• Breaking News

    Monday, April 8, 2019

    Apple Macbook Mac Mini vs. IMac

    Apple Macbook Mac Mini vs. IMac


    Mac Mini vs. IMac

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    Need help deciding which to purchase.

    Recently sold my 2017 MBP (Touch Bar) as I'm no longer a student/don't have any use for a laptop.

    I'm looking for a solid machine for the next few years which will remain speedy and reliable. Mainly for occasional word processing for work + backing up photos. My computer will be located in the living room right next to my 58 inch samsung 4K tv, so obviously I would be watching movies and what not on my tv.

    Leaning towards the Mac Mini, 16 GB Ram (to future proof), 512 SSD. Unsure if its worth my $ to upgrade from the i3 to the i5. If they're still selling i3 in 2019 then I suppose I can't imagine that by any means its a slow processor.

    I like the iMac all in one solution, however, the bezels on the screen are going to look dated real fast when they inevitably upgrade the screen. Also, its a lot more expensive to get the SSD as you have to upgrade from their standard HDD (is it 2019 or 2009?).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/SomeDude8090
    [link] [comments]

    For those who have opted for non-Apple laptops due to the current issues, which laptop did you choose and why?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 09:59 PM PDT

    Mainly due to the current keyboard saga, flex-gate, and overheating issues. Curious to know which laptops both light and heavy users switched to while the current Apple laptop lineup is proving to have serious design flaws.

    submitted by /u/MarkBittner
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air / Pro 13 non-touchbar / Lenovo T480

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 07:08 AM PDT

    Edit: models, MacBook air 2018, 256gb or MacBook Pro touchbar 2018, 512gb or Lenovo t480

    I am a data analyst that is venturing into data science, my main job now still consists of building dashboards and running queries on bigquery where computing power is not a huge issue but I need excel as a daily driver and computing power here is a little higher as I deal with huge data extracts, and some mysql workbench to get stuff ported and done. Would like to know on a cost to performance ratio, which should I buy? I can afford the mentioned models but would prefer to save on costs where I can. And would like your feedback on Pro and cons on which route would be better as I am fairly new in data sciences and it's hardware requirements. Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/feltedowls
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a MacBook Pro 2017 with A touchbar and 256 SSD for $740 (Used). Was this a good deal or am I retarded?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    First MacBook purchase so I have no idea of prices. It only have minor bumps on the chassi.

    submitted by /u/JUST_CHATTING_FAPPER
    [link] [comments]

    I just acquired the nicest laptop I have ever owned and I want advice on securing it.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    Hello all. I have for a long time refurbished, flipped, resold, and bought laptops, desktops, and the like. I came across a MacBook Pro 2012 i5 that is in just out of the box condition a few weeks ago and snatched it up for 370 from a pawn shop. It came with a leather case I have kept on and I have sent put a MX500 crucial 500GB ssd and 16GB of RAM in it, which put it at about what it can max out at. I installed the latest Mojave version (I still like Sierra and High Sierra better) and tried to sell it but could not. I think I will keep it as I have never had anything this nice or new.

    What all do you all do for the software side? Antivirus like ESET? File Vault? Firmware Passwords? Besides a good password, what are things you all do with your best favorite laptops and desktops?

    submitted by /u/doc_brietz
    [link] [comments]

    PCIe SSD for a macbook Air.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    Hi guys! I'm planning to purchase a Macbook Air for travelling with. It's meant for basic work without any heavy use. I just want a decent and light machine that can plow on for a good 8 to 10 years. I would like to upgrade it to a 1TB PCIe ssd. What SSD's do could you recommend for this project? Thank you very much for your insights!

    submitted by /u/Strawberry_666
    [link] [comments]

    Looking To Buy A LEGIT 2015 Macbook Pro (new or used) Any Leads?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 02:31 AM PDT

    Hey, I have a 2018 15" MacBook Pro and I want to sell it so I downgrade. I feel the price is not worth the stress. They don't make them as durable as they used to, and fixing one small thing on it costs too much... you cannot just fix one letter on they keyboard, one has to replace the WHOLE bottom part which costs all the money in the world. My screen broke from normal daily use and I had to replace the WHOLE top part of my laptop which cost $750. A lot of my friends are also having issues... and we joke one has to have a separate emergency fund just for these new MacBooks. I cannot afford it.

    Now I am looking for a 2015 15" or 13" Macbook Pro who has any leads on where I can buy? I want legit places... with good reputations please 🙈

    submitted by /u/cirul254
    [link] [comments]

    Which dbrand skin goes well with Macbook in Gold? Also, mini-reviews on some sleeves

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    MacBook Air (2018, Retina) in Gold arrived yesterday! :D My first laptop in over ten years (Vaio)! I am so happy and I hope this will save my crappy eyesight because, outside of work, I've otherwise been using my iPhone 7+ for everything— including reading. (My 1st generation iPad Mini still clad in its Otterbox Defender has been a nice, wide drink coaster for the arm of my sofa.)

    I'm scurrying to gather things to protect my MBA now, and thanks to Reddit, I've decided on a skin + sleeve combo, instead of case.

    Does anyone think that having different top and bottom skins is weird? I know that I won't see the bottom at all while using it, but the images of completely decked-out laptops look so good. :( I've already ordered from Skinit and have just realized that it's only the top. -_- It's mustard-yellow in color.

    Initially, I did look at dbrand but am deciding to go with them for my bottom skin. I'm thinking that the most-textured (Dragon) will maybe offset the more-slippery Skinit whenever I handle the laptop. But for the overall look, it will look sort of weird to me, next to the more-cutesy (dorky cartoon design) top skin. From afar, I guess it could look like Steelers colors. Or should I go with the Red Dragon (Redskins, lol)?

    OR should I just buy matching top and bottom in a skin that pairs well with the Gold, applying just the bottom one first, and then replacing Skinit with the dbrand top when I get bored of the former? Any opinions on which dbrand skin would look best on my Gold MBA (palm, trackpad, and sides are uncovered)? Before the Skinit purchase, I'd been leaning towards one of the three Wood designs, even though they are not as textured as Dragon.

    Mini-reviews on sleeves! I can't decide between Tomtoc and Thule.

    Incase Icon 13": Looks so good and sleek in the black! But I'm a little freaked out by the thinness and floppiness of the neoprene-y material despite the perks of the bumper frame and magnetic seal. Also, it is a bit too big for my 2018 MBA. Returning this.

    Thule Gauntlet 3.0 (13" Macbook Pro): Fits more snugly than Icon but there is still maybe a tiny bit of space for the laptop to still slide around. I considered maybe throwing in a mini microfiber towel but then, I think I read a warning somewhere, about putting too much pressure on the laptop (?). I especially love the semi-hard clamshell material (being a paranoid Otterbox Commuter user for every iPhone that I've ever had). Outer shell is grippy but no handle :(

    Tomtoc 360 Protective Laptop Sleeve (Versatile-H13): Handle! Best and most snug fit. Like the Thule, there is an inner fabric "bumper" that helps to prevent the zipper from scratching the laptop's edges. It is not hard like Thule (boo) but is super-plushy inside. Outer pocket for accessories is nice, but putting the AC adapter in there is a bit of a squeeze (noticeably juts out when pocket is zipped). Wondering if I should take it out to give laptop some breathing space?

    Also, I've already bought the $19 Apple USB-C to Lightning cable but haven't opened it yet. Should I return that for the Apple dongle? Or save a few bucks and get the AmazonBasics dongle, which I need to re-read on (thought I saw that it was "certified" but not sure if MFi Certified)

    submitted by /u/eekboo
    [link] [comments]

    Display issue - any help? (Video included)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    So I'm actually on my 2nd display with this MacBook Pro, tapped my screen earlier accidentally and saw a little flicker. Tried to repeat it and basically this happened. MacBook Pro 2017 15 inch.

    Really don't want to have to wait another week for a screen replacement. Any help much appreciated!

    Video link - https://youtu.be/MMgVcESC_mc

    submitted by /u/jccage
    [link] [comments]

    More than 1 external monitor with 13" macbook pro with touch bar?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 03:10 AM PDT

    Hey there I'm using an 2017 macbook pro 13" with touch bar and own an usb c to hdmi adpater. Atm I'm using 1 external monitor connected via that adapter and I wondered if it was possible to just buy a second (similar) adapter (also usb c to hdmi) to connect a second external monitor for a total of 3 screens (2x external monitor + macbook monitor) ? I'm not asking if its possible to to make it work with 1 hdmi port because I know there is no such thing as passive hdmi splitting. The final goal is to have 3 monitors in total with all different contents in each one of them so I can increase my workflow. Would that be possible? Thanks in advance, have a nice sunday!

    submitted by /u/ZeroGearxx
    [link] [comments]

    New MBP - Can't login

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    I got a new MacBook Pro 13 (2017) yesterday, and had no problems setting it up. I logged into it a few hours ago with no problems, but now I can't. I'm sure it's the same password I'm using.

    When I try to type in my Apple ID and password to reset, the box shakes and nothing happens.

    What the hell is going on?

    EDIT: The password worked now. I'm still curious what caused it and if it will happen again.

    submitted by /u/Nilas_T
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a MagSafe 2 usb charger so I can charge my laptop from a battery pack.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 04:30 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel