• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 4, 2019

    Apple Help How are thieves able to send phishing links with Apple as sender? The link leads to a page that asks for my Apple ID and password to see the location of the stolen device.

    Apple Help How are thieves able to send phishing links with Apple as sender? The link leads to a page that asks for my Apple ID and password to see the location of the stolen device.


    How are thieves able to send phishing links with Apple as sender? The link leads to a page that asks for my Apple ID and password to see the location of the stolen device.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    I brought my iPhone to an Apple Store, an employee opened it and is putting the blame on me that I was opened before when it wasn't and is still under warranty. What are my options?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 04:59 AM PDT

    I live in Germany and I have an iPhone X that was purchased in California at the Palo Alto Apple store and the display had issues and was sort of lifted. I took it around 4 times to the store here in Hamburg and they blamed it on software issues until they realized it was a hardware issue. The phone is still under warranty so they took it to the back and an hour later I come back to the store and they said that the phone can't be covered because it was opened before.

    They they try to play it off saying "you opened this phone before you brought it to us" and then I looked at the screen and said it still looks sealed a bit so I made a few comments and they said "oh it still has the special glue so it's most likely that you replaced it". They also mentioned the screws to opened the phone weren't scratched.

    I told them why would I open the phone when it's under warranty? They said it doesn't matter if you have a problem don't purchase Apple products anymore. This made my blood boil because it's the total opposite of what great customer service is especially for Apple.

    My understanding is that they fucked up something, got scared and decided to put the blame on me, the customer. So now I'm stuck with a phone they opened and they're putting the blame on me with no options for me. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/Left4Head
    [link] [comments]

    Money Issue.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to buy gta vice city on the App Store, it costs $6.99 and I've got $7.30. But it keeps telling me I don't have enough money for it. I feel like I'm missing something but it's late so it's probably a no brainer, anyways if anyone has an answer or a suggestion to my problem please tell me.

    submitted by /u/Wild198
    [link] [comments]

    Mac boots up like this then goes blank

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    How do I enable Mail and Calendar on my School MacBook Air? I just got a MacBook Air from my school but the applications Mail and Calendar are disable but I wanted to use them to keep myself organized. Does anyone know how to fix it?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 10:13 PM PDT

    soda spill on macbook air

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:39 PM PDT

    about 2 days ago i spilled soda (not THAT much but enough that it concerned me) on my macbook air (i don't know what model it is but i bought it in 2016). after i spilled it i went to turn it off and got a towel. when i came back a couple minutes later the screen was still on as it was asking if i was sure that i wanted to close certain apps. i turned it off as quick as i could and patted down the keyboard and turned the laptop upside down on a towel. i assumes it would end up fine because it was fine for the 5 or so minutes it took me to turn it off, but now i've tried to turn it back on again it isn't working and the charger isn't charging it at all. i have applecare for 3 years and this is the third year (bought it october 2016). pls is there anything i can do or is apple gonna make me pay an obscene amount to repair it? or can i get like a new one bc i still have applecare?

    submitted by /u/elleisgay
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to reinstall the original OS X that my 2015 Macbook Air was shipped with through recovery mode and there is no disk to choose to install the software on. Please help me find a way to choose a disk.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    Hey guys i seriously need help please so i’ve been struglling with my macbook the whole day like literally i turned it up this morning and it went to the login screen then i the loading bar got stuck at 50% and the screen starts going black and show charging icon but never ends i tried verbose mode

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    Hard Drive for iMac help

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:31 PM PDT

    As a heads up I don't know much about computers but my father asked me to help him with this problem. We bought a refurbished 2012 iMac for Christmas to use as a family computer. It worked great for a few years and we kept a lot of files on it. The screen however seemed to stop working then eventually the computer died. We wanted to save the original drive (1 terabyte) so my dad had a buddy of his copy the entirety of it to another hard drive that was 4 terabytes. I can't seem to get it to read and I cant access any files on it. The new drive also shows up as full, all 4 terabytes full of RAW data. We need to be able to access the files so any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/flab101
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro or Plane Taking Off?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 07:21 PM PDT

    My MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) literally always sounds like a plane is taking off with the fans on full speed, its not 6 months old, and max specs:

    2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

    Normal?

    None of my last Macbooks have done this.

    submitted by /u/domm-
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8+ screen time issue while trying to add a password

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    Does apple care include the touchscreen repairing?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    Does apple care include the touchscreen repairing?

    submitted by /u/thehumanbeing_
    [link] [comments]

    How to access app-specific iCloud files?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    You know how apps can "sync to iCloud"? So that when, say, you get a new device, all your settings/files are transfered over automatically?

    I want to get at my files for one of my apps. Because it doesn't have an easy way to export (only does one file at a time). I can go into iCloud settings and turn it on or off, see how much space it's using, or delete everything associated.... But I haven't figured out how to download them. Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    (If you must know, it's a MIDI app. Over the years I have downloaded dozens of midis to it, and now that I have a keyboard that can load them I would like to just start off with these that I've already "curated" so to speak.)

    Edit - oh, and yes, I have looked in iTunes, but alas, this app doesn't seem to store downloaded files in that space. Although strangely I can load files in to it from there...

    submitted by /u/LongjumpingEnergy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X keeps connecting to this random Bluetooth device with no (i) option to disconnect. Any idea what this might be? Software version 12.4

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    Iphone 6s plus overheating

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, my new iphone 6s plus (2 months old) will not stop overheating, and it's not even from streaming or gaming. I turn on my phone and the first thing that happens after i attempt to do anything at all is that it overheats. I've deleted 300 photos, uninstalled many big apps, turned off location services, all of the advice i can find is not working. the battery health is normal and its operating at 99%. please help me i just need to be able to stay in contact with friends and family.

    submitted by /u/Awkwardandsad
    [link] [comments]

    Help with bringing Photos App Documents & Data, down to or close to zero, please...

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 05:52 PM PDT

    My 2016 MBP fast charges my S8 when I connect it via USB C.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    Any way to disable my Mac from charging connected devices? my battery when down 40% in 20 minutes while I was transferring data. Not to mention my laptops significantly warm.

    submitted by /u/yerawizardx
    [link] [comments]

    I CANT LEAVE SOS MODE

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    My iPhone XR Max is stuck in SOS mode when I accidentally activated it with another item in my pocket somehow. It alerted 911 and emergency contacts and now I'm stuck on a screen that says your emergency contacts have been alerted and the phone keeps talking to me and reading everything on the screen to me. I can't turn it off or restart or anything. It has a black border on whatever I'm trying to click on. Please help me I don't know what the hell ive got myself into.

    submitted by /u/vadvibes
    [link] [comments]

    Vertical line on early 2015 MacBook Air screen

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    iPhone claims my photos take up 3 gigabytes of storage, but I only have 183 photos

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    I used to have about 1,000 photos, which is when I noticed the 3 gigabytes. I went through a heavy clense and it STILL shows 3 gigabytes. What could be the issue?

    Proof, in case it is needed

    submitted by /u/dchar0511
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I download an app on my phone, it also downloads on my sister’s phone. Can I prevent this without changing her phone’s settings?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:36 AM PDT

    When I download something on my iPhone, it downloads to hers automatically. I don't like her seeing every thing I do, and she'll oftentimes comment on my app downloads. My sister lives in a different part of the country, so I can't directly access her settings.

    submitted by /u/OriginalPapaya
    [link] [comments]

    i cancelled my old credit card, and now i cant add a new one, or remove the old one

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    when i try to remove the payment method, it says that the family organizer must have at least one card on file. if i try to add my new card it says that i need to verify my old card, but i physically cant do that, because the card isnt valid anymore. its genuinly baffling me that apple would set these terrible rules. any and all help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/windyhollow
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Genius Mixes

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    How can I change its choice? Or am I only allowed to have a single genius mix, once? Can I choose a different genius mix?

    submitted by /u/geekphreak
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13 2018 screen flickering

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 10:19 AM PDT

    Hello,

    After the macOS 10.14 update (and the subsequent supplemental update), I have experienced screen flickering similar to what's in the link below. The OP of the imgur link had the same specs as me except for storage. I tried to reset NVRAM and SMC, and it might have decreased the frequency of the issue (for now), but I'm still getting it randomly.

    I have an appointment on Thursday with Apple, but my laptop is out of warranty (mid-July 2019) and I'm currently writing on it for uni, so if there's any chance this could be a software issue that can be fixed with Catalina, I'd really like to know. I'm also worried about the flickering getting worse before my assignment is due, so my question is whether this looks like it's related to a software or hardware issue?

    Can I gamble on it to last me for another month or should I just have it looked at ASAP?

    Thank you in advance!

    https://imgur.com/a/MEzBqa1

    submitted by /u/Zipanu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel