• Breaking News

    Friday, January 4, 2019

    Apple Watch Thanks, but I think I’ll pass on the kaleidoscope this time, Apple!

    Apple Watch Thanks, but I think I’ll pass on the kaleidoscope this time, Apple!


    Thanks, but I think I’ll pass on the kaleidoscope this time, Apple!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:49 PM PST

    How my watch helped get a diagnosis

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:28 AM PST

    I've seen several stories of the Apple Watch helping people catch health conditions, and while mine isn't all too critical, mine did help get a diagnosis! TLDR, I finally caught one of my heart's spastic episodes with the new ECG feature, showed it to the cardiologist, and he was able to diagnose me with PSVT (Paroxysmal SupraVentricular Tachycardia), prescribe me beta blockers to help it, and go over my options for fixing it permanently (mainly cardiac ablation).

    Here's an image of the ECG I'm referring to.

    For the past several years, my heart would randomly get into these fits of 200+ BPM. It didn't matter if I was resting or being active, and it would just start immediately with no buildup. Then, after a few minutes, it would just stop immediately and return to normal.

    I've had the Apple Watch Series 4 for about a month now, and a few weeks ago, my heart got into one of these fits. Fortunately, I was able to catch the tail end of it with the ECG feature and see my heart rate going about 200 BPM then immediately drop back down. I sent the chart to my sister who is a nurse, she showed it to a doctor friend, and they recommended I get it checked out.

    A few doctor and cardiologist visits later, I was finally able to get a diagnosis - PSVT (Paroxysmal SupraVentricular Tachycardia), which from what I understand just means I have an extra electrical connection that sends the "beat" signal back up occasionally, kind of short circuiting. Fortunately, my case isn't really severe; I don't have any other symptoms during an episode, like lightheadedness or passing out, so medication (beta blockers) may be enough to mitigate it, but eventually I might go through with the cardiac ablation to hopefully permanently get rid of it.

    submitted by /u/jfreeman81
    [link] [comments]

    Returned Apple Watch to Target

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:26 AM PST

    I recently returned an unopened Apple Watch 4 to my local Target which I had ordered online. When I handed it to the employee at customer service she proceeded to unwrap it and dump the contents onto the counter. Literally turned the Apple packaging upsidedown and shook it. She said, "Target makes us open everything". What's the point of returning it unopened if they're just going to tear it open? Any current or former Target employees want to chime in?

    submitted by /u/MaXKiLLz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way I can set my watch to vibrate if I’m out of range of my phone. I just went to the store and forgot phone my watch didn’t tell me.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:04 AM PST

    Lock MacBook with Watch?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:13 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Well as many of you I recently got my new Apple Watch, and one of the things I love is the Auto Unlock feature, specially since I use a macbook for day to day work but i was wondering if it is possible also to lock the macbook either by walking away or with some app for that purpose.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/ralfaro
    [link] [comments]

    S4 Battery Help

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:32 AM PST

    Okay, I keep seeing all these posts about how great the battery life is on the series 4 and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

    This is my first Apple Watch and so I have nothing to compare it to. I've had a Fitbit since 2012 and love the silent alarm but since switching to Apple I have not been able to sleep with the watch on because it dies overnight. I tried again last night and went to sleep with 61% battery life at around 10 pm. I woke up around 6 am and the watch was completely drained.

    I use (or try to) the Sleep Cycle app, put the watch on theatre mode, WiFi off, do not disturb on and silent mode. The only apps I have installed on the watch are Sleep Cycle and Pedometer++. Any ideas what is happening overnight that it doesn't stay charged? During the day I wear it from around 7 am to 10 pm and put it on the charger before bed and it has around 50-60% battery.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/sandraisevil
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch fitness badges

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 05:09 AM PST

    What happened to all the challenges? Maybe it's just me but I ha ent got one in awhile.

    submitted by /u/GomersGoober
    [link] [comments]

    Do you use a case for your Apple Watch?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 02:21 AM PST

    I am getting my first Apple Watch delivered on Monday? Do you use a case to protect it? Also thinking about buying a screen protector.

    submitted by /u/Stumble19
    [link] [comments]

    Addition to my custom laser etched silicone bands. Guess the source of that design!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:54 PM PST

    Apple Watch new apps installed not showing up.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:20 AM PST

    Whenever I install a new app onto my phone, the app doesn't show up in the "Available Apps" section of the My Watch App. I have to restart my phone and then it shows up to give me the option to add it onto my watch. Does anyone know what the issue is? Am I missing something completely when installing new apps? I feel like any app that works on the watch should be available to install onto the watch as soon as you download it onto the iPhone.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/beardedguitarist
    [link] [comments]

    Good Goals to Set

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:34 AM PST

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm new to the Apple Watch and am loving it so far! I've been using it for a few weeks now and I already can't imagine not having it.

    I wanted to ask people what they set their goals at for weight loss purposes? I weigh 209lbs so I'm not huge but im not skinny! My goal is currently 450cals but with the work outs I've been doing I've been hitting 1000 active calories a day on average, can anybody vouch as to whether this is good or below par?

    Any other advice/reccomendations welcome as well! Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/xela238
    [link] [comments]

    Scraped my watch

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:27 PM PST

    Hey guys. I have a series 2 gold aluminum Apple Watch. I always take pride in how careful I am with my devices but I just scraped the face of my watch along my granite counter top and I am so bummed. How do you all deal with face scratches? Can it be fixed?

    submitted by /u/DeerForBinner
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that you can access the Control Center and Notifications from within an app

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 09:34 PM PST

    Apple Watch unlocked without complete Code

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:24 AM PST

    I just took on my Apple Watch and i wanted to unlock it, like I do every day. I typed in the first two digits of my code and pow it unlocked, even that I haven't finished the code. That's not the behavior I expect... especially when I use Apple Pay with it.

    Edit: it was probably the feature that unlocks your Apple Watch when your iPhone is unlocked.

    submitted by /u/Panzer1119
    [link] [comments]

    Any news about Google Maps for Apple Watch?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 03:04 PM PST

    Hello, i have red that Google Maps were available on AW but google decided to remove app and make it come bact in future. Any chances to now how far future is it? Maybe lets show google that we want maps by simply upvoting this question?

    submitted by /u/frifinker
    [link] [comments]

    My watch caught when I time warped into another dimension several months ago

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 05:04 AM PST

    My watch wakes me up in the middle of the night, every night

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:41 AM PST

    While using the nightstand mode, it randomly beeps, while fully charged and wakes me up.

    That same beep when you put it on a charger.

    It happens a few times during the night, how can i stop that?

    submitted by /u/bitmap_
    [link] [comments]

    How to set haptic strength?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:28 AM PST

    Apple Watch 4, latest WatchOS.

    Is the setting for haptic strength gone? I only see an alert volume setting. That one doesn't affect haptic strength.

    submitted by /u/Geekmo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any need for screen protectors and cases for Apple Watches

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:12 AM PST

    Where I work I'm not doing much for my hands. Is cases and screen protectors needed for the Apple Watch? I don't want to invest money into something that's not really an essential.

    submitted by /u/4natethegr8t
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm in nightstand mode

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:09 PM PST

    New Apple Watch owner here. Loving my watch and looking at my phone way less now but one of the things I want to do is to be able to change my phone not in the bedroom and have the alarm push to my watch which is on my bedside table.

    I use the go to bed feature on my phone and it pushes to my watch to tell me to go to bed but not the alarm.

    Is there a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/tjmouse
    [link] [comments]

    Does This Drive Anyone Else Nuts? The Heartrate comp on the Infograph Modular face will show the last time it took your heartrate. In this screenshot, it was 10min after recording and immediately taken off my wrist. For the longest time, I'd pickup my watch thinking it was ghosting heartrates.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 10:25 PM PST

    My dream night face for my Apple Watch S3 38 mm

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:33 AM PST

    Hello! My dream night Apple Watch face would be a face with X large time and a single spot for the battery complication. How to create it? Help me!

    submitted by /u/Myran117
    [link] [comments]

    New Series 4, any tips ?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:09 AM PST

    Just upgraded from a S0 to a S4,

    Any tips, tricks , best apps ?

    submitted by /u/EU-Holden
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel