• Breaking News

    Friday, March 2, 2018

    macOS Does anyone have the issue needed to enter password twice or more in Mac App Store?

    macOS Does anyone have the issue needed to enter password twice or more in Mac App Store?


    Does anyone have the issue needed to enter password twice or more in Mac App Store?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 12:07 AM PST

    I've used Mac for years, but it seems that this bug has never been fixed. Every time I download apps in Mac App Store, I have to enter password more than one time. It's pretty annoying, and also makes me feel Mac App Store is always not-well-supported app. Anyone has the same issue too?

    submitted by /u/chenghuayang
    [link] [comments]

    Suspending System Integrity Protection for specific directories

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 06:01 PM PST

    Hi,

    I'm following along with some older didactic videos (Udemy, Pluralsight, etc.) and I've run across a tutorial that requires modification of certain files that fall under System Integrity Protection (specifically in /System/Library/OpenSSL).

    I was curious to know if there was any way to suspend System Integrity Protection for certain directories?

    Alternatively, I believe the course is using a VM to work with MacOS. Is there a repository of older, pre-System Integrity Protection MacOS VMs that can be used in place of an actual in-real-life hardware?

    Thanks...

    submitted by /u/censor_named_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    The MacBook Pro w/Touchbar battery is really disappointing for a Pro computer.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 05:20 AM PST

    Let me start off by saying that I'm not bagging/dissing Apple. I'm a heavy Apple user and lover. However, I can't pinpoint whether it's poorly optimised software or badly designed hardware. My older Retina MacBook Pro would last all day. It would never decrease in battery when in sleep mode and it stayed cool almost all the time. My new MacBook Pro seems to be a step backwards, rising CPU temps and drastically draining battery. I do love my experience with it, but I personally wouldn't recommend it.

    submitted by /u/valentinosalami
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Cleaner scam page : damage just by being displayed ?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 03:57 AM PST

    In Safari I inadvertently clicked on a link, that led me to one of those Mac Cleaner scam pages:

    IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

    We have detected a trojan virus (e.tre456_worm_osx) ...

    Of course, I did not click anything and closed the tab.

    Still, since JavaScript was enabled and I did not have any script blockers installed, could malware still get on my system just by displaying a page like that?

    submitted by /u/torpedon
    [link] [comments]

    best mac os, or any OS for an older mbp?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:43 AM PST

    I have an older macbook pro, ~2010 that I had in a closet for a long time. My main computer is out of commission and I cannot really afford a new laptop at the moment. I was wondering what operating system would be best to install on this older laptop to optimize battery life, limited ram etc. I wont be doing anything super demanding on this computer, mainly word processing, email, netflix etc.

    submitted by /u/xfc129
    [link] [comments]

    Hello ��, semi longtime reddit user here, and first poster to /r/macOS sub reddit. How to auto mount a USB device with an ext{2,3,4} file system?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 03:30 PM PST

    I have external disk that is formatted with an ext file system. I'd prefer to use an ext file system because I've had better success rate reading / writing to ext file systems in macOS than reading / writing HFS{+} file systems in GNU/Linux. ¯\(ツ)

    Now I have this drive / disk plugged into a external hard drive enclosure which is connected to my box MBP via USB.

    I'd like to have this filesystem ext* auto mount when I connect the drive to the computer when plugged into the USB port, ie. have my cake 🍰 and eat it at the same time.

    Doing some AOL keyword searches I've come across some decent write-ups on how this can be accomplished on a GNU/Linux system using such tools as usbmount, udev, and etc, but haven't really figured out a way to get accomplished using macOS.

    Any and all suggestions are welcome. And NO installing GNU/Linux on this box is not an option

    cheers 🍻 Chris

    submitted by /u/chrisrjones1983
    [link] [comments]

    'dasd' process - for hard disks?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 06:32 AM PST

    My activity monitor shows a process 'dasd', I usually find some description for processes with Google, not for this one.

    I found DASD (direct access storage device), i.e. an explanation for the abbreviation, but

    does anyone else also have a process called dasd ?

    submitted by /u/torpedon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel