• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 4, 2019

    Apple Macbook "This item is temporarily unavailable" when I try to install OS X and I'm out of options.

    Apple Macbook "This item is temporarily unavailable" when I try to install OS X and I'm out of options.


    "This item is temporarily unavailable" when I try to install OS X and I'm out of options.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 04:31 PM PDT

    I bought a secondhand MacBook not too long ago, I double checked it and it was working fine and so I did a factory reset and tried starting the process of reinstalling Mac OS X El Capitan which is the option it was giving me in Mac OS X Utilities. I put in my Apple ID and password but then it said "this item is temporarily unavailable" so I've researched and tried almost every method in the book to get this fixed. Mind you I'm a new MacBook user, never had one before this so I foolishly never made a backup before resetting. I just thought it'd be an easy reset but boy was I wrong. I've tried using the correct date in terminal, tried starting up internet recovery mode but my Mac won't start it up for some reason, I've contacted Apple so they'd help me but apparently my laptop is vintage or obsolete and they advised me to make a bootable flash drive using another Mac except I don't have another MacBook and I unfortunately can't access the MacBook I do have to even download the MacOS needed. Finally I decided I'd buy a flash drive from Amazon to install it. I figured this will do the job but nope, so I'm back to square one. I just need some kind of solution to fix my brick of a laptop. Please and thank you.

    submitted by /u/DetroitTrap313
    [link] [comments]

    Command + X not working!

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    Why is my move short cut not working. But command +C/Command + V is all fine. (Using macbook pro 13)

    submitted by /u/sangeetsenan
    [link] [comments]

    What in the world could be causing this and is there a fix?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 01:53 AM PDT

    Random Shutoff and Reboot Loops

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Hello All!

    I think I may have solved the issue but I wanted to get a second opinion. TLDR on the bottom.

    Macbook Pro 15" Retina Mid 2015

    2.5 GHz i7

    16 Gb Ram 1600 MhZ DDR 3

    I was using the computer last night to browse reddit and then it suddenly shut off. It wasn't a smooth shut off but a sudden one. The screen turned blacked and I had to turn it back on.

    Upon turning it back on, I went through a reboot loop. I performed an SMC and PRAM reset that didn't help. I tried going into the Boot Camp partition and it was still experiencing the same issue.

    Today, I opened it up and noticed a lot of dust and gooey substance on it. Dust was all over the place. I noticed the gooey substance on the RAM, SSD, and the left side of the Heatsink on top of the left fan. The gooey substance looked like vape juice. I thoroughly cleaned it today and boom, it booted normally. I am currently backing up the laptop but it seems to be running fine.

    Should it be safe to say that the sudden shut off and reboot loop was caused by the gooey substance on the SSD, RAM, and Heatsinc or should I go ahead and buy another Macbook Pro? I DJ on this on the daily and wanted a 2nd opinion. I'm going to stress test it today to see if I can replicate the sudden shut off and reboot loop.

    TLDR; Macbook Pro experienced a reboot loop. Solved by cleaning the inside. The inside had a lot of dust and a gooey subtance (vape juice maybe?) on the SSD, RAM, and Heatsinc. Is it safe to say that would that cause the issue?

    submitted by /u/djwalleee
    [link] [comments]

    Entry Level MacBook Air or Entry Level MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I need a laptop that is powerful enough to handle photo editing (photoshop cc) and Xcode as I want to start programming.

    Now the question is, as the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air are around the same price, which one should I go for ?

    submitted by /u/imkasperk
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you, Apple

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    I just wanted to rave about Apple Store's fantastic customer service recently. I have a MacBook Pro (mid-2014) which succumbed to the "Staingate" issue quite badly - where the anti-reflective coating started degrading making it almost impossible to see.

    Apple support chat were really helpful at getting me an appointment at a local Apple Store last Saturday. I took it in and was told it could be 7-10 days before I got it back - it was like losing a limb! Only 4 days later, I received an email to say it was ready to collect so I was straight out the door heading to the Apple store to collect my MacBook.

    The staff were friendly and Apple covered the repair meaning I have a brand new screen that looks amazing. It's like having a brand new MacBook. Although now considered "old", this model has been extremely hard wearing and the screen has been the only issue.

    So, thank you, Apple Customer Care!

    submitted by /u/withoutmotive
    [link] [comments]

    Repair 2015 Macbook Pro or upgrade to a new model?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 07:22 AM PDT

    I have a mid 2015 15" Macbook Pro with the following specs:

    • 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    • 256 GB HDD
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Secondary AMD Radeon R9 GPU

    Unfortunately, the secondary graphics card has failed and to fix it would require a full logic board replacement, which is about ~$800.

    For that high of a repair cost, I'm torn on whether or not I should just invest in a new MBP. It would be nice to upgrade to something lighter and faster, but I've also heard a lot of mixed reviews about the newest line of Pros. What would you all recommend?

    submitted by /u/shuckleberryfinn
    [link] [comments]

    Bought my 1st MacBook! - Contacts not Syncing

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    Just bought my first MacBook ever! I somehow feel complete in the apple ecosystem now haha...

    Any tips for a first time user? I am learning as I go.

    Only issue, is my contacts are not syncing from my iPhone to my MacBook. If i create one on my Mac it syncs to my phone but not vis-versa. Any Advice?

    MacBook pro 13" 2017

    submitted by /u/tgarrett99
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 2015 fan suddenly making weird noises and high CPU usage??

    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 05:39 AM PDT

    This is a really weird issue and kinda concerning me.. A few hours ago, my 2015 MacBook Air started making loud and weird noises. I assume they come from the fan and they sound like a shutter, a clicking or a ticking mixed with the normal fan sound. I tried turning it off and on, running a hardware test (only issue was that my power cable wasn't connected during) with no results. After restarting my Macbook, I looked at the current processes and they were full of system tasks called "suggestd", "mds_stores" and "kernel_task" which swapped the number one spot in CPU usage, using between 20% and 99%... What seems to be the issue? Could someone help me out? Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/chubby_charlie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel