• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 2, 2019

    Apple Help Earpods I bought from Target just broke. Possible to replace without buying new ones?

    Apple Help Earpods I bought from Target just broke. Possible to replace without buying new ones?


    Earpods I bought from Target just broke. Possible to replace without buying new ones?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    I don't have any Apple devices or "Apple Care" as I see some people talking about. Just a regular guy who walked into Target to buy some apple earbuds. They broke after 6 months of use (I can only hear out of one ear now). Any way I can get it replaced for free? I don't remember if it had any sort of warranty and also don't have the receipt anymore.

    submitted by /u/raindropsandrainbows
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experienced this yellow discolouration on a charging lead before? Original USB-c to lightning apple lead. Charging from my MacBook Pro

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:18 AM PDT

    iPhone 6S On and Working but Screen Black

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:00 PM PDT

    Using my iPhone 6S like normal, the screen suddenly goes black. Initially, I tried hard resets multiple times (home + power button), to no avail. I noticed that when I tried a hard reset, the screen would flicker dimly after about fifteen seconds, but nothing else would happen. Eventually, I realized that the phone is still on and functional as I can feel the mini-vibrations that occur with the fingerprint sensor and flicking the silent/on button. I had my friend call my phone and was able to receive the call and pick up as well. During a few tries of simply hitting the home button, the screen powered on for a millisecond or two before going black again.

    I don't have a laptop which I could install iTunes on right now, but I could get access to one later. I also have the tools to open the phone and check if the LCD screen is properly connected; I know this would void the Apple warranty, so I'm not sure if that would be a good idea. I also can't schedule an appointment with the Apple Store considering I need my phone to log into my Apple ID with two-factor identification.

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

    submitted by /u/uncreativecolors
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone with experience in the Apple Store Leader Program (ASLP)?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:21 PM PDT

    Not exactly help in the traditional sense but I thought I'd try here since r/Apple wasn't having any of it, cheers :). I've read about the ASLP on Apple's Jobs website, but I was wondering if anyone had more insight into it. Specifically, I'd love to know more about the first year's "rotating thorough various functions" would this entail working through/with different positions in the store like On Point, Runner, etc? I would love to know how anyone's experience was, and if willing to share, roughly what the pay is/was. i.e. would I be making enough money to live a decent life & pay my way through more schooling or would I need a second job? I have Bachelor's in MIS and Business Admin & would love to get in more or less on the ground floor with Apple! Thanks for any and all help, PMs are also welcome & appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Seminoles2195
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPhone 8 Plus: I can't sync certain songs I've ripped from CDs. Not authorized and Apple Music error messages

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:36 PM PDT

    I'm trying to sync some songs from iTunes to my Apple iPhone 8 Plus. For some it gives me an error message that I am not authorized to listen to them on this computer. I've taken the recommended steps to athorize my computer. Doesn't work.

    It tells me that another set of songs are unavailable because I'm not allowed to copy Apple music songs to my phone. This is odd. Because all of the songs I'm trying to copy are songs to ripped to iTunes on another PC (now at my parents' home, far away) and that I access on my PC at my home. Most of them copied fine. So why not these select ones?

    Ultimately, these are my songs. I paid for the CDs years ago. How can I get the music I paid for on my device?

    submitted by /u/fieldworkfroggy
    [link] [comments]

    Whatsapp backup ...

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    I have two Whatsapp accounts on two different iPhones and I have both backed up to iCloud, my question is if I restore the account (Whatsapp number) from one account on the other device will it remove/overwrite the data from that account (Whatsapp number)? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tony_AK47
    [link] [comments]

    Airpod Help!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:32 PM PDT

    My right airpod wouldnt connect so i decided to reset them. They would not reset until i had them on charge then finally they reset however now I cant even connect the one airpod. Ive never spilled water or anything on them so i dont Know why they stopped working. Any fixes? Iphone IOS 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/youfeelme1997
    [link] [comments]

    Last upgradeable MacBook

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    Which model is it? I'm finding different answers depending on where I look. Also would it be worth it to purchase one assuming they are over 3 years old?

    submitted by /u/RobKFC
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change the default iOS keyboard to always have a dark/night theme?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    Without downloading a new app.

    12.3.1

    submitted by /u/Hour_Independence
    [link] [comments]

    Mic on dualbooted MBP is really bad

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:03 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro 2018 with touchbar. I dualbooted it so that it runs Windows 10. Everything works fine apart from the fact that the quality of my mic is horrible. I have another friend that has also dualbooted his 2017 macbook, and his mic is crystal clear. Does anyone have a solution to this?

    TY.

    submitted by /u/mozerella-cheese
    [link] [comments]

    Can not access locked notes after password change

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    Please help I am desperate! Today for some dumb reason I decided to change my notes password. It worked fine at first but now says I have an incorrect password. I have tried old, new, everyone possible with no luck. I've tried "change password" in settings and that worked with old hint, but in notes app shows new password hint. Resetting only applies to new notes with a lock. :(

    Apple care says there is nothing they can do.

    submitted by /u/mrbutler13
    [link] [comments]

    My Buddys iPhone X got stolen.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    My friends iPhone X got stolen today. We contacted the carrier and apple that it was stolen. We erased the iPhone via his iCloud account. Is there any way the thief can still get his data? I'm mostly worried if they removed the sim card couldnt they then try to log in as many times as they'd like even with the time out? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/PumptheAC
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad pro (Ipad OS) Trying to put raw files into Lightroom straight from SD card.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:16 PM PDT

    It doesn't seem to work. It looks like I have to copy the photos to the Ipad itself which is irritating because I can't even see a preview of the photos. Is this perhaps a bug due to me running beta software?

    submitted by /u/Sneaky_Looking_Sort
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S battery replacement?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    I love my pink 6S, had it for over 4 years now. Still original battery and it hardly lasts a 40 minutes on a full charge. I don't wanna upgrade yet, but I do want to replace the battery. Should I attempt to do a battery replacement myself or go to Apple? I've done screen replacement and I have an ifixit kit. Where can I buy a high quality battery for the 6S?

    submitted by /u/SlenderLlama
    [link] [comments]

    Complicated Iphone 8 IOS issue

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    So i have an iphone 8, not plus, running IOS 12.3.2 that has an issue I haven't been able to solve yet.

    Pretty much, the iphone gets stuck on the apple logo whenever it boots up. So I've restored it 3 times now, using my computer and itunes, and the first time it worked fine i went through the setup process, and used it for a few hours, but then i powered it off (Sliding across the screen), and when i turned it back on, it was stuck on the apple logo once again. so i put it back into recovery mode and had to restore it again using itunes. then it ran out of battery and powered off on its own, and when i charged it and attempted to turn it back on, same issue; stuck on the apple logo.

    So basically, anytime it runs out of battery or i power it off, i have to restore it to use it again.

    So i've thought of a few solutions;

    1. Completely deleting the OS and re-install another IOS version, just in case its an issue with the OS.
    2. Download android OS onto the Iphone so that it doesn't get stuck on the apple logo (Since there is no apple logo on android)

    But i don't know whether either of these are even possible, or how to go about them.

    If anyone has any idea as to how i could solve this, or if either of those 2 would work, I would be extremely happy, as this is my only phone.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Zazman2004
    [link] [comments]

    Snapchat is giving me this error I deleted and redownloaded it I also made sure it had access to camera

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:14 AM PDT

    Updates are being held hostage by Apple

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    I tried to update my apps and got a ppopup saying I need to verify my payment options which I thought was strange so I created a disposable credit card with $2 limit. After putting it in the system sure enough apple tried to charge me $13.75. I have no subscriptions or pending purchases, I have never bought anything from the appstore.

    So now its stuck in a loop when I try to update my free apps saying I need to verify payment options but I will not let apple rip me off for 13 bucks. How do I bypass this bs?

    submitted by /u/Cirago
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop iPhone from switching call off when I turn the screen off.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    I updated the discord app today and since then I have not been able to turn the screen off without also turning the call off. I then tried FaceTime audio and WhatsApp and had the same problem. This is a massive problem as I am in an LDR and we leave the call on whilst we are falling asleep and waking up. I've never had this problem before (but only used discord not the other apps). Is this normal for FaceTime and WhatsApp? Is there any way to be able to keep the call on but turn the screen off? I have an iPhone XR running iOS 12.3. I have read you can do it by plugging headphones in but as I regularly turn the screen on and off whilst on the call this is not a practical fix.

    submitted by /u/Luna_Rose_
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Calendar: Unreliable Syncing Between Web and iOS

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    I'm noticing a lot of irritating sync issues using iCloud calendar. For example, the other day I deleted a recurring event via https://www.icloud.com/#calendar but my iOS devices (Apple calendar app) never updated to reflect the deletion. I had to disable and then reenable sync in the icloud settings. Another one is that the iOS app does not correctly inherit notification time preferences from events created on the web. Yesterday I created an event on the site and set it to notify me 1 day before and 1 hour before, and then when I checked it on my phone it was set to notify 1 hour before and at time of. Why?

    Is there anything that might be causing these issues?

    I would love to be rid of Apple's calendar system altogether, but it seems to be the only option on iOS if you want background syncing (at least on paper). I tried both Google Calendar and Outlook, and neither sync until you open the app.

    submitted by /u/Teleocrater
    [link] [comments]

    15" rMBP Late 2013 Speaker Confusion

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    TL;DR: Is it possible for MacOS or the firmware to shut off audio signal to one woofer if the other woofer is damaged?

    ---

    I have 15" Late 2013 rMBP. Recently, the sound became very crackly and fuzzy. I figured I'd blown the speakers out. I tested to see if it's just one speaker by using the L/R balance slider in System Preferences > Output. I discovered there is no crackling when the slider is 100% left. So obviously, the right speaker is blown, but not the left.

    Here's the confusing part, though. The right speaker seems to produce the full range of sound (highs, mids, lows) albeit crackly/fuzzy, but the left speaker only produces highs and mids. I don't get any lows from it.

    I looked at pictures of both speakers on iFixIt.com and both sides appear to have a woofer and a tweeter. I tested to see if it's the woofer or tweets causing the cracking using an equalizer, and the crackling goes away when I take away frequencies under 150Hz. So, obviously, the right woofer is causing the crackling.

    I don't see how the woofer on the left speaker could be producing zero sound. I would expect it to either be blown out like the woofer on the right, crackling to some degree or sounding normal.

    Is this normal for a speaker to be so blown out it doesn't make any sound or crackling? I've never seen this happen before.

    Images of both speakers:

    https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Retina-Mid-2012-Mid-2015-Left-Speaker/

    https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Retina-Mid-2012-Mid-2015-Right-Speaker/

    submitted by /u/RegretfulUsername
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone XR IOS 12.3.1] My phone’s data is super weird even before the update

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    So I got an iPhone XR from BOGO free deal ATT had about a month ago. No complaints until a few days ago when my Facebook and Instagram weren't refreshing. Deleted them and redownloaded and they would both say that I wasn't connected to the internet even though I have 4 bars and LTE. I did all the soft resets,reset my network settings, and updated the software too and no dice.

    Weird thing is that my mobile reddit app works for images but gifs and videos don't load. Safari works but slower. Messenger doesn't refresh, but I still get messages?

    Oh and it won't connect to any WiFi signal.

    submitted by /u/DRAGONITEVIKING
    [link] [comments]

    How can I add more storage to my MacBook?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    MacBook SMC won't reset - fans won't stop, slow and sluggish use and. high kernel task.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    Any advice? my MacBook suddenly became really slow and sluggish, the kernel task is incredibly high and the numerous attempts to reset the SMC has not worked - any advice? Desperate,

    submitted by /u/nialljh01
    [link] [comments]

    Can I limit data usage on MacBook and disable iCloud syncing when using Mobile Hotspot?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    My MacBook automatically syncs my stuff to iCloud, it's constantly freeing up room by keeping stuff I use on my Mac and haven't used in a while to the cloud. I have no problem with this feature, but as of recently I don't have internet at home and the only way I can get online is by using my mobile hotspot on my iPhone, the problem is the MacBook considers this to be like any other WiFi (I think?) and it keeps uploading my stuff when I only have a 10 GB allowance per month.

    I don't want to disable this iCloud backup entirely as I'm usually at school or out somewhere with WiFi but I just don't want it to do it when I'm tethering so that I can maximize my data allowance.

    Does anyone know a way around this?

    submitted by /u/ray201
    [link] [comments]

    iPod - WiFi not working bar one network + Bluetooth unavailable

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:26 PM PDT

    My iPod Touch, 6th gen, was operating fine on Sunday. I used it whilst exercising to listen to Spotify without a problem. Come Monday morning, Spotify crashed instantly on start up, and a reboort and turn-off-turn-on didn't fix the issue. I'd also, for perhaps 2 weeks now, not responded to the "verify apple ID" message I got, requesting me to input my password. So, on Monday when I got to work I connected to the building's wifi and tried to verify there, but the circle kept spinning and nothing happened. I gave up on it, thought nothing of it and went home later.

    Between that point and getting home, my iPod sacked its Bluetooth function - "Bluetooth unavailable". It also didn't connect to my wifi network when I got home, so I tried to do it manually and only got a message reading "Unable to join the network [Name]". I tried turning the wifi off and on, the router of and on, airplane mode off and on, the iPod off and on, rebooting it, and went to recovery mode as well. I updated it using iTunes and the problem persisted after that. I tried forgetting the network, but that did nothing to help.

    I tried looking up a solution, too, and found that resetting network settings might help - and when I tapped on "Reset" under "General" in Settings, the Settings app freezes up so I'm forced to restart the app.

    I've tried connecting my iPod to my computer to retrieve my un-backed-up-photos, and even when I "Trust" the computer on my iPod and type in my passcode, no files appear in my file explorer (I use a Windows 10 PC).

    I've tried my mobile hotspot, as well as my father's hotspot, and my iPod won't connect to any wifi network except for the one at work. That one works fine, but I can't do anything with it.

    I also uninstalled Spotify before I saw I had no internet, and I have nothing on Apple Music. So, as far as I'm concerned, the only solution is a factory reset (my photos are my only concern). My speculation is the recent heat wave in Europe (I'm in Britain), but it's been cooler today and yesterday compared to Sunday, when it was hotter and in my back pocket during exercise.

    Any help is deeply appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Agarstuff
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel