• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 5, 2019

    Apple TV Netflix shows different on ATV4k

    Apple TV Netflix shows different on ATV4k


    Netflix shows different on ATV4k

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 02:08 AM PST

    Hey, I usually play Netflix trough my AppleTV 4K, everything works, 4k, dolby vision, dolby atmos... Yesterday I wanted to catch up on last few episodes of Blacklist, I know it is in 4k, but on AppleTV it only shows and plays HD. On my LG Netflix app, it shows and plays 4k?! I can confirm other titles play 4k on my AppleTV. Can anyone confirm?

    submitted by /u/akidel
    [link] [comments]

    Plex still playing audio from Apple TV 4K when on home screen with screensaver on?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:47 PM PST

    tldr: video audio is playing even on home screen when screensaver is active.

    Basically I've been having a lot of bugs suddenly with my Apple TV 4k and I don't know if it's Apple's fault or Plex's. One of the ones I just noticed was that Parks and Rec was still playing even though the screensaver was on and I was on the home screen. I could even navigate the home screen and the sound was still coming out. When I clicked on "Plex" it opened the app to the episode which I then had to pause and then back out of. The first time I tried stopping it I opened plex than held down the menu button but the audio still played on the home screen.

    submitted by /u/Sorry_Sorry_Im_Sorry
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV screen goes blank and iPhone notifies me someone is trying to login to iCloud.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:45 PM PST

    I'm logged into my iCloud account in Apple TV, everything is fine, then randomly the screen will go blank while I'm streaming and I'll get the two-factor notification on my phone that someone is trying to login to my iCloud account. Both these things always happen at almost the exact same time, and it's happening multiple times per day. I've logged out of my iCloud account on Apple TV and successfully logged back in (appending the verification code to my password), but it continues happening...any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/peach__kitten
    [link] [comments]

    Surround via AirPlay 2

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:15 PM PST

    Did anyone find out of the ATV 4K sends a surround signal over AirPlay 2 to something like an Sonos Beam or is it just stereo? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this.

    submitted by /u/zebedee80
    [link] [comments]

    Change layout for purchased movies?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 03:34 AM PST

    Netflix only gives me sound and no video - I have to restart the Apple TV everyday for it to start working again

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:39 AM PST

    I do have a 4K TV (Sony X900F) and I'm using the 4K HDMI port and Dolby Vision. This seems to be the only app that does this, but anything played on Netflix will give sound, but no video. However, If I do a simple reboot of the Apple TV then everything will work for that viewing session, only to reset to the initial problem the next day I watch something.

    submitted by /u/TalesFromHoth
    [link] [comments]

    Lost remote

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 01:44 AM PST

    For reasons not important, my Apple TV was disconnected for some time. I just hooked it up via HDMI and connected to my network with an ethernet cable. Then realised I had lost the remote.

    Googled and found there is an app for my iPhone....Great!

    Installed the app. Added my Apple TV.

    Then it told me to pair my iPhone by going to Settings/General/Remote and adding a number.

    So how the hell am I supposed to move the cursor on Apple TV to settings and get to 'General' without a remote??????

    submitted by /u/HedCaseXone
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a watch later / watchlist app

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 12:54 AM PST

    I am looking for a way / app to save videos (ideally by a simple link) to watch later on my ATV. I could go for a list in the Youtube App, but since I don't like the new Youtube App on ATV, I would like to use something different.

    I assume such an app would still need to forward to an app like Youtube to watch the actual video. But that would be okay. Is there anything like that out there?

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Tribune00
    [link] [comments]

    IPlayTV App Issue

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:10 PM PST

    I see there are a number of people here who use the iPlayTV app on the Apple TV. I really like the UI and interactions with the app.

    I am having one big issue with it though. While watching a show in the app, my screensaver will come on after 15 minutes (defined in system settings). It is as if the Apple TV thinks there is no video playing and if I am not interacting with the device/app then trigger the screensaver.

    I have tried playing around with the settings, but nothing I try seems to resolve the issue. Every 15 minutes after playing a channel, screensaver comes on.

    I have tried other IPTV apps such as Flex IPTV and GSE. None of them have this issue.

    Has anyone else encountered this issue at all?

    submitted by /u/Trajanius
    [link] [comments]

    I have to restart my Apple TV every time I leave it for more than a day for it to recognize the network connection.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:00 AM PST

    HDMI Cable not included - frustration

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:06 PM PST

    Probably been posted before. But just got home and during AppleTV setup found that HDMI cable was not included. Pretty much any half decent device nowadays includes minimum cables/accessories necessary to get the device working.

    Agreed that its my fault for not understanding the greed drive behind apple but still extremely frustrating to see it missing.

    On the fence, if I will return it tomorrow or buy a new one.

    submitted by /u/Furyburner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel