• Breaking News

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    Apple Macbook What's wrong with my MacBook? It happens on fcpx every time is under stress.

    Apple Macbook What's wrong with my MacBook? It happens on fcpx every time is under stress.


    What's wrong with my MacBook? It happens on fcpx every time is under stress.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    American Truck Simulator runs great on macbook air

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:30 PM PDT

    Amazon Basic usb c for charging

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:38 PM PDT

    Is it safe to use the amazon basic cable to charge? I just want to replace the cable connecting between the macbook charger and the device but I have heard that when it comes to chargers you should always be careful with what you use.

    submitted by /u/Dexteralb
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro keyboard 2017

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:06 PM PDT

    Hello my name is Sebastian,

    I dont live in the US but I'm going to new york for 5 days, how long did it take the keyboard replacement?

    Also, did they asked you a lot of questions about the keyboard before replacing it?

    Last, my screen hinges are kind of loose, do you this they will charge me to fix this?

    submitted by /u/sebastianevertsz
    [link] [comments]

    USB-C hub with JUST usb-c/usb-a 3.0 ports?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    Hey all, was curious of anyone has a pointer to a USB-C hub that simply has some combo of USB-C and USB-A / 3.0 ports. All I want to do is move the ports from where I want my MBPr to sit over to where I sit, so I can hook in my gear that travels and needs touching (yubikey, encrypted usb drive, etc.) It seems that every USB-C thing tries to have a massive number of random port types, hdmi, dvi, card reader, ethernet, etc. while not having downstream usb-c. If there were a 2+2 usb-c / usb-a that would be perfect, but I can't find one.

    submitted by /u/ispcolo
    [link] [comments]

    Used macbook.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    Sup guys. I'm planning on buying a used macbook air or pro since I don't have any budget to buy a brand new one for now. What are the things I should check? Is it okay if it's a 5/6 year old one?

    I'm gonna use it for djing and normal stuff like web surfing, documents etc.

    Thanks for anyone who's gonna answer!

    submitted by /u/_renzmartillano
    [link] [comments]

    I want to get MacBook Pro

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    I want to use for college and play Minecraft ? Will it run Minecraft well? And stream movies and Netflix stuff.

    Keyboard issues and or thermal issues?

    submitted by /u/BrokenHearted3
    [link] [comments]

    Accessories for macbook pro.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:40 PM PDT

    Hello All, I just purchased a new MacBook two days ago. What accessories should I buy (I am a photographer and Software Engineer) Give me some cool idea!

    Specs: MBP 15.4 SG/2.4GHZ/32GB/RP560X/1TB

    submitted by /u/colethelion321
    [link] [comments]

    Going to be buying a used 2018 MacBook Air, anything I should look out for?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:44 PM PDT

    It looks like the owner took really good care of it, just wanna know if there is anything I should test/check when I meet him?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/cdzs123
    [link] [comments]

    What Macbook should I get??

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:24 PM PDT

    Hey guys, since back to school season has begun, I'm looking to buy a new macbook since my old one (13 inch, 2012 macbook pro) is starting to die.

    I'm a uni student who only uses my laptop for internet browsing and school stuff. I don't play any video games or run heavy programs

    I'm stuck between the 13" macbook air and macbook pro. Which one is the better option for me?? I'm not tech savvy so I need help figuring out which one has the best bang for my buck :)

    Thanks a ton

    submitted by /u/trappunkgirl
    [link] [comments]

    Good time to buy a 2019 15 inch?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:15 PM PDT

    Going to school for music production, leaning towards the 15 for more power, future proofing, and more screen real estate. I've heard rumours of a new 16 inch essentially coming out to replace the 15 but it's supposed to be even more expensive and this model is already kinda breaking the bank. Thoughts??

    submitted by /u/radioaktivalpaca
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren't fans kicking in at this high of a CPU temp? Even safari is saying significant energy. Laptop plugged in. 13'' 2019 MBP

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:52 PM PDT

    Macbook question.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:52 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a 2014 11 inch Macbook air. The trackpad on it can click but the computer doesn't register it. Can anyone help me? I also don't want to spend more than I payed for on repairing it.

    submitted by /u/rypizz
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 12' has terrible battery, is this normal ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit,

    I have a MacBook Pro 13' 2015 and a MacBook 12' 2015.

    The battery capacities are at 5450 mAh and 4540 mAh respectively, the Pro lasts between 9 to 10 hours, while the MacBook lasts 5 hours barely pushing 6 just doing the same tasks. Mathematically it just doesn't make sense, and my MacBook is the m3 model which is the weakest of the line, shouldn't it allow battery closer or equal to the MacBook Pro ? Or is this a normal thing on the MacBook 12' ?

    Both are on the same version of Mojave 10.14.6 and at 30-40% brightness doing some file managing, watching youtube and some audio and video file conversion here and there.

    Anyone who owns both can shed me some light ? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/hi2712
    [link] [comments]

    Is it time to consider a new MacBook if it’s starting to physically fall apart?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    Macbook 12 Re-Released

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    There is a rumour that this will be available when Apple moves to their own A processors in Macs instead of Intel (2020). Anyone else heard this?

    submitted by /u/Davegenie
    [link] [comments]

    Should You Buy a MacBook Pro or Air With a Butterfly Keyboard in 2019 ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    Setting or app for shrinking display area?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:24 AM PDT

    My old macbook pro 13" mid 2009 display is broken at the right 1/10th part of the screen, is there a setting or app by which I can turn off that part of the screen and only use the functioning part? I'm thinking of something like i remember from desktop PC's settings where you only used part of the monitor...

    https://imgur.com/a/2pIRBUg

    submitted by /u/thomaslindvig
    [link] [comments]

    How Can I Get My Macbook Air To Run Like New?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:53 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I think I have a dated macbook air, but since I still really like the device and upgrading is too expensive I am looking for way to help my laptop run better.

    I have a 13 inch, Mid 2011 with an 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, with 4GB of RAM. It is running El Captain.

    It is a bit slow, which is to be expected, but I think the real issue is the battery. It does say I need to replace soon, but I imagine I can just go to an apple store to get that done.

    It gets hot quickly, and the fan makes a lot of noise.

    I get random popups on google chrome, but that probably has more to do with chrome then anything.

    But overall just looking for tips and tricks to boost this bad boy. Should I upgrade the OS again? Not sure if that is possible, I was surprised I was able to get El Captain running on this.

    submitted by /u/bthug27
    [link] [comments]

    Should I sell my MacBook Pro 2017 13inch and get a Macbook Pro 2014 15inch ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:40 AM PDT

    Alright for most of you who saw the title are probably like: Ehh hell no the 2017 Macbook is more recent than the 2014 model. So it is way more better. Right?

    The thing is dat I have a Macbook Pro 2017 13 inch for almost a year now. And I just hate the fact that i have to carry an adapter with me to almost everywhere I go. And the fact that I like the keyboard of the older Macbook is also a thing.

    I use my laptop to do some casual stuff and edit photos and videos for school.

    The 2014 Macbook pro has an i7 compared to the i5 in the 2017 model.

    The 2014 model has 16GB of RAM compared to the 8GB of RAM in the 2017 model.

    Both have a 256 SSD (which is enough for me).

    If you look at the specs than the 2014 model will outrun the 2017 model Macbook. But I don't know how much of an impact the 2014 model will have since it is 3 years older than my Macbook (2017).

    Will the 2014 Macbook have a better performance with video and photo editing?

    I could not find an answer online so I decided to ask it on Reddit.

    submitted by /u/Elreyn
    [link] [comments]

    Some more thoughts on the upcoming "scissor-style" keyboards

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:51 AM PDT

    Let me preface this post by expressing my dislike for the current "butterfly-style" keyboards. I have the 12" MB from 2017, and while I experienced no failures, the typing experience is horrible, my fingers are in constant pain, and for anything longer than a few sentences I go for the Magic Keyboard. That being said, I'm really excited about the prospect of Apple switching to a new keyboard type. However, I have some doubts, which I'd like to express here.

    1) The current MBPs have approached the "4 year refresh cycle" and are in theory ready for a design refresh. I think this is where the 16" rumours come into play. However, as Apple has just recently refreshed the entire lineup, it doesn't make sense to launch the refresh in September.

    2) MacBook Air is only in it's 2nd year of refresh. It would be highly unlikely that Apple suddenly changes the design to accommodate a new keyboard.

    3) The 13" MBP has the "low-end" option (which was refreshed just recently) with TB. This most probably means the 13" MBP will remain the same for at least 1 more generation.

    Putting all of this into a timeline:

    1) New keyboards in Spring 2020 on 15" (aka 16").

    2) New keyboards on the 13" (aka 14") in Spring / Summer 2021.

    3) New keyboards in Air in late 2021 or even late 2022.

    submitted by /u/berlin_RAO
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE HELP PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    I SOLD A MACBOOK AIR IM GONNA SHIP IT OFF TOMORROW AND THE SCREEN IS CRACKED SO I USED A THUNDERBOLT 2 VGA ADAPTER TO HOOK IT UP TO MY MONITOR TO USE THE DISK UTILITY COMMAND R. SO I ERASED THE MACINTOSH HD AND NOW IT SHOWS THE BLINKING FOLDER I USE THE COMMAND R AND OPTION KEYS AND NONE OF THE RECOVERY MENUS OUTPUT TO THE MONITOR, IS THERE A WAY TO FORCE OUTPUT TO THE MONITOR I AM NOT ABLE TO SEE THE MENU TO REINSTALL MAC OS. PLEASE HELP!!!!

    submitted by /u/RhythmKirbyHeaven
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel