printing options on the iPad

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:05 AM PDT

    Hello. I would like to be able to print from my iPad. I currently own a HP smart deskjet printer which comes with a dedicated app. However I would like to print multiple pages per sheet, duplex printing etc etc. Neither the HP nor Air print give me all the options I need. I don't feel like I'm asking for much, just the standard printing experience I would get on any computer Does anyone know an app that would let me do that?

    submitted by /u/Jaeynn
    [link] [comments]

    My iPad doesn’t like the new update.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    When you are laid up but need dual displays...the iPad comes through.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:35 PM PDT

    Onscreen keyboard not popping up, constantly having to reboot

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    Anyone else dealt with this bug? Started getting it with ios 13. It seems to be related to typing with the messages app, the onscreen keyboard will no longer appear in any app. I tried searching but all the results are about physical keyboards. Is there any way to fix this? Got the latest os update today and it still happens.

    submitted by /u/kkF6XRZQezTcYQehvybD
    [link] [comments]

    Video output via HDMI to DVI doesn’t work with Hulu or Netflix

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    I have an iPad Pro 2018 11', updated to the latest iPadOS 13.x, connected to an older monitor via USB C hub -> HDMI-to-DVI cable.

    I can view everything from my iPad on the monitor (Dell S23 something something, 23'' 1080p display), but whenever I try to play a video from Netflix or Hulu, I see a black screen on my monitor, the sound output is working fine so I know the video is playing. On my iPad, when this happens, the Netflix and Hulu apps show that "video is playing on your tv monitor."

    The weird thing is, I can play videos from YouTube, ESPN fine in full screen on the monitor through the same setup. Any ideas? Does my monitor need to have native HDMI support for this to work properly? thanks!

    submitted by /u/techontech
    [link] [comments]

    Transcribe scribbles into something more legible.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:01 AM PDT

    I have been doing some research on note apps, but haven't found anything that can take my horrible note taking scribbles and turn them into a font (on the fly).

    Does anyone know if such an app exists?

    submitted by /u/WTFishsauce
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t see or open email attachments - I only see a paperclip

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    IPP 11 on 13.1.3, I can't open or see any attachments on my emails. Have tried the following: Rebooted ,hard reboot, deleted email accounts, restored, etc. Load remote images is enabled in settings.

    The issue started with iOS 13. Am I the only one having this problem? I can't find much info on it...or my search skills are poor😬

    Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/TheTahoeGuy
    [link] [comments]

    For people who have cellular, does your device have it’s in separate phone number but can’t be used for anything? THANKS.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    I just bought the new iPad for my wife. I am currently using the 9.7 inch iPad Pro. The new iPad has an inferior glass digitizer than the 9.7 iPad pro (2016 model).

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:31 AM PDT

    Writing on the new iPad is so different. When using the apple pencil, the glass feels and sounds worse than the 9.7 inch I pad pro.

    submitted by /u/Rakeem52
    [link] [comments]

    A good screen protector for drawing?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:25 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! I have an iPad Pro, purchased autumn last year or so. I really like it and it's basically replaced using a computer or laptop.

    I like to draw on it, but the screen protector causes a bit of lag between the pro pen and the actual marks on-screen. I like having a screen protector both so the screen isn't as slick and to protect from scratches (I use it as a lightbox at times), but the lag is really bugging me.

    Any recommendations would be great!

    submitted by /u/hailandwellmet
    [link] [comments]

    [question] iPad Pro 10.5 case that directs speakers forward with Apple keyboard compatibility?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    I've been L looking for a while but the options are slim and they don't really market the forward facing speaker idea in their descriptions. I love this iPad and looking to make media consumption that much better. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/64bytesoldschool
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro + Smart Keyboard: Override automatic Uppercase (beginning of a line, after a „.“)?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:41 AM PDT

    I just tried to override a forced capital „l" while typing with my keyboard and was not able to do it :(

    I typed „sth. Like..." - so how to write „like" by using just keys of the Smart Keyboard?

    Thanks Markus

    submitted by /u/-markusb-
    [link] [comments]

    Doing a workbook in Kindle or iBooks - Need to write on worksheets

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:31 AM PDT

    So question, like many people i'm not entirely satisifed with my job at the moment, so wanted to do some excercises to figure out what it is I actually want to do. Found a book, but i didn't want a big paper book to lug around and write in, i'd prefer to just do it on my ipad. Going on a trip next week, thought that would be a good time to do some soul searching. The book i'm going to do has some excercises and tests in it, so for instance i'll be answering questions and then tallying up the score directlly on the page of the book. The book is intended to write directly on the pages.

    I already downloaded it on Kindle, and while i can highlight with the pencil, i can't actually write on the pages, many of which have questons or forms to fill in as you work through the book. I need to write on the pages for this book. I can do annotations on the page, but it's not really the same thing.

    I guess i could screen shot the relevant pages and make photos of them, and push them to another app to annotate them, but that's a lot of extra work and then i've got some things in one place and some things in another place. Is there another app where i could buy the book, so i can then write directly on the page, vs just highlight or insert hidden notes that i have to press on to open up? If that's the only way, i can make that work, but i really wanted to use the pencil to annotate on page with the pencil, vs type thoughts in.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IgnoredSphinx
    [link] [comments]

    Switching between iPad Smart Folio cover and Smart Keyboard Folio regularly

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:28 AM PDT

    I've been using my iPad (Pro 11 inch) with the Smart Folio cover for almost a year now and just yesterday picked up the Smart Keyboard Folio. Its great but I envisaged swapping between the covers when I needed the keyboard and when I'm watching media.

    I'm just wondering in practice if people actually do switch between covers if they have both? The magnets make it easy but I can also see myself leaving the keyboard case on if that large footprint doesn't get annoying as the keyboard shortcuts seem to be handy whatever you're doing on the iPad. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/VrtlBrown
    [link] [comments]

    Any word on new iPad Pro’s yet?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    It's the 16th now and I figured they would've sent out invites or something by now. Currently using the 10.5 and wanted to make the jump to the 11 but either waiting to see what new improvements come with the new model or at least get a better price on the 2018 when the new models drop.

    Looking to hand down my 10.5 to my oldest so he can hand down his Air 2 to my youngest as he can't access the Arcade on his Mini 2.

    I see that Ming states the next refresh won't occur until 2020 but he hasn't always been right, and I imagine the price of last years model will drop with just an announcement of the next refresh.

    Anyone else here in the same boat?

    submitted by /u/S_K1NG
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel