• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 27, 2019

    Apple Help HELP! Mac mojave stuck at 100% loading on start up. These are the lines of code before the hang up in verbose.

    Apple Help HELP! Mac mojave stuck at 100% loading on start up. These are the lines of code before the hang up in verbose.


    HELP! Mac mojave stuck at 100% loading on start up. These are the lines of code before the hang up in verbose.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 01:37 PM PDT

    Airpods won’t work

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:44 PM PDT

    I've got a pair of AirPods, and there's a problem with the right one. I've come to the conclusion that it won't charge - never dropped it or anything like that. When I put it in the case the green light blinks, indicating that it's detecting an AirPod. It won't show up on my iPhone when I open up the lid, probably because both of them aren't charged. I have also tried every method I could find, like resetting them and stuff like that, and I am also using the original charger that came in the box. If there's anything else I can do, other then described, then please notify me. Thanks

    submitted by /u/bigmanorale
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 2016 ssd upgrade

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    hey i just have a question, would a NAND SATA SSD with a adapter fit in this macbook pro 2016. If not what kind of ssd do I need to put in it?

    https://i.redd.it/airkld16nxc31.jpg

    submitted by /u/Big_Man_cs
    [link] [comments]

    Locking an XR iPhone while on a call

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 10:09 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I'm attempting to figure out how to lock my XR after a call is established, since I often talk with earbuds, and my phone in my pocket. With older models I would just hit the power button and lock it down, however I can't with this one since the phone activates onto the call screen with movement. I would like to prevent the call screen from activating with this movement altogether. Any help is appreciated, thank you

    submitted by /u/Donttakethisname_35
    [link] [comments]

    Sim not valid - new ios user need help

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:26 PM PDT

    Got a iphone 6 as a gift. Probably refurbished went on setting up the phone then it Sim not Valid message appear and I cant continue using the phone unless l remove the sim card, went searching about this and learned that I need a GPP chip smth like that and when I looked it already has one on the sim card tray so why does the problem still persists how do I unlock this thing thanks

    submitted by /u/MartyDevs
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro vs. Macbook Air for University!!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 04:14 AM PDT

    Hello!! I'm starting my first year of university this fall and on my college checklist is getting a new laptop. I currently have the 2011 Macbook Air which I've had since it came out, and I definitely cannot continue to use it due to recurring problems. So I'm trying to decide whether I should get the 13" Macbook Pro 256GB storage space or the 13" Macbook Aid (256GB) and I need some help!! I'm leaning towards the Air simply because I would be more used to its weight and it probably comes at a benefit in uni! However, are there any aspects of the Pro I should consider? I opted for the laptops with a higher storage space because I hoard a lot of things on my laptop.

    I want the laptop to last for some time, at least a year or two when I'm out of uni! I also like editing videos and do it often, but not often enough for it to be considered...like professional? It's a hobby and I'm not really expecting it to go any further than that. I've heard the Pro is better for things like that but will it make a difference if it's something I do for leisure and not as often as I would if it was for work?

    Also, I saw some complaints about the butterfly keyboard? If this becomes an issue with me could I get it fixed by Apple at no cost?

    Thanks! Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/blosserrs
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy an Apple laptop just for Photobooth and IMovie. Whats the most frugal option?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    I want to make the most frugal purchase I can on a Mac laptop as I only plan on using it for IMovie and Photobooth. Which one should I buy? If you suggest used, what price range? I dont really know what to expect here for pricing

    submitted by /u/redditforworkxo
    [link] [comments]

    Download Iphone Browsing History to Share

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    Hi, as a productivity accountability practice I've asked someone to allow me to send them my browsing history once a week just to help me keep on task with things. I was able to do it for all my PC browsers, but safari on IOS is a trickier deal.

    Does anyone know of a way to download/save the IOS safari browsing history to just share as some kind of file (PDF, cvs, html, etc.). It seems like this should be easy enough since it's just data in a table, but I can't figure out how to. The closest I got was syncinc the browser via itunes to internet explorer on PC, but that only shares bookmarks, not the history as far as I can tell.

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/MagiKKell
    [link] [comments]

    Minecraft keeps minimizing on my laptop and I think it's a macbook problem

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    after update, whichever app I am using on iPhone shows up on ipad

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:58 PM PDT

    iPhone on iOS 12.4, iPad on iOS 12.4

    previously this didn't happen, after update/ reinstalling my iPhone, I notice that whatever app I am using on my iPhone, shows up in the dock of my iPad, with a little mobile symbol on it where there would normally be the red notification bubble. It's driving me nuts. I use my iPad for school ONLY and don't want any cross over between phone and iPad...

    I can't figure out how to turn this particular feature off/ I've tried searching the internet and can't find an answer. I hope I am explaining this correctly.

    submitted by /u/urbanhippy123
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth stopped working for some odd reason.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:52 PM PDT

    I was about to use my wireless bluetooth earphones which I use ALL THE TIME. But for some odd reason it stopped connecting to my Macbook Pro. Checked Airdrop to if my earphones are bad, but Airdrop also has stopped working.

    Googled it and followed the instructions on how to reset my bluetooth and did everything: deleting the plist files, restarting SMC, debugging the bluetooth module, the whole nine yards. Still nothing.

    I checked the system information and it showed that my Bluetooth has ben disabled (pictured).

    https://i.redd.it/pe68zwg7lyc31.png

    Please help me, this has been making me crazy for 3 days now!

    Specs:

    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

    MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.5 (18F132)

    submitted by /u/joshuavisbal
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6, every time I try and text someone, it texts someone else

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    Okay. It's not really me, but my mom. So she has an iPhone 6 and has trouble texting a specific person. My mom had a boss (let's call her Boss A) who used to have a specific phone & number that was associated with the company she works for. Boss A left the company, and left her work phone + number with the company. A new boss came and got the same phone, but a different number. Every time my mom tried to text Boss B, it will link to Boss A. We even manually type in the phone number and it will still link to Boss A. It only happens with her phone though. We have also deleted and blocked Boss A as a contact, but we still haven't been able to get one text through to Boss B. I don't know if I make much sense :( English is my second language

    submitted by /u/Itstemp_orary
    [link] [comments]

    Stolen iPhone 6s just sent activation lock email, help!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 06:37 PM PDT

    My wife's iPhone 6s was stolen while in airplane mode on a flight a few months ago. She just got an email today saying "Activation Lock is requesting your password on Wife's iPhone (iPhone 6s)." First, it's not a phishing attempt from the thief: the email and sending IP address (under the full email message source) are both from Apple.com so it's a legitimate unspoofed email. Also on iCloud's Find my iPhone, the stolen phone now has a new status update "lock requested 8 hours ago".

    If anyone knows how we might get the IP address and location of where the phone was trying to activate itself, that would be great. The find my iphone link is basically not showing anything else useful like last location and says it's offline.

    submitted by /u/ben_vito
    [link] [comments]

    Colors always looked washed/lighter when connecting Macbook Pro to TV via HDMI

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    I've been trying to figure this out all week. I've tried different HDMI cables. I've tried a different TV. I've tried every color profile setting I can find in my display settings. I've adjusted the display settings on the TV. Nothing works. I have a 2017 Macbook Pro with the latest iOS.

    I just want to be able to watch my shows without losing the color quality. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone know how to fix it? It's driving me nuts

    submitted by /u/HailState2020
    [link] [comments]

    Genius Bar Experience- Am I being shortchanged?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 05:57 PM PDT

    Hello.

    I've just taken my iphone se to the apple store for fixing because of a small lift/ elevated corner on the screen- it looks like right side has popped out of the enclosure a little.

    My consultant said that is a minor common 'flaw' because of manufacturing design which develops over age and that many of their phones at the back of the store have the same thing.

    Long story short, I escalated with the manager who essentially reiterated what her had said.

    They said I could have further testing if they took it to Sydney, to see: if it is eligible for free repair, pay a replacement cost if they felt it didn't need it; or take it as is.

    I accepted their offer to take it to Sydney and will be expecting a verdict in a few weeks.

    Are they allowed to do this ??? Doesn't warranty mean they have to offer free repair/replacement for their issue?

    submitted by /u/Toms_130
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 128 question /dropbox

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 05:19 PM PDT

    Im currently on the fence on the new macbook 128gb and looking to save a few bucks. Does anyone use dropbox plus to extend their macbook storage with dropbox selective sync features. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/justfitz43
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 repair

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 05:17 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to repair this phone for my girlfriend the person who had it before her said they just dropped a few inches and it completely stopped working.

    I've tried replacing the battery but still nothing and I don't really want to spend $80 to get it fixed.

    Advice as to what it could be?

    submitted by /u/bobbyrick19238
    [link] [comments]

    I need help having storage problems but, I can't delete some of the applications like that rust folder, I searched it in spotlight and every single folder I still can't find that damn folder. Any help? Thank you :D

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    Ipad Mini 2 Turns Off On Its Own & Won't Turn Back On

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 04:49 PM PDT

    Model: A1489 (Ipad Mini 2/Wifi Only)

    IOS 12

    Hello! My mom used an ipad mini 2 for work until it started randomly shutting off on her even when charged. It can be restarted as long as it's charged up, but it continually turns off. I'm not sure what the problem could be? The iPad has been erased and had a new apple ID installed, so I think it's a software issue.

    submitted by /u/StarryEyedConfidence
    [link] [comments]

    iMac 2009 able to update from Leopard to run XCode?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    I was gifted an older iMac, Model A1226 EMC 2266 and would like to update it so I can run XCODE and compile a simple app.

    The machine came from a bank and is quite locked down. For example, I cannot load a USB device, access terminal, nor CMD R during bootup to change boot order and boot from a recovery image.

    I can go through the work of bombing the machine, getting a new HDD and seeing if I can get the OS reinstalled fresh, but I want to know if it's worth the work.

    The app I want to compile needs the latest XCODE. From what I understand, I may be able to install a newer OS (although not Catalina, something older) that works with XCODE however I'm not certain.

    Worse yet, I'm a windows user and have limited experience with Macs.

    Can anyone share if this iMac is worth the work, or if I should just rent a virtual machine by the hour?

    specs: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-2-duo-2.66-20-inch-aluminum-early-2009-specs.html

    submitted by /u/2digital_n0mads
    [link] [comments]

    Base 13” MacBook Pro with 256GB SSD and 16GB of ram or higher end 13” with faster processor, 8GB of Ram, and 4 USB-C ports?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    They both cost almost the same, but I don't know if the slightly better speakers, 2 more ports, and better CPU are worth it over 8GB of Ram.

    submitted by /u/roahgo
    [link] [comments]

    My Mac keeps showing me this Pls help I've got a paper that needs to be done till Monday. Model late 2009 21.5" if that matters.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:40 PM PDT

    Macbook to PC - Target Disk Mode

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    I need to access my internal hard drive in my Macbook with TDM. I can't back it up normally since my Macbook keeps shutting down randomly and going into reboot loop. My windows PC doesn't have a thunderbolt card in, though it can does support one. I was wondering if I could use TDM and MacDrive to transfer over a ethernet cable instead. Does anyone have experience with this?

    submitted by /u/bunnyzclan
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2016 can't connect 2 HDDs?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 10:52 AM PDT

    As the title says, I'm trying to connect two HDDs at the same time using an Anker usb c hub, an expensive one at that. But both showing up on the desktop happens 1 in every 5 attempts. One of them never shows up and I have to take it to a windows machine and run check disk to fix it. First aid on Mac shows the error 'First aid process has failed'

    Are the MacBooks not capable of connecting multiple drives at the same time? Or do I have a faulty USB C hub?

    submitted by /u/yerawizardx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel