• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019

    iPhone Getting a ''There was an error saving this video. Please try later'' message when I'm trying to save a video after editing it.

    iPhone Getting a ''There was an error saving this video. Please try later'' message when I'm trying to save a video after editing it.


    Getting a ''There was an error saving this video. Please try later'' message when I'm trying to save a video after editing it.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:51 PM PDT

    All the solutions I've found online are mentionning iCloud - but I don't use that. My storage is nowhere near full, only a third is used. Any tips deeply appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ultravi0lent
    [link] [comments]

    Apple just fixed my iPhone 7 that I’m going to sell. Buyer wants copy of what was fixed showing 90 day Apple warranty

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    My son cracked his iPhone 7 screen recently so I called Apple and set it up where I mailed the device to them. They replaced the screen, but then they also found other issues that they fixed like replacing the battery and they found charging issues that they also fixed.

    I'm selling this device that was basically refurbished to be a "like new" device from AppleCare. The buyer wants a copy of the receipt showing the work that was done along with the fact that it shows that there's a 90 day warranty on it. Should I provide them with a copy of it? It shows things like the old serial number and the new serial number along with the original Apple Repair ID. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Alabaster13
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Why does Outlook detect my Gmail inbox and sends me an exact 2nd copy of any email my Gmail account receives?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    I can't find this anywhere. Every time my gmail account gets an email, I get a notification of it which is working as normal.

    Then immediately afterwards, outlook sends a notification of that exact same email. I'm getting two notifications for every email my gmail account receives. I can't find a way to fix this and it's driving me nuts. It's even more annoying with the apple watch.

    Anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Mthlapo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S not charging

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    I was washing my face yesterday and kept my phone at the slab of the sink. After I washed my face I realised I spilt a lot of water around and my iPhone was wet. It did not stop working though. The sound switched to headphone mode, and without headphones I obviously couldn't hear anything on it. After sometime it put it to charging till it charged to around 50%, it was charging fine. I went to sleep after that. In the morning, the sound was fixed and I again put my phone to charging. It again charged fine. I thought nothing happened. My phone was out of battery at 2pm and when I again put it to charging, it wasn't charging. I don't have any other phone. I tried charging it with other cables, but it still did not charge. I even cleaned out the lint dirt in the charging port of the phone. But nothing seemed to have worked. What should I do? I really can't afford a new phone right now. This water incident happened yesterday night. I got this phone one year ago.

    submitted by /u/Bloomstellawinx
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 12.4 wont up date on iPhone 6 help!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    I have the phone plugged to the charger and on WiFi and i go to click on download and install it loads for a few seconds then stops and turns blue again and I'll try clicking it again and it doesn't work so idk what's the problem.

    There also isn't too much storage and I already reset the phone once

    submitted by /u/MakeupMua16
    [link] [comments]

    Slight ripple effect on bottom of iPhone XR screen when exiting apps???

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    There is a slight ripple effect on the bottom of the screen on my home screen. when I exit apps on my iPhone XR. The phone was purchased 2 days ago. I have a 14 day return window and would like to return the iPhone if this appears to be a hardware issue. Have any of you noticed this slight ripple effect when exiting apps? If not, try exiting an app and see if this happens for 1 second on the bottom of your screen.

    submitted by /u/MFVillian
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 8 plus black screen

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    my iphone 8 plus has a black screen and it doesnt even want to charge yes I DID VOLUME UP THE VOLUME DOWN THEN HOLD SIDE i did that already so you guys know any other way to fix it

    submitted by /u/MisterLTG
    [link] [comments]

    Storage issues, but seemingly not because I actually have too much data

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Bear with me, I am somewhat of a tech-peasant, but I am having issues with my iPhone 7's storage (32 gig). I realize I don't have much storage to begin with, but at the moment I am unable to play music or take new photos due to a lack of space, despite only having WhatsApp, GooglePlay Music, and Podcasts downloaded, all of which are under 200 megabytes.

    My photos take up about half a gig, but all are uploaded to the cloud, and I've even purchased more cloud space. My media and other folder seem to be the culprits, but I can't figure out why, or what could possibly be eating up that much space.

    I've hard reset multiple times and then backed up from the cloud, but the issues always came back within at least two days.

    Please help me if you can! I'm on a very limited budget, and would like to avoid going to the iStore if possible, because the consultation fee alone is already quite high, in my country.

    Thank you, in advance!

    submitted by /u/PutinsThirdLover
    [link] [comments]

    White dots on screen

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:43 AM PDT

    Today I noticed some white dot in right corner of screen.. and it kinda disappear when I press the screen but it comes back. What is it? Will it disappear on it's own? Will it spread all over or should I just let it go and live with it?

    Photo: http://ibb.co/TmCZj0X

    submitted by /u/eaud00ls
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 Plus wont ring ... just says missed call?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:34 AM PDT

    this has been happening for months and it's becoming an issue as i am missing employers phone calls. ill open up my phone and it will have the "1" badge on the call app, and it displays that i missed a call, but the phone never rang. it will show my that i missed calls IF I CHECK. my phone screen wont light up and ring when someone calls! it will only say i missed a call once i open up the phone. what do i do??

    my do not disturb is NOT ON! im at a loss for the cause

    submitted by /u/cellulitesandwich
    [link] [comments]

    Backing Up Photos using iCloud

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    Hey r/iphonehelp!

    I'll be switching from a 6S to an 8 this week and in preparation am making sure my phone's backed up. Normally, I don't use icloud to back up photos to save storage space, but since I have a few currently that I don't want to lose, I turned on photo backup before my last backup. If I turn it off, when I "restore from backup" on my new phone, will the photos be there, or should I leave photo backup on until I get my new phone?

    submitted by /u/oneandonlytara
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud backup exceeds limit - 3 MB of data selected but 5.57 GB for next backup - How?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    I am attempting to use the iCloud backup on my iPhone 7 running iOS 12.4.

    A majority of my apps use some sort of cloud service (Google and Microsoft cloud services, mainly), but I have a handful of apps that I want to have the backups in the iCloud.

    I thought this would be an easy task, but apparently it's not. I've exhausted all of my Google searching and wanted to see if anybody here had some pointers.

    I literally have a handful of MEGABYTES of app data to store in iCloud, and yet I am told that my backup will exceed my storage limits, which is the free 5 GB.

    Under my iCloud profile, I have turned off ALL of the Apple apps except for Find My Phone and iCloud Backup. Photos and everything else (like Contacts, Reminders, Messages) are OFF.

    When I click on the iCloud profile > Manage Storage I currently show 2.9 MB of 5 GB Used. If I click Backups, I see that I have 0 KB in Documents & Data, and my iPhone Backup also shows 0 KB. If I click into my iPhone backup I see that my phone has:

    • Last Backup: Never,
    • Backup Size: Zero KB, and
    • Next Backup Size: 5.57 GB.

    I have two apps chosen for Backup, the first is 2.5 MB and the other is 248 KB. Which is very small.

    I have deselected all other apps. They all show "No Data." I can't figure out why I have more than 5.5 GB of mystery data being included in the backup. What is taking up this space and how do I clear it out?

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    TL;DR - Am trying to backup a few megabytes of app data to the iCloud. Have all Apple apps deselected minus Find My Phone. Have deselected all but two apps for backup (2.5 MB total), but my next backup size is showing up as 5.57 GB. WTH?

    submitted by /u/retrovertigo
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to activate. An update is required to activate your iphone?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:56 AM PDT

    Yesterday my iphone 5s was working fine, until i got a prompt that i needed to update, and i have no service until i did so. So, i downloaded the update and installed it, after which it still didn't work. After trying again and again i finally went into settings to do a factory reset, to which now i get a message "Unable to activate. An update is required to activate your iphone."

    So, i connect the iphone in recovery mode to itunes, i reinstall the firmware and update to the latest patch (automatically through itunes), it reboots, and... still the same error. Itunes itself also has an error now : "The iphone "iphone' could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained from the device."

    https://i.ibb.co/D7j94J8/asd.png

    Did my phone just randomly break? What is going on here?

    submitted by /u/MaximumThorax
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel