• Breaking News

    Friday, April 5, 2019

    macOS Weird '' Lock Screen''

    macOS Weird '' Lock Screen''


    Weird '' Lock Screen''

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    Hi since the last Mojave update I have this weird lock screen : https://imgur.com/a/A24W94S

    I use to have normal one like this one : https://www.amsys.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/this-mac-is-locked.jpg

    My issue is this new lock screen is laggy and prevent me to unlock with my Apple Watch...

    I suspect an old software called KeyLemon to have take over my lock screen but I'm not sure since I have uninstall it with CleanMyMac ... ( also everything was good before the last update )

    submitted by /u/thibe5
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why this graoh goes vertical? Weird? Macos Mojave.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    Anyone try Dolphin emulator on 10.14.4?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 11:22 AM PDT

    I ran the 10.14.4 beta and the emulator worked fine up until one of the later builds. Then the emulator started crashing any time I would try to run a game. I had to downgrade to 10.14.3 to fix this. Is this still occurring?

    submitted by /u/uncertain-ithink
    [link] [comments]

    Very, very slow Finder on refreshing file changes

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 01:09 AM PDT

    I don't know what is going on, but it is really annoying. Finders refresh speed is horrible.

    What's going on?

    • I deleted a file, it still displays in the Finder window.
    • I converted a FLAC file to MP4 (with XLD), it doesn't show up in the folder.
    • An Safari download is still 'ongoing' in Finder, but if I double click it from the downloads menu in Safari it just opens. I cannot delete the 'partial' downloaded file.
    • Made a screenshot 20 minutes earlier, still not on the desktop.

    If I open reopen the folder, content isn't displayed. If I restart Finder, it's all there. But why does it mess up every time?

    submitted by /u/iAmRenzo
    [link] [comments]

    4K monitor registering as 5K in System Report?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 01:42 PM PDT

    Curious if anyone else has had this "issue". Also hope it won't put unneeded pressure on my MacBook.

    Base 2018 MacBook Pro 15"

    https://imgur.com/V6fmQ8s

    submitted by /u/jacob2cold
    [link] [comments]

    HBOGO.com and PIP

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    Is there any where to get PIP to work again with videos from hbogo.com?

    submitted by /u/GL13
    [link] [comments]

    Quartz Compositions / Screensavers not working in Mojave?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 11:30 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    Up until recently I've used this variant of a Galaxy screensaver and Windows BSOD screensaver that was created as a .qtz file. When I went to invoke it with my hot corner the Mac said to check the developer as it was not longer compatible.

    At first I thought it was due to the fact I am using Mojave using the DosDude patcher on my MacBook Pro 13" 2011 but the official Apple savers play just fine and I can play the raw files themselves via QuickTime.

    So my question is; is there a way to get Quartz .qtz files working in Mojave? Is there a known fix / workaround that I'm not aware of?

    I can't find the source developer anymore and I would really love to keep using these savers.

    Thanks to anyone who can help out with this.

    submitted by /u/grimAXE27
    [link] [comments]

    Why do files not show in the version of Finder you get through app's save/open menus??

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    Stuck On Apple Logo

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 10:20 PM PDT

    itunes was acting funky/audio wasnt playing through my interface so I reset my mac and disconnected all peripherals and out of nowhere found it stuck on the apple logo. Tried repairing the disk in recovery mode, smc reset, tried safe mode (couldnt access it). Then I finally tried restoring from a backup from a couple weeks ago. After hours of restoring, still just a logo. Bo progress bar. Can someone please help? This is a mid 2015 MBP with SSD drive and the latest OS (though maybe not the latest decimal update, cant check right now obviously)

    submitted by /u/products7074740
    [link] [comments]

    Need help removing a user's ability to unlock FileVault on Mojave...

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    I need to remove all users' abilities to open the disk with their log ins. I saw terminal command lines that worked for previous OS' but they didn't work when I tried them on Mojave. Has anyone seen or know of a solution for this yet? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/uredditrite
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot connect second monitor to my Macbook Pro 13"(2017)

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 09:29 AM PDT

    Hello everybody, I hope I didn't open in wrong place. I have this weird issue with my Mac. I can connect it to TVs, projectors etc. But I cannot connect to monitors. So far, I tried 3 monitors but none worked. Two of them was VGA and this one is HDMI. I use iHome dongle to convert USB-C to HDMI. I've been searching for 3 days but I couldn't find a solution. My monitor model is ViewSonic VX2252MH. Is there anyone have this problem and solved it?

    https://youtu.be/Tqh2uPIC6ys

    submitted by /u/taratorick
    [link] [comments]

    Terminal command to hide "Icon?" files

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    Everytime I have an occasion to restore from Time Machine, my hundreds/thousands of folders with custom icons all contain the "Icon?" file, which is meant to be hidden. It's a bit tedious to go through all of those folders copy/pasting the icons to get rid of it, and if I don't, it interferes with my quickview experience. Is there a terminal command or something I can use to make all files of that name hidden across the system?

    submitted by /u/NeoNirvana
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone confirm if Mojave 10.14.4 can connect to WPA2 Enterprise EAP/TLS wireless?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 05:49 AM PDT

    We are on boarding our first Mac into our enterprise environment. We have hit somewhat of a roadblock when connecting to WPA2 Wifi. I have the enterprise certs installed (Root CA and Client cert), yet still I am unable to connect. Then I came across several articles about how Mojave can't connect to WPA2 Ent. wifi. Is this still true? Some article mention re-creating your certs, but not sure if that is valid.

    If it does work, can anyone provide me with info/link on Radius config, cert creation and config, and steps to add the profile to 802.1X in Network settings?

    submitted by /u/HeroesBaneAdmin
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with duplicates of send Mails in Mail App

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 01:11 PM PDT

    I am having an issue with duplicates when sending an E-Mail from Outlook Mail via IMAP with the standard Mac mail app (@outlook.de to be exact). When I normally send an E_Mail, the message will appear twice in my sent folder (even when using the outlook web client), but only be sent once.

    But when I answer to an E-Mail, two answers will be sent (at least it seems to be). Did anybody have the same problem and found a way to solve it?

    So I just connected my outlook account via Exchange and the problem was gone. Is it safe to do so, since I am using my personal outlook account? I don't really understand the difference between IMAP and Exchange.

    submitted by /u/vinyl_luc
    [link] [comments]

    Help? Continuity activation tool crashed my 3,1 Mac Pro

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    I have a 2008 3,1 8 core Mac Pro, ssd boot drive, 40 g ram. I was trying to get continuity to work using Bluetooth 4 dongle and AirPort Extreme card. I was recommended the continuity activation tool. After disabling csrutil my system crashed. After lots of trial and error I finally got it running again. However, my WiFi card is not recognized. "No hardware detected". So I bought the Broadcom WiFi and Bluetooth 4 card off amazon, and it didn't work, no hardware still. I returned it and just got a replacement and yet again it doesn't work. When I tried to 7ninstall CAT it wouldn't work. So I fully deleted it off my computer and emptied the trash and restarted. Still doesn't work. Tried resetting PRAM and every other possible th9ng I've found online, and still no hardware. So can anyone help me get this Broadcom card recognized. From what I've gathered CAT trashed my settings and the card probably works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ODDastra
    [link] [comments]

    Worried about security in Safari (10.2.1). I have Yosemite, MBP mid-2014. The only way to update Safari (v.10.1.2) is to Upgrade to Mojave/High Sierra?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    I'm one of those "if it ain't broke don't fix it" types, and so I am pretty happy running Yosemite on my mid-2014 13'' Retina MBP. The only issue is that sites keep complainig that Safari is outdated, so I'm worried about security vulnerabilities. But as far as I can tell, the only way to update Safari is to upgrade to High Sierra or Mojave. I've searched through the subreddit, and most people don't seem to have problems with the newer systems. But I really have no interest at all in all the 'syncing' capabilities, as I don't even have an iPhone. Is it still worth upgrading?

    Note that while I am not a professional programmer, I use my mac heavily for c++ and python which I use in my work. Will an upgrade destroy the myriad little tinkerings that I made over the years? (e.g., putting some frameworks in some Library folder so that SFML could work, stuff like that which it would be annoying to repeat).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ppvvaa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel