• Breaking News

    Monday, March 5, 2018

    iPad Ipad pro 9.7" or Ipad 2017

    iPad Ipad pro 9.7" or Ipad 2017


    Ipad pro 9.7" or Ipad 2017

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 12:08 PM PST

    Hi guys and gals

    I'm in the market for a new ipad, and given finances are currently tight (I'm at law school in the UK) I'm looking to get a second hand ipad (from one of the reputable places here that offers a two year warranty).

    I'm currently wieghing up the ipad 2017 and the 9.7" ipad pro. I'll be using it mostly for reading, editing pdfs, internet browsing and playing media. A big appeal of the ipad pro 9.7 is the smart keyboard and apple pencil, as the non-apple alternatives for the ipad 2017 seem quite clunky.

    Grateful for your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/LazyHare4
    [link] [comments]

    Paying homage to my mom with Procreate

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 12:28 AM PST

    Did you get an Apple Smart Keyboard and then move on to a different solution? I’d love to hear from you.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:41 AM PST

    Greetings, folks.

    I'll be picking up an iPad Pro at some point here, and I've been reading up on keyboard solutions. I've read enough "I ran into connection problems eventually" reviews of Apple's Smart Keyboard that it is no longer the assumed solution for me.

    Here is what I value in a keyboard: - I often grab the keyboard to hold and read, then put it back down to type. This means the clamshell, always-attached keyboard options don't work well for me. - I don't want a bulky or heavy case on the iPad, which rules out others. - I've had a less-than-perfect experience using Bluetooth keyboards with my 2017 iPad, which makes me leery of continuing to use a Bluetooth keyboard (I've got two different keyboards and randomly the keys stop responding (even though the function keys continue to work.) I have to turn Bluetooth off/on or reboot the iPad to get it working rightly again.) - The iPad is my main computing device, so a good typing experience is important (although we all define that differently).

    So, I'm curious: if you had an Apple Smart Keyboard and moved on to something else, why? What did you move to? Happy with it?

    Thanks so much!

    (And, if you use and love the ASK, feel free to chime in too!)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JEJ514
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Apple Smart Cover for iPad Pro 10.5 is 50% off ($24.50)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:36 PM PST

    Not sure if this is national but I just picked one up in Arden Hills, MN.

    EDIT: Target

    submitted by /u/jakeuten
    [link] [comments]

    Just upgraded my iPad

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:57 PM PST

    Just upgraded my iPad. I was originally an iPad Air 1 and I'm iPad Pro 10.5. I'm so happy and the speeds and differences are amazing. I just love the all new 120hz PROmotion. Any thoughts or tips you guys have for me would be appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GiraffeStrafe
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad idea

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 11:48 AM PST

    So I was thinking...

    A lot of people want to see mouse support come to iPad, but Apple so far has been reluctant in doing so, and I kind of understand why since they want to keep separate a touch screen OS vs a point and click OS. But I am now an owner of an Apple TV, and after using tvOS I got to thinking... what if Apple implemented a trackpad selector similar to how you navigate tvOS? So for example, when you're on the home screen, when you move around with the track pad, it would hover over whichever app you move to, and then you can select by tapping. Then once you're in an app like Messages (for example), you could move your finger down the track pad to "scroll" through the different messages, like in tvOS, and then tap to select the message. Then, maybe with two fingers, you could scroll through the actual message thread and moving your finger to the bottom of the track pad would automatically initiate the message box. Things like two fingered scrolling, or swiping up from the very bottom of the track pad to bring up the dock/app switcher, could be universal commands. I mean, in some ways, it would function like a track pad for MacBooks. But without the actual cursor. I thought that this could be a cool way to not directly bring point and click, while more or less providing people an alternate way so they don't have to keep reaching to tap on the screen to select things.

    Does that make sense? What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/Zelda_Chestnut
    [link] [comments]

    Advice: IPad Pro or Wacom Cintiq

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:46 AM PST

    I'm graduating from illustration in 2 months (omg i'm scared), and i want to upgrade my system before i'm in the professional world. I do 100% of my illustrations digitally in photoshop and use gouache style brushes. I run most things in 300dpi for print.

    I currently have a Macbook Pro (2013 model) and a cintiq 13hdd and it's becoming increasingly cramped. I've been considering upgrading to a ipad pro 12.9" to use as a stand alone system instead of upgrading my computer and to a bigger cintiq.

    If you've ditched wacom for an ipad what made you do it? does the ipad have enough power to complete illustrations on? How is the brushes and the general workflow in procreate?

    submitted by /u/agrumpyhipster
    [link] [comments]

    Can the Pro split screen between a safari internet page and Reddit?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 06:55 AM PST

    Hi. I'm probably going to upgrade from my mini 2 to a Pro. I do a lot of writing online but I can never see my sources so I have to try to remember what the source said or keep popping back and forth between the internet page and Reddit, for example. Will the Pro solve this problem for me? Will I be able to see documents I'm creating in Pages or Word 365 and the internet or between the document I'm creating and other documents I have stored in Word or Pages or in my email?

    submitted by /u/mdisred2
    [link] [comments]

    I love my iPad but I am not using it as much

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:11 PM PST

    Hello guys,

    I just posted this on the Apple subreddit, but I wanted to hear your opinion as well.. since, well, you guys are the iPad experts.

    I currently own an iPad Pro 9.7" + LTE and I have the Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard. It is an absolutely amazing combination. The few times I take notes, the Apple Pencil makes this a joy. Whenever I have to type something up, the Smart Keyboard feels great. And for media consumption the iPad by itself does a kickass job.

    My problem is that I find myself not picking it up as often as I would like because of the software limitations. I am not trying to say that iOS is limited. There are apps for almost everything, and games for every type of person. - But for some reason, most tasks are simply a lot easier to do on a regular Mac/PC with a traditional OS and mouse. I feel like it's not an iOS problem, but rather a problem with everything else. Websites, programs, the everyday workflow hasn't fully adopted to the devices of the future. And it's a shame.

    I'm a PhD student, and certain interactive websites that I use for school just don't seem to load well or allow me to navigate as efficiently. Certain jobs that I do require me to use a browser, and a mail client. Both things fully functional on any iPad. But, again, for some reason, I find myself being lot quicker and more efficient on my MacBook. The precision of a mouse has a lot to do with it, but the snappiness and flexibility of a desktop OS can't be taken for granted either.

    It is true that I am a power user, and perhaps I have the knowledge/experience that a simpler user wouldn't have on a computer, making the iPad a better choice. The problem here is that I really love my iPad. I just wish I could use it more. When I'm on the go (commuting, walking around, in & out of class / work, my iPhone X has a terrific screen and does a great job offering me everything I need in those situations. And when I get to sit down, the iPad is great, but I always feel like the 12" MacBook would do the same job faster and more efficiently most of the time, with no extra weight/size sacrifice.

    At home, my entire house is rigged with Cast devices (Android TV, Chromecast Audio, and normal Chromecasts) that allow me to just cast my media to a speaker/tv, so I don't really use the iPad at home for that purpose.

    Does anyone else feel the same way? Is there any app, service, or something that I might be missing out on that might improve my experience?

    As much as I love it, I think I will sell it and keep my Gaming Rig + 12" MacBook + iPhone&AppleWatch setup.

    submitted by /u/retailacc
    [link] [comments]

    Wish iPad split-view was smart enough to rotate vertical apps

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 05:07 PM PST

    It is really the one thing that still drives me nuts.

    submitted by /u/wonder_wharf
    [link] [comments]

    Activation lock Help

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:06 AM PST

    Hey guys, so here's the story. I bought an IPad about 3 years ago and I set it up with my Apple ID which I had at the time. After a few month I started using a different Apple ID because I had forgot the password for my first Apple ID. ( I couldn't reset the password because I had completely stopped using that email address and had also forgotten everything about that email. Probably because I haven't used it for so long) so I set the iPad up with this new Apple ID and everything was good, up until today. I tried to open my iPad and it's asking me to put in the the password from my first Apple ID because that's the email address I used to set up the device. So before this gets to long I just need to know what to do. Should I contact Apple or take it back to the store I bought it from?

    Also, if you have any suggestions for a sub more suited for this question let me know.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Blackk19
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t we use control centre while multitasking?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:13 AM PST

    There're a lot of times when I just want to change the brightness a bit or change the music or the rotation lock. Any idea as to why Apple hasn't implemented this feature?

    In the current implementation, you have to completely swipe up, change something and click on the app again to use it. Wouldn't it be infinitely more convenient if we could just use the control centre while swiping up partially? It doesn't break the workflow, and makes much more sense. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/RingsOfOrbis
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for my workflow

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 05:42 PM PST

    I am a manager in a big box retail store. I use excel to create formal monthly one on one conversations, which get revisited on a weekly basis. I also have to have documented coaching sessions with each employee, for which I have PDFs of the coaching forms that I annotate with the Apple Pencil. Do you guys have any suggestions for apps that could help keep me organized? I would prefer to have an app that would allow me to save all of these different document formats to notebooks corresponding to each employee that I have. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/brando_calrisian
    [link] [comments]

    IPAD 2018 - when??

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:06 PM PST

    Am I only who is waiting for new "budget" IPAD in March?

    submitted by /u/e6k01rs
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 9.7 Graphical Glitches

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:48 PM PST

    Images - https://imgur.com/a/Ssq92

    I'm sure my iPad is pretty toast at this point, but was wondering if anyone has ran into this issue of graphical glitches and could offer any tips.

    It started happening the end of last year. I would get long green lines on my iPad that would result in the device freezing and rebooting itself. After the reboot, it was always fine so I thought it was just a glitch in iOS or something.

    It would happen about once a week so I never thought too much of it, but two weeks ago, my iPad went kapootz. Stuck on a boot loop with graphical issues on the Apple logo like in the video. It may boot into the operating system like once every 30 reboots without an issue, but then it would like hang like the picture with black bars or other graphical anomalies. I've already tried restoring once, didn't do much.

    Apple Store couldn't really replace it for me since it's been out of warranty for two months and I had no previous visit with them regarding it (I thought it was just a bug). The funny thing is that my parents' iPad 2 is still going strong several years later (albeit super sluggish).

    I've done some research and it seems like it's most likely an issue with the logic board. It seems similar to an issue found with some older Macbook Pros. Anyone have possible ideas for me to try to fix this? I'm thinking of taking it apart and putting the logic board in the oven, lol. If not, I'll have to just scrap it for parts.

    I don't plan on repairing it through Apple since the service fee is $509 + taxes, which is absurd. I actually went ahead and ordered a 2017 iPad 32GB for $372 taxes included since I wasn't too hopeful with an out-of-warranty service case.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/berniebennybernard
    [link] [comments]

    My iPad screen just randomly cracked down the center while I was holding it. Out of warranty, am I SOL?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 05:26 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel