• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 1, 2019

    macOS Clean Desktop

    macOS Clean Desktop


    Clean Desktop

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 08:38 AM PDT

    Retrieve External HDD

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    I used a 2TB portable HDD to backup MacBook and also to store images and other data. I didn't make a partition (this I regret).

    One day while taking a backup, my HDD got corrupted and I'm unable to access the images I stored. Now when I connect my HDD to my MacBook, it does not recognize. I tried connecting it to a Windows machine, still the same.

    I used some flunky software from internet and it showed the data is still available on the HDD. Since the software is costly, I'd like to explore some frugal options to retrieve the images. I've close to 70K pictures - my 11-year photography hobby collection.

    I need help.

    submitted by /u/knightnjoker
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to get Time Machine to back up contents of a mounted disk image?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 06:23 PM PDT

    If I look at exclusions list while a disk image is mounted, it is included automatically and grayed out, cant be removed from exclusions. I want the backup to be of the files in the image as a mounted "drive", not backup the whole image file every time something changes in it.

    submitted by /u/tk_ios
    [link] [comments]

    My seagate free agent goflex won’t register on MacOS Mojave

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    Version 10.14.4

    I can't figure this out. Ever since i updated to mojave my external hardrive won't register... it says it is on and powered but not showing up on desktop!

    Any help?

    submitted by /u/just-a-doood
    [link] [comments]

    How do you keep your desktop organized?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 02:39 AM PDT

    I want some files always on there for quick access but it gets cluttered really quickly.

    submitted by /u/gamer20019
    [link] [comments]

    ARRG! MBP w/ Touch Bar totally locked up

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    My 2017 15" MBP w/ Touch Bar has a blank screen and is solidly frozen. It's plugged in so it's not out of power. Besides, the keyboard light is on. But holding down the "power" button does nothing.

    Help!

    submitted by /u/austai
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with safari

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I bought my first MacBook a few weeks ago, so everything has been a long adaptation process(I have used windows my whole life)

    I've installed chrome to use it as my default web browser since the first day using macOS. So today i opened safari and the search bar is the only thing that works, everything else is like frozen(back and forward page buttons, minimize, max and close ) when i click on something that is not the search bar it makes the "unable" sound.
    Any ideas of why is this happening?

    submitted by /u/Sweggtoniofaggeras
    [link] [comments]

    I restarted my MBP and now I'm on High Sierra

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 02:33 PM PDT

    I have a 2012 retina 15'' MBP. I have been on Mojave for months. I just restarted my computer because I downloaded an app. The computer booted up like normal but all of a sudden its on High Sierra, it's like I never updated to Mojave. I didn't lose any files and it's running normal. Super weird

    submitted by /u/gauchogang
    [link] [comments]

    Best incremental backup program other than Time Machine

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    I am looking for recommendations for an incremental backup program. It must meet these requirements:

    1) Be able to keep a version history on files silmilar to Time Machine. I do not require Time Machine's UI, so long as there is a way to drill back through versions of a volume, folder, or file.
    2) Be able to backup and later update the backup of various types of volumes such as System disk, other partitions of internal drive, external drives, and mounted disk images. For disk images, backup should be of the file hierarchy that appears when it is mounted and not just copy the entire image file with each update.
    3) Please do NOT recommend Time Machine because it wont handle mounted disk images as I wish.

    submitted by /u/tk_ios
    [link] [comments]

    Best pdf viewing client for macOS?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 02:43 PM PDT

    Hey all!

    I've been using Acrobat Reader for my pdf's and noticing it's quite slow when trying to Cmd-F and search for text. Any pdf viewing clients that you all have found to be better?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/vman53
    [link] [comments]

    Can't share images through Messages

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 02:34 PM PDT

    Lately when I share a screenshot through the share option or by dragging the image into Messages, the image preview shows up in Messages for OS X, however it says 'Downloading...' in my iOS Messages, and the recipient only gets a blank thumbnail with the screenshot title. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/codjeepop
    [link] [comments]

    Does a factory reset and new user make your mac run faster?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    Hi! I have a MBP 15' retina 2016 and realized recently that I have been using the same backup/user for the last 8 or so years. Would there be any reason to start over (legacy software and bloatware left over?) or is there no real difference to be had?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/hrgarber
    [link] [comments]

    Slow down mp3 playback speed on mac

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    Just replaced my windows with a mac. A week in I need to slow down an mp3 file to hear it more carefully (music theory class). Aaand it's impossible! Quicktime can't do it. Itunes can't do it. No free apps can do it (seemingly). HOW HARD IS IT TO DO?

    submitted by /u/DoubleLifeRedditor
    [link] [comments]

    Best mail client for MacOS for email hosted on GSuite?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 07:01 AM PDT

    My work moved from Exchange365 hosting to GSuite. I have always used Outlook to manage mulitple email accounts and calendars, but there are a lot of known issues between Outlook for Mac and GSuite.

    What email client have you found to work best for the business world, using multiple email accounts and calendars? In talking with clients who have used Gsuite for a while - they are on the fence between the native Apple Mail client and Spark.

    submitted by /u/JPinMN
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics Problem on Mojave

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 12:09 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I installed MacOS Mojave on my MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 with MacOS Patcher Tool. I have an Graphics Bug which I cant fix. Could someone who knows this Bug please help me or Send me a link to a site which shows how to fix this bug?

    Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/Raileks96
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a PIP Chrome Extension on MacOS

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 12:00 PM PDT

    I am currently looking for a Picture-in-Picture Chrome extension and I must say there are plenty, but the PIP is not shared across the desktops. I use IINA media player and it's PIP can be shared between desktops.

    What I am trying to say is that in fullscreen Chrome, if I put a YouTube video in PIP mode and swipe across to another application, say MS Word, then the PIP in Chrome will stay in Chrome but in IINA I can move it on top of MS Word.

    Is there any extension on Chrome that can do this?

    submitted by /u/ikhurramraza
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best disk utility?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    Hello I did a boot camp of windows but when I went to delete it Mac had an error. Now I have 50gb off unusable ssd space and built in DU can't see this partition. What is the best disk utility app to delete this partition and reformat? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kpkimmel
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change the name of a drive in the Startup Manager?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    Context: I installed Windows 10 on an external ssd (Samsung T5) via these instructions:

    https://9to5mac.com/2017/08/31/how-windows-10-mac-boot-camp-external-drive-video/

    It all works great, except in the startup manager it shows "EFI Boot" as my Windows Drive.

    Oddly enough, if I go into my OSX preferences > Startup Disk then I see the startup disk for windows correctly listed as "Boot Camp Windows".

    I've tried the "bless" command via the command line but it doesn't seem to fix the issue. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/musicalmath
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel