• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 5, 2019

    Apple Macbook My first MacBook, a 17” beast straight out of 2011 (more details in comments)

    Apple Macbook My first MacBook, a 17” beast straight out of 2011 (more details in comments)


    My first MacBook, a 17” beast straight out of 2011 (more details in comments)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:06 PM PST

    To those that use the 12 Inch MacBooks from 2015

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 10:32 PM PST

    How's it holding up, found a great price for them on a local market and might purchase. How long do you expect it to last you?

    submitted by /u/L00TER
    [link] [comments]

    im still having terrible problems with my macbook 2018 15" i7 model almost 6 months later

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:06 PM PST

    long story short, i bought this mac around late september and installed bootcamp it on. i always get glitches. on bootcamp:

    -my trackpad doesn't register clicks every now and then. it also doesnt register the fn key every now and then

    -the keyboard doesn't turn on (touchbar black) and it doesnt work at times when i wake up the computer on bootcamp. then when i try to shut down the computer using the shutdown from the menu, it hangs forever on the loading circle windows blue screen so i have to force shut it down

    -the bootcamp randomly wakes the computer if i put it to sleep mode. i have to use hibernate instead

    -when i shut down the computer through bootcamp, pressing anything on the keyboard turns on the computer for some reason

    -whenever i restart in mac, sometimes the mouse doesn't work and zig zags up towards the top of the screen.

    -whenever i'm on mac and restart through the menu, then hold alt and open bootcamp, i suddenly get a blue error screen that hangs on 0% forever after 2-3 seconds of booting into the windows desktop

    -in windows, the sound defaults to 100% after i disconnect my focusrite scarlett 2i2 (sound interface), so i end up blasting both my eardrums and the mac speakers by accident everytime i boot into windows without my scarlett plugged in

    it's honestly drivign me nuts. i went to apple genius bar and they told me to back up and reinstall the drivers for both, but i've yet to do this since i dont know how to back up my bootcamp without having to reinstall all of my plugins and files (which literally took a week when i got this computer). anyone have any solutions? i'm honestly willing to pay money at this point to have someone help me solve these issues

    submitted by /u/nooblet94
    [link] [comments]

    Question about 2015 MacBook Pro 15"

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 07:48 PM PST

    I've always owned Windows laptops, but I'm looking to upgrade to a 2015 MacBook Pro 15", as I don't like the new butterfly keyboard. I found one on Craigslist that has 512gb storage, 2.5ghz processor, and even the dual graphics for $1100, but what's concerning me is that it's sitting at about 600 charge cycles. Most people seem to think that even 400 charge cycles is a lot on a used MBP so I'm not sure if this is still a good deal.

    Will the battery still hold up, or will I need to buy a kit and replace it if I get it? Would appreciate any informed opinions here, thank you!

    submitted by /u/WettestNoodle
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 2015 upgrading to nvme ssd issue

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:05 AM PST

    Wondering if anyone has successfully upgraded a 2015 macbook pro 13" to nvme ssd. I am having an issue with booting to the nvme, it has high sierra installed on it and working ( tested the nvme on a 2013 macbook pro 13" it boots and runs properly) but on the 2015 it does not show the nvme when i select a startup. I tested a apple ssd in the 2015 macbook pro and boots to that fine and runs. Also i did reset nvram and smc. Curious anyone had this kind of issue or know a fix for it.

    submitted by /u/bithor
    [link] [comments]

    External HDMI Monitors Recognized as TV's?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 11:20 PM PST

    Hello, I recently got a thunderbolt dock for my MBA (2018), and connected two Acer IPS monitors to it via HDMI. The resolution is showing up as 1080p in the settings rather than 1920x1080, and the text also looks very fuzzy and bad. I think they are being registered as TV's rather than computer monitors. Is this something that can be remedied? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Edumacated1980
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading RAM on late 2012 Mac Book pro retnia?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 11:15 PM PST

    I am upgrading my SSD and I was wondering if I could upgraded my ram to while im at it. Unfortunately you can't max it out after 8 gigs of RAM and I have the 8 gigs model. I realized that my Mac has a DDR 3 ram card so is it possible to get DDR4 ram inside it. And if I manage to do so is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/Sethu_Senthil
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2018

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 10:52 PM PST

    MBA 2018 8/128GB how long do you thing it will last. 5 years or more? Just a moderate usage.

    submitted by /u/Emma005
    [link] [comments]

    Random screen glitches in safari

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 06:50 PM PST

    First MacBook 2018 mba I notice every so often like a half a millisecond glitch on screen hard to describe is this a known bug?

    submitted by /u/AliceJoy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a setting I can use to keep WiFi on when the screen is down so I don't have to wait to reconnect when I open it?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:55 PM PST

    Title. please help. Thank you, your all great people.

    submitted by /u/Z_star
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13 2018 Caps Lock Switch acting weird

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 06:23 PM PST

    Hello everybody,

    This is my first post so I'm not really sure where to post this.

    I am having an issue with the caps lock key. Where if I tap it until I feel the tactile bump of the actuation would normally actuate any of the keys on the keyboard does not actuate the caps lock key. For the caps lock key, I have to depress it for about one second until the light comes on and actuates the caps lock. Is this a feature of some sort that I missed?

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/SchneWe
    [link] [comments]

    Do the MacBook Pro screen advantages benefit me?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:10 PM PST

    I'm torn between the MacBook Air and the 2017 MacBook Pro for school. I'm to be studying development, and wonder if the cost savings outweighs the benefits for me. I'm leaning towards air for the new keyboard/Touch ID. It would be $150 cheaper. My use case will be school, web browsing, light video edits/hobbyist music making with final cut and logic. To my understanding the performance is near the same in single core and a bit better in multi. I don't use my computer outside and I'm currently using the '15 MBP with the same brightness with 0 issue which is also 300 nits if I'm not mistaken. I don't edit photos or do color correction as of now on my video edits either. Would you still recommend the MBP and why?

    submitted by /u/Vkeomala
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade 2017 MacBook Pro to 2018 model? (X-Post from r/AppleWhatShouldIBuy)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 12:28 PM PST

    I've been reading some reviews about the incredible performance boost between the 2017 Macbook Pros and the 2018 counterparts. I'm a graduate student that does a lot of work on my laptop, including coding, large scale data analysis & visualization, and image/video editing and manipulation. I'd probably go for a 15", 2.6GHz i7, 32 GB ram, 512 HDD- all of which would be about a 50% upgrade to my current model.

    The resale/trade-in value for my 2017 model is still (relatively) good, so I could get a nice discount on a new model with that plus Education pricing. I also would want to get AppleCare on the new computer. I don't have it on my current laptop, which makes me feel anxious.

    All of these things seem like reasonable reasons to upgrade, but I've been having second thoughts and wanted some alternative opinions.

    EDIT: Another reason I thought upgrading now might be good would be to future-proof my laptop so I don't have to get another one for a while (and will hopefully last through my doc program and post-doc).

    submitted by /u/DrPineapple21
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Mid 2012 "charging" problem

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 10:53 AM PST

    Hi all,

    MacBook Mid 2012 / High Sierra 10.13.6 stops charging and the light on the mag connector is dim and flickers green/orange. Eventually the battery runs down and it dies and won't boot. In this condition I cannot reset SMC or PRAM, it is completely non-responsive. If I leave the charger disconnected for about three days, when I connect the charger it will be bright green again and it boots. It then runs normally until this happens again.

    This is my wife's MacBook so I can't say for sure how long the charger was left connected after it shut down until she told me about it and I asked her to leave the charger disconnected for three days. When I connected the charger the light was bright green and when it booted it showed the battery at 100%, that tells me it was charging even though the light was dimly flickering green/orange while it wouldn't boot. This makes it feel more complicated than just a "battery won't charge" scenario. It's a "battery won't charge but MacBook runs until battery depleted, MacBook won't run on A/C power but battery is charging, after three days disconnected from power and with a full battery MacBook boots".

    I checked voltage on the charger and tried a new one but same dim green/orange flickering. I replaced the battery (the original one wasn't holding much of a charge anyway) and it still experiences the issue. The first time this happened I took it to a Genius and because it had been unplugged for over three days they put their charger on it, the light was bright green, and it powered right up. They ran some diagnostics and found no issues.

    Any thoughts on what to look at next? I just booted it up and reset SMC and PRAM. I'll look for errors in the system logs, but I'd appreciate anything specific to zero in on.

    EDIT: After being used for awhile the charger lights went back to dim green/orange flashing and the battery percentage went from 100% to 99% then immediately to 0%. It stayed running and then the battery percentage started climbing normally. Weird. Obviously a battery can't in an instant go from 99% to zero without the magic smoke coming out, so I'm still suspicious of the charging / power circuitry.

    submitted by /u/My_Lucid_Dreams
    [link] [comments]

    2018 13" MBP, 512gb vs 1TB

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 10:30 AM PST

    oioi guyse,

    So I'll order a new 2018 13" MBP, 16GB, base SoC and 512 or 1TB SSD, I plan on using this as my main computer for the next 5+ yr, my current desktop has 1TB SSD which is pretty much filled, (I've had it since 2006 or something), but I don't plan on moving everything to the MBP, probably my music collection (180gb) and a couple of TV shows and movies, the cost difference, in the long run and as long as I'm using it, isn't that much of a factor, considering of course I'm making use of it, what bugs me regarding the 512gb is the annoyance of possibly having to carry around external ssds and what not, just wanted to gather some opinions on people who also experienced this dilemma.

    Also, is the performance on these external SSDs noticeable different from the internal? Let's say, if I keep tons of movies in the external ssd would I ran into some kind of issues by playing them on the laptop directly from there?

    I'm sorry if these questions seem foolish, I'm just used to have everything on the local machine so my experience with external storage is closer to 0.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bknighttt
    [link] [comments]

    Someone spill few ice tea drops on my MacBook Pro 2017 keyboard and 3 or 4 keys felt not “right” when you press them, does someone know the price to replace them ? Or any hack to repair them ? ����‍������‍♂️

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 10:26 AM PST

    Are there even anybody who bought one of the 2018 macs, who haven’t encountered a problem with 2018 macs keyboard?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 10:02 AM PST

    Your view on this Apple MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:51 AM PST

    According to Amazon, Apple MacBook Pro (13" Retina, 2.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) - Space Gray (Latest Model) is 8% off. Is it worth it? What's your view on this MacBook?

    submitted by /u/hfkmon
    [link] [comments]

    Dbrand skin - grey or black carbon? Slickwraps maybe?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:58 AM PST

    Hello, another post about a MacBook from me :)

    Which dbrand skin will be better with space grey macboo - grey carbon or black carbon?

    Maybe I should go for slickwraps instead? Let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/szonk
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice relating to Macbook

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 12:26 AM PST

    I currently have a Mac Mini (Late 2012) i5 2.5 GHz turbo boost upto 3.1 GHz, 4GB, 500 GB HDD. My main app to use is Xcode and it takes a lot of time to build obviously. So i have two options right now to either get a 2015 Macbook Pro 16 GB, 500GB SSD or upgrade existing Mac Mini to 16 GB, 500GB SSD (without removing the existing HDD). Which one would you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/iphoneian
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel