• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 2, 2019

    Apple TV Am I the only one that really likes the Apple TV remote?

    Apple TV Am I the only one that really likes the Apple TV remote?


    Am I the only one that really likes the Apple TV remote?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 06:43 PM PST

    Trolling Netflix in the New Year

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 08:12 AM PST

    Is AppleTV upscaling HBO Go or is my TV?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 08:12 PM PST

    4K Apple TV and LG 65C8, got curious to see what format and resolution HBO Go is displaying and watching GoT it's displaying in 2160p PCM (and looks really effing good, TBH). I wasn't really sure where to ask this question so i figured I'd come to the source first.

    AFAIK, HBO Go doesn't do anything in 4K

    submitted by /u/mrpena
    [link] [comments]

    Vizio TV Problems

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 05:43 PM PST

    I just got an Apple TV 4K hooked up to my Vizio TV. It seems to have problems when it wakes up. The screen stays black. The TV turns on but doesn't display the Apple TV. Changing the tv to a different input and then back again fixes it his and the Apple TV screen shows up. Does anybody know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/bennett7634
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision definitely too dull on Sony OLED

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 05:30 PM PST

    I know this issue has been brought up before but I feel like this issue needs more awareness and really needs to be fixed. I have a Sony A8F OLED and when using Dolby Vision with Match Frame Rate & Dynamic Range on, you can already notice in just the Apple TV menu that the colours are much duller. When changing back to just 4K HDR 4:2:2, the colours pop off the screen and look amazing again. I've tried adjusting every picture setting I can think of but still can't get it looking amazing. This is also visible in movies. They are constantly darker with duller colours in Dolby vision but are revived when switching back to HDR10.

    It's also clearly visible when looking at colour bars, they are duller than HDR10.

    Colour Bars

    The difference is that much you can see the difference in a photo. It's much duller on the Dolby Vision colour bars in real life.

    Hearing about how good and how much of a difference Dolby Vision makes over HDR10, this just makes me sad because I feel like I'm not getting the most out of my TV with HDR10. Is anyone having the same issue as me? Have you been able to fix it? I would love any advice on how to make it better.

    submitted by /u/priva_28
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube videos buffering forever

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 08:36 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I have an issue with YouTube on my Apple TV (4th generation). Whenever I load a video, it starts buffering but never begins to play. It's not a network issue since I have cable connection, and every other app like Netflix or Twitchy work perfectly as intended. I've tried everything: reinstalling the app, restarting and reseting the device, but nothing seems to work. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/herniciarlo
    [link] [comments]

    Volume Control on AppleTV remote?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 08:22 PM PST

    Anyone know how I can make my AppleTV remote have the volume control my receiver instead of my TV?

    submitted by /u/rickytherhino
    [link] [comments]

    DirecTV Now using constant data?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 09:25 AM PST

    I have 1024 GB of data.

    Per xfinity estimator, streaming 10 hours of HD TV would only use half my data per month. HOWEVER, I hit my limit every month or come close to it (was 1004GB in Dec)

    We maybe stream 10 hours on a weekend, and 3 hours on a weekday so it doesn't make sense how I keep hitting my limit (not streaming 4K)

    When I check my data usage by device on xfinity website, it shows fire stick TV and AppleTV almost using constant even data.

    For example, last night we watched the NYE ball drop on TV. Then shut off the TV and went to bed, but when I checked usage this morning, it seems to show a constant stream of data from 10PM (we turned tv on at 11:30PM) to now (11AM), but we only watched TV for roughly 15-30 minutes last night, and there was no spike in data usage.

    Is my fire stick and appletv constantly streaming even while the TV (and I assume devices) turned off?

    Anyone else have this?

    submitted by /u/AnonymousCPA69
    [link] [comments]

    ATV 4K No Picture But Audio Is Good

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 05:23 PM PST

    Anyone have experience with a black screen but the audio works fine? Seems to happen intermittently.

    submitted by /u/UltraBunnyBoostST
    [link] [comments]

    Better television app for apple TV?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 03:42 PM PST

    I just got apple tv and subscribed to youtube TV, hulu commercial free, prime and philo.

    I like the concept of the apple tv television app but i hate how it doesnt recognize youtube TV or philo. It also pushes itunes rentals when i have those free or dvr'ed in youtube TV.

    Im wondering if there is an app that can show its own guide combining youtube tv and philo guides as well as recommendations and search for hulu and prime

    Is there something better that is more customizeable?

    submitted by /u/Les-Grossman
    [link] [comments]

    Sports alerts an hour off?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 12:56 PM PST

    Anyone else seeing sports alerts "Capitals vs Penguins staying now" coming in an hour early? Seeing this on favorite teams, east time zone, on both iOS and tvOS. Both devices set to the right time.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/capsguyyy
    [link] [comments]

    I’m hearing rumors the new Spectrum app will be available for download on January 3rd. Anyone else hear??

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 12:54 PM PST

    Amazon Prime disables internet access

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 04:14 PM PST

    This is an issue that I've been having for about a year. I don't watch much on Prime Video, but almost every time I watch for a longer period, this happens.

    • Video stops, like it is buffering.
    • Eventually an internet connection error message appears within the Prime Video app
    • No other apps (including Settings) can connect to the internet.
    • Restarting the device doesn't solve it on the first try, or even the fourth or fifth, usually.

    This has only occurred on Apple TV 4K; I don't watch Prime Video nearly as often (or for as long) on my 4th Generation device for this to occur there.

    It has persisted across tvOS and Prime Video app updates. It has never happened with Hulu or Netflix (which see the most use) or any number of other apps. The only constant is the device itself and the Airport Express it is connected to.

    submitted by /u/pohatu771
    [link] [comments]

    Strange streaming problem

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 10:33 AM PST

    I have an Apple TV 4K which I am generally very satisfied with, but I have a strange streaming problem that I'd like some insight into.

    I stream with probably a dozen different apps and they all work perfectly except one, BBC iPlayer. Sometimes it works perfectly but at other times it stops frequently to buffer. I decided to experiment and I have discovered that a program which has this buffering problem can be viewed perfectly if I stream it with an iPhone or iPad and Airplay it to the Apple TV.

    Background info: I have 75/10 cable internet, my Apple TV is connected to my router by Ethernet. I use a smart DNS proxy.

    Has anyone else had a similar experience or have any ideas what causes this?

    submitted by /u/grand_total
    [link] [comments]

    Another’s spectrum account on my Apple TV

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 07:20 AM PST

    So I have always used my dads spectrum account to sign in to apps with my Apple TV. Well now with this zero sign on thing it looks like it won't work anymore. Anyone know a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Kj5636
    [link] [comments]

    LG - 55" Class - LED - UK6090PUA Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR is 15% OFF

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 09:20 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel