• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 15, 2019

    iPad THANK YOU Apple Engineers!!! - An absolutely life-transforming way of making biochemistry notes for medical school!

    iPad THANK YOU Apple Engineers!!! - An absolutely life-transforming way of making biochemistry notes for medical school!


    THANK YOU Apple Engineers!!! - An absolutely life-transforming way of making biochemistry notes for medical school!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    Still stoked I can use these and do all of this on the iPad!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 10:00 PM PDT

    Best Purchase for VetMed Uni, I just Love Note taking and making summaries on my iPad

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Can anyone recommend a case for iPad Pro 11 that isn’t super uncomfortable to hold while reading?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    Bonus points if it's also water resistant and/or doesn't cover up the Apple logo

    submitted by /u/TwoSickPythons
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple’s Notes app slowly becoming one of the best notes app with the iOS 13 enhancements?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    I've been using Notability for a while now and I've enjoyed using it. But, with all the changes to Apple's Notes app in iOS 13, I feel like it's getting very close to the other notes apps out there.

    All the features Apple's Notes app has including iOS 13 improvements:

    Apple Pencil drawing support

    Lines/grid support

    Document scanning

    Folders/sub folders

    Gallery view (huge feature imo)

    iCloud folder sharing

    Collaboration support

    Checklists

    Handwriting search

    Downloading notes

    Locking notes

    Full/partial eraser tool

    Split two notes on one screen

    What it's missing:

    Shapes

    Drawing lines straight (but there is a ruler for that)

    Marking up documents in the app (but you can do that natively on iOS anyways)

    Audio recording in the app

    Page zoom out

    I'm probably missing some features, but the native Notes app is truly catching up to the other apps.

    submitted by /u/Zack12299
    [link] [comments]

    How widespread is the "white spot" issue on the 10.5" iPad pro?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 08:40 AM PDT

    I'm looking to get a new iPad and I've narrowed it down to either the air 3 or the ipad pro 10.5. I found a listing for the pro for about the same price as the new air and I'm especially attracted to the pro motion display, but I also read about an issue about a white spot showing up on the pro's screen after a few months. This would be a deal breaker for me if it ends up happening .

    How widespread is the white spot issue with this model? Was it just a manufacturing problem with an early batch and was it later fixed, or are all the 10.5 iPad pro's expected to have this issue? Can I get a replacement from Apple if I buy the 10.5 new and this happens?

    submitted by /u/midway868
    [link] [comments]

    TIL you can organize lost apps by searching

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    Always have known that you can search for Apps to launch but never realized that if you long press the icon then you can start dragging. Swipe up with a different finger to close the search, and you'll still have that icon when you return to the home screen. Release the icon an it will move the app to where you placed it. video to describe

    submitted by /u/nsomnac
    [link] [comments]

    How do you protect your iPad Pro as someone that has it in their backpack everyday?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 09:26 AM PDT

    I am a student and will be purchasing one soon and Am scared of bending it or damaging it in some sort of way while I carry it around in my backpack.

    submitted by /u/givemedasmoke
    [link] [comments]

    Hands-on with 50 new iPadOS 13 changes and features.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 02:30 PM PDT

    Honest + Simple review of BRYDGE keyboard

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 11:38 AM PDT

    I was super excited to get the BRYDGE keyboard. I exclusively use my iPad Pro 2018 cellular (sold my MacBook) and absolutely love it. I got the BRYDGE keyboard because of its backlit keys, better key travel, function keys, and mostly for its ability to feel more like a normal laptop on my lap.

    After using it for a few days, I decided to take it back.

    Not because it doesn't do all those things I listed above; in fact it does all those things very well. The keyboard is great, the function keys are super useful, and it really does turn your ipad into a very MacBook feeling device. BUT, what I found for me at least, is that it takes away the magic feeling of why I fell in love with the ipad in the first place.

    It makes it wayy heavier and thicker feeling, and overall just felt like I was attaching a huge chunk of metal to my previously light weight, sleek little machine, and what bothered my most was the inability to quickly flip it from keyboard mode, to non-keyboard portrait and landscape mode and jump into using my Apple Pencil. I use the Apple smart case, which obviously is not perfect, but it is so nice to be typing out an email, press send, then with one hand quickly lift the whole thing up, and flip the keyboard around the back and then be holding it as a normal tablet with my Apple Pencil in hand back to writing notes or using it as a cursor to scroll though what ever I am doing. It is really quite difficult removing the ipad from the BRYDGE keyboard to use it as only a tablet, and in the few times I did it I ended up ripping the rubber bumpers. And then if you do remove it, you are still left with a huge piece of metal you have to deal with and have to carefully slide it back into the clamps once you're done.

    It sucks because I wanted to love it, and if you don't regularly flip your ipad back and forth between modes like me and don't mind the extra weight, maybe it won't bother you either. Just felt like it was trying to turn an ipad into a MacBook, which one you embrace iOS (or soon it be ipad os) you don't want or need.

    Anyways just my quick thoughts for anyone out there considering buying it!

    submitted by /u/GEMDDY
    [link] [comments]

    I think I did OK, yeah?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    iPad as monitor for Linux?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    I just searched the subreddit and didn't find a recent duplicate, apologies if I've missed one.

    I have an Intel NUC running Ubuntu and I don't want to set up SSH for it. At the moment I just log in via a normal setup with it plugged in to a monitor. However I'm downsizing and ideally I'd like to use my iPad Pro as the monitor. The Ubuntu server runs a few websites so latency isn't an issue, so I could VNC into it with TeamViewer or something (presumably). However I'd rather use my iPad Pro as a monitor if I can. I'm concerned that when I reboot the server I won't be able to VNC in automatically without leaving it as very insecure.

    Is this possible at all? I've looked at Duet Display but it doesn't mention anything about running on Wine.

    I don't mind apps with one off payments, I don't want to pay a subscription though.

    submitted by /u/Isle_full_of_wights
    [link] [comments]

    KVM Switch

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    Anyone try a KVM switch to swap between iPad Pro and another computer?

    Curious to hear what you're using, how it works, etc. Thx.

    submitted by /u/R3ddit0rN0t
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys! Does this bright spot on my 2017 iPad qualify for a warranty fix?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Is bending a real problem for iPad Pro 12.9" (2018)?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    I get that it's a really thin iPad, which I love... aesthetically it's just so beautiful, with that slim thin bezels and body.

    But is bending a real problem? I see all these youtube videos of people's ipads needing repairs because of a slight to average bend.

    I know JerryRigsEverything did a durability test on the new iPad, and it bent as easily as breaking a stick, but I wonder what it is really like in a real life day-to-day situation.

    Thank you..

    submitted by /u/ordosalutis
    [link] [comments]

    Should I repair my iPad 3 (Screen & WiFi Antenna)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    Sorry for the long post

    My iPad 3 64gb Wifi+Cell (Indonesia only got the 3G model) is already 7 years old and had its screen replaced twice (or maybe 3 times I lost count). I still use it to watch Youtube.

    Now it's screen is cracked on the bottom right, the touchscreen area about 3cm on the left side is dead, sometimes lagggy, sort-of broken speaker (cracks at low frequencies) and worst of all - broken WiFi antenna. It's WiFi connection is so bad it hardly detects the Starbucks wifi.

    I've been wanting to do a repair myself but kept thinking if it is worth it. Total cost for the DIY repair is Rp 300.000-ish in Rupiah (or about $22 US) and that includes for the new LCD, new WiFi antenna, and screen adhesive. I can live with the cracked speaker and the battery is -meh- ok, and that's why I don't plan on replacing it (and partly because you have to like disassemble most of the iPad just to get these two I think).

    So yeah I want to know your thoughts if I should repair it or not, and tips for doing it because I have (near) ZERO experience on phone repairing. Much thankyou.

    submitted by /u/cyaptiti
    [link] [comments]

    Kickstand option for iPad?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 12:59 PM PDT

    Hi all, My wife has started using her pen and subsequently her iPad a lot more and we were wondering if there's a hinge type case to provide the same function as the surface? I love the hinge on my SP6 and she was looking for pretty much the same function.

    Edit: should mention that it's an iPad 6th gen, which limits my options

    submitted by /u/mattbeau80
    [link] [comments]

    Sidecar on iPad screen resolution

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    I was planning to buy Surface Pro but when Apple announced iPadOS with SideCar features it's changed my mind.

    So, now since my work depends on resolution, when using iPad as a 2nd screen from Mac is the screen resolution will follow iPad Retina resolution too?

    submitted by /u/zn1p3r
    [link] [comments]

    Those of you in health and medical professional schools, what app do you use to take notes?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    Basically title. I really want to find a good app to use for note taking so I can go fully paperless.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/helpherbatman
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS and external monitors, has anything changed?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    On iOS 12 iPads had crappy external monitor support. Has this changed at all with the dev release of iPadOS? If it hasn't, anyone know if this is slated to change when the beta and or public release launches?

    submitted by /u/yadda4sure
    [link] [comments]

    Screen problem

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 11:48 AM PDT

    I discovered several long hair thin cracks along the screen of the iPad Pro 11 after one day of use. I use my device safely as possible. Could this be a hardware defect specific to my device or do you encounter this problem as well? These cracks are barely noticeable but it's there.

    submitted by /u/JOSIRED
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone tried iPadOS Beta on an iPad Mini 4?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:20 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I was wondering if anyone has tried to install or found an article about the beta version of iPadOS running on iPad Mini 4s...I'd love to see some screenshots and read up on how this new OS runs on smaller screens, but quick Googling revealed only reports with iPad Pro hardware.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/SaltyEstablishment
    [link] [comments]

    How can I record audio from ipad and my voice same time?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    Hello, i want to do something very simple todo on laptops, just record a YouTube karaoke video's audio and my microphone input at the same time.

    I can't figure out how to do it. Is it even possible? I basically want to record myself singing karaoke from YouTube videos and play it back.

    submitted by /u/knkkskknk
    [link] [comments]

    xpost from r/iosgaming: I found out that one of my favourite bms (Be-Music Source) players supports iPad BT Keyboards flawlessly

    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel