• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 4, 2019

    iPad Found a neat solution for an older IPad (Air 1) that was just laying around. It controls Sonos and Philips Hue, or always shows the weather.

    iPad Found a neat solution for an older IPad (Air 1) that was just laying around. It controls Sonos and Philips Hue, or always shows the weather.


    Found a neat solution for an older IPad (Air 1) that was just laying around. It controls Sonos and Philips Hue, or always shows the weather.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    Read this if your iPad Pro has touch response issues.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    Apple replaced my iPad Pro for this issue - where it randomly stops responding to touch, but other times works just fine.

    I tried shipping it out for repair, but Apple couldn't identify the issue. So you have to physically go to an Apple Store for this. It then took me two trips to the Apple Store, which is a long drive for me. If you're planning on making an Apple Store appointment, here's what you need to do first so you don't have to take two or more trips:

    1. Back up your iPad, then erase it.

    2. Don't restore it. Set it up as new. Then turn off iCloud Backup so your data isn't overwritten.

    3. Take a video that shows the following: - the issue happening on your erased iPad - the about screen where they can see you haven't installed any apps, and that you're on the latest non-beta software - Make sure you have no other hardware involved - a case, a keyboard, stylus, anything. They may try to replace the Apple Pencil if that's connected (they did this for me, it didn't fix it). Disconnect it and show that it's disconnected in the Bluetooth settings within the video - Make sure the angle of the video is askew, and not right over top of the iPad, this way it is especially clear that you are definitely touching the screen - Show it happening in a variety of apps, and the home screen as well if possible - Make sure your face is in the video

    4. You can restore you data now until your appointment if you'd like.

    5. Get a new iPad. As soon as they saw the video I edited down for length, I had a new iPad in less than 5 minutes.

    submitted by /u/joexg
    [link] [comments]

    AVC photo has the 11 in. iPad Pro for $649

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 07:05 AM PDT

    iPad Mini 5 LTE vs iPad Mini 4 LTE comparison album & short review

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    Having a few days to use my new iPad Mini 5 LTE

    Here's an album comparing the my Mini 4 LTE with my Mini 5 LTE.

    https://imgur.com/a/asYynWk

    tl;dr; its much faster than the mini 4, the size is an asset, and the screen is amazingly sharp.

    A little background about me. I've been using iPads since the iPad 2 and have professionally developed iOS software. I use an iPad Air 2 for work (provided by work), a Pixel 3 smartphone, a self-built Windows10/Linux PC and my wife has a gaming Win10 laptop. I have used the 10.5 Pro frequently as well. I've sampled the new Pros in stores. My personal iPad has been an iPad Mini 4 LTE with 32GB of storage. I initially acquired it as a mobile video streaming solution, but since acquiring it's taken on a larger role in my life. I just upgraded it to new Mini 5 LTE 256GB and couldn't be happier.

    Here's what my iPad is used for (both at home and out and about):

    • Handheld reading. I hold Mini one handed and read like it was a digital paperback. The Mini is very similar to a kindle here and though not as ideal without e-ink, it works for reading web articles (I'd like more customization in safari's reading mode)
    • Photo/Video Viewing. I am an amateur photographer and have library of personal content. I like storing examples of it on the iPad to share with folks as well as using the iPad to review photos on a larger screen when not at home.
    • Media Streaming. I have a preschooler who uses my iPad to watch streamed and downloaded video when on road trips, at restaurants, etc.
    • Email, Shopping, & Web Browsing. I will again sit and handhold the iPad to perform these tasks
    • I use it entirely handheld; if I'm going to set it down on a desk to use it, I'd rather use my desktop. 24" of 4K trumps any iPad's screen.

    Pro's of the new Mini 5

    • Screen is the best iPad there is for viewing photos as it exceeds high quality print (300dpi) resolution at 326ppi. Looking at it an an Air 2 showing the same photo side by side it looks better on the mini.
    • The A12 is a powerhouse compared to the A8. You will feel it in daily use.
    • The LTE radio in this thing is very good. It's fast, has reliable signal, etc. I use it on T-Mobile.
    • On the 7.9" screen the lack of promotion really isn't as noticeable as you'd think.
    • It fits in the pocket of most of my pants and shorts
    • It fits in my mirrorless camera bag.
    • It makes a wonderful reader. The size is comfortable to handhold and the 326ppi sharpness make text look crisp. Safari's reading mode is great for articles, Amazon's Kindle app works well, and Libby (digital library books) does as well.
    • The bezels may not look pretty, but they allow you to hand hold the iPad without obscuring the screen. I debated putting bezels in pros or cons, but decided on pro as I'd be annoyed if I couldn't firmly hold it while using it.
    • The Logitech Crayon is fun. I'm not an artist and I don't use it to make art. It works well for dragging sliders in photo editing software via Remote Desktop. I also have used it to sketch out what I'm working on before a Home Depot run to buy materials. The Mini is a great size for handholding the tablet and sketching something out quickly. In my case I took a photo of a some pipes, used the Crayon to add measurements and sketch a rough idea of what I wanted to change, etc. Had it available when buying materials at HD. This a new use for me.
    • USB-C to Lightning fast charging. My Pixel 3's brick works.

    Cons

    • The speakers sound fine, but the sound is emitted from one side of the device only and requires you to cup you hand around the speakers to hear it properly. Front firing speakers would be ideal. I have them on my Pixel 3 and they would be amazing on an iPad.
    • Home button is a physical clicky button; I would prefer capacitive.
    • If you're an artist I'd skip the Mini 5 and go for the Air 3 for $100 extra. While it certainly works, I'm not an artist and I found the mini's screen confined for doodling with the Logitech Crayon.
    • Not that it matters, but the rear camera is awful in terms of image quality. This isn't going to be your camera.
    • Case selection is very limited if you don't want built-in protectors and don't want a folio. Have Spigen Rugged Armor ordered; hopefully it works well.
    • No USB-C port

    iPad in general Cons:

    • Copying my own content from PC to the iPad without using cloud storage as a middleman is a chore. With my Android its just drag and drop. With the iPad it's a disaster.
    • The screen lacks contrast compared to the OLED in my Pixel 3 (applies to any iPad I've used so far, not just this one)

    Compared to the Mini 4 LTE

    • Identical in size
    • Cases physically fit but the microphone holes do not line up and the volume up/down buttons have been moved slightly toward the top of the device. Cutouts for them will not align. Whether or not this is an issue will depend on the case and your particular threshold for annoyance with tactile feedback.
    • TouchID is MUCH better. I cannot stress this enough. On my Mini 4 TouchID is painfully slow. Sometimes I feel it's faster to just unlock it with the PIN. The Mini 5 responds instantly. Protip, set "Rest finger to unlock" on in Accessibility to prevent having to press the home button once TouchID authenticates. I wish the home button was capacitive rather than physical, but still I'm glad to have the fast response. Its nearly as quick as my Pixel 3.
    • LTE connectivity is massively better. Where Hulu once constantly needed to buffer, it glides along smoothly now
    • Day to day performance is much better. Web pages render noticeable faster. Apps launch quicker. My Mini 4 would stutter and drop frames often and I had to disable animations to get it under control. The Mini 5 screams. I cannot make this thing lag.
    • TouchID's response is instantaneous, the Mini 4 always lagged while scanning the print
    • Speakers sound about the same
    • Folks on the other end of video calls say I look much better; I'll credit that to the improved selfie camera

    submitted by /u/frylock350
    [link] [comments]

    You can FINALLY view other replies on YouTube without having to close what you’re reading

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    iPad Pro as main computer

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    I'm curious and considering doing the drastic change from a Windows PC to a iPad Pro + Keyboard. I own both a Laptop with i5 and Mx150 to an iPad Pro 10,5". I mainly use it for note taking and media consumption. But I see the potential in using it as a computer, especially for school ( I am starting on high-school after the summer break). So I'm wondering, what keeps people away from having their iPad + Keyboard as main computer.

    submitted by /u/anotherBananaBaboon
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best app for animation on ipad pro?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 07:29 AM PDT

    The best and most professional app currently available for ipad pro.

    submitted by /u/Alpha_Theta
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 12.9” 3rd Gen..Screen Off time..

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    Hey, just digging for some info on others experiences here..

    I've got a 256gb 12.9" 3rd Gen IPad Pro that I've been using for the past couple of months..

    At times I feel as though the battery is discharging way faster than it should and try to double check on things (I know there are a million variables in that equation)..

    In the battery section in settings - my screen off time since yesterday at 5pm (19 hours ago) - is reported as 13 minutes.

    Some shorter intervals of time report the screen off time as zero minutes - although, I know the screen was off for at least some, if not most, of that timeframe.

    Is anyone else's screen off time reporting wildly inaccurate?

    FWIW I fully reset my iPad just over a week ago and set it up as a new iPad from scratch and am on the latest software.

    If the screen time function is useless - I'll shut it to save battery, lol.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/rwil23
    [link] [comments]

    IPad 2018 Gamepad recommendation.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 02:35 PM PDT

    Hey ppl,

    I'm looking for a Gamepad to use with my IPad, in the first place I thought I can use my Xbox One S controller, but it's seems not like that...

    Is there a possibility to use the One controller, perhaps with an adapter? Or can you recommend a gamepad?

    submitted by /u/RedditAppSlowAF
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Smart Case clone for iPad Air 3

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    I am looking for chinese iPad Air 3 case, that would basically be just an copy of the Apples iPad Air 2 Smart Case.

    I have heard many rumors about iPad Air 2 getting dropped on iOS 13, and ones of the main things why I still use iPad Air 2, is the case. The Smart Case has kept it completely clean and it's still in brand new conditon thanks to the case.

    So, I have been looking at eBay but all I find are some cases with a TPU back. I would like to have microfiber inside and outside leather (doesn't really matter is it fake or not). Oh yeah and I need it to also be the same design as the others (so firm fit, those 2 orientations, and magnetic opening/closing. Oh yeah and no Apple Pencil slot (I am broke and can't afford a pencil that I would even use lol)

    Thanks all

    submitted by /u/Piipperi800
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to use a mechanical keyboard

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    Hii, first time posting.

    I was wandering if i could connect my mechanical keyboard to my ipad (5th gen) through the camera adapter plus a usb hub.

    i was going to use this adapter: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B078YLPTL3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1PFE72FJO6F8I&psc=1

    this usb hub: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00OQ0CYFE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AXZ3JQ1GVFPIF&psc=1

    and if it is necessary, my keyboard is the KROM KERNEL TKL.

    Will i have any energy supply problem?? Thank you so much in advance

    submitted by /u/MrOazru
    [link] [comments]

    93yo Grandad has Parkinson and poor vision what app/ipad combo will help?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    Hi gang,

    First post here, be gentle please!

    My grandad has Parkinson's disease so has a tremor almost constantly. That makes it hard for him to read things because its easier if its set down steady on a table/stand.

    He also has poor vision due to his age and so needs an element of magnification - this is obviously made harder/worse because he can't hold a hand magnifer still, but anything he's reading generally needs to be sat on a table etc.

    I had a thought that perhaps an ipad with a bright screen, and then some huge text size might help, but I dont know if that's something that exists?

    I guess the ideal would be a fairly simple news-reader where he could subscribe to things, but easily flip/swipe through/down stories (or autoscroll?) while having the text be huge and easy to read.

    Is this something an ipad could do? Would it be a specific app, or can the OS itself increase the size/scale?

    Any help appreciated! Thanks

    submitted by /u/Tildah
    [link] [comments]

    picked up the keyboard after seeing 2 other redditors with it

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 09:37 PM PDT

    Q: Has anyone tried using a Paperlike Screen Film on top of a glass screen protector?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Use Zugu and Otterbox Symmetry with Pencil Grip? iPad Pro 11

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 01:31 AM PDT

    Finally got iPad Pro 11 and I'm thinking which case to buy. I'm using JIAJUN pencil case for better grip. Does anyone know if I can use the pencil case when charging if I use either Zugu or Otterbox Symmetry? I tried searching it already but all reviews I came across doesn't use any pencil case.

    submitted by /u/dadiladila
    [link] [comments]

    Hoping to get a suggestion for a power cord or surge protector with USB ports that can charge an iPad and an iPhone at the same time.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 08:17 PM PDT

    Most cords I find can charge 1 iPhone, or 2 iPhones, but not an iPad and an iPhone at the same time. I have shopped online and at some box stores but not having much luck.

    Anyone have a recommendation?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/ccualumni
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a use drone and included the iPad mini 4 to put on the controller for live view. I have the 11" Pro and this made me realize how much of a difference make having speakers on all 4 corners. listening on the mini with has speakers on only one side I feel like my other ear is not working!! lol

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    I will most likely trade it in for iPad mini 5 just because I want that fast processor and True Tone. (that's another feature for me I think makes a big difference once you are used to it) love True Tone. But making the iPad mini Pro would have been great. I wish Apple would make iPad mini 5 budget and mini Pro just like they do the big ones.

    submitted by /u/Ohio35676198
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody own both iPad Pros (12.9 & 11) and use them equally? If so, why?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 04:32 PM PDT

    I know this isn't a common thing because of the massive price tag, but I am genuinely curious if anyone has both and for what purposes.

    For example, one for home use and one for travel.

    If so, is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/MarjorineStotch
    [link] [comments]

    please recommend ipad mini4 keyboard

    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    does anyone use a keyboard for ipad mini?? (I have ipad mini4)

    what kind of keyboard do u use?

    give me a recommendation

    keyboard or keyboard cover whatever.

    thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/guru7236
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel