• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 25, 2018

    iPhone iOS 12 & iPhone Megathread [October 25, 2018]

    iPhone iOS 12 & iPhone Megathread [October 25, 2018]


    iOS 12 & iPhone Megathread [October 25, 2018]

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:29 PM PDT

    Have a question? Need help with iOS 12? Problem with your device? This is the place to ask.

    Starting now, we won't be approving posts that are questions or anything help-related resulting from iOS 12. Keeping everything in a megathread reduces the amount of help posts and one-sentence questions on the front page.

    Posts critisizing or praising iOS 12/iPhones are fine. Feature explanations/requests are fine.

    There'll be a new thread every week. If anyone has questions, please leave them below.

    We also have a Discord server you can join if you need assistance with your device or have questions regarding iOS/iPhone in general, we have experienced Apple support staff & enthusiasts with vast iOS/iPhone knowledge.

    If you see any iOS 12 help self-posts, or iPhone support questions in general on the front page, make sure to report it.

    submitted by /u/MonsieurTank
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm countdown went past 0

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:22 PM PDT

    Xr in hand!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:46 AM PDT

    Anyone got a source for good Live Wallpapers?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 03:55 AM PDT

    All the apps in the App Store for live wallpapers are cancer and I have no idea where else to look.

    Specifically I am looking for something with a snowy forest for that cozy fall/winter feeling but I'll take any source that doesn't make my phone explode and search for myself, thanks!

    submitted by /u/GrindyI
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Just realized that this is a thing; if someone says "pics" or "pictures" in a text, its underlined (like that of dates or even Apple Pay), and pulls up the iMessage App, Photos (Running iOS 12.0.1)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:58 PM PDT

    Are there cases that fit perfectly on the XS and not made for the regular X

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 09:06 AM PDT

    I know the apple made cases fit perfectly, and see all the ones on amazon say both X and XS. Are there any cheaper cases out there with the correct cutouts on the case only for XS?

    submitted by /u/phiIfry
    [link] [comments]

    Apple XR cases from tomorrow

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 05:42 AM PDT

    Just been to my local EE shop, staff member confirmed they don't have them on sale until tomorrow but there will be a range of Apple made cases, I assumed as much but good to confirm

    submitted by /u/dhoadley
    [link] [comments]

    Currently IPhone 7 - getting the XS. Can I Restore everything from my phone to the new one?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 02:54 AM PDT

    I have a Iphone 7 but getting the XS. Is there any way to import the phone "as is" so all apps, messages, photos, etc?

    How would I go about doing that if so.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Nevzat666
    [link] [comments]

    I know this will happen sooner or later.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:18 PM PDT

    I got a new iPhone today! It may not be the latest and greatest, but it was a big upgrade from my 4S.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:42 AM PDT

    iPhone Xs Max Battery Life

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:43 PM PDT

    Just wanted to drop in here and say how amazing the Xs Max battery life is. I had a full day of heavy use (8 AM to 1 AM) and ended the day on 23%. Upgrading from an SE, this is my favorite thing about the Xs Max.

    submitted by /u/ThisBigMick
    [link] [comments]

    Restore from back up or make a clean install?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 10:58 AM PDT

    With each iPhone upgrade, I usually just restore from iTunes only to a new phone. I had a few iPhones before (currently with an iPhone 6) so the "restore profile" has seen a lot of phones.

    I'm getting an XS soon, and was wondering if it's better to just make a clean install (still using my appleid) but to back up the apps/pics/contacts/etc when the phone is alraedy initiated. My point of concern is that this restore profile has gone from OS revision and I don't want any buggy software, if it's even possible.

    Any inputs?

    submitted by /u/ayyman
    [link] [comments]

    In case people forgot about this smooth and gorgeous website. Credits to whoever posted this before.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 10:56 AM PDT

    All 350+ Apple logos from the Oct. 30 event invites (album credit: MacRumors)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 12:16 PM PDT

    iPhone X or XS? Also Black Friday.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 10:38 AM PDT

    So my last iPhone was the 6th in 2014 that I had for a solid year until it had an accident. Since last year I came back to iOS, but with a crappy iPhone 5s.

    I will have some extra money next month and want to finally upgrade my phone.

    Thing is: Should I buy the X or XS? I really liked the new one, but are the upgrades worth the price difference?

    xs max would be a perfect option as well, but I think it's too expensive for me at the moment (considering 1 dollar = $4 where I live)

    Also since I will have to import it from Europe/USA, I'm thinking on waiting till Black Friday. Do you guys think they will considerably lower the price to make it worth the wait?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Fickr
    [link] [comments]

    my hdr pics are often worse than the original pic. am i alone on this?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 10:29 AM PDT

    It’s a glitch. Carrier name disappeared but I kind of like it. More space

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:04 PM PDT

    How to tell if smart hdr has been used when taking photo on Xs?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 06:23 AM PDT

    It doesn't show HDR on the photo like it did on my 7. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/PhilWillChil
    [link] [comments]

    Why I'm leaving mid-level Android and going to mid-level iPhone.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 09:59 AM PDT

    I flip back and forth often from Google Nexus phones to iPhones, to Motorola, etc. I'm finding after my latest venture into android to find it kinda sucks.

    1. The hardware. I don't care if its Motorola or LG. This phone has abad speaker, this phone has a poor lcd, this phone has bluetooth connection issues. This phones battery went out after only a year. Good luck getting 2-3 years of heavy use from mid-level android. You won't even know about the design flaws (cheap parts) until you spend a month with the phone. My latest gripe is a phone that fluctuates heavily on connection strength. i can be downtown and get poor signal and people can't hear me.

    2. Vanilla Android kinda sucks now. Early iOS may have just been a glorified app launcher and early Android had better flow. Stock Android now is just kinda cumbersome and has poor flow imo. Moving between apps, dialer, assistant feels wonky imo.

    3. Google hates everything not streaming. "Hey Google play this song". I'm sorry you don't have a Music play subscription. "But Google its on my phone." Too BAD!

    4. Updates. Good luck getting Android updates. There's little incentive to update older devices. My current Moto POS+ (Piece of crap + in brazil) Was $300 and it is stuck on Andorid 7.0 for the foreseeable future. I bought it last summer. It runs stock android, i thought that was going to fix the motoblur bs excuse !

    No Android 7.1 No Andorid 8.0 No Andorid 8.1 No Android 9.0 for me!

    What I'll lose: 1. Cool networking apps i never use. WiFi scanners etc. 2. Extreme customization I never do. themes I'm scared will steal my passwords because my android is ancient. 3. Easily able to access the filesystem via USB. iTunes syncing sucks. i hope wireless syncing actually works now.

    submitted by /u/bigpirm1977
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to quickly jump back in your Messages history?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:39 AM PDT

    Is it possible to quickly jump back in your Messages history by months or even years at a time? Other than endlessly scrolling. If there's a way to do it in Messages on the Mac, that would be OK too.

    submitted by /u/CincyTriGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Recently transitioned to iPhone. How do I check my voicemail and how do I set it up so that it gives me a clear notification of a new voicemail?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 05:40 AM PDT

    Apparently someone called me with an offer to do a job interview the other day and I wasn't aware. Luckily they called again. What do I do to get my voice to give me a really obvious notification that I have a new voicemail? Its an iPhone XS Max.

    submitted by /u/Zarski843
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone recommend any video editor similar to pocket video but long period can edit ��

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:35 AM PDT

    iPhone Xs no icon in iTunes?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    I bought an iPhone Xs. The image in iTunes when you select the iPhone is blank like this https://imgur.com/a/QWw6vyf whereas my other devices have a picture that matches the device. Honestly not a big deal but it's been bugging me, anyone else have the same issue?

    submitted by /u/Khucumber
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE software update

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:52 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! This is my first time posting in this sub since I have just started using an Apple phone again after using a different brand for a couple of years.

    I bought the slightly outdated SE model because I really love the size and shape of it. But I recently read about the latest IOS updates not working so well on the older phones so my question to you guys is: would you recommend me to update to 12.0.1 or should I stay at the 11.4.1?

    Thank you!

    EDIT: Thanks for the responses. I'm updating my phone as I write this update!

    submitted by /u/Thisistonny
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel