• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 5, 2019

    Apple Help Every time I try to update my apps I keep getting “your account has been disabled in iTunes and app store

    Apple Help Every time I try to update my apps I keep getting “your account has been disabled in iTunes and app store


    Every time I try to update my apps I keep getting “your account has been disabled in iTunes and app store

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:04 PM PST

    How do I fix this

    submitted by /u/yah-yeet-yeet
    [link] [comments]

    Messages in Mojave won't allow me to open images

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 01:30 PM PST

    Unlike previous versions of macOS I find that I currently cannot open images in Messages thread by double clicking them. In the past that would launch Preview with the image.

    Now if I double click nothing happens. The image is highlighted but Preview doesn't open. I can open it if I Right Click > Services > Open and then click Run Service to the dialog box "Messages want to use the restricted service Open"

    That's obviously not right but I can't figure out what's going wrong.

    Thought maybe something was wrong in the Privacy preferences but neither Preview nor Messages is listed in the App list so I can't set any privacy setting there. Doesn't seem to be any manual way to add to this list.

    submitted by /u/tsdguy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone shows Apple logo and then only backlight

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 03:26 PM PST

    This video shows exactly the problem. Any suggestions to what the problem can be?

    submitted by /u/IamForeverDDD
    [link] [comments]

    mid 2012 macbook way slower since mojave update

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 04:28 PM PST

    Hi guys, I have a mid 2012 macbook that I haven't used in a while. It has the original 500gb hard drive in it, and I cleaned about 200 gbs off of it so there's about 200 gbs on it left. I considered replacing the hard drive with an SSD but I wanted to see if it would be usable without buying it unless i needed to. I also got 8 gbs of new RAM and replaced the old RAM. This was prior to updating it. Prior to the update my macbook was running smoothly. Then I updated my macbook and now it takes ~15 min to start up and the applications/internet are pretty much unusable. Does any one know how I can make my macbook run faster? I really like this laptop and want to optimize it to run as smoothly as possible. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/strawberryhaha
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to watch the 4K HDR movies I purchased without an Apple TV?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 07:00 PM PST

    My brother and I have been fumbling these past few hours trying to purchase digital 4k content. We originally bought Halloween on YouTube only to see that it only works on a Chromecast Ultra. For some reason I thought Apple wouldn't be so ass backwards, but of course they are too, and now we wasted $40 total tonight just trying to stream a movie in 4K. If a $170 Apple Tv is the only way to stream the movie, then could someone refer me to a way to refund my purchase or something? It's ridiculous that they even let you purchase the movies without giving you a giant warning and not some subtext hidden under the description.

    submitted by /u/invadergold123
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Bluetooth Problems

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 04:36 PM PST

    Hi! I use an iPhone 7 running IOS 12.1.2 and I currently just got back to where I go to university (seems unimportant but it matters) . I bought my phone in August of 2018 and had no issues with it, then when I moved to go to school my Bluetooth started having issues and stopped working. Then when I went home for Christmas break my Bluetooth was working just fine, I even went to the Apple store and they ran diagnostics on it and nothing came up. However now that I am back here it has started acting up again and it's very frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

    Tl;dr Bluetooth seems to have issues based on location, would love some help

    submitted by /u/TChalllla
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Plus will not connect to browsers, everything else works fine

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 02:33 PM PST

    Same as title. Anytime I try to use safari or chrome I get an error saying "this webpage reloaded because a problem occurred." All other apps that connect to the internet are working fine. I've tried soft resetting it, clearing internet settings, and a ton of other things. It happened after my battery died and hasn't fixed itself since. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Ridkidjory
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 6 Ios 12.1.1 AT&T not connecting to network after update

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 12:12 PM PST

    ** solved ... sorta* My father-in-law just updated his OS to 12.1.1 (from 12.0.0 I believe). His phone won't connect to the AT&T network now or does so very intermittently. He has tried turning it off, hard resetting it, removing the SIM card, and turning off wifi calling (was an issue on my wife's iPhone 6 after she got it a few years back). Nothing has worked. Thanks in advance for suggestions. ** edit** It's the SIM card reader on the phone according to AT&T. Next stop apple store**

    submitted by /u/MaJiKatz
    [link] [comments]

    Does applecare cover battery changes for free? My batter says "Replace Now" and it's only been a year and 4 months into my 3 year applecare

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:44 PM PST

    My MacBook Air isn't receiving images through text, instead I get the same pop up?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:43 PM PST

    When someone sends me an image, a gif, a bitmoji, or anything other then a text, I get a message that says "IMG_" followed by random numbers.

    The code "There was an error sending the previous message. Would you like to try to send it again?" also pops up

    I tried clearing space, reseting my Mac, and looking for some answers on google but got no luck :(

    does anyone here have any tips or know why this is ? it only started occurring recently

    thank you

    submitted by /u/mohammadali916
    [link] [comments]

    How to upload music from phone to iTunes on laptop?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:27 PM PST

    I had my laptop fixed by Apple and my iTunes was cleared in the process. I have put my old music (from my hard drive) back on my laptop, but can't get the songs from my iPhone to my laptop. I've researched a few apps for it but they all cost money. I'd like to put my old music onto my phone and iTunes says it needs to clear my phone's music to upload the new stuff. (Since I'd need to synch them and select the music) Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/anowarakthakos
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Gen 4 Not Connecting to Network

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 09:00 PM PST

    So I just got an Apple TV 4th gen to use with our new 4K TV. I tried to get the ATV on our network, and I kept running into connection issues. I read on multiple support forums that our router may be blocking the ATV mac address range, and I would have to enter the router admin panel to configure it. I couldn't access my router admin page so I contacted Verizon support to get help with logging in. They got me logged in and then I asked them where I would find the mac address settings so I can fix the connection issues with our Apple TV. The Verizon support person I was in contact with mentioned that our router is an older gen router and the likely cause for my connection issues is not that the router is blocking the mac address range, but rather Apple TV won't let it connect to a network that only has WEP/WPA security.

    I would like to think this is not the case, as everyone in my house has an iPhone, we have 3 Macs, an Apple TV gen 2, and 2 iPads, all of which connect to the network just fine. Oh, and our new TV is a Samsung smart TV that needs an internet connection, and that connected just fine too. Is there any possible way to get around the failure to connect issues with the new Apple TV? I don't really want to shell out $200 for a new router to use an Apple TV...

    submitted by /u/ThunderBow98
    [link] [comments]

    USB-C cables to charge MBP from iMac

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:14 PM PST

    Can anyone point me to cables on Amazon that they have used to successfully charge a 2018 MBP from the Thunderbolt 3 port of a 2017 iMac? Would love to keep the laptop charging on my desk at night without something else going into the wall—I'm pretty sure this is possible. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fieldnoise
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth won’t load up

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:05 PM PST

    I have a iPhone 8 I recently got about 3 months ago and I have had trouble with Bluetooth loading up. This is my first apple product and I have the latest IOS update. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and how did you fix it.

    submitted by /u/spacerboy29
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook died during update

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 10:12 AM PST

    My mom didn't plug her Mac in while updating and it died now it won't boot. If I got into utilities during boot and try to reinstall a new copy of macOS it doesn't show any disks to install to. And if I got into disk utility it is only showing OS X base system. Any idea what I can do? This is a 2018 MacBook Pro.

    submitted by /u/mxboy77
    [link] [comments]

    Can you make macbook run off of the charger?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 04:09 PM PST

    I think my loud fan noise and hot computer is a symptom of poor battery, is there a way to make mac run off the charger like on older macbook pros that had user interchangeable batteries?

    submitted by /u/I-am-ocean
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with apple-id on iPod

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 04:00 PM PST

    So my parents made an iCloud account a really long time ago and linked it to my iPod. So now I have had this problem for a while now where there is constantly a popup in which I need to fill in the password. My parents dont know the password anymore and it isnt the one they normally use(ive tried slight variations of it, none of them worked). It lags my iPod out super hard every time and I got tired of it. So I went to my settings and searched for iCloud, I tried to log out and again, I needed the password. After a couple of tries I got the choice of changing the password.

    This is where it gets weird, once I filled in the apple-id it said that that id didnt exist. How am I supposed to log out when I cant change the password which we forgot? Seriously if someone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/herotto
    [link] [comments]

    Duplicate files problem?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 07:40 PM PST

    Hey folks, I'm running the Mojave OS on my 2015 MacBook, and recently I've been having a few troubles using iTunes.

    Basically, whenever I've added a duplicate file to my iTunes in the past, the new song gets added into my library, but with an altered filename. So, both songs will show up in my library, but in the Music folder it reads "song.mp3" and "song 2.mp3".

    For some reason, it's refusing to do this now, and the files basically merge without my permission. So, when I copy the file, I end up with only one version of "song.mp3" in my files, and two copies of the track in my library, both citing the same source file in finder. As a result, if I edit or delete the copy, the original also changes, and there's no way to stop it.

    Does anyone know why this would be or how I can fix this? I need to be able to duplicate songs for my work, and it's impossible to do it at the moment without a lot of time-consuming workarounds.

    I did recently update all my software and apps, but this issue has only popped up in the last couple of days, well after I updated everything. If anyone knows what to do, I'll be very grateful, I'm really quite desperate :(

    submitted by /u/aidyfarman
    [link] [comments]

    Cursor constantly disappearing

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:15 AM PST

    The mouse on my Macbook Air disappears almost every time I switch between windows, and is starting to do so for no reason at all.

    It reappears when I slightly push up with three fingers on the trackpad. It started with only sometimes doing it, but now it is almost every time and even sometimes disappears when I switch between tabs. I used to be able to avoid this by moving between applications by going up with three fingers and selecting my window at the top, but sometimes it disappears then too. It is starting to disappear when I swipe horizontally between windows as well. It is a 2017 laptop with no other issues and I am trying to fix this so I can sell it. I don't want the next user to have this frustrating problem.

    edit: looks like as I was writing this, it disappeared again, even as I was on this same page.

    submitted by /u/VirgiliusMaro
    [link] [comments]

    Random Apple ID when using certain apps?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 02:44 PM PST

    When I first backed up to my new phone (XR), I was pressing "cancel" on literally about 250 Apple ID sign-in attempts. I later realized that they were the IDs that were used by music sharers to purchase the music I've illegally downloaded. They've all disappeared... except for one. One shows up multiple times a day (and almost exclusively when I'm using Tinder, oddly enough) even though I did a lengthy search and the Apple ID in question only purchased one song in my iTunes, which I've since deleted. Still, the issue persists. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/JakobVision22
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless mouse causing lag when USB hub is connected?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 10:58 AM PST

    Hi

    I recently purchased a USB Hub now whenever I have this connected to my 2015 MacBook Pro it causes the cursor to lag. The lag gets worse the further away the mouse is from the mouses usb dongle. When it gets to 3 feet away it is completely un useable. This is still the case if the mouse dongle is connected straight into the MacBook and the usb hub is connected to the other USB port. I have borrowed a Magic Mouse and the problem still happens but is a lot less drastic, still annoying though.

    Any ideas on how to fix this?

    Thanks

    Edit: It also appears that the mouse works fine once the Mac has been restarted for a minute or two but then starts lagging again

    submitted by /u/3rd_Place
    [link] [comments]

    Charging docks that charge *everything*?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:32 AM PST

    I'm fully immersed in the Apple ecosphere, and want a charging station that can charge everything. I am ok if it can't charge my MacBook, but I want places to charge the watch, iPad, iPhone (I still have a 7 plus a 6 for work so I prefer not to have wireless charging only), AirPods, and Apple Pencil. Does anything like this exist? I've scanned seemingly all of Amazon, and looked on Etsy as well. Right now I am using an inexpensive "box" that holds the watch on top and has three usb charging slots on the front but one just stopped working so I am looking to upgrade.

    submitted by /u/caffeinated_catholic
    [link] [comments]

    Beats X vs beyerdynamic byron bta vs Bose SoundSport Wireless

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 11:57 AM PST

    I need opinions, i have been reading reviews about these two for months now and i can't seem to pick one. I just want a good pair off earphones that work during my commute to work, with good quality and some isolation.

    What's your take on this?

    Also opened to any alternatives except earbuds since they fall of my ears.

    P.S: Its for an Iphone 8 plus.

    submitted by /u/holychade
    [link] [comments]

    Best Replacement Battery for Mid 2012 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 05:28 PM PST

    So I'm looking to bump up my HDD to an SDD and the 8GB or RAM to 16, and already have them on the way.

    However I need to replace the battery as well and would like to do all of this in one go. However it seems the batteries vary wildly in terms of quality.

    Is there a sure fire battery most people can count on that's not an Apple Battery? I'm trying to save some money, and the closest Apple Store is about 2 hours away.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/fragmentsmusic7
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2015 major keyboard problem.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 11:07 AM PST

    A few weeks ago my MacBook Air 2015 13 inch keyboard slowly seemed to shutdown, like at first one key didn't work, then another and another. No liquid has been spilled on this computer and it hasn't been dropped or anything. I already replaced the keyboard and trackpad ribbon cable but it didn't help the keyboard. Also I noticed it struggles to power up and the charger light will sometimes be off while plugged in. Any idea what could be wrong with this computer?

    submitted by /u/Im-sp00ked
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel