• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 5, 2019

    iPhone Apple touting its privacy policy ahead of CES 2019. Outside Marriott Las vegas

    iPhone Apple touting its privacy policy ahead of CES 2019. Outside Marriott Las vegas


    Apple touting its privacy policy ahead of CES 2019. Outside Marriott Las vegas

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:38 AM PST

    Tim Cook’s letter, illustrated

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:42 PM PST

    When you are your friend try to create the ugliest memojis possible

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:26 PM PST

    Active iOS devices are growing in most countries in the world

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:35 AM PST

    I used Shortcuts and a invisible character to create a gap between my apps!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:35 PM PST

    Looks like an underwater shot of the arctic!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:36 AM PST

    You can hold down the skip button for a song to play faster! Didn’t know this so thought some of y’all wouldn’t either.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:06 AM PST

    Security researchers find over a dozen iPhone apps linked to Golduck malware

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:32 AM PST

    Because Privacy Matters

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:54 AM PST

    My iPhone SE survived for two days in the snow and rain! Saved me 600 USD!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:41 AM PST

    I lost my iPhone SE in the snow while shovelling snow in the driveway. I didn't realise it before I was done shovelling, and there was so much snow it would take me hours to find it, if at all. The next day it would rain, so I just waited and hoped for the best. I found it a few meters from the driveway the next day, after it rained for around 12 hours (there was still snow, but I could see the tip of the phone sticking up from the snow). I put the phone in a bowl with rice for around 24 hours and now it works normally! I was expecting some parts of the phone to be broken, like the speakers, mic or screen, but no, everything works!

    In the couple of days without my phone I started researching for new iPhones to buy, and my god are they expensive! (Obvious, I know, but it didn't really struck me before I was actually in a position to HAVE to buy one). I was going to buy the cheapest iPhone 7 for around 600 USD, but glad I didn't have to! For comparison, I bought my iPhone SE for 350 USD two and a half years ago (I live in Norway).

    submitted by /u/gene-machine
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 iOS 12 vs 10.0.2

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 06:07 AM PST

    Hello,

    I got a free replacement on an iPhone 6 that had a defect and it exploded. So I got the iPhone running iOS 10.0.2 but should I upgrade to iOS 12?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/salmanzr1
    [link] [comments]

    How hard do you have to pull on the screen to open an iPhone 5S??

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:44 AM PST

    I'm trying to open up a 5S that is seemingly dead; it's completely unresponsive. I removed the two screws and I'm using a suction cup to pull on the display, however, I'm pulling quite hard but the display wont come out, it only moves up very slightly at the bottom. In the past I opened my iPhone 5 and I don't remember having to pull hard at all to pull the screen out. Is there anything I'm missing or is it just much harder to pull out? I don't want to pull so hard that it suddenly opens and I rip it apart.

    Also, if anyone has any suggestions for what to check or try to fix this phone I'd appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/alex_dlc
    [link] [comments]

    Used and refurbished iPhones are 20% of the market

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 04:24 AM PST

    Is it ok to play background music 24h/24h ?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 12:14 AM PST

    Ok so here's my problem. I recently bought an Iphone 6s from a friend who did not tell me it was already damaged. Everytime I put the phone on sleep home, the touch ID is always functioning so the home button gets very hot and the battery drains overtime. It only happens when my phone is turned off.

    To prevent this from happening, I have to play something in the background everytime I'm not using my phone so when I'm sleeping as well.

    Just wanted to ask if it can cause anything harmful if I keep doing this until I get a new phone (besides losing a few % of battery) Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Skittles_SKT
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] How to stop getting iOS updates? (with/without TvOS Beta Program)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 07:34 AM PST

    I don't know if I'm not able to create this kind of post but I've made a quick search and couldn't find anything.

    I was using TvOS Beta Program to not get any updates on iOS 11 but after updating to iOS 12 cannot use those Beta Programs and old sign links don't work for me. Do you have another solution or TvOS sign link for me to stop getting updates? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/n3b3tr0n
    [link] [comments]

    Heart Rate Variability shows no results ?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:55 AM PST

    Heart rate variability doesnt work for me, any recommendations on how to fix this ? https://i.imgur.com/iTndCRP.jpg

    submitted by /u/Vicari0
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X vs XR (After owning both)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 10:55 AM PST

    So I've seen a lot of questions on this subreddit about whether or not people should upgrade to a used iPhone X or an iPhone XR. I had the iPhone X for about a year and unfortunately lost it a few months back. Didn't have carrier insurance, only AppleCare+ which doesn't replace lost devices. Instead of emptying my bank on a new X, I decided I'd try out the cheaper XR.

    I'd like to highlight a few key differences that I've noticed after using both:

    • First off, 3D touch. As someone who had used this feature pretty consistently, not having 3D touch on the XR was blow. However, the feature isn't necessary and with haptic touch the XR might eventually have the same/similar capabilities.
    • A12 vs A11: The XR has a slightly better processor with the A12, but the difference is negligible IMO. Both phones run incredibly smooth/fast.
    • Camera: Although the XR's "portrait mode" isn't as polished as the X's since it only has one lens, I find that the XR still shoots excellent portrait shots. The X has a slightly better rear camera having dual lenses, and after taking similar pictures with both phones out in the Rockies of Colorado, I feel the X's rear camera has produced better shots, but again the difference is very small. No differences noticed in the front-facing camera, although I have to say I do feel like the XR is smoothing my face slightly with the front camera, the X never had this problem.
    • Screen: Although noted by most as the largest difference between the two, the screen difference is hardly an issue. The 1080p video quality on the XR is still excellent. The X definitely had the better screen quality to my naked eye, but the slightly larger screen on the XR made up for this, to me. The biggest difference I notice is along the bezels, where there is sometimes a slight "blurring" on the iPhone XR that wasn't present in the X.
    • BIGGEST DIFFERENCE: The battery life. Man oh man, I have never been as impressed with an iPhone battery as I am with the battery inside the XR. I'm a heavy phone user, and with the X, I found that I was charging my phone in the middle of the evening after having charged it all night. The XR is a different story. With a charge over night, I get through the day on a single charge with no problem. I absolutely love the battery life on this phone.

    What should you pick? When it comes down to it, it depends. If you're able to spend a little extra on a used phone and you feel like you can find a good quality seller at a decent price, I would probably go with the X. I enjoyed the screen, camera, and 3D Touch waaaay too much. However, if you're like me and don't like buying used electronics, the iPhone XR is an excellent purchase. The battery life is noticeably better and the other differences are slight.

    submitted by /u/Cobboo
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking a device that holds my phone at eye level

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:29 AM PST

    Would like to know if theres a device that keeps my phone at eye level. Looking down pinches a nerve in my neck and i have nerve problems that keeps me from holding up my phone for a long time. Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/Its_A_Nice_Day
    [link] [comments]

    Help With WiFi

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:41 AM PST

    I keep having this problem where my iPhone (6s plus) keeps disconnecting from my home WiFi. Then, when I try to join again, and put in the correct password, it says the password is incorrect. Usually it just takes a bit of time to come back, but I want to nip this problem in the bud. I've checked that I'm entering the password right and everything, and everything else in the house remains on the WiFi when this happens to my phone, so I'm to believe it's just the phone. Can anyone help shed some light on this issue?

    submitted by /u/PeenShween
    [link] [comments]

    Random Apollo16 app

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 10:02 PM PST

    Network problem iPhone XS Max

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 07:48 AM PST

    Guys I am using iPhone XS Max for 1 month almost. There is a consistent problem with people cannot finding me when they call. I also checked many times with another phn that I can't reach my iPhone SIM when it is in just my hand working fine. The network is always okay. I am confused what the hell is going on guys.

    submitted by /u/mithun1521
    [link] [comments]

    Trading in your old iPhone at an Apple store?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 07:36 AM PST

    I'm coming to the US soon, and saw on Apple's website they're offering you some pretty good trade in deals. I currently have an iPhone 7, and will likely upgrade to a Xr. I was just wondering how to go about trading in my old phone? Should I factory reset it before going to the store or do they need to see if it works first?

    I tried looking at Apple's website for any information about this, but couldn't find any.

    submitted by /u/Cazzem
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel