• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 27, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 27]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 27]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 27]

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Apple still allow these “free” apps in the App Store? I have seen a lot of people joining subscription without knowing.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 02:43 AM PDT

    AirPods Pro to Feature New Colors, Including Black and Midnight Green, According to Chinese Report

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 05:27 PM PDT

    So you can already fake your iPhone X to look iphone 11 ��

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:38 PM PDT

    How the home button of my iPhone 7 Plus looks after almost 3 years

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    How the iPhone X holds up at its two-year anniversary?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    I've been a nearly lifelong Android user (and plan to continue to be one), but thought i'd dip my toes into the iOS world. Having used Androids with small bezels, I couldn't justify anything older than the X, and i needed the OLED display since I was so used to them from Android. Seeing as this was a risk—buying a phone from an ecosystem i wasn't sure if i'd like yet, i went with the cheapest option, the X. (The XS and 11 Pro are just far too expensive to gamble on right now.)

    What do you iphone connaisseurs think? Did I make an okay purchase in fall 2019? How is the A11's performance relative to modern Android phones? And the camera? The battery is what i'm most worried about—at least the one i got used was still at 96%.

    If you have any thoughts or tips for me, I would love to hear them!

    submitted by /u/Peregrinestar
    [link] [comments]

    Would you prefer if Apple published an EOL date for iPhones at release?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    For example, ChromeOS says they don't guarantee support after five years. Would you prefer this treatment with iPhones?

    submitted by /u/Dave-CPA
    [link] [comments]

    Hi when do you think Apple's final 2019 event take place? Are they going to release ipads this year?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    AirPods Pro Reportedly Arriving in Several Color Options to Match the Finishes of iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro Range

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 12:23 AM PDT

    Still using an iPhone 5? iOS 10.3.4 is required to keep your phone working

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 01:02 PM PDT

    4:3 or 16:9

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:08 AM PDT

    With the new iPhone 11 Pro's, you can choose a photo setting with either 4:3 or 16:9. What ratio is the best to take photos with and what do you keep yours on?

    submitted by /u/AKeveryday
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody having trouble with the new Edit features?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    To be fair, I've only used the very basic functions, but still:

    The automatic cropping and/or leveling is incorrect and a delay to whatever I opened the Edit to do.

    Whenever I crop and then hit done, what my finished product is changes between hitting fine and the actual finish, leading me to go back to the Edit and try again.

    The trimming video didn't work half the time, whenever I try to trim from the left end it doesn't select the yellow trimming, only the video playback thing.

    That's just what I can remember but I was wondering if others had experienced the same?

    submitted by /u/PatrickIsAPersonToo
    [link] [comments]

    Removing the flashlight on lock screen

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    I know this has been an issue in the past but wondering if anyone has found a solution with the new iOS:

    Is there a way to remove the flashlight from the lock screen? Note: I've got an XS Max, I don't want to disable 'Tap to Wake' or remove it from the control centre - just the lock screen

    submitted by /u/jgoggs
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with 2 factor authentication (2FA)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:31 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Due to disappointing reviews on Pixel 4, this year I decided to see "what's on the other side". I've never owned an iPhone, only an iPod touch and some iPads in the past. Yesterday, I turned on my brand new phone and discovered I was unable to login with my apple ID because I no longer have access to the phone number I used a year or so ago to implement the 2FA on my old iPad (which I sold on the meantime). I then triggered the recovery process hoping it would take some hours for Apple to do it. But here I am, the next day with no updates on this. What is worst is that I tried to check the status on this on iforgoapple.com and when I enter mu data I get an error ("server error"). I'd like to know if there is a workaround. I REALLY need my iPhone to work ASAP since tomorrow I'll be leaving for a business trip and currently I am stick with an old android phone I had laying around in the house. Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/wminnella
    [link] [comments]

    What do I gotta keep in mind when getting a new iPhone?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    I have an IPhone 6 and I'm getting an IPhone XR soon, what do I gotta do to transfer my data? I thought about iCloud but i only have 5gb of space there. I want to transfer everything, accounts, saved passwords, etc. What do you guys do when transferring to a new iPhone? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/linkimaumi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel