• Breaking News

    Friday, August 2, 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - August 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - August 2019


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - August 2019

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My new baby girl! Couldn't be happier!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:38 PM PDT

    Got my First Mac! Yay!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:57 PM PDT

    Macbook Rental | Macbook lease in Dubai

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:25 AM PDT

    Download error

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 11:19 PM PDT

    Hey, I am trying to install J-Edit on my Macbook Pro for some C programming, however I am getting a "JRELoadError" and also a pop up window that says I can't install it because it is not directly from the App Store?

    Any help in overcoming this would be much appreciated.

    2018 Macbook pro btw.

    submitted by /u/mortalnutshell
    [link] [comments]

    Spacebar on macbook air came off

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 10:56 PM PDT

    My spacebar key keeps coming off. Is it safe to continue using the laptop with the key detached (the button still works), or should I try to cover up the exposed area with tape?

    submitted by /u/perhapsaturningpoint
    [link] [comments]

    how to stop files from offloading

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:43 PM PDT

    i have about 10gb of music downloaded to my macbook on a file on my desktop. my laptop keeps offloading the file because their unused, since it's uploaded to spotify, which then erases it from my laptop... how can i stop it from doing that to the files, and can i specifically do it to this one file

    submitted by /u/kevinsullivansjr
    [link] [comments]

    High refresh rate external monitor

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:56 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I recently bought a mini DP to DP cable to hook up my 2014 MacBook Air to my 144hz monitor. I plugged everything in and the display was shown on the monitor, but when I went into display settings, the refresh rate was locked and said 59.88 Hertz (NTSC).

    Is there any way to set the refresh rate higher?

    submitted by /u/Dex-Max
    [link] [comments]

    Truly Terrible experience with Apple Customer Service.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    My Macbook Pro 2018 15" was purchased in February 2019.

    July 1st, 2019: Noticed TrackPad was lifted on the right essentially matching the palm rest height. Set up a repair at local Apple store with a Genius and away it went.

    July 8th: MacBook picked it up from Apple store, noticed right away the TrackPad was lifted but on the opposite side now. Also the top case they used had visible scratches and micro dents on at least one of the USB C ports.

    Talked to rep before I left and was told TrackPad was within tolerance even when questioning why none of the display models exhibit the same "cosmetic" issue. Told me to take a hike in a polite way and didn't care about my concerns.

    July 10th: Sent it in again along with with other minor issues. This time I decided to talk directly to Apple Online and setup repair with chat customer service, would save me time and driving far. The closest Apple Retail store is 40-45 mins one way.

    July 18th: Received unit back.

    New issues: Tiny tiny dent/chip on the new TOP CASE located on the top left, not happy but I can live with it.

    Touchbar seems wonky or less sensitive on right, works consistently better when "grounding" the left side of the Touchbar strip. Mentioned to tech support that possibly a software issue or normal to all Touchbar MacBooks, not overly concerned, I have no way to compare to another 15" 2018 at the time. Also has a defective letter "B" on keyboard, which is the more serious issue.

    July 22nd: Sent out again to Apple depot for repair.

    July 29th: I received it back with a piece of paper stating they could not replicate the issue with Touchbar and no work was done on the machine. Apple Repair status online mentioned the MacBook had been repaired which is confusing.

    Noticed the MacBook was Reset to Factory default (not stated on the letter) and keyboard was returned with a unusable letter "B" still.

    Time to ring Apple again, I am on the phone with a Senior rep (for 2 unnecessary hours), guy had an attitude that was repulsive and condescending, very unprofessional. In the end told me he could offer to help me setup another work order and possibly have them ship parts to the local Apple store and have them perform another top case replacement locally. Made an appointment myself for later in the day and went it and explained the situation to a rep, says he's sorry that it's a crappy situation. (yeah, no shit) He goes in the back for a few mins and returns to tell me they actually do have the parts in stock and the best he can do is offer to repair it for a third time in store but it will take anywhere from 24 to 48. OK, I unwillingly accept the offer. I have next 2 days off from work to pick it up just in case.

    July 31st: It's been 48 hours and now we are approaching day 3 of this repair, I do not receive any calls or email updates. Call the store 2 hours before closing and I am re directed (because nobody ever picks up at that store) to a really nice and helpful Senior Rep (finally). Turns out even the Senior rep himself can't get a hold of this retail store and we are both on hold for 10 mins. Eventually he is able to get in touch with someone in the store and is informed there was a slight hiccup getting the parts necessary to perform the repair which caused a delay, and more time will be needed in order to complete the repair and run diagnostics. (The genius assured me they already had the parts in store)

    That's it in a nutshell. All in all it's been almost a month without the MacBook and certainly over $1600+ in repairs, tons of wasted hours and not one hint of special consideration for the situation. Apple has ruined the fun of owning a MacBook, really disappointed.

    To be continued...

    ps1: English is not my primary language.

    ps2: This is more of a rant than a SOB story and I needed to vent out. Apologies in advance

    submitted by /u/hexbin_
    [link] [comments]

    Screen not turning on... Help??? - MBProMid2012

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:03 PM PDT

    What does anyone think to this case for the 2018 MacBook Air? I need one as my other is a bit beaten up.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    New 2019 MacBook Pro Screen Flicker / Flashes Horizontal Black Line (Is this hardware or software issue?)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:10 AM PDT

    So I just bought the new 2019 base model MacBook Pro 2 weeks ago.

    After a few days I notice the screen intermittently flashes black/red bands near the bottom half of the screen.

    This often happen more when I first open the MacBook then intermittently after.

    I first thought this is loose display cable and return the MacBook 2 days ago for a new one.

    Now 2 days in with this new one, the same problem occur, the only difference is I only see the black bands and no red bands this time.

    I have no access to an external monitor at the moment to see if this is a display cable issue.

    So, what could be the issue here? Is this a software problem or apple quality controls have fallen so low that this happen so often now?

    Any apple Tech here know if this is a Hardware related issue?

    What should I do? Return this one aswell?

    https://reddit.com/link/ckpmne/video/s4dpmt44qud31/player

    https://reddit.com/link/ckpmne/video/uf3orj44qud31/player

    submitted by /u/KimcheeRamen
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Hired a Guy Named ‘Mac Book’ to Advertise Surface Laptop 2

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:59 AM PDT

    Theres no way i can get boot camp to work!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    hello been triying for almost 3 days, to install windows 10 on my macbook pro mid 2012, each time i try i end up at a black screen with a massage "NO BOOTABLE DEVICE" this happen after boot camp resets my laptop.. i tried alot of youtube tutorials without luck!

    submitted by /u/Alejo9010
    [link] [comments]

    Is This Normal?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:52 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Air 2018, A USB-C to USB A adabper, and an regular lightning cable. This will only charge my iPhone when the macbook is ALSO plugged in. It won't charge if the macbook is unplugged.

    submitted by /u/AliceJoy
    [link] [comments]

    Worth upgrading to 2019 Base model ?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:44 PM PDT

    Is it worth to upgrade my Macbook pro 2017 w/o touchbars to 2019 Base model with touchbar ?

    submitted by /u/Atiilaa
    [link] [comments]

    $100 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    Just bought a MacBook Pro 2015 (i5) for $100. Only thing wrong is cracked screen. Should I sell it as is or upgrade to a new screen and sell it or keep it for college? (Regardless I'm getting profit, $100 for a 4 year old Mac lol)

    submitted by /u/fnk108
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13’: water damage, am I screwed?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    So, today I left my house for less than an hour and I didn't expect that a storm would show up. Unfortunately, there were open roof windows and it rained into my room.

    When I saw it, I (a big idiot) just used a paper towel to dry the water (the laptop was closed, but plugged in) and checked whether it works. It did, apart from the speakers. I also dried with a blowdryer all the cables, including the charger, checked if it worked (it did, but one port was like flickering, I mean the lightning symbol on the screen) and I thought to myself: I did a stupid thing, I should not have done it.

    Then I turned off and closed the laptop, put it on my desk upside down, and here I am writing this post, using my phone.

    What should I do now, if all the services nearby are closed? I plan on going tomorrow in the morning, but is there anything I can do? There wasn't much water, but I think the speakers and ports might have suffered a lot.

    Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/kurczewski
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion for buying a mouse.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    I am using a MacBook Pro. I am using a Targus USB C converter to connect my peripherals. I am considering to buy a new mouse and keyboard. Will the USB converter add delay to wired peripherals. Is the delay big enough to consider buying bluetooth peripherals. I don't like input lag.

    submitted by /u/MarkZiez
    [link] [comments]

    First MacBook color

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:35 AM PDT

    Hey I'm getting my first MacBook air and I'm don't Know Wich color should I get Space gray or silver? Plz help

    submitted by /u/me-me-big-boi1
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy my first MacBook (Pro mid 2010)?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:38 AM PDT

    Hey, guys.

    Title.

    My first Mac and a fairly priced one here in Brazil (cant afford a brand new to the high prices).

    Ill use for my office, only excel, pages, word... perhaps pair it with my iPad pro and iPhone XS.

    submitted by /u/mtkdragon
    [link] [comments]

    (Stupid Question) Macbook scaling Content or just the OS?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:31 AM PDT

    (Stupid Question) Macbook scaling Content or just the OS?

    I have a 15inch 2015 Macbook Pro Retina.

    Now in Display settings the default scaling is in the middle and says "looks like 1440x900".

    Now obviously the upscaling in MacOS works extremely well and everything looks smooth af.

    But my question now is, when I watch content on my screen, is the content then limited to this 1440x900 in the background and then upscaled just like the OS itself? Like for example in YT that when you watch a video in 1080p (which the original 2880x1800 could fully display), is it then rendered in 1440x900 and upscaled to the 2880x1800?

    So how is it now?

    Does Apple exclusively upscale the OS and the Content can benefit from the actual 2880x1800 pixels, or is everything upscaled inclusive content like YT, Videos, Netflix and such?

    Ty for your answers already.

    my macbook (not)

    submitted by /u/GameAndElse
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if apple cannot fix my mbp?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    Hello All,

    My 2015 13" rMBP was frequently freezing, requiring me to restart the laptop.

    First, they had me reset NVRAM and SMC which did not resolve the problem. Then I reset the laptop to factory and with a clean install it was still occurring.

    Second, I brought it in to the store and they were unable to locate a problem via diagnostic tests and suggests I take it home to see if it fixed itself. Issue occurred the first evening I had it home.

    Third, I brought it back in and they replaced the logic board. After the logic board replacement it was okay for a week, but it has started to occur again with increasing frequency.

    I booked another appointment to drop it off to be looked at this evening. I use my laptop daily for work and school, so losing it for another week while they look at it is a real pain in the butt. I'm really not in a financial place to be purchasing a new laptop right now, otherwise I would probably just trade this one in. It is incredibly frustrating.

    Does anyone have any experience with repeated failed attempts to correct an issue, and how were you able to get it resolved?

    submitted by /u/MissingSix
    [link] [comments]

    Help please! I just bought a brand new 13" MacBook Pro and when I hover the cursor over video players such as youtube, the player options do not appear. I have to pause the video every time to see for example the time remaining. It gets really annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:02 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel