• Breaking News

    Monday, July 29, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 29]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 29]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 29]

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fell down the stairs and broke my house trying to save my iPhone

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:29 PM PDT

    As I was going downstairs I was scrolling through my reddit feed and slipped on a step right near the top. I didn't fall, but when my hands shot out to catch my balance, I dropped my phone. Whenever I drop anything, I usually kick my foot out to break its fall, so this time was no different. My right foot shot out, but it was too late. Instead of breaking my phone's fall, I kicked it straight into the wall opposite the steps. Unfortunately, as a result of watching my phone crash into the wall, I lost my footing again and slid down about ten steps, smashing my tailbone on pretty much all of them. After shouting a string of expletives, I got up and checked my phone and thankfully, it's not broken! However, the drywall where the phone impacted the wall is. So now my butt hurts, there's a hole in the drywall about eight feet off the ground and I scared the shit out of my dog. My phone though? Couldn't be better! Overall, I'd say mission accomplished.

    So if you're looking for a case that'll survive a fall down the stairs and getting booted into a wall, the Apple Battery Case seems to do the trick.

    Edit: The hole.

    submitted by /u/A_TalkingWalnut
    [link] [comments]

    What are the boxes that they are holding?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 06:48 AM PDT

    Anyone have random contacts being added to your iPhone?!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    For a few weeks I have had random contacts that have been added to my iPhone. I don't think my cloud has been hacked because I haven't received any two factor authentication texts. It will typically be the name of the person I have never contacted, their phone number, sometimes also the name of an organization or school they are at.

    It is fairly concerning.

    Using an iPhone 5 SE

    submitted by /u/katie0873
    [link] [comments]

    Anker Charging Accessories up to 35% off on Amazon. Even the fan favorite 10ft charging cord

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    [GUIDE] How to disable server-side logging of Siri commands

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    I finally attempted my first refurb.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    Ad blocker apps

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    I've been using content blocker+ for a couple years and never had ads in the YouTube app but for the last couple days I have. what ad blocker should I use to block YouTube ads

    submitted by /u/muriop
    [link] [comments]

    How Joe Coffee Brings Mobile Order-Ahead To Independent Coffee Shops

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    Those of you who switched from Android to iOS, what made you do it and are you happy with your decision?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    I have a moto g6 that I'm wanting to upgrade soon, I've been pretty loyal to Android for the last 5 or 6 years. I've always had a soft spot for MacOS but never for iOS. Im considering to move over but still not quite sure yet. Feedback would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/its__accrual__world
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime - how is this possible?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    So I am owning two iPhones, one private one and one for business.

    On the business one I am not logged into my iCloud account and I am only reachable through FaceTime via my private number. I don't have any private information entered on my business phone.

    Yet when my wife FaceTimes me on my private number, my business iPhone routes the call as well.

    How? 🤷‍♂️

    Edit: I have my wife's contact details on my business phone. Might this be the reason?

    submitted by /u/dlowin
    [link] [comments]

    I got a used iPhone X for $400!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    If an iPhone screen is repaired at an Apple store, do they make sure it is water resistant or is that gone once the original screen is removed?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:17 PM PDT

    Anyone not using a screen protector on their iPhone XR?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    I traded in my iPhone 6 for an iPhone XR at the beginning of March and I've always had a screen protector on it. I've got a tech21 case on it, I don't regularly drop it, and I always keep it in my pocket by itself when I carry it. It tends to annoy me at times like when I'm on YouTube it'll slide to the next video when I don't want it to, or on Hulu it'll grab the video position and move it around sometimes. I just want to know do I even need my screen protector?

    submitted by /u/Frostbyte_57
    [link] [comments]

    Going back to IOS after a long time with android.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    Hi guys, i have been using Iphone 3G ~ 5 for a long time, what stopped me from using iphone is that it became pricey with new release and the stupid home button (which i think it was a sort of hardware retirement thing that apple do to so we can keep changing an iphone after a certain year).

    moving to android is pretty okay since it was during the Icecream sandwich era when the UI was smooth. i won't say it is as good as apple but it works. just like what i did to apple phone, i mod in android which is a great area for people like me who love to tinker with gadgets. it's subpar to what cydia has in term of tools and apps but it's community to change the OS is appealing. or rather, at first it was appealing.

    the problem of changing to new OS like MIUI, cyanogen etc, the realization that OS like these broke my phone's function ( FM radio no longer work, multi-sim not working etc).

    going through all these for the next 5 years or so, make me go back to stock android which is bad since recent years, android put in Ads. yes fuking ads into their environment. it's like only selected brands to choose from to stay away from ads phone, even xiaomi have ads in their drawer etc.

    the last draw was huawei, after trump facso of banning android on huawei (which they lifted but i'm not buying this crap) and finally i realised that i have been changing a new handset almost every year after getting an android phone, recently my huawei phone have a bloated battery issue and this make me think of getting back an iphone.

    the primary key of coming back to apple, is that it have e-sim now, therefore i can have multi sim which is very important for my line of work.

    the problem here for me is the return to apple, i have always buy non apple product like bose wireless earphone, fossil q explorist watch, my house is google smart home etc. is it a risk for me to come back after digging so deep into google ecosystem?

    even play store i have thousands of spending there, i need advise here guys.

    submitted by /u/idetectanerd
    [link] [comments]

    Getting an XR, is a screen protector reccomended?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    I'm switching from Samsung to iPhone and I have never put a screen protector on my phone, and I've never cracked or broken my screen. I usually just buy a good case and leave it at that.

    Are screen protectors more neccessary for iPhones??

    submitted by /u/epicgamesbad
    [link] [comments]

    My friends collection

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    Apple Suddenly Confirms Radical iPhone Plans

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 07:47 AM PDT

    Does a dual mic setup work on iPhone?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 01:26 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I bought the Osmo Mobile 2 for my iPhone 8. I want to make a cool holiday movie this summer. But I think the mic from the iPhone 8 isnt that good. So Im looking for a mic to buy. But here comes my struggle, I am going on a holiday with my girlfriend, I want to hear her voice good but also my voice good. So I thought a boom mic is not a good idea because you would only hear in front of the mic, not behind (where I am standing). So I thought what if I used the Lightning to Aux cord, then place a aux splitter in there, then place a boom mic (for front audio) aux in one end and a clip mic aux in the other(for my voice).

    Will that work so the 2 audios are combined or is this just a stupid question

    Here is a illustration to give a better idea of my idea https://imgur.com/a/Px28qWD

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/rubendehont
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn’t Apple let us remove a download without removing it from the library?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:33 PM PDT

    On the iPhone Upgrade Program does it make sense to NOT upgrade your iPhone every year, if you are planning to upgrade every 2 years.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    iPhone 11 doesn't look compelling and I wasn't planning on upgrading this year but I was thinking that my monthly payment is going to remain the same until my current XS Max is paid off, which will be when the 2020 iPhone comes out—and I will get that phone. So if I don't upgrade this year I'm paying the monthly fee, if I do upgrade this year I'm still paying the monthly fee. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks y'all

    submitted by /u/dankeascorpus
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Since live wallpapers are a very interesting idea, please make them easier to use by giving an option to not require 3D Touch. I don’t like having to hard press so see my wallpaper animate.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:18 PM PDT

    Factory resetting iphone

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    For those who do not upgrade their phone every year, do you factory reset your phone after a year?

    I've had my 8 for a year now and I'm wondering if factory resetting it could possibly get it back to not stuttering as much and also somehow improve battery life?

    submitted by /u/PencilChant
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel