• Breaking News

    Friday, March 2, 2018

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - March 2018

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - March 2018


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - March 2018

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 02:01 AM PST

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Bought the new 2017 Macbook Air (128 gb). As a lifetime Windows user, what things should I know?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:53 PM PST

    I purchased the 2017 Macbook Air (128gb) yesterday as a birthday gift and since then am getting used to it and trying to acquaint myself with its features. As a lifetime Windows user, what should be some things that I should be aware of which are different for Mac systems. Stuff like hard drive allocations, anti virus, third party softwares etc

    submitted by /u/TheDudeWithNoName_
    [link] [comments]

    New macs

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 10:46 PM PST

    What do you guys think of this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2018/03/01/apple-macbookpro-patent-virtual-keyboard/#48c790c81ef9

    The keyboards may be removed from the new macbooks

    submitted by /u/androidjunior
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my MBP get so hot when running Windows 10?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 09:21 PM PST

    A while back I created a Windows partition via bootcamp and installed Windows 10. I've ran it ever since, never switching back to OS X. However, one thing I've noticed is my computer runs hotter on the Windows side compared to the OS X side. When running OS X, I can feel heat on my computer (right above the escape key) when I touch it, but only if I'm running an intensive program or game. On Windows, all I have to run is Firefox with a couple of tabs and it gets hot really fast.

    I cleaned all the dust out just last week, and try to do it regularly, but it's still hot. If I open my task manager, my RAM is sitting at 51% usage and my CPU sits around 0-5%. I do have aftermarket RAM, in total there is 8gb's, but I doubt that would contribute much to the heat.

    Any idea why this is?

    submitted by /u/hamburgerwalrus
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be worried?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 09:57 AM PST

    I dropped my Macbook Pro this morning and something happened to it. It would turn on, but the screen would stay black. I tried every troubleshoot possible but it wouldn't work. As a last resort, I just turned the thing off and dropped it again, but this time i heard a loud snap and suddenly everything runs perfectly fine again.

    Should...I be worried? I swear my computer runs even faster than before but I'm not sure if I did anything to the internals but dropping it twice in a day

    submitted by /u/protectbabysif
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air dies when unplugged

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 08:20 AM PST

    So my sister has a 2014 MacBook Air and it's starting to act up. When the computer is on, and connected to power, it will run like normal. But when the computer is disconnected from the charger the computer will die after 10 seconds. We took it to the Apple store and the tech hooked up some cable, told me the battery was ok, and reset it to an older back up just incase some lines of code where scrambled some how. We left it on in the store for 20 minutes and it stayed on.

    We took it home and the computer was still doing the same thing. I thought it was a battery issue so I ordered a new one and replaced the old battery. No luck, now it will last 5 minutes unplugged.

    Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/camtec
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a safe deal

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 05:53 PM PST

    MacBook pro https://imgur.com/gallery/zbvUO He said he would take 800

    submitted by /u/GMAN7007
    [link] [comments]

    Updating Software on Old Macbook

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 10:45 AM PST

    I have a 2009 Macbook 4,1 the software version is 10.6.8 I want to add software that requires 10.9 or later. Is this possible. I did a search online and some people say yes and other say no. No one says how to actually do this.

    submitted by /u/CharlottesWeb83
    [link] [comments]

    Every time after an update restart, Mac automatically opens apps I was using prior to the update

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 09:25 AM PST

    This happened few times already. I just updated my Mac and after restart made by the system, apps like Chrome (didn't even know I had this installed, must have used it for something specific in the past and never removed), Steam that Ive not used in months and some other apps just open automatically. Anyone have an idea why and how to disable it?

    submitted by /u/RootInTheRedHat
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to sale after "most secure" erase is complete?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 09:02 AM PST

    I did the "most secure" government standard erase on my MacBook, but can not figure out how to reinstall/rebooot the MacOS software.

    Anyways, wondering if it is safe to just go ahead and sale it as is?

    If not, please inform me because the money received would not be worth identify theft, stolen passwords, etc.

    submitted by /u/PurpleFlowers5
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to fix old MacBook Pro from 2012, no signal!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 05:39 AM PST

    I have this old MacBook Pro 13.3" from 2012 that's been lying around for a while since I broke the screen and decided to get a new one instead of fixing it.

    It still boots, but I can't see anything on the screen. A year ago or so I bought the HDMI adapter and plugged it into an LCD screen, and it was working fine, then suddenly it stopped working. When I plug it in now, there's no signal on the LCD screen. I guess there's no key you press on the MacBook to switch to an external screen...?

    All the suggestions I find when googling assumes the laptop screen is already working (software updates etc).

    Is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/Phobetor7
    [link] [comments]

    I got a 2017 MacBook Air for Christmas and I feel like the battery drains somewhat quickly

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:54 PM PST

    What is the typical battery life for this MacBook Air?

    submitted by /u/Dawsoneifert
    [link] [comments]

    How do I view event logs?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 12:11 AM PST

    My Macbook Pro 2017 is crashing sometimes when I type. It literally shuts down immediately when I press any key. It has happened 3 times in the past week. I know I can use console to look at what might have caused it but I have no idea what I am looking for or from where?

    submitted by /u/Ert69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel