• Breaking News

    Friday, March 2, 2018

    Apple Watch Unofficial /r/AppleWatch Move It March! Fill The Rings Challenge!

    Apple Watch Unofficial /r/AppleWatch Move It March! Fill The Rings Challenge!


    Unofficial /r/AppleWatch Move It March! Fill The Rings Challenge!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 04:39 AM PST

    While this is moderator endorsed and approved (and thus official) , it is not run by the r/AppleWatch mod team.

    Hey everybody,

    It seems like last month's challenge was a success, so let's get it going again this month! I'm super excited to see how everyone did, so if you participated last month, leave a comment with your score and any other fun facts about how your health improved over the last month. (I'm down 8 pounds since I started doing my fill the rings challenges in mid January!).

    For this challenge we will be using the Challenges app (made by the folks over at LoseIt). For those of you who are unfamiliar with the app, it's an app that allows you to join teams and get points for filling your rings. Based on the weight that you enter in when you set up your account, it will suggest a move goal for the challenge. At the end of the challenge, you will be awarded Bronze, Silver, or Gold depending on your performance.

    If you already have the app you can just click this link: loseit-challenges://join?eligibilitycode=nymj

    • First, download Challenges
    • Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'nymj' If you already have the app you can just click this link: loseit-challenges://join?eligibilitycode=nymj
    • Find a team and join or create your own

    Here's how the medals break down:

    • Bronze = 40 points/day average
    • Silver = 60 points/day average
    • Gold = 80 points/day average

    How do you earn points?

    • Move points are earned by closing your move ring. 12 points per ring closed (points awarded for partial closures) with a maximum of 36 points per day possible
    • Exercise points are awarded by closing the exercise ring. 12 points per ring closed (points awarded for partial closures) with a maximum of 36 points per day possible
    • Stand points are awarded for closing your stand ring. 1 point per each stand hour with a maximum of 14 points per day possible
    • If you close all three rings you get 12 bonus points
    • If a teammate closes all three rings, you get 4 bonus points, with 12 points possible if all three teammates close all their rings

    I think this will be a fun and healthy way for us to continue to motivate each other, and give us something to do other than post pictures of watch bands (jk, keep those pictures coming).

    Let's use this thread for organizing teams and motivating each other as the month goes on.

    If you have any questions at all about how to set up the app, don't hesitate to message me, as I'm very familiar with the app and happy to help.

    Thanks, and let's get this party started!

    -Eric

    Disclaimer: The Challenges App allows you to create a username and/or use your real name. It also allows you to connect with people through messages called "nudges". The mod team and event organizer are not responsible for any contact two individuals wish to make in the app.

    submitted by /u/NHDrumline17
    [link] [comments]

    So I am new to the Apple Watch system and I didn’t know it can do this! Wow I am amazed

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:49 PM PST

    Apple Watch has an "hourly chime" sound built in watchOS, add a setting to let us use it!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 01:43 AM PST

    Thanks to the heart rate monitor, I can see the impact of stoping smoking. In only 4 days, my medium heart rate dropped by 20 bpm (stopped sunday, «D » on the graph )

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 08:29 AM PST

    Every time I smoke.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 10:57 PM PST

    Does anyone else have trouble with the chronograph face?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 04:18 AM PST

    Nike App keeps tracking runs after I'm done.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 06:47 AM PST

    So I run every night using the Nike app on my phone. The way I do it is to start the run on my phone, then I can just raise my watch to see all of my stats. A little while back it stopped even transferring over to my watch, but that finally fixed itself after a while, I think an update did it. Anyway, after I finish the run, I stop it on my phone. Normally that will end the run on my watch. Lately it's been keeping the run going on my watch. Not only that, but even if I do stop it, it will randomly start up again. I've had runs going overnight several times now. Even when I hit the stop, it will still keep going after I get back out of the app. Sometimes when I try to start the run on my phone, it alerts me that it's already tracking a run on my watch. I've tried force quitting the app which worked once, but now that doesn't even do it. I'll hold the button on the side, wait for the slide off screen, then hold the crown until it leaves the app. I open the Nike app back up and it's STILL tracking a run! Shouldn't force quitting completely stop anything you're doing?

    I never had issues with it until I started running again a few months ago.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/VenomC
    [link] [comments]

    my setup for a rainy run in philly tonight

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 06:59 PM PST

    Switch from 1 to 3 Nike+ thank to my wife!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 11:46 PM PST

    Closed All My Rings, everyday of February! So stoked and motivated to do the same in March!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 10:45 AM PST

    Gold plated Series 3 Watch

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 03:40 AM PST

    Found out by accident that i can segment my workout by double-tapping the screen during my HIIT workout.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 10:38 AM PST

    People that are closing all rings for like a year, a question for you

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 01:21 PM PST

    So for people that close all of their rings for a long period of time, are you never sick? Never injured? Are you decreasing you activity goal during critical days like these or how do you do it?

    Reason I ask, is I'm having a good streak of closing the rings but this Saturday I'll be at my sisters place all day (6am to midnight, so gym at home is not possible) to visit her newborn. There's no gym nearby and there's a lot of snow outside, so no running is possible (if I was thinking of sneaking out during the visit). I've an activity goal above 800kcal so a "normal" day without working out will not close my rings. I've made up my mind to just enjoy the day off and spend it with my sister. A day without closing the rings is not the end of the world.

    Are you never in these type of situations?

    submitted by /u/Gyrta
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to turn off just the phone call sound off (AW 3, no LTE)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 02:42 AM PST

    Basically like in desciption - I have been googling the issue, but so far all I've found is mute option for whole watch. I want to hear messages sounds for example, I just want to mute those from phonecalls since i have my phone and my Apple Watch calling simultaneously.

    submitted by /u/Piotrazz
    [link] [comments]

    Now, I’m a part of the family! So excited! S3 GPS.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 08:32 PM PST

    Can anyone tell me how to make my Apple Watch the default tracker of steps. I’ve changed the order shown in the picture but hasn’t changed. My iPhone is still the one tracking my steps that update on the Health app. However I don’t always have my phone in my pocket I do more steps than it tracks

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 02:10 AM PST

    My first ever Perfect Month!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 03:02 PM PST

    Can everyone here submit feedback through the Messenger app telling Facebook that they need to fix Messenger for Apple Watch?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 01:34 AM PST

    Through Messenger → Your Picture → Report a Problem (at the bottom). It often takes a minute for conversation threads to load, or the watchOS app doesn't work at all, which makes for a terrible user experience on a platform where information is supposed to be quickly glanceable with lightweight interactions.

    I suspect that what happened was Facebook made the watchOS Messenger app when the device came out and haven't touched it since. I have noticed no improvement whatsoever in the app after every App Store update, and we wouldn't even know otherwise since they don't write release notes. Please cast your vote in the form of in-app feedback to them, it may even be better that they don't have a Messenger watchOS app so they don't trash the Apple Watch experience. I use iMessage whenever I can for performance and Siri integration, but clearly Messenger is very popular (at least in the U.S.) and cross-platform.

    submitted by /u/refine_and_refine
    [link] [comments]

    I just had a funny bug with watch faces

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 01:09 AM PST

    Suggestions on Fitness Apps

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 02:00 PM PST

    I'm looking to start adding weight lifting to my morning workouts. Currently, I'm just doing cardio to get some stamina, but I'm starting to grow tired of it. I've been using the Workout app to track the cardio, but I'm not sure how to go about tracking the weight lifting.

    In all honesty, I want to go about tracking it via the Workout app to have a workout, but if I can't do that, then I'll just do cardio and track that. I'm trying to get all the achievements... :)

    Any suggestions on what to do?

    submitted by /u/Shamrock013
    [link] [comments]

    3.5 contributions/day. How do you compare?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 11:02 PM PST

    How can I silence my watch during meetings automatically?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 09:01 AM PST

    I have my apple watch synced with Google Calendar (for work) and I have marked myself as "busy" during these meetings. Is there a way to have my watch auto silenced (no notifications, no buzzing sounds/haptic noises whatever) when I become "busy", and then undo that when my meeting finishes (as per the calendar)?

    Is there a way to do this with the default Apple Calendar as well?

    Do Not Disturb appears to be the only way to do it, but it's a manual setting I have to turn on and off. I want something a bit more automated and tied to my calendar settings.

    submitted by /u/JunYeonnie
    [link] [comments]

    Only Green SMS Replies Available on Watch

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 02:57 PM PST

    All of my contacts that have Apple products are normally messaged in standard Messages-blue when replying from my watch but all week every contact comes up as a green SMS message, only on my watch. My phone sends them via Messages. Anyone know what could be causing this? Seems to have happened randomly as I have not been meddling with my settings at all.

    submitted by /u/newwaveb0y
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel